[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The more I think about how they "reformed" Starlight,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: 865497.png (622KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
865497.png
622KB, 1000x1000px
The more I think about how they "reformed" Starlight, the more it makes me sick to my stomach. She took away everything that made Starlight happy -- her home, her livelihood, her hopes and dreams -- then went back to Equestria presenting herself as the hero. When Starlight (rightly) resented this and sought to pay like with like, Twilight immediately went to torturing her emotionally and physically throughout several timelines until she brought up her childhood with seemingly no provocation, which almost certainly would mean she had a mental breakdown. Then Twilight forced her worldview upon her in her vulnerable mental state under threat of further torture.

What Twilight did to her was eerily similar to what O'Brien did to Winston in '1984'. Twilight broke her down, then built her back up to believe that two plus two equals five, and to forever love Big Brother. And Twilight is, again, presented as the hero. Imagine if you were "reformed" in this manner simply for having an unpopular worldview, and whomever subjected you to it was hailed as a doer of good. It is an unsettling thought.
>>
>>28113363
It must be terrible to be one of the few people who give a shit about Glimmer
>>
>watching the show after S2

How can your life be this miserable?
>>
>>28113363
spam is still spam you btarded failure.
>>
File: 1468563314944.gif (653KB, 412x412px) Image search: [Google]
1468563314944.gif
653KB, 412x412px
>>28113363
The Starlight that we currently have feels like a broken shell of her former self. I still enjoy the character, but it's a bit depressing from time to time.
>>
>>28113363
>The more I think about how they "reformed" Starlight, the more it makes me sick to my stomach. She took away everything that made Starlight happy -- her home, her livelihood, her hopes and dreams -- then went back to Equestria presenting herself as the hero.
Yeah yeah we heard this all from the Trixiefags already
Let's not forget that Starlight's happiness was dependent on lying to others and their unhappiness
>>
>>28113363
If Starlight didn't make you sick to your stomach in the first place, there's your problem.
>>
File: filename.jpg (78KB, 643x820px) Image search: [Google]
filename.jpg
78KB, 643x820px
>>28113363
>>
>>28113363
Stop making fucking threads. There's like 6 every fucking day.
>>
>>28113662
*these fucking threads
>>
>>28113564
I'd take minor and pragmatic dishonesty over an Orwellian nightmare any day of the week.
>>
lol the show is garbage now

shit for babies like G3

G3 with membait
>>
File: twili what2.jpg (16KB, 245x236px) Image search: [Google]
twili what2.jpg
16KB, 245x236px
Oh jesus i'v never thought about it that way
>>
RED SUN
>>
File: 1423876691385.png (90KB, 211x210px) Image search: [Google]
1423876691385.png
90KB, 211x210px
>Imagine if you were "reformed" in this manner simply for having an unpopular worldview

yeah, that's what happened
>>
>>28113363
>she took away everything that made Starlight happy
She wasn't happy to begin with. After Starburst abandoned her, she became miserable. She only took everyone's special talent because that's caused her childhood friend away; she forced her own misery onto everyone else around her.
Nu-Glim is the Starlight Glimmer before Starburst left, the happy Glimmer. Twilight was more of a therapist to Glimmer than a brainwasher; she identified to the source of Glimmer's issue and helped Glimmer understand why she was the way she was and how to rectify her situation. Of course re-experiencing a traumatic childhood moment would cause a mental breakdown, but Twilight ultimately helped Glimmer move past the issue and fix herself in the present to look forward to the future.
tl;dr nu-Glim > old-Glim
>>
>>28113744
go home, DWK

You're drunk
>>
>>28113363

Yeah right and Stalin dindu nuffin either.
>>
>>28113744
Doubleplusgood duckspeak, comrade.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.