[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Another pair of new writers >Almost all cape Are we

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 279
Thread images: 46

File: new.png (38KB, 587x351px) Image search: [Google]
new.png
38KB, 587x351px
>Another pair of new writers
>Almost all cape

Are we gonna be an action show now?

https://twitter.com/otherland71/status/764168406446649344
>>
>>28179042
Who the hell are they
>>
>>28179055
Looks like one of the guys produced Napoleon Dynamite and they've worked on Transformers and a few Marvel shows.
>>
>>28179057
That can only be bad news
>>
File: 1399727634889.jpg (12KB, 222x200px) Image search: [Google]
1399727634889.jpg
12KB, 222x200px
>>28179042
>>
>Pear core in field this morning, sister tooth sign on burst pulp. This farm is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The orchards are extended gutters and the gutters are full of ciders and when the drains finally scab over, all the ponies will get drunk. The accumulated cutenes of all their hug and friendship will foam up about their crotch and all the mares and politicians will look up and shout "One more!"... and I'll whisper "Eeeeyup."
>>
File: downloadfile-3.jpg (81KB, 539x773px) Image search: [Google]
downloadfile-3.jpg
81KB, 539x773px
>>28179042
>>28179057
>>
>>28179042
This is very good news.
>>
>>28179042
The dude was a producer on Ultimate Spider Man. Was that good?
>>
>>28179171
No.
>>
>>28179042
>Are we gonna be an action show now?
I really hope so.
>>
>>28179042
They have experience, I have hope.
>>
>>28179171
Teen Titans Go tier.
>>
>>28179171
If you don't mind a wacky super hero show, then sure.
>>
>>28179171
Sometimes. Wouldn't say any of that translates well over to mlp however.
>>
>>28179042
It's already shit!
>>
>>28179057
I loved Napoleon Dynamite
Fuck yeah
>>
>>28179042

>Give a crucial episode like this to the writer of Napoleon Dynamite

Haber is even trying or he don't care about the show at all? We need this guy in some comedy episode, not this one
>>
"Wyatt is currently producing Cafe (2010) starting Jennifer Love Hewitt and Murder in the Dark (2013), which he also co-wrote.[5] Wyatt co-wrote with Kevin Burke episodes of the animated TV shows Iron Man: Armored Adventures[6] and Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes. He has also co-written episodes for Avengers Assemble. Alongside Kevin Burke, he also wrote an episode for the sixth season of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic titled "The Times They Are A Changeling"."

>capeshit writer in a social issue/drama episode

How many cliches will have this episode?
>>
File: 1470970714719.jpg (496KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1470970714719.jpg
496KB, 1536x2048px
I don't really get this disdain for writers just because there new. Any of the writers that may have come to love were all new at some point. Nick was for example was a writer for Johnny Test, yet his mlp episodes are pretty well received. That being said, the upcoming episodes will probably end being shitty since Haber is in charge, he's the real problem. His lack of quality control hampered most of this season as he pushes the new writers in the wrong directions.
>>
Don't want to sound like sexist but, boy is this season's writers manly.
How many women writers are working on this show now?
>>
>>28179286
And yet under Haber we've had some of the best Spike treatement. Gauntlet of Fire managed to finally break the Spike curse. He was also pretty good in the S6 premiere.
>>
>>28179299
>spike
lol who fucking cares
>>
>>28179310
I do
>>
>>28179310
Spike is awesome dude.
>>
>>28179310
Spike and Rarity are the only good things about this season.
>>
>>28179299

Nah, Haber is like the Bobby Curnow from the show, he just approve everything and didn't even check any error.

Just like the joke to fluttershy in the last episode.

I give the whole credit of GoF to the writer, not to haber.

Haber is a great writer but a shitty story editor that don't know how to work with the newfags.G.M berrow would be a better option but she is busy with the official books
>>
>>28179286

the reason people don't like new writers is the risk that they pose. You take someone who probably has no knowledge of the past X seqsons of character development and world building, give him/her a rushed overview of the series and work a little with them to create episode scripts and it leaves a lot of room for disastrous writing and terrible gimmicky plots because they have no idea what they're really writing about so they make a generic story that's been done to death. Don't get me wrong, every idea has been done to death, even ones used in mlp, it's just that it falls even flatter because they can't write the character correctly or set situations up that really utilize the characters in the episode and it turns out a shit show.
>>
>>28179299
I think that's more Jim's doing considering of how vocal he was to Spike's development since this season started.
>>
>>28179332
Haber can't write adventure stories.
>>28179332
She wrote a pretty horrible Pinkie episode.
>>
>>28179332

Fucking this, pic very related
>>
File: 1327626233071[1].jpg (177KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1327626233071[1].jpg
177KB, 800x450px
>>28179310
>hating spike on /mlp/
>>
File: 5f7.jpg (106KB, 852x492px) Image search: [Google]
5f7.jpg
106KB, 852x492px
>>28179348
>>
I think these guys will do well, but it is ultimately the story editor who really decides what makes it in the final product.

>>28179332
Josh Haber left to work on Skylanders.
>>
>>28179365

>Josh Haber left to work on Skylanders.

Source?

I really want to generate some butthurt
>>
>>28179374
https://mobile.twitter.com/joshhaber/status/662699586935369728
>>
welp, he was right after all
>>
>>28179427

welp, i can't post that in derpibooru.

Nothing related to the ponies
>>
>>28179449
You can post it on /v/ though.

Besides Derpibooru has the same opinion of the show that we have.
>>
>>28179463

You mean that it's gone downhill and has become a shadow of its former self, losing almost all cleverness in its writing, mysterious world, believably interesting characters, and somewhat deep character interactions for a cheap world that relies too much on our world to support its newer stories and writing?
>>
>>28179504
Yup, also they have the same fervent love of Spike that we do.
>>
>>28179440

someone have that tweet when larson say that he writer because he love the show and Haber reply that he only does it for the money?
>>
>>28179342
Every part of that interview made me wish they'd given the show to Larson instead of McCarthy.
>>
File: 1432452375132.jpg (100KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1432452375132.jpg
100KB, 1280x960px
>>28179504
It seems like a lot of places seem to share that opinion, at least from what I've seen. The debate seems to be about whether it's still good or not.

>>28179527
Larson is pretty fucking based, his original idea for MMC wasn't even that bad.
>>
>>28179527
I like McCarthy's writing a lot though
>>
>>28179524
>what is sarcasm?

Also, according to his appearance in Bronies react to Cutie Map, Larson's only in it for the money. But, like I said,

>what is sarcasm?
>>
>>28179549

That just comes down to personal taste and the reasone you came to the show in the first place. It's almost as if there are two waves of fans, the first that have a few lingering who started before season 3, and the newer who showed up past season 3. I always like to point twords the same thing happening in Adventure Time with the fans. Mid-season 3 for them was the polarizing point where a lot of fans got out of it and stopped enjoying the show. For us it was more the start/end of season 3 depending on who you ask.
>>
File: th-thanks_M_A_Larson.png (54KB, 605x490px) Image search: [Google]
th-thanks_M_A_Larson.png
54KB, 605x490px
>>28179527
His episodes commonly dominate people's top ten lists.
S5 is also usually rated first or second on people season lists. Unsurprising since he supervised half of it.
>>
>>28179727

Also the first part of Starlight glimmer was fucking great and we get some cameos of glimmer in the first part of the season but Haber literally ruin everything in the end
>>
>>28179042
Who cares what show they have written before, how about they tell us how much they liked MLP before joining as a writer?
>>
I swear /mlp/ is the most autistic when it comes to new writers coming onto the show. Just non-stop "muh Johhny Test! REEEE" despite the current record of most of the new writers ranging from okay to pretty dang good. Larson even confirmed that new writers are expected to read everything and if they make a mistake, that's what the editor is for.

