[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, since the KP bullshit a lot of people are pissed about animators

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: DHX_RGB_Logo_Main_For_WEB.png (279KB, 6677x4902px) Image search: [Google]
DHX_RGB_Logo_Main_For_WEB.png
279KB, 6677x4902px
So, since the KP bullshit a lot of people are pissed about animators using the leaked DHX assets. For what purpose? Why does anyone give a shit? I get bronies going full autismo and bleeding hearts for poor dhx or something, but this has to be the minority, right? As long as the animation is good, why should I care it's a dhx asset?
>>
>>28071097
KP was calling out pirates in her video.
>>
>>28071097
I never heard about leaked animation assets. Are they still floating around somewhere? And could you give an example of an animator using the leaks? I'm really interested to see what fan content can be made with this leak.
>>
you can't draw pones without dicks
>>
>>28071111
I get calling her out on it because the hypocrisy and not telling her animators that it was stolen content, but why do people give a shit that animators use leaked content? In the comments of her new """"apology"""" video people are saying how bad it is to use dhx assets at all. And every comments video I've seen on it, given that's like 2, they talk about how bad it is to use dhx assets
>>
>>28071120
If you watched any Vivareverie/IMMATOONLINK videos from 2013-2014 they used those assets apparently. He took them down recently though, says he's gonna remake them with his own assets.
>>
>>28071164
The rabbit hole goesdeep apparently. Thanks for the info, didn't know that.
>>
>>28071138
Potential C&Ds from Hasbro that could effect innocent animators.

Also the idea that if you need the DHX assets to make a good animation you arent good at animating anyway.
>>
>>28071138
I think the big issue is that DHX lawyers could send C/D's to people using those assets. Which is a big mark against amateur animators that want to turn their hobby into a career.
>>
>>28071120
>newfag
Hello newfriend, I hope you're enjoying your stay on /mlp/. Let me give you some history

I think it was a year or two ago someone leaked all assets from season 1 and 2 right here on /mlp/ as a mega upload. Anons were skeptical until some based fuckers downloaded it and checked it out. It contained original artwork and concept work from faust. It showed how she designed everything (with the reference images she used) including characters, animals, backgrounds, and even what the town would look like in HD. Oh and how twilight was supposed to graduate not become a princess. It was uploaded to pirate bay I think. Look there. Maybe yayponies has it too

>>28071164
>2013-14
Was it really that long ago they leaked? Fuck, what am I doing with my life.
>>
>>28071204
That's not the asset leak were talking about. As I recall this leak was in 2013 of some puppets used in Wonderbolts Academy.
>>
>>28071200
If you want to make it a career then you shouldn't use dhx assets. Presenting that in a portfolio would be bad.

I feel like using those assets is an easy and cheap way to experiment with your ability to animate. Learning tweens, keyframes, and all the other shit is hard if you don't have anything to play with.

>>28071198
>implying the actual animation aspect has anything to do with making puppets
>>
>>28071204
Oh, I thought by "leaked assets" in the OP it was referring more to complex flash rigs rather than that kind of art work. I knew about that leak.
>>
>>28071246
I thought those were just leaked from double rainboom, because he got the real assets. You can usually tell those leaks because the whites on the pupils are cut off in top and bottom.
>>
>>28071259
Nah this was from WA. A neat little article about it:
http://derpy.me/8VF3z
>>
>>28071248
If you cannot make rigs that's a huge problem.
>>
>>28071302
Not that huge tbqh famz
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.