[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Comic staff get mad at us for pirating the comic >Using

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: ball.jpg (249KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
ball.jpg
249KB, 640x1136px
>Comic staff get mad at us for pirating the comic
>Using this logic, they steal money from Hasbro by using their official status to line their pockets with money from con sketches

Are they mentally ill save for this writer?
>>
>>28093740
Never seem anger for pirates.
>>
>>28093740
Pretty sure that the comic artists are paid beforehand. So the real question is who in corporate is requiring the anti-pirate social media campaign. That's the office that should be targeted, preferably with tangible links to the Pirate Bay.
>>
>>28093958
Nah, every time they do a con sketch they steal from Hasbro, in the same way or worse than the storytimes here do. They abuse their official licensed status for personal gain. Honestly were it anyone other than Hasbro employing them they would get the boot super quickly.
>>
Reminder that, as long as comic sales are below 10,000 per issue, the comics won't go away.
>>
>>28094685
You mean above?
>>
>>28094129
>abuse their official licensed status for personal gain
....personal gain is exactly what licenses exist for.
You pay someone to use their ideas with the expectation that you'll earn more back afterward by exploiting it.
>>
>>28095116
They're paid by Hasbro to make official products. This is what they have the license for. Making money off of fanart that they draw is like an official Hasbro factory in China producing bootlegs with the official molds: using a Hasbro property for your own gain, even if you have official permission to do something else.
>>
>>28093740
There is finally controversy over that? Yeah no shit that is an issue.
>>
>>28093740
I wonder how the guardians of harmony comics are going to go?

Will they be a failure or good? Selll well or sell like shit?
>>
>>28095523
No one mentions it because they all want their OCs drawn by comic artists and the comic artists want money. Plus Hasbro is willing to look the other way.

>>28095725
They're written at least partially by Jeremy Whitley. Assuming that they don't let him mouthpiece or put in retarded OCs, the biggest problem will be too much talking and not enough action in an action-based comic series.
>>
>>28095725
Their toys look decent, so it all depends how well they advertise them...
>>
>>28095744
>everything looks good... but then
>they let fosgitt do the art
>>
>>28095757
I don't think anyone is disputing the TOYS will do well. Its the question of if the Guardians of harmony comics will do well and sell well.

also wonder if they'll actually have a different tone from just normal pony comics, I mean the normal FIM comics are like 60% action comics anyways.
>>
>>28095807
Doesn't stop them from WORDS WORDS WORDS when the visual medium should be doing the talking.

>>28095761
Price is literally the only artist that even comes close to being able to draw for it and that worries me.
>>
>>28093740
I can sort of understand them being upset at people potentially not buying the comics cause they're so easily available, but I know that for me I wouldn't have even started with the pony comics if it weren't for the first few storytimes I read. I think I own all of them digitally now along with the 25 or so floppies and volumes I have physically. I'd imagine it's the same for others too. Plus it makes it so the ones worth supporting get the money and those that are shit get passed over.
>>
>>28095816
Nah, there's also Brenda hickey. Her art is great for comedic comics.

She also did the art for the Sombra comic, and managed to make that one work despite normally being a gag focused artist.
>>
>>28095831
I'd buy Comics myself if they made them available in PDF for a non-apple computer
>>
>>28095859
I assume GoH will be a lot of action scenes and like you said she is gag focused. Only Price really has the experience of that sort of thing.
>>
>>28095913
Comixology or Kindle any good for that?
>>
>>28096071
well yeah I could read them on an android or Iphone, but I would want to read them on my computer.
>>
>>28096088
If I recall correctly both should let you do that through whatever viewers they use.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.