[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just watched Slice of Life for the first time. Jesus fuck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: Screenshot_2016-08-04-21-09-55.png (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-08-04-21-09-55.png
1MB, 2560x1440px
I just watched Slice of Life for the first time.

Jesus fuck whose idea was this!?
>>
>>28068424
Hasbro's
>>
>>28068424
If you liked Slice of Life, you're going to love Stranger than Fanfiction.
>>
>>28068440
Man, Stranger than Fanfiction was a thousand times better than this crap.

It's like the aim of the episode wasn't to tell a story but rather to cram as much fanservice as possible into a 20-minute segment.

StF put the story first, with fandom references. Big difference.
>>
File: 1465668997350.png (641KB, 646x800px) Image search: [Google]
1465668997350.png
641KB, 646x800px
My theory is they mixed up the episode number with Amending Fences.
>>
>>28068447
It was the 100th episode, it was fanservice. Without the fans, G4 wouldn't have made it passed MMC.
>>
>>28068424
>Hasbro does what they want
"WTF IS THEIR PROBLEM DONT THEY CARE ABOUT US"
>Hasbro gives us what we want
"FUCKING PANDERING HASBRO WHAT A BUNCH OF HACKS"
Shut up, honestly, just shut up
>>
>>28068500
My problem was that the episode was an incoherent, schizophrenic mess
>>
>>28068424
>Slice of Life
To this day it is still one of my favorite episodes. I don't think any episode in S6 is as good.
>>
>>28068515

We need more Lyra and Bon Bon episodes
>>
File: 1448494530538.png (918KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1448494530538.png
918KB, 1280x853px
>>28068515
>>28068498
Do you know how awesome Amending fences was though M.A. Larson brought to life a name drop from within the first few moments of the show and gave some background ponies a role within the story. The rift between Twilight and Moon Dancer was the icing on the cake in terms of fan service so Imo that was the 100'th episode.
>>
>>28068523
Yeah, but not until Discovery Family goes under and [adult swim] picks up the IP, so the episodes can be more explicit.
>>
>>28068548
MLP on adult swim would be hilarious.
>>
>>28068548
> MLP by Adult Swim
It would certainly end up different.
>>
>>28068548
>>28068554
>>28068555
>Adult Swim
>Not Comedy Central
Imagine if Matt and Trey from South Park did MLP. Obviously with MLP animation, but with their writing?

That would be pretty fucking fun to see.
>>
>>28068568
The only cartoon that survives on Comedy Central is South Park and it's not even funny.
>>
>>28068568
Wasn't the season 1 episode "Feeling Pinkie Keen" written by one of the writers for South Park?

The friendship lesson was crap, but the road-runner-esque feel of the episode appealed to me. (Seeing Twilight getting hammered over the course of the episode, but with cartoon logic so she was fine).
>>
>daily hey lets bring back up something that caused drama because fuck talking about things we like thread
KYS

>>28068582
That's because South Park basically saved Comedy Central from going under, that's the only reason they get away with anything they want and all of their other content is complete shit. If Comedy Central loses South Park, they die
>>
>>28068500
>Hasbro gives us what we want
But I never wanted that piece of garbage.
Until that episode, I did not think any episode ever again would come close to being as bad as MMDW, but SoL actually came close.
They may actually be just about tied as the worst MLP episodes of all time.

>>28068447
This.

>>28068509
And this.
>>
>>28068582
>South Park and it's not even funny.
>implying it's less funny than the shit shows that plague Adult Swim
Just stop with your 13 year old-level taste.
>>
File: 2016-04-26-024954_605x220.png (27KB, 605x220px) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-26-024954_605x220.png
27KB, 605x220px
>>28068538
Larson simply owns this show. Best two season openers (Return of Harmony, Cutie Map), best slice-of-life episode (Amending Fences), most controversial episode complete with having his original script changed without his input, and milestone celebration fanservice episode. Not to mention that his episodes are generally well-liked, he had five out of the top ten episodes in /mlp/'s last ranking, including the top three (the other half being shared by Meghan and Amy) and leads the writer totals with a decent margin.

It's a shame he doesn't work on the show anymore and I kinda wish they'd gotten him for the movie. But at least he does what he wants now and achieved his lifelong dream of making people buy his books.
>>
>>28068659
True, but Mr. Pickles isn't being heralded as premier adult entertainment and [adult swim]'s saving grace.
>>
>>28068675
M.A. Larson was good, even though he got a few garbage episodes pinned on him. It's a shame he doesn't work on the show anymore, but at least we have Josh Haber now, who has been doing a great job so far. And Merriwether Williams seems to be gone, so there are fewer (and less) shitty episodes.
>>
Do you guys think you'd be able to write episodes on par with what we have?

It's all on you, ideas and everything. You have to come up with an entire season. Think of each idea, every word in the script, how everything plays out. Could you do it and make it on par with what YOU personally feel are the best episodes in the show?

At best I believe I could maybe write one episode, and it would probably take me a long time to get everything down perfectly. It would a huge learning curve because out of everything I've wrote, kid shit is not something I'm used to.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.