All big franchise get new writers at some point and they can even add something new like ideas, concepts, or interesting characters to the franchise that we haven't seen before.
>>
>>28179820

New writers help keep shows from getting stale. If it were the same few writers, it would get repetitive.
>>
>>28179820
It isn't about the idea of new writers coming on the show it is the sheer number of new writers coming on the show alongside being writers that may not be terribly informed about the series.
>>
>>28179837
The (mostly former now) fans of the IDW comic can confirm this. Shows really do need new blood.
>>
>>28179820
$0.05 has been deposited into your account.
>>
>>28179858
Do you have a counter-point or are you just going to meme?

And it's $0.21, you little bitch.
>>
>>28179820
>>28179837
>>28179850
fuck OFF
>>
File: fishing for pity and attention.jpg (54KB, 612x292px) Image search: [Google]
fishing for pity and attention.jpg
54KB, 612x292px
https://twitter.com/TheBiggestJim/status/765311994253586432

Meanwhile, Jim Miller, aka a 40-year old bachelor manchild is once again whinning and sobbing on Twitter to fish for some free attention, backpats and ego boosters from his retarded followers.

And we are stuck with this asshole until the end of FiM.
>>
>>28179837

This is the main problem with the series and new writers. With new writers who don't look at what happened to the series beforehand for the most part, and end up creating something different which is why you saw people jumping ship in season 4 and 5. We also gained quite a few new watchers during those seasons because of the change, moreso season 5s change. Whenever a thread comes up with people posting about when they joined mlp, you see a lot of people answer season 4 and 5 now-a-days. The show is getting new blood both in the writing team and in the fans. A lot of the 'old blood' hasn't been too happy about these changes and that's why you always see such polarizing opinions of the newer seasons.
>>
>>28179903
>his retarded followers
Why are you calling yourself retarded?

>>28179879
>why can't everyone be a cynical asshat like me!
>>
>>28179913
>Whenever a thread comes up with people posting about when they joined mlp, you see a lot of people answer season 4 and 5 now-a-days.
[citation needed]
>>
>>28179527
Reminder that there is literally no one from the season 1 crew still working on the show.
>>
>>28179913
Your argument against new writers is horseshit. Most of S4 and S5 were written by the old-guard.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_My_Little_Pony:_Friendship_Is_Magic_episodes

>With new writers who don't look at what happened to the series beforehand
>>28179342
>we're suppose to read everything
>>
>>28179870
You want a legit counter-point, fine.

>he current record of most of the new writers ranging from okay to pretty dang good
F.M. De Marco, a new guy, wrote the last episode. People are still complaining and unhappy with it.

Neal Dusedau is rensonsible for the story of 3 extremely disliked episodes, with Michael P. Fox and Wil Fox writing the teleplay of Applejack's Day Off, his most recent one. Their previous work was The Gift of the Maud Pie which does fit okay, but Applejack's Day Off is definitely not.

Nick is pretty decent.

>Larson even confirmed that new writers are expected to read everything and if they make a mistake,
It's their job, but do they actually do that? IDW can sure prove that people involved don't really do their job.

>that's what the editor is for.
See above.

>All big franchise get new writers at some point and they can even add something new like ideas, concepts, or interesting characters to the franchise that we haven't seen before.
And when you start changing too much, you start deviating to a point where you don't have what you once began with. Also, can you give examples of new ideas, concepts or characters these new people have introduced? They sure like going back to Manehattan, that's for sure.
>>
>>28179932

Yes, and on top of that they have moved the storyline away from what it originally was all about. Instead of it being a group of 6 friends hanging out and learning about eachother while gaining valuable life lessons, it's now about going off to the middle of nowhere to help some one-off character do some stupid Bullshit just to say 'We da best at teaching friendship".
>>
>>28179903
What was the point of that tweet? We have no context. It is also extremely weird for him to feel that way in a job he has held for six years already.
>>
>>28179944
The Lady Writers have done remarkably well so they are an argument against that.
>>
>>28179932
Dave Polsky.
>>
>>28179932
We still have Dave Polsky in the writing team.
>>
>>28179950
He's constantly beiting people into giving him praises and telling him he's so awesome by claiming he's sad, depressed, alone and totally unworthy of the work he got.

Turns out he does it at a regular basis and he cannot withstand any kind of criticism without trying to convince the other guy into loving and praising him as well instead of you know, JUST IGNORING IT.

Jim, pocro pezzo di merda.
>>
File: 1412023820801.png (121KB, 500x308px) Image search: [Google]
1412023820801.png
121KB, 500x308px
>>28179057
>Transformers

Well, I can certainly see Mcguffin hunting coming back.
>>
File: 2lewd.png (121KB, 600x428px) Image search: [Google]
2lewd.png
121KB, 600x428px
>>28179924
Not him, but I see no reason not to do this right now. What season did you actually start watching the show?

And as a bonus question, if you are unhappy with the show, where did your interest start to fade?

Your reward for answering will be this lewd pic.
>>
>>28180032
That was too lewd.

I joined near the end of season one. I faded at Tirek and had nearly given up by the end of season 5 with a few exceptions. Specifically, Pinkie episodes, Rarity Investigates, and the CMC which I liked even if the new marks are busy.
>>
>>28179944
And plenty of people are praising the last episode. The salty faggots are mostly dashfags, who've been very vocal this season.

PS is shit and WAD is divisive but the lowest rated Discord episode. AJ's DO biggest sin is being boring.
To counterpoint Neal and the Fox brothers, I'll raise you:
One pair of Joanna Lewis and Kristine Songco: Castle Sweet Castle, Rarity Investigates, & Gauntlet of Fire
A Dave Rapp: Flutter Brutter (I'd put Newbie Dash here too because it was honestly good, but salty Dashfags will say I have shit taste if I include it)
A Corey Powell: Sleepless in Ponyville, Just For Sidekicks, & Inspiration Manifestation (I'd put Rainbow Falls on here too but lots of people don't like how it portrayed the WBs)
One Natasha Levinger: Pinkie Apple Pie, Make New Friends but Keep Discord, & Scare Master
Noelle Benvenuti: Maud Pie
You already gave me Nick Confalone.

I think there's a few more but I think my point stands. All these are examples of writers coming on post S2 (the season everyone around here says was the last good season).

And before you twist my argument into saying "these writers are perfect" and list the one or two bad episode each one wrote, I'll remind you that the OG writers also have one or two shit episodes in their repertoire as well.

The point is there's no sense in doompauling about new writers before you even see one of their episodes.

Now if you'll excuse me, I got some shill money to go spend.
>>
>>28179932
Polski and McCarthy are still working on the show you dingus.
>>
Maybe something good will happen.
>>
>>28180032
Already blessed by Immunity Glim. Smugness protects me.

Also not him but I joined way back in S1 around March. I still enjoy most of the episodes. The only ones I truly hate are the worst ones like Princess Spike or MMDW.
>>
>>28180010
Calm down Murrisson, that's not true.
>>
>>28179527
I think that McCarthy gets a lot of unwarranted hate. Yeah we have Equestria Girls now but for what it's worth she wasn't as evil as people make her out to be.
>>
>>28180074
Lots of people hate Flutter Brutter.

