[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is skipping episodes such a bad thing? I mean, seriously.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 10

File: unrelated.jpg (37KB, 540x350px) Image search: [Google]
unrelated.jpg
37KB, 540x350px
Why is skipping episodes such a bad thing?

I mean, seriously. One of the memes here when someone says he'll skip an episode is yelling "CANCER!!!!!", but I think it's better to skip an episode and keep on liking the show than try to watch every episode, start hating the show and become another fag of the fandumb.

If something defines this season is that the show now has outstanding episodes mixed with terrible ones. If you aren't going to enjoy the latter, and watching them might push you off the ride, why insist on watching them?
>>
>>28156978
>watching the shitshow at all
You disgust me
>>
because you won't be able to discuss the show properly, so you will only contribute to the increase in generals and shitposting
>>
>>28156993
Ok, if I skip an episode I won't be able to discuss it. If I watch it and I hate it, I might end up like this faggot >>28156990. I honestly think not being able to discuss one single episode is way better than spam ">watching the show" like a retard.
>>
>>28156978
MLP is not an anime that requires you to watch every episodes just to know what's going on. You can can still skip out on some episodes and still know what's going on within the story.
>>
>>28156993
>discuss the show
wew
>>
File: 1298391821.png (686KB, 1200x836px) Image search: [Google]
1298391821.png
686KB, 1200x836px
>>28156993
When was the last time you took stock of your meta posting.
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 452x544px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 452x544px
>>28156978
>The Dude
>ever being that well dressed

Shit reference
>>
>>28156978

Why is cheating on your wife such a bad thing?
>>
>>28156993
>>28157187
Sadly whenever someone tries to discuss the show he is flooded by memes and opinion wars
>>
>>28156978
>I mean, seriously. One of the memes here when someone says he'll skip an episode is yelling "CANCER!!!!!", but I think it's better to skip an episode and keep on liking the show than try to watch every episode, start hating the show and become another fag of the fandumb.

If you're a mature person you won't start hating a show just because you don't care for some episodes, that would mean you have mental issues...mental issues beyond the ones we all have by default for being obsessed with a kid's cartoon.

Skipping episodes is bad because it makes you a fan of the fandom, you skip an episode because you consider it bad yes? You can't have a true opinion unless you watch it, and if you think it's bad without having seen it you're the reason everybody hates fans of the fandom who shit on shit they don't even bother to watch just because "not muh"
>>
>>28156978
I only skip episode when I decide to rewatch a season.

What I skip:
S1: nothing
S2: Baby Cakes
S3: nothing
S4: nothing though I'd like to skip It Ain't Easy being breezies but unfortunately it's a key episode...
S5: Party Pooped, The One Where Pinkie Pie Knows
>>
File: DonnysUrn.png (402KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
DonnysUrn.png
402KB, 600x480px
>>28156978
>Three ponies went bowling
>Only two went to the marriage
RIPIP Donny ;_;
>>
File: 916988.png (156KB, 347x258px) Image search: [Google]
916988.png
156KB, 347x258px
>>28159140
>"Donny was a good bowler, and a good pony. He was one of us. He was a pony who loved the outdoors... and bowling, and as a surfer he explored the beaches of Southern Equestria, from La Jolla to Leo Carrillo and... up to... Pismo. He died, like so many young men of his generation, he died before his time. In your wisdom, Celestia, you took him, as you took so many bright flowering young ponies at Khe Sanh, at Langdok, at Hill 364. These young ponies gave their lives. And so would Donny. Donny, who loved bowling. And so, Theodore Donald Karatrotsos, in accordance with what we think your dying wishes might well have been, we commit your final mortal remains to the bosom of the Ocean, which you loved so well. Good night, sweet prince."
>>
>>28156978
>I know with absolute certainty I will find nothing of merit before watching something
I doubt that.
>>
Breezies was the single worst episode in the entire show.

It's the single episode I give a 0/10, so bad was it.

It never happened for me. I deleted it and I don't watch it and don't acknowledge its existence.
>>
File: baitpone loves your bait.png (69KB, 405x431px) Image search: [Google]
baitpone loves your bait.png
69KB, 405x431px
>ITT
>>
>>28159217
>t. Quibble Pants
>>
File: 1431663818960.jpg (263KB, 640x481px) Image search: [Google]
1431663818960.jpg
263KB, 640x481px
>watching the show

People still do this?
>>
>>28159122
Are you assuming that *everyone* who shit on an episode didn't watch it? I can give you my word, you're wrong.

