[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only one who likes the comic more than the show itself?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 20

File: Shining Geek.jpg (244KB, 630x969px) Image search: [Google]
Shining Geek.jpg
244KB, 630x969px
Am I the only one who likes the comic more than the show itself?

Also, MLP Comics thread. I haven't been reading recently. How's the story going in the main issues?
>>
>>27972663
Yes
>>
File: Nope Town.png (53KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
Nope Town.png
53KB, 500x332px
>>27972674
>>
>>27972663
The comics are better
>>
File: genuine feels.jpg (139KB, 911x563px) Image search: [Google]
genuine feels.jpg
139KB, 911x563px
>>27972663
Can't get into it.
Even disregarding the pants-on-head stupidity that is the Muh Dragon Representation guy; the comics have real trouble with pacing and tone.

They move at a breakneck speed and cram the every page full of background gags and immersion breaking references, as if they were afraid they'd loose the reader if they slowed down.

Case in point the Nightmare rarity arc; Really cool concept and some very cool scenes, but then you get stuff like the nightmares having "hilarious" mudane names like Larry or half of the final Fight being slapstick, ruining any sense of tension.
>>
>>27972727
Well, there is really no other way to do it, is there? Friendship is Magic is about showing the audience the "light in the darkness", and the goofiness and fun that the characters show is representative of that.
>>
>>27972759
You can maintain a serious tone without scaring kids. No ones asking for over the top violence here.
>>
>>27972727
This pretty much. The comics had a really high point when they were first around where people were heralding them as better than the show, when the show was really bad. Then the people behind it bought into their own hype and realized they could pump out shit and bronies would still buy it.

Regarding the "muh dragon representation guy," he does have issues with pacing. Far too often MLP comics by him just textwall.
>>
Also I guess this is a good time to mention the IDW kids panel at SDCC which is Sunday morning. Hopefully there's something interesting. Personally I hope the GoH comics aren't total cancer.
>>
>>27972759
>Well, there is really no other way to do it, is there?
I think there is; you can have a positive message and some goofy shenanigans doesn't mean you can't have a slow or somber moment every once in a while.
Look at Gravity Falls; that show is filled with goofy characters, but they know when to dial it back and have a serious moment and the show is a lot stronger for it.
>>
>>27972811
Do we know who's writing?
>>
>>27972830
The problem with the comics is that they often would spend whole issues building up suspense then solve the problem with slapstick. It may work better in animation but in a comic it honestly is just lame.

>>27972840
Jeremy Whitley, sadly. Really though, as long as they kept him from writing his own characters into it they should be tolerable. The problem is that he really has no passion for the series and just kind of writes everything in a pretty cliche way that doesn't really need to be an MLP story. But it's an action franchise he's working for so I assume that the art (hopefully by an on-point Price for all of the issues) is good.
>>
>>27972663
I honestly wish the show was animated like the comics. It would probably be traditionally animated, though there's no downside to that other than maybe slightly longer hiatuses.
>>
>>27972852
>>27972852
>Jeremy Whitley, sadly.
Bummer.
I might give it a try if he can keep his politics out of for once, but I don't have high hopes.
>>
>>27972864
Traditional animation is WAY more expansive than flash.
If the show was traditionally animated, you'd have nowhere near as much going on oncreen as we currently got.
>>
>>27972852
Problem is, even his "action" scenes are a hodgepodge mixup of serious action and weird slapstick. Case in point, the "siege" of the crystal empire that ended up being fighting with clothing and apple-cannons. I'm afraid any potential value in GoH is going to be sucked away by out-of-place "humor".
>>
>>27972880
Again, I've found his rare stuff that doesn't include his original characters or politics of some kind rather...dry, I guess you could say? It felt like someone tried to write a decent story yes, but one without character traits in mind. So you don't really get mad at it for doing anything wrong, and it's not offensive, it's just odd. Like it could be written for anything and MLP characters were just put in a stock plot.

>>27972864
>>27972891
Price also got a lot less detailed as the comics went on. He hit his peak maybe in 2013 and just sort of coasted along since.

>>27972898
The Siege of the Crystal Empire scene where Celestia and Luna get trapped in stone was so fucking abrupt that I thought it was meant to be a gag, but no, it was serious. I just hope he learned a little bit.
>>
>>27972891
Guess there are way too many elements onscreen at a time to pay close attention to. Though if Hasjew cared enough they'd at least go this route for the movie.
>>
>>27972932
There's a reason most animation studious switched from traditional animation. No one cares enough to put that much money into something.
>>
>>27972958
Realize that, just looks much better compared to Flash. Also a few of Cartoon Networks shows still use the method.
>>
>>27972992
Because Cartoon Network easily has three times the audience of Discovery Family. They can afford to waste money because they have guaranteed viewership .
>>
>>27973028
Well let's hope they strike it rich with these GoH toys then.
>>
>>27972779
>The comics had a really high point when they were first around where people were heralding them as better than the show, when the show was really bad. Then the people behind it bought into their own hype and realized they could pump out shit and bronies would still buy it.
Sad really, but this is spot on. It WAS good once but has degenerated.