But I will suggest Ed Valentine to be added in place of Dave Rapp.
>>
>>28179042

>Producer for Napoelon Dynamite

Well I mean, I guess it's an interesting trip to go from that to cape shows to ponies.
>>
>>28179171

Sometimes, Completely different type of show though so not much can be garnered.
>>
>>28180102
>Flutter Brutter.
Because people got triggered. Not really a valid reason to dislike an episode.
>>
File: yiwd.jpg (56KB, 322x241px) Image search: [Google]
yiwd.jpg
56KB, 322x241px
>>28180032
>>
>>28180094
Oh hi NkSnork.
>>
>>28179947
You can only learn about each other for so long without making the show an actual "sitcom where the characters reset after every episode". It had to change sooner or later to preserve the little continuity in character development it had. Although the writers tend to have issues acknowledging this character development, which results in stuff like The Cart before the Ponies.
>>
>>28180102
I was going to put him, but I couldn't remember how "Flight to the Finish" was received around here and the Cart episode had lukewarm reception, despite it being very S2-tier in terms of tone and story. And his best episode was co-written with Mccarthy.
>>
>>28180120
Zephyr Breeze was extremely unlikeable.
>>
>>28180102

Well their idiots, Flutter Brutter was by far the best portrayal of Fluttershy in years.
>>
>>28180074
>The salty faggots are mostly dashfags, who've been very vocal this season.
I should honestly just disregard your entire opinion if that's how you're going to act. There's plenty of people who don't give a shit about Dash such as myself, who thought the episode was a sack of crap, which dull people only liked because "ZOMBIES ARE FUN!"

Secondly, I don't really agree with the list of writers you're pulling up. How "new" exactly are we talking? Corey Powell, Natasha Levinger and Noelle Benvenuti, being Season 3 and 4 writers, and at this point being about 2 years old, I don't consider that new. Especially if they were around when more veterans were. If you define new as post S2 like you said, that's one story. I'd consider new to be S5 and beyond, as that's when more veterans left. If they were new around S3 and S4, I do not consider them new writers anymore. So I guess that's up to you.

>doompauling
I really hate this word, because similar to other words on 4chan, people seem to not know the real definition. People questioning new writers, upon their previous actions does not constitute doompauling. However, freaking out about it and saying it will be shit is a different story. I'm cautious when it comes to new writers, especially in this time with less veterans around, as I feel it's reaching the point where "new" becomes "too different". New is not bad, but there is a point where change begins to twist what you had. One problem I have at the moment, is it just seems like everyone who has really done well in pony has either moved on, or is currently working on the movie. That leaves us with questionables, I feel.
>>
>>28179932

Here
>>
>>28180133
NkSnork talks to Murrisson? Not on twitter in any case, or not very often if he does.
>>
>>28180144

He's not MEANT To be likable.
>>
File: 12883110112.jpg (55KB, 598x583px) Image search: [Google]
12883110112.jpg
55KB, 598x583px
>cape writers
>one of the common tropes in cape is student vs teacher
>we may finally get the Twilight vs Celestia episode after years of waiting
>>
>>28180098
I don't like McCarthy just when she does too much with Twilight. Which, as she's written episodes like Sweet and Elite, isn't too bad all the time, but when it comes to season premiers and finales, it's a problem. I'm concerned for the movie.
>>
Hire fans then at least then we would have someone who cared about the show.
>>
>>28180157
Their other episode is either Viva Las Pegasus or Every Little Thing She Does. Which are Fluttershy/AJ and Starlight Glimmer episodes respectively.
>>
>>28180167
The movie will probably be her same schtick, we already know it is rehashing the same formula of "villain from the past comes back to seek revenge and take over the world"
>>
>>28180167
With premiers and Finales she got progressively better. Though I share your same concern for the movie. However given that this is a feature length film I'm hoping she works out her pacing issues with the allotted film time.
>>
>>28180157

Sorry anon but we already know all the episodes of this season and no one involve Celestia and the last one will be written by Josh Haber
>>
>>28180171
Maybe next season.
>>
You people act like writing episodes is a difficult task.
>>
>>28180167
The show kind of has a problem of underusing Twilight already, and Meghan used to counterbalance that with the openers and finales. However, as those aren't good for character development, it left the show with barely any Twilight development episodes while heavily featuring her in the two-parters, which instead of alleviating the problem created others by seemingly over-featuring Twilight. This is pretty much the major problem that has been plaguing the show since the end of S3 (it got a little better in S5).
>>
>>28180184
>we already know it is rehashing the same formula of "villain from the past comes back to seek revenge and take over the world"
Shit, really? Sauce?

>>28180186
I don't know. Season 4's P/F were both terrible, and too Twilight centered. I get that she was just crowned Princess, but it made it feel like it was just her show during those episodes. Same for EqG 1, though it got better in EqG 2 (and worse in EqG 3, but that wasn't her.) Season's 5 premier was decent, but then it went back to the very same problem as ever in the finale. I feel like it's several cases about taking steps forward, then backwards, cancelling out the progress just made.

>However given that this is a feature length film
And I'd give the film credit for this, however, aren't the EqG movies considered feature length films too, yet still have the same problems of sticking the rest of the characters in the back? On top of that, my other concern is the could focus too much on Twilight, and then in addition to her, whoever the new celebrity characters are, practically making the Mane 5 useless as usual. It's not something I feel will definitely happen, but it's a concern of mine.
>>
>>28180152
>most S6 writers only arrived on S5 or later
Fuck, no wonder the worldbuilding has gone to shit.
>>
>>28180169
But that would require the people doing the hiring to care about the show
>>
>>28180228
It was from a Russian panel, when a threat endangers Equestria the mane 6 + Spike supposedly need to travel to an alien world to work with several different races that dealt with the threat ages ago.
>>
>>28180226
I do agree, the premiers finales created a bit of a paradox that puts Twilight in a very awkward position. She rarely gets screentime in the season now, save for the premiers and finales. Some may say that's fair, but I really don't think it is because it always, 100% of the time power boosts up her, and leaves everyone else out. Not to mention, it feels super weird to leave her out of an entire season, only to have her do everything in the end. It's incredibly unbalanced, and bad for all the characters. Now if the season premiers and finales were normal, this wouldn't be a problem, but it is a problem because all it ends up doing is just makes Twilight the one who saves the day, while everyone else is victims or just has to watch.

I feel like S5 had the potential to be so much better. It started off better, and all it needed was one or two Twilight episodes sprinkled in. Instead, I feel what could have re-balanced everything was thrown off by the finale, and ruined even further with Starlight, who only acknowledges Twilight because unlike Sunset, Twilight's the only pony who hangs around her. Now this season finale is probably just going to be about Twilight and Starlight, two characters barely doing anything other than trying to fit in this season. As a result, it went back to feeling unbalanced.
>>
>>28180197

Next season?
>>
>>28180153
Oh Hi, Soundmonkey.
>>
>>28180228
Your post is probably a good fit for >>28180226, too. Basically, the show doesn't focus on Twilight enough during seasons, making people complain about how she's a Mary Sue because she doesn't get any development, and then tries to balance it out by using her a lot in the two-parters, but since those aren't heavy in development, they just reinforce the problem and make people complain about underusing the rest of the mane 6 (Although I still think that the complaints are a bit overdone since Twilight naturally has a bigger role in two-parters, since she's the element of magic and the others just can't compete with that).
>>
>>28180285
Is that guy still relevant? I haven't heard from him in ages.
>>
>>28180268
Oh, that russian panel? I didn't know they said anything, I thought they just showed stuff. Yeah, a couple things are giving me hope from that. Like the poster, while Twilight is in the center, it doesn't really scream one of those "Hey guys, I'm the entire spotlight of everything!" like on some of the EQG merch. On top of that, they did reveal things that didn't show Twilight, like the stuff with Rarity and Rainbow too, so that gives me hope that it's a Mane 6 adventure, like Cutie Map.
>>
>>28180294
Oh hi, Illustrious Q
>>
>>28180151
If you think my comment about dashfags isn't true than you're delusional. I also specified "mostly". Congrats on getting upset over nothing.

> People questioning new writers, upon their previous actions does not constitute doompauling. However, freaking out about it and saying it will be shit is a different story.
>freaking out about it and saying it will be shit is a different story.
Is this your 1st time in one of these threads? It's actually the most "new writers could be okay" I've ever seen. Usually it's just OP announcing a new writer, then everyone flips their shit.
If you are approaching the idea of new writers with caution than my argument was not directed at you.