>>28159206
So, did you like the new Ghostbusters movie?
>>
>>28159286
Cool meme, Reddit.
>>
>>28156978
The reasons you shouldn't skip is that you might like it even if everyone else says otherwise, and there might be lore that you are completely oblivious to, that leaves you in the dark if it's discussed.
>>
File: image.jpg (90KB, 394x406px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90KB, 394x406px
>>28157987
>not knowing the context of why The Dude is dressed nicely.
Anon, I understand if you skipped ep. 100 but there is a reason why he is dressed nicely. Besides this isn't the first time he was referenced in the show.
Of course, had you watched any of the episodes you'd know this.
>>
>>28159324
Actually, it was a solid 7/10, not as good as the original but had funny moments and more characterization than the first movie. We all agree sony's idea of creating a controversy for advertising was shit, but the movie was okay on its own.

There were lots of things I knew I wouldn't like and didn't, but there are decent amounts of media that I thought for sure would be shit but wasn't, like the show this board is dedicated to.
>>
>>28159286
Only newfags and shitposters still do it
>>
>>28159383
>you might like it
Well, that's a good point. If you don't watch it, you'll never know if it's good for you. But the show has 100+ episodes, even if you skip an episode that you might like, you already watched a ton of episodes you like, and a few episodes you love. Missing a good episode isn't much of a loss if you really, really think that watching it could make you hate the show.

>>28159700
I had to try, it was the most obvious meme, everyone says they hate that movie and apparently no one has watched it. But (backpedaling!) it's something quite different. I don't have any kind of "emotional" connection with the original Ghostbusters. If this movie had been shit, I wouldn't have given a fuck. But a bad episode really bothers me.

-

Anyway, I've realized that I kinda fucked up the OP, I posted almost the same thing elsewhere and when I posted it here I missed a line. To make it clear, this isn't about skipping every episode except for the "perfect" ones, this is about skipping just a few episodes, not every episode you think you won't like, but the episodes you think you'll *hate*. I admit it, you can't know that you'll hate it. Probably many people here never watched an episode they hate. Probably most people here aren't autistic enough to *hate* an episode. But when you do, when you watch an episode you hate, you don't want to watch another one ever again.

The last episode was a perfect example. Some people knew they were going to hate it. They watched it anyway. And they hated it. Of course not everyone hated it, but it's fucking obvious that some people hated it. I watched like one minute and I decided to skip it. I don't regret it, and some of the people who are pissed off today would be happier if they've skipped it too. So, WHY can't they skip it?

(I don't expect anyone to read this desu senpai, but it's cool to blogpost here pretending this is show discussion)
>>
>>28156978
>>
>>28161754
Thank you for the bump, I was going to let it die.

Whatever, a recap for my shitty blogpost, FWIW.

To whom it may concern.
If you think you're going to hate an episode, not just dislike it but literally hate it, DON'T WATCH IT. You don't have to watch literally every episode because it's some kind of "duty", or because some Anon told you you have to. You're probably watching this show because it makes you happy or whatever. If you know an episode will have the opposite effect, just SKIP IT.
It's kinda heartbreaking reading people completely devastated after a bad episode, and while trolls who thrive on butthurt are happier, there's no fucking sense in torturing yourself. So, please, just follow my advice. You won't be happy, but at least you'll be happier than now.
>>
>>28156978
>>
>>28162035
>shut your eyes to things you dont like to agree with
hi tumblr.
>>
File: Hotline Janitor 2.jpg (204KB, 436x472px) Image search: [Google]
Hotline Janitor 2.jpg
204KB, 436x472px
>Watched Dog and pony show and the one with Iron will when they came out
>Didn't even bother watching the very first episode
>Caught glimpses of it and Magic duel in Krobro's YTP
>Implying i can't figure out a fucking children's cartoon.
>Can't remember anything in season 2
>Watched the wedding episode because insect-ponies look interesting
>Watched Maud Pie and the Weird Al episode. was that season 3 or 4? who gives a fuck.
>Feel compelled to watch any episode with Trixie because Trixiefag
>Watched "Fluttershy's NEET brother" because it seemed people were getting angry about it
>mfw

Just call me the skipper because i ain't seen shit captain
>>
>>28159124
Literal shit eater right here
>>
There is nothing wrong with skipping an episode. There is something wrong with announcing that you're skipping an episode like someone is supposed to give a shit if you watch or not
>>
>>28156978
Anyone who would consider themselves a "fan" of something should at least catch the main media for it once. Skipping the shit you didn't like on rewatches or whatever is generally to be expected and perfectly understandable. But skipping episodes because you didn't like the synopsis, or because you didn't like the preview, or because you didn't like the opening minute or two would make you a casual faggot. Better to watch the thing you think you'll hate that's a part of the bigger whole and be able to critically outline what you didn't like about it and explain how it could be better.
>>
>>28156978
That reminds me, I still haven't seen Rarity Investigates or Made in Manehatten. Are they worth watching?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.