That being said, I still think the Friends forever series normally does pretty good
>>
File: Dragon, I am disappoint..jpg (80KB, 696x618px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon, I am disappoint..jpg
80KB, 696x618px
>>27972663
Alright, which ones have you read?
>>
>>27973105
No one reads the Friends Forever issues it feels like. They sell terribly now. Plus Fosgitt works on them, which just makes it worse.
>>
>>27972906
>The Siege of the Crystal Empire scene where Celestia and Luna get trapped in stone was so fucking abrupt that I thought it was meant to be a gag, but no, it was serious.
Yeah, FiM has a pretty problem with the Worf Effect. They don't seem to have any way to define a threat besides "hey look, this one can slap alicorns around a little bit!"
>>
>>27972663
Probably, Illustrious Qnt.
>>
>>27972663

Yes
>>
File: Shrugdash.gif (348KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Shrugdash.gif
348KB, 500x281px
>>27973106
I read up to #23 I think. I eventually gave up my subscription to an online reading site IDW published their comics to.
>>
File: Dreamscapists.jpg (307KB, 1054x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Dreamscapists.jpg
307KB, 1054x1600px
>>27973135
I loved the Friends Forever issues. But I've not bought any for a while.

Pic related was the most recent.
>>
>>27974625
Was that before the Shining Armor/Blueblood one?

If so, you should really go check that out. It's a reminder of exactly how good the FiM comics have the potential to be, when they're not drowning in their own mediocrity.
>>
>>27974648
I think so. I've not keep up with them as much I should have. I might buy another comic next month. I love 'em.
>>
>>27972880
>I might give it a try if he can keep his politics out of for once, but I don't have high hopes.

"For once?" What issue by him besides the shitty dragon one contains politics?
>>
>>27974835
Honestly his bigger problem isn't politics, but the same problem that extends to the rest of the staff.

>My OC is super great and original and everything must circle around them, not anyone else, even when I'm told to wrote about these show characters.

Case in point, that terrible Luna and CMC FF, which barely used Luna, and made the CMC only assisting the OC.
>>
>>27974648
Hello, illustrious Q.
>>
There was a panel for the IDW comics at SDCC that should be done by now. Did nothing get announced?
>>
>>27976200
Q would never say anything bad at all about the comics.

Quit false flagging, anon.
>>
>>27976289

Nothing about the MLP comics, like they don't exist in the IDW franchise
>>
>>27972663
They started out promising in the first year, but have since devolved into a mixed bag of crackpot flanderized character assassination fanwank, utterly mediocre sterotypical "all-ages comics", and the far and inbetween occasional decent issue.

There's also the strange semi-canon situation where there is some official involvement of DHX through McCarthy & Theissen and some premises being blocked because of what the show does, and on the other hand the other show writers not reading the comics at all, or even recycling previous comic plots (Do Princesses Dream Of Magic Sheep and the Nightmarity arc).
I'd much prefer if they'd just go full alternate universe with the comics like the Adventure Time comics did. Guardians of Harmony would be the perfect opportunity for this, and would result in the comics not longer getting held back by or infringing upon the show.
>>
Guardians of Harmony comics not coming until nex year, apparently. IDW said they can't say anything.
>>
>>27976896
>I'd much prefer if they'd just go full alternate universe with the comics

I mean, isn't that pretty much what they are at this point? DPDoMS kind of contradicted Nightmarity and No Second Prances kind of contradicted that Trixie-gem thief arc; The Crystalling outright contradicted the Siege arc entirely. Anyone who says they're completely in the same universe isn't watching the show at this point.

>Guardians of Harmony would be the perfect opportunity for this, and would result in the comics not longer getting held back by or infringing upon the show.
Heh, GoH is the one point I would have loved to see them put 110% into making the comics actually fit the setting, but from what I've heard so far I'm expecting the worst.
>>
>>27977134
Wow, what a way to really drop the ball. Is IDW's pony staff just a bunch of morons? Any other staff team seems great with Hasbro, notably Transformers and how their Titan Returns comics are lining up with their toy releases. And with Hasbro doing Micronauts stuff again, IDW is prepared. But how incompetent is the comic staff that they're going to be this late, and by the time these come out Hasbro will probably tell them to get them working on movie hype stuff.

Maybe if the staff wasn't so in need to use the comics as a box for them to do whatever the hell they want rather than just MLP stpries, we wouldn't have this problem.
>>
>>27977145
>but from what I've heard so far I'm expecting the worst.

Telll us pls
>>
>>27977194
They weren't specific. I think