If you want to get semantic about "new" then I'll list off the current season written by people who joined S5 or later and the general consensus.

The Gift of the Maud Pie: Good; only bad thing about is was being set in Manehattan again, which many people are now sick of.
Gauntlet of Fire: Great. Puts the "Spike only has shit episodes" meme to rest once and for all (even though he had good ones before it).
Newbie Dash: People hate it because of "cringe".
A Hearth's Warming Tail: Some of the series best songs lumped into one episode.
Applejack's "Day" Off: Snorefest. Almost completely forgettable.
Flutter Brutter: Great. Haters are [b]mostly[\b] triggered NEETs.
Spice Up Your Life: Eh? Kind of a let down in the context of being the final episode before a hiatus. Not sure how it would be received if it was viewed as a standard episode.
28 Pranks Later: Divisive I guess. Some people like it for being a fun slice of life episode. Some hate it because they're sick of zombies being in everything.
>>
>>28180301
That guy cares about anything else than shilling the comics?
>>
>>28180297
They also commented that the audience got a few hints about the movie's plot and rather than cheers, the audience GROANED instead, for example when they talked about how the movie would include some transformations.
>>
>>28180316
Oh hi, CouchCrusader.
>>
>>28180329
OK, you got me. I don't know anything about Couch's viewpoints and argument behavior.
>>
>>28180268
>travel to an alien world to work with several different races that dealt with the threat ages ago
Do you think there will also be color coordinated endings?
>>
>>28180346
Oh hi, lhhh
>>
>>28180363
The only thing I know about that guy is that he's a shitposter.
>>
>>28180291
>since she's the element of magic and the others just can't compete with that
I feel like this kind of ideology is created by the paradox of Twilight's roles. It's her unfair boost that creates this.

Remember S1, and S2? Magic was completely worthless without everything else. It meant nothing Twilight had a crown, the elements needed to be together. And this held true even in MMC, right up until the alicornification. Yes, Magic was regarded as the most important, however it was useless without everything else. Friendship IS magic, in order to have the power of the magic, you needed what basically was the pillars of friendship.

Now skip to Season 4, and you notice how Magic starts to get its power creep. The elements are gotten rid of, yet Twilight still is the Princess of Friendship. It's like building a platform on several strong pillars, only to build a single, very strong one, and getting rid of the others. Then you get things like Twilight only being recognized by the other Princesses, unlike before. Then the S4 finale, how Twilight was the only one who did anything for most of it. Then you have an opportunity to make the Mane 5 relevant again, but Rainbow Power is never used again.

S5 then had a good start. But again, that power creep came up with the finale, as Twilight was the only one who could do anything, and the Mane 5 are nothing more than various victims of the time altering. I think it would have been better if it was played up more like the S2 premier or MMC, with Twilight rescuing one of her friends from a timeline, and then they rescue another from a different one, then they work together to fight Starlight. Alas, that didn't happen, and now Starlight only acknowledges Twilight.

So I feel like there was a point where Magic needed the other elements, but the show, with all the finale crap, just forgot about that, and gave her a big boost. Maybe Gaurdians of Harmony, which does have heavy Twilight focus in the toys, might help.
>>
>>28180380
Oh hi, WonderRed93
>>
>>28180403
Why does he always delete all but the last 7 of his twitter posts? It's annoying.
>>
>>28180303
>I also specified "mostly".
That doesn't make it any less true. You even admit to the episode being divisive, yet most of this board is not Dashfags. Therefore, it can't be mostly Dashfags who didn't like the episode.

>Is this your 1st time in one of these threads?
>It's actually the most "new writers could be okay" I've ever seen.
The fact that you even admit it's one of the most tame threads you've seen completely negates the whole doompauling thing then. The OP doesn't even offer a stance, if anything it's just a point of discussion. If this was, like you mention, a "Wow, all the Johnny Test writers really fucking suck, don't they?" thread, then this would be a completely different story. But this kind of thread definitely isn't the home of doompauling compared to various other threads.

>>28180320
Do we know who exactly the audience was? Was this a Russian brony con? And I would imagine the transformations would just be seaponies as shown there Maybe a powerup too from the elements.
>>
>>28180431
Because he's autistic and his mental condition always makes him spew out shit that enrages everyone, so his solution to everything is delete the evidence and then rage claiming he never did anything bad.

He has been banned from Derpibooru and Equestria Daily, where he dedicated hours to do nothing but derail conversations and pick fights with everyone.
>>
>>28180443
>Do we know who exactly the audience was?
Teenaged and adult fans of the series.

Their reaction to the movie's teasers was going fine until they brought up the transformations, which would be "neccesary". Then everything went to hell.
>>
>>28180443
>The fact that you even admit it's one of the most tame threads you've seen completely negates the whole doompauling thing then
No it doesn't you damage controlling faggot. Even this thread is littered with posts saying the new writer will suck.
>>28179150
>>28179251
>>28179060
>>28179263
>>28179440
Are you honestly telling me that there isn't an excessive amount of doompauling going on all the time on this board?
>>
File: 227516.png (832KB, 4327x5000px) Image search: [Google]
227516.png
832KB, 4327x5000px
>people actually have hope for this weekend's episode
>it's a spike episode
>new writer
Better start clenching your fragile anuses now faggots it's already Wednesday.
>>
File: Game over,man.jpg (43KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
Game over,man.jpg
43KB, 450x600px
>>28180627
>>
>>28180558
>5 posts
>In a thread of 129 replies and 44 IPs
If this thread is really too excessive for you, then go find some safe space.
>>
>>28179950
Impostor Syndrome is a mental condition that makes you feel unworthy of whatever high deeds you have achieved on life.

Basically, Jim is implying he doesn't deserves to be so awesome, so in other words he's fishing for compliments and his idiotic followers are giving him all the praise and asspats he wants.
>>
File: 1456555618368.gif (4MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1456555618368.gif
4MB, 300x300px
>>28180666
Oh shit.

>>28180627
You better die man, Satan commands it.
>>
File: 1460691708593.gif (688KB, 664x714px) Image search: [Google]
1460691708593.gif
688KB, 664x714px
>>28180666
Back Satan! The power of Christ compels you!
>>
>>28180627

Spike's been surprisingly strong this season, people are hoping he can continue that streak.
>>
>>28180399
This problem is easy to fix, you know that right?
>>
>>28180765
Doesn't seem like the writers are aware of that. And once you powerboost someone so much, no, it's not so easy to fix.
>>
>>28180679
Shifting goalposts and making random assertions that have absolutely nothing to do with anything I've said because you're losing the argument is poor sport.
"It's shit" is not valid criticism and hampers any actual discussion of pros and cons.
>>
File: tumblr_mwmzkpEvwI1qjoleso1_400.jpg (36KB, 390x396px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mwmzkpEvwI1qjoleso1_400.jpg
36KB, 390x396px
>>28180780
Use powerups.
>>
>>28180824
Now you're just being autistic. I was trying to be polite, but I give up at this. Please keep living in your delusional little world that everyone is doompauling the show, because of very obvious shitposters, despite the fact that you very clearly have several anons in this thread talking about the show and how they feel about matters, and are not just crying and shitting their pants about things. Yes there will always be shitposters, but clearly they are not dominant in this thread. Is this your first time here?

Also, if you want to talk about poor sport, the same can be said for disregarding points in favor of using buzzwords, and pointing out, again, obvious shitposting, then saying "Well you're just losing, I'm the winner!" as well as clearly using points that have nothing to do with anything said. Especially since anyone who tries to have an intelligent discussion doesn't see such as having a winner or loser.

