[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what exactly is the difference between the YayPonies episode

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: Download differences.png (11KB, 712x193px) Image search: [Google]
Download differences.png
11KB, 712x193px
So what exactly is the difference between the YayPonies episode downloads? Some are fairly self-explanatory but what is the difference between the US and AU iTunes rip, and how do the color corrected versions differ from the raw version?

Also where does /mlp/ get their HD pone if they don't get it from YayPonies?
>>
>>28107520
I hate to admit it, but for convenience I use leddit's SYNC folder.
>>
>>28107520
US is censored while AU isn't, colour corrected makes things saturated as fuck.
>>
>>28107520
I used to use a Google drive page sort of thing until it got taken down, I then switched to the "colour corrected" version for YayPonies which is bright as fuck. I'm tempted redownload all the iTunes raw versions, I suspect they'd look a bit better than the corrected version.
>>
>>28107520
Color correct are ultra saturated and look terrible.
>>
File: USvsAU.jpg (821KB, 1920x2160px) Image search: [Google]
USvsAU.jpg
821KB, 1920x2160px
>>28107520
S1 and S2 (mostly S1, it's not as evident in S2, and AU isn't available for later seasons) looked washed out in the US version, and some episodes were incorrectly rendered (look at the frame in pic related, it's cropped in the US version while it's complete in the AU version).

CC is an oversaturated edit. I think it's too bright, it doesn't look right on my screen.

Finally, LQ (and LQ-CC) are 720p-only versions, with maximum compression settings for like, if you don't want to waste too much space in your HDD or something.
>>
>>28107541
>>28107659
I take it the censoring/issues aren't present in the later US rips.
Also is the general consensus download the raw ignore the corrected?
>>
>>28107740
>Download raws, ignore corrected
Yes. The CC ones are hideous.
>>
What does AU stand for? Australia?
>>
>>28107764
Yup
Adding to .>>28107755 the CC versions look to be larger in size, CC version of S1E1 is about 900mb the raw 675mb.
>>
>>28107541
Censored? What the hell is there to be censored?
>>
>>28107818
Can't call people losers or other mean words, at least here in Canuckistan. I can't remember what exactly is censored in America.
>>
File: comparison.jpg (312KB, 1914x1076px) Image search: [Google]
comparison.jpg
312KB, 1914x1076px
I made a comparison once, but I didn't mark which screen is which version, so, yeah.
>me
>>
>>28107845
If I had to guess TL is compressed/LQ/TV rip, TL is iTunes raw and BL is colour corrected.
>>
>>28107855
>>28107845
Yeah bottom is pretty clearly color corrected
>>
>>28107833
so like... do they actually bleep out the words there or just delete them and replace with an awkward silence?
>>
>>28107833
The US version isn't censored. Well, except for Derpy scene, but if I'm not mistaken the YP guys "fixed" it recreating Derpy's eyes in Flash and using the audio from the TV rip for that scene.

>>28107845
I'd say, TL is US raw, TR is AU raw, and BL is CC. TL is definitely US raw, if you pay attention you'll see it's slightly cropped compared to the other versions.
>>
>>28107925
Correct. Top left is US, bottom left is color corrected, and top right is AU.
AU looks the best imho, shame there are only two seasons of it.
>>
>>28107833

http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/My_Little_Pony_Friendship_is_Magic/International_edits
>>
File: why am i doing this.jpg (369KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
why am i doing this.jpg
369KB, 1920x1080px
>>28107938
>shame there are only two seasons of it
Starting with S3, US and AU are supposed to be identical. I think the new color is somewhere between the old US and AU.
>>
>>28108048
That would be quite perfect. Thanks for the info
>>
So all in all it looks like if we want the best experience overall and from YayPonies seasons 1 & 2 download the Australian iTunes raw season 3 onwards US iTunes raw.
>>
>>28107534
Is there any difference between the versions you get in that and those that can be DL'd from >>28107520?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.