We've already established "It's shit" is not valid, and you pointing out obvious shitposters, which every single thread will have, unless this is your first time here, contributes to nothing at all. The point was very clearly about people being cautious when it comes to new writers. No goalposts have been moved except the ones you changed yourself.

I'll eagerly be waiting when you wish to continue the discussion. If you would instead rather prefer to keep using buzzwords and accusing me of moving goalposts when such hasn't happened, only when things have changed due to something YOU have brought up, then I have nothing to add and I bid you farewell.
>>
>>28180862
Powerups only work if writers continue to use them. The problem with Rainbow Power was there seemed to be little communication with writers over it aside from the fact that they had to do it, and it was quickly forgotten about.
>>
>>28180979
Dude, the series went through TWO sets of powerups- the Elements of Harmony and the keys for Rainbow Power, but both were dumped into the trash because the current direction is clearly trying it's best to ditch the fantasy elements and turning the series into one with great animation, but the most mundane setting ever to make everything easier for them.

The Crystal Heart, which was introduced as basically a mega nuke fueled by either love OR hatred was supposed to be so fucking powerful as to affect the entire planet and we all caould see what the writers did with that idea after nearly 4 years: absolutely nothing.

We went from mythic pony world in the past to mundane pony world into present day earth. The current direction will not add any powerups that could get in the way of their easy stories, epic references, fandom pandering and bipedal ponies.
>>
>>28181041
Ahhh, I finally see now why fans are upset with the series having more modern tech and having a lighter tone with its fantasy elements despite being okay with the idea of the series borrowing more elements from Mario.

That's because Mario embraces its fantasy elements and often is more creative with how it introduces modern technology.
>>
>>28181073
Copied from a previous thread because fuck you, it was awesome.

This has a lot to do with the change in feel. Not only did it used to be more horsey, but it had more of a fairytale feel because it seemed set in the past - the technology shown most of the time was of 18th and 19th Century vintage, not 20th or 21st. Equestria was not just horse world, but it was horse world from another time.

That shit has definitely been lost.
>>
>>28180958
You're the autistic one if you can't follow a simple conversation.
I originally pointed out that these threads usually have a lot of doompauling (which they do), and despite you being triggered at me using the word 'doompauling', I am using it properly.
You seem to think I was talking directly to you because you think you have valid reasons for being cautious about new writers even though I was specifically talking about the cynics this board is infested with. And no they are not all shitposters no matter how much you want them to be; some are actual cynics that feel the need to doompaul over literally nothing.
And even though I was quite clearly talking to those types, you still felt the need to throw your two cents in because you thought you were being lumped in for some reason.

You said you were cautious about new writers simply because you're scared of change and I listed plenty of points as to why those fears are unfounded, all points you have yet to refute with a valid counter-argument btw. Instead you try damage controlling by saying "this single particular thread doesn't have much of that", completely ignoring my points.
Then you have the nerve to say I should get the fuck out because I was calling out people on their bullshit. "Lol, it's only shitposting dude. Can't you handle the bantz?"
Yes, you did shift the goalposts. My whole point, which is "people shouldn't be so cynical about new writers just because they are new and here's why" is completely valid and the fact that you're so butthurt (sorry for using another buzzword, but it's the best way to describe your particular brand of faggotry) either makes you a Dashfag-in-disguise that's mad about my earlier comments about the group or much more likely you are one of those cynical doompaulers that's mad they don't have a hugbox where they get to talk shit without anyone calling them out on their own stupidity.

I'll read your response but I'm done responding to you. I got porn to fap to.
>>
File: maxresdefault(2).jpg (118KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault(2).jpg
118KB, 1920x1080px
>>28181098
To be fair Mario still has a fairytale setting despite even when embarking on a space journey.

Like yeah MLP probably had its own charm and feel, but if it tries to copy Mario's approach it can still keep its fairytale setting while keeping the modern tech and design.
>>
File: actuarry.png (420KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
actuarry.png
420KB, 720x480px
>>28181144
There's also a couple of other shows that still has kept its charm throughout its life while still having magical action set pieces and decent lore.
>>
>>28181144
Tell that to Jim Miller, who fucking swears the staff is avoiding high technology and human poses while tries to get faust's approval for all the shit he keeps churning into the series.

Ironically, the one series he has directed before FiM was Ed, Edd n' Eddy, which was a series where any hints of modern technology or modern references were forbidden to keep the series into a indefinite time period- it could've been the 60's or 90's, what have you, and it worked.

To see Jim Miller forget everything and fill FiM's world with telephones, mp4 players, motorized cars, modern cities, etc is fucking jarring.
>>
>>28181144
A lot of it has to do with design, Zelda has robots, bombchus, GBAs, and possibly even aliens, but they are all designed to fit the world they are in.

In MLPs case they are SOOOOOOOO not.
>>
>>28181113
>and despite you being triggered at me using the word 'doompauling', I am using it properly.
Except you even admit this thread is a lot more tame than others.
>It's actually the most "new writers could be okay" I've ever seen.
Cynicism will always be around here, but don't pretend it's the only thing in these threads.

And on doompauling, you were addressing me. As it stands, I was then trying to defend myself as to why I, and others, were not, by pointing out this thread.

>The point is there's no sense in doompauling about new writers before you
>before you

>completely ignoring my points.
Funny you bring that up when you very clearly are doing the exact same thing, continuing to steer the conversation elsewhere yourself, while deluding yourself into thinking I'm doing it by throwing out buzzwords. Notice how you say "trigger" above. I've brought up thing against your own, and asked you to refute some things, which you have continuously ignored to then accuse me of ignoring you. Notice a pattern?

>which is "people shouldn't be so cynical about new writers just because they are new and here's why"
And I refuted it, up above. You responded to it by offering why, along with writers and their own faults. You then responded with different writers. I asked you to clarify what you define as "new writer" and you did no such thing. You listed it off, but never backed up things, only continued to add in buzzwords, things like only people didn't like Newbie Dash because cringe, or only Neets didn't like Flutter Brutter. You did not contribute to defining what you believe to be "new writer".

And now you continue to categorize me and form your strawman, assuming me to be a) Dashfag in disguise, or b) damage controlling doompauler, again while not contributing to anything but a circle jerk.

I'd go on, but the comment's too long and I stopped caring. If you really prefer fapping do whatever. Just don't derail other conversations in another thread with delusions.
>>
>>28181190
Jim Miller also said he finds merit in the idea of having space aliens coming to Equestria.

After Equestria Girls, I think it is silly to act like the series is still a pure fairytale fantasy, I would rather they stop pretending and just embrace being a sci-fi fairytale land.
>>
>>28181190
Was Jum responsible for DJ's design? Also

>Mortorized cars

What?
>>
>>28181213
One thing I dislike about this plausible idea is that they have a backlog of a hundred mythological creatures and there's a chance they'll just resort to plain old green ayylmaos, WanderYonder civillians or something like the Crystal Gems
>>
File: mario-kart-8-babypark.jpg (69KB, 785x510px) Image search: [Google]
mario-kart-8-babypark.jpg
69KB, 785x510px
I just want to say that having modern technology doesn't kill the series, it kills it if they aren't using it in any creative manner.

The fact that Mario driving go-karts through fantasy lands is appealing to nearly everyone shows that it can work with the right direction. It is a shame that they got away from the original concept of Equestria, but they can still make something great if they try.
>>
File: cars not carts.jpg (80KB, 604x336px) Image search: [Google]
cars not carts.jpg
80KB, 604x336px
>>28181217
> Motor sounds
> Cars moving on their own on a flat SURFACE
> Cars picking up speed on their own
> AJ's car is the only one that's slow like fat people sex, impossible for a cart going down a slope.
> The race track is claimed to go down a slope, but we clearly saw it was a clover shaped track- impossible to have a slope going down BOTH ways
> The race track passed through Ponyville, so there's no way the town is now on a 45% slope.
>>
>>28179745
Short for
"hahaha no nigga you serious? i write some shit then go home to my wife i don't think about this shit"
>>
File: 1470580499837.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1470580499837.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>28181273
I'm sure that one just banked on cartoon quirk rather than actual motorized vehicles. Just look at Derpy's two carts. They're made of wood, same with Applejack. They're pedal-powered, or gravity powered.

Even Cherry and Pinkie's helicopters are just pedal-powered.
>>
>>28181346
Rainbow Dash's car even went faster and faster.

Look, if you are going to damage control Miller's fuckup just say so and we both can avoid wasting each other's time.
>>
>>28181375
Not damage-controlling anything considering that aevery time someone makes an argument over the carts it dissolves into "FUCKING SHILL, DAMAGE CONTROL" instead of maybe putting into insight that if they had fucking motor vehicles you would think they would've used it in Mannhattan's taxi introduction in the first Manehattan episode.

Also, fucking trains evolved.
>>
File: clover track.jpg (198KB, 1281x718px) Image search: [Google]
clover track.jpg
198KB, 1281x718px
>>28181394
Explain how THIS can be a "downslope" all the way from the start to the finish line, then.
>>
File: 1448071827666.gif (188KB, 550x400px) Image search: [Google]
1448071827666.gif
188KB, 550x400px
>>28181406
Well you got me there.

I'm still banking on pedal-powered. The episode wasn't really thought out as well as the others.
>>
>>28181421
The ponies were clearly just sitting, no pedal action was shown.
Look, they didn't even tried to hide the fact they were cars, so yeah- they fucked up big time here.

This could have been an great episode if the series had a different director- Miller seems to just nod and roll with whatever idea the writers give to him for his approval.

Just imagine a race that used chariots instead of cars. One pony pulls from it, the other pony maneouvers it, etc.
>>
File: 1470581276308.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1470581276308.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>28181477
That would've been unfair considering that a strength of a child would be needed, and if it were a downward slope it would've been dangerous.

Also again, the other wooden carts don't have even pedals or a place to put an engine. I think the map being seemingly flat instead of inclined is just a bad oversight, or simply one of those times where they lazed out by doing cute ponies doing cute things, the demographic won't question how it works.
>>
File: tfisf.png (660KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tfisf.png
660KB, 1280x720px
>>28181477
>>
>>28181502
Dude, even when I was a kid I could tell when a cartoon was just trying to feed me bullshit.

Kids aren't retards.
>>
>>28181514
Not every kid is you, and some aren't extremely focused on the lore as much as we are. They don't know how cars or even motor karts work. All the know is that they're made by plastic and wood, and some of them look like cars and F1, which the latter would be the only thing they'll realize.
>>
>>28181528
that's nice jim

now fuck off back to twitter for another round of blowjobs from your fans
>>
File: 1426905239274.jpg (8KB, 226x166px) Image search: [Google]
1426905239274.jpg
8KB, 226x166px
>>28181537
And now we're back to this argument. Like /v/ in December.
>>
What is the problem if they just have motorized cars?
>>
They had cars in 1910. That is, unless a joke or something calls for it, technically the tech level in the Miller era. He says it is Edwardian tech.
>>
>>28181590
It affects how evolved land transportation has, which would be better if it were a visual evolution instead of being used for whatver the episode demands without explanation.

It's the same with the trains, back when it was being pulled by stallion workers.
>>
File: car.jpg (3KB, 124x157px) Image search: [Google]
car.jpg
3KB, 124x157px
>>28181592
This isn't a 1910 era car.

Neither were rainbow Dash or Applebloom's (new) car.

It's so difficult to accept this was a huge screw up?
>>
>>28181613
It probably was. Could have sworn they had some styling of that then. Probably wrong.
>>
File: car not cart.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
car not cart.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>28181615

> Totally a 1910 era soapbox cart going down a slope, guys!
>>
>>28181677
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DM-UnV9TEzY
>>
File: sunbeam_nautilus_1.jpg.cf.jpg (61KB, 533x399px) Image search: [Google]
sunbeam_nautilus_1.jpg.cf.jpg
61KB, 533x399px
>>28181677
Yeah, Is as wrong. That's a bit modern. Though designs could get rather sleek back then.
>>
>>28179171
Spiderman: Deadpool edition
>>
>>28179286
>I don't really get this disdain for writers just because there new.
having more than a couple writers on a show is already bad, new writers as a revolving door just makes it worse
>>
>>28179286
It's the fact that the new writers don't bother to watch every episode of the show and don't give a fuck if they repeat an already existing episode. You'd think that would be an easy thing to do or fuck, at least read the premises.
>>
>>28181789
ironically, Deadpool was better there than Spider-Man himself
>>
>>28180032

joined season 2 and i still haven't lost interest.
>>
>>28181249
You know FiM and Mario is not the same right?
It's like saying live action FiM will work because Marvel series are working.
>>
>>28180032
Started watching in the hiatus between s1-s2. Loved the show for the same reasons as everyone else: comfy setting, good characters, well rounded, polished worldbuilding, and just the sense that some genuine love had gone into the making of it.

Still love the show, but for different reasons. S3 definitely felt like a turning point, moving away from intergroup conflict and towards adventure and action. Not saying this was a bad choice, but it did alienate a fair few peeps. Even though we do get dud episodes from time to time (can't think of a show where this hasn't been the case, except maybe House), it's still pretty consistent with the quality. Even S3 had some legit gems.

TL:DR I'm here forever, and you should be too.
>>
>>28182005
They have similar worlds, similar tones, and target similar audiences. MLP can benefit from taking some cues from Mario.
>>
>>28181249
Please stop comparing Hasbro to Nintendo or any company that values creativity.
>>
>>28182058
>nintendo
>creativity

did you play the new starfox?
>>
>>28180032
I started watching right after EqG. I already knew about Twilicorn, so it didn't really bothered me.

My favorite season was probably S5, but I can't get myself into liking S6, I feel like it's a completely different show. Josh or Jim or both are doing a terrible work. My turning point was Newbie Dash, after more than 120 episodes it was the first one I legitimately hated and made me lose most of my hopes in the show.

>inb4 "another butthurt dashfag who wants her waifu to be perfect"
fwiw, I liked Trade Ya! and Tanks for the Memories.
>>
>>28182078
Yeah, I hated the creative controls they forced on me.
>>
>>28180074
>Thinking Castle Sweet Castle was a good episode
>Thinking Maud Pie was a good addition to MLP
>mentioning, but choosing not to include Newbie Dash and Rainbow Falls

Other than that, good post.
>>
File: 1396053500154.jpg (144KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1396053500154.jpg
144KB, 500x375px
>>28182136
>He thinks CSC and Maud were bad
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DJbjw5LaLA

this song is so good
>>
>>28182136
I know I'm an minority but I kind of prefer Castle Sweet Castle more than Saddle Row Review.
>>
File: the+man+with+no+taste.jpg (68KB, 800x449px) Image search: [Google]
the+man+with+no+taste.jpg
68KB, 800x449px
>>28182136
>Castle Sweet Castle
>bad

>Newbie Dash
>good
>>
>>28180268
>travel to an alien world to work with several different races that dealt with the threat ages ago
MLP movie subtitle confirmed as The Rise of Aryanne. The Mane 6+ spike travel to earth a la Homer Simpson in Treehouse of Horror VI. Ask the UN how to defeat the Nazis.
>>
>>28180032
season 5 opener
ironic,because I thought the show was going in an edgy direction with the communism parody
turns out most of season 5 eps were slice of life as. always

also,
>I hope they ban you for this
>>
>>28180032

Tail end of season 1. Interest in the show slowed to a crawl during the season 3 hiatus. Took it a lot slower than watching weekly for season 4 but some episodes caught my eye (specifically Pinkie Apple Pie, being one of the better episodes in the entire series) and I kept rather current. Took a break from this place for the hiatus between 4 and 5 and 5 and 6. 4 was a big change and made my love for the show wane as the focus turned out word from the main 6. Season 5 had the first episode I have ever skipped (and still haven't watched), the troubleshoes episode. There hasn't been a single time I've seen a new episode synopsis and thought "This sounds terrible and the ads look bad for it, I'm going to skip it". Applejacks Day Off and the newest 2 episodes (which seem really uninspired) are 3 I will probably end up not seeing unless I happen to be somewhere with cable for a little bit and it's on. I just am slowly finding reasons to see the show for what it's become. Where season 1 and 2 and 3 to a lesser extent really had a lot of episodes that had me hooked/laughing/smiling and had me emerged in the world and settings, it's kind of lost its point as they go crazy and move away from Ponyville as the main setting. The small town feel it had with the connection between the main characters and eachother and other townsfolk felt special. with the branch out word, it kind of loses touch with that comfy community setting. Now we have the ponies flying all over the place for single stop episodes that end up having no bearing on the home base that was Ponyville.
>>
If you want a measure of one of the writers, Chris Wyatt appears on an episode of Tabletop. Search "once upon a time"
>>
>>28180032

Been around since October 2010, I feel people vastly overexaggerate the quality differences between seasons, every season has had it's share of duds, it's share of extremely good stuff and it's share of good but not fantastic stuff for me.
>>
>>28179440
He also said that he pretty much "just wing it" which is obvious seeing how he edit the last Rainbow Dash episode.
>>
>>28179820
The editor is shit though and he can't see where their writing of newfags is going to shit.
>>
>>28179903
I hope he will quit after S6
>>
>>28179903
This guy is an idiot. I really miss Thiessen. I hope the movie is worth losing him from the show.
>>
>>28180167
I like her shipping fluttercord and pushing it into the toys with Vogel
>>
>>28180032
No one is going to watch all the previous seasons if they start now. Too many episodes.
>>
>>28182346
Is Thiessen coming back to the show after the movie?

Also I want to know if anyone is hyped for the might happening season 7.
>>
>>28181593
I can tolerate the steam engine what they used on the train, but if it's ICE on a car, this is the end of XIX and the begining of XX century shit, it ruins the fantasy world, not even steampunk gets this low.
>>
>>28182393
Too many to marathon? If a new fan was really that interested I doubt they wouldn't start from the very beginning to catch up
>>
>>28182393
I just got a friend watching and she went from zero-knowledge starting at S1E1 to fully up to date and ordering plushies and making OCs in about two months
>>
>>28182160
Castle Sweet Castle was nothing but pure damage control for Golden Oaks Library's destruction and the forced inclussion of Twilight's souless castle.
>>
>>28182927
DELETE THIS
>>
>>28182981
Hello Jim.
>>
>>28180032
Epic
>>
I just want Renzetti to come back.
>>
>>28182408
You know Zelda has robots in it right?
>>
>>28179094
Delet
>>
>>28180032
Season 1, spring of 2011

Interest never truly went away, I've seen every episode except the high school musical spin-offs though I don't hold it against others if they like them
>>
>>28183646
You should watch EQG then. They are as much about high school, as the main show is about breeding horses.
>>
Consider me hyped.
>>
File: 1471215385578.png (72KB, 500x450px) Image search: [Google]
1471215385578.png
72KB, 500x450px
Most of the new writers this season have been dogshit desu. So I'm not that excited for an all newbie written episode in the worst setting in the entire show. Everyone else has been undeniably shit or mediocre. We definitely haven't gotten any diamonds in the rough like Nick yet.

Dave Rapp may be the only one who can be considered okay, but I think Newbie Dash was pretty shitty. Flutter Brutter was a lot better, but then again Meghan wrote the story for that one. Who knows how bad it could've been if Meghan didn't help out.
>>
>>28184672
Michael Vogel was pretty good, but he really wasn't new as he had been involved as a producer.
>>
>>28179171
Basically it took the general premise of Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends and stuffed it full of humor that mostly consisted of Family Guy-style cutaway gags and Doug Funny-style imagine spots.
>>
>>28179218
>I loved Napoleon Dynamite
no you don't
>>
>>28180032
>What season did you start
Got on the train all the way back at the end of S1.

>Where did your interest start to fade?
I started seeing what I felt to be warning signs all the way back in S3 - the one I remember the most clearly is Wonderbolts Academy, where the 'bolts went from these genuinely cool but down-to-earth hero figures to generic bad authority figures. It was the first time I could really feel the world's logic twisting for the sake of an individual episode's storyline.

S4 was rough as well, but also had some strong moments. But, then S5 landed and I could really feel myself beginning that awful, unwanted slide into 'fan of the fandom' territory as I felt the setting and secondary characters were being casually ignored or twisted to fit every episode's writing needs.

I feel like a lot of it is the /effort/ factor involved: Lately it seems like there's very little effort put into making the world fit together, let alone keep its exotic, different feel. Simple things that wouldn't require much tweaking to work better are instead rendered down to the easiest possible writing option. Probably just a personal subjective bias there, but when I see things like Applejack's farm having a modern sprinkler system when we clearly established in very early episodes that Pegasi can bring rain whenever they want... eh. It feels like, they just don't care anymore.
>>
>>28185244
I guess, I don't know why that stuff doesn't bother me.
>>
>>28186012
Because you are a hasdrone.
>>
>>28186077
I don't want the show to die.
>>
>>28186081
The show is already dead.
>>
>>28186332
Nope
>>
>>28186334
The original charm is gone
The original mythic airs are gone
The original character's crarm dissapeared
The original lore is gone

Now Equestria looks like a cheap, lazy version of modern earth, the characters behave like annoying, bitter assholes, all mythic aspects were axed out on favor of a more mundane, easier to write world and lore is whatever the current writers feel like doing.

The original show is dead and what we have now is a generic impostor hyped up as the real one.
>>
>>28186392
I mean like it is still salvageable, only two episodes really had the characters acting like assholes.

Besides I think something good can still be salvaged from this, also I am not a nostalgia fag as I found Season 4 to be nearly as good as Season 2.
>>
>>28186392
Oh fuck me, abloo-bloo some more you sodding wench
Preserve what little integrity you have and go harass some other show/fandom already if you've lost interest
Not even that guy
>>
>>28186520
> Hasdroning this hard
> Then talking about integrity

Get a job, son. You have way too much free time.
>>
>>28186662
I want more interesting toy designs from Hasbro to lead to more interesting scenarios in the story.
>>
>>28186686
You know Hasbro only makes retarded-looking toys.
>>
>>28186725
I like Guardians of Harmony, Rainbow Power, and the Crystal Empire.
>>
>>28186733
Rainbow Power was a gant waste of potential.
Crystal Empire was a big pile of nothing.

Guardians of Harmony could lead to something good if Hasbro isn't up to it's usual retarded antics.
>>
>>28186768
If Hasbro came up with more interesting toys we probably will get more interesting stories.
>>
>>28186780
That's a huge "if" you are stating there.
>>
>>28186802
I think more interesting toys will help, I blame a lot of the dullness is Hasbro being really uncreative when it comes with toys.
>>
>>28186838
They already had 6 years to prove they are capable of producing non retarded toys.

If they couldn't do that by now that means they never will.
>>
>>28187000
Crystal Empire.
>>
>>28186012
Yeah, I know continuity/lore fags aren't the most populous bunch.

A large part of it was that while the characters were, of course, damn good and the writing high quality, what I originally fell in love with most of all was the setting. FiM originally avoided some things that just really bug me when I run into them - the 'incompetent/useless/malicious authority figure' trope, the 'designated main character is always right, even when there's no reason for them to be' issue, etc...

That was what I really latched on to. It wasn't just that it was an interesting fantasy setting, but that it was an interesting fantasy setting that put emphasis on telling believable stories with believable characters.

These days, I don't feel like I see much of that.
>>
>>28187069
They already had 4 years to develop that piece of shit and all what they have done is showing the same geric structures and contrived plots to avoid facing the deal of why such a place was built on such an unhospitalable, fucking DEADLY place in the first place.

But by all means, keep saying that eveything will be fine if they introduce bigger, more expensive toys we are totally obligated to buy.
>>
>>28187077
I do like the lore and I would like to see more explored with that, but I want to stress that while I pretty much heavily agree with you I am not one of those people that thinks fondly of Season 1 (despite Return of Harmony being the first new episode I saw).

Season 1 is really good at setting the stage for the world and characters that would be developed over time. I don't think it is all executed that well, I feel we got to learn a lot about the world, but we were subjected to many overused cartoon storylines, time spent explaining and fleshing out the world while we would have to wait a season to really further understand these characters that we were spending so much time with. It also had, at times, a calmer and more serious tone that was lost in favor of being overall lighter and wackier. Admittedly this lead to some of the gags not always fitting in the world they were in (mostly with the modern tech).

I think S1 struggled to really to make the discovery of and concept of the fantasy elements of its world as interesting as its characters, alongside slice of life being the main focus of the show. Rather than improve upon how these more adventure stories were being told, the series pretty much pushed its focus even more towards slice of life. The problem of human/modern tech gags seeking out of place with the world was rectified by the world changing to fit those gags, and during season 2 I felt that was pretty okay! Overall the tone was lighter and Equestria felt like a more friendly place.

(1/2)
>>
>>28187428
But let's skip ahead to something that has been brought up in a lot of discussions on why the show is failing and how to fix it (probably by the same person) and that is the comparisons to Mario and the constant suggestions that it should follow it. This isn't something that should necessarily be ruled out on the basis that it primarily exists in a different medium, as it can provide some insight as to what MLP has been doing wrong that Mario has been doing right.

The Mushroom Kingdom and Equestria both are bright, colorful fairytale lands. They are both protected time and time again by basically normal citizens who have day jobs. Both regularly have to make friends or utilize powerups in order to save the day. Both are loose in their rules about well everything, but especially technology.

Looking at Mario and MLP they do target similar audiences, have similar tones, similar themes, and heck they both try to shoehorn in gimmicks to try to sell toys, but the huge difference is that Mario has barely defined characters for its staple cast, but it has a very fleshed out, imaginative world that allows magic turtles to coexist with robots. The very idea that concepts like ? Blocks, floating platforms, simplistic geometry, and eyes on the hills all fit a sort of perception you get when you think of Mario's world shows that it has great world design. Mario has what MLP doesn't, and MLP has what Mario doesn't.

What is important about Mario in this equation is that it allows the series to bring back some of what people loved about Season 1 and wished to see more of, more worldbuilding, more imagination. This can happen while still keeping true to the sillier tone change, increase of modern technology/real world references, and Hasbro's demands for more toy ideas.
(2/2)
>>
File: gerbegral.png (353KB, 625x461px) Image search: [Google]
gerbegral.png
353KB, 625x461px
>>28181406
M. C. Escher, you dumb motherfucker.
>>
>>28187459
Mario was also made by extremely talented people.
>>
>>28187640
And was a video game, which became popular for the quality of the game itself and not some fucking setting.
>>
>>28187879
And stayed popular because it has such a great setting.
>>
>>28187879
Have you ever fucking played ANY of the RPG games?
>>
>>28179042
>>
>>28180032
mid-s3 hiatus. I'm not unhappy with the show necessarily, but this season has been falling flat for me.
>>
File: Come on!.png (138KB, 858x930px) Image search: [Google]
Come on!.png
138KB, 858x930px
Why is it that 90% of the time it's ESL foreignfags who are constantly stirring up shit toward anything to do with the franchise? You can tell it's them because they *always* drop the 's' in transitive verbs.
Seriously, foreignfags are the biggest shitters.
>>
>>28186686
Hasbro can mame some incredibly interesting toy designs, but the retarded writers don't know how to handle anything.

People need to stop using Hasbro as the scapegoat, or use the term "Hasdrone". It's the writers and show staff responsible.
>>
>>28190578
t. hasdrone
>>
>>28191990
>>
File: sadlight.png (724KB, 730x781px) Image search: [Google]
sadlight.png
724KB, 730x781px
>>28180032
I joined summer of 2013. The characters and how well they interacted with each other got me hooked in the show but I'm losing interest in this season though. That last episode's writer shafted not one but everypones character for his stupid story and Haber just OK'd it. If this season continues as it is I'm going to like less then half the episodes, making it even worse then season 3. And season 3 is so bad mainly because it was so short but this season is just filled with mediocre episodes.
>>
>>28180032
I joined between S1 and S2.
>>
>>28189078
> FiM is only for us amurricans and nobody else!

Stupids americans always thinkings theys ares thes centers ofs thes universes.
>>
>>28190578
>People need to stop using Hasbro as the scapegoat, or use the term "Hasdrone". It's the writers and show staff responsible

The writers will keep writing retarded stories as long there's people, aka Hasdrones ready to praise and cheer their episodes no matter how crappy they are.
>>
>>28193161
Shitposters of that type are pretty much always foreign. Native speakers can tell because their writing is poor and misses key things very few native speakers would leave out.

Don't try to shitpost and start shit if you can barely write the language.
>>
>>28193195
Racism used to defend a series about love, friendship and mutual understanding.

I would say I'm shocked, but seeing the kind of assholes I've seen "defending" the show like that, I can't even say I'm surprised anymore.
>>
>>28193210
If you want to upset people, learn the language or you just are going to make yourself look even more stupid.
>>
>>28193234
I can't make myself look more stupid than a deranged racist asshole who believes that hatred and insults are the key to defend a cartoon that preaches positive values.

But by all means, keep saying that foreign people isn't allowed to have an opinion because they are stupid? Ignorant?

I want your answer so I could screencap it and keep it around whenever the Hasdrones try using it again.

Hell, I might even want to show it to the show staff to remind them that people like you are the ones currently "enjoying" the new direction they gave to the series, I bet they will enjoy it so very much.
>>
>>28189078
>>28193161
Americans are a bunch of hobknockers.
>>
>>28193326
These chingado bags of weas are so fucking pelotudos, yes.
>>
File: 1471115075040.png (19KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1471115075040.png
19KB, 600x600px
>>28180032
I joined half-way through season 1.

I think the current state of the show is fine. I think it could be better, but it could also be a hell of a lot worse.
>>
>>28193461
>but it could also be a hell of a lot worse.

The current direction and writing teams will see that as a kind of challenge.
>>
File: Glim and glib.png (463KB, 812x638px) Image search: [Google]
Glim and glib.png
463KB, 812x638px
>>28193161
Yeah ok Skwisgaar
>>
Bemps
>>
Bump desu
>>
File: challenge accepted.jpg (93KB, 612x952px) Image search: [Google]
challenge accepted.jpg
93KB, 612x952px
>>28193461
>>28193654
>>
it's shit
>>
>>28179057
Which Transformers and which Marvel shows? This could be Godsend or damnation depending on your answers.
>>
It isn't hard to craft stories that would lead to good episodes
>>
>>28180032
After S3 ended, about.
>>
>>28180156
Flutterbrutter was good, but it had serious pacing issues and It actually would've been better if we had a better heart warming moment between Zephyr and Fluttershy. The message was good, but it would've gone over better if we had a brief moment where we could've better sympathized with Zephyr even if we are expected to look down on him for the majority of the episode.

But, I suppose the staff would never allow that sort of thing with a male characters with flaws since >feminism.
>>
we're doomed
Thread posts: 279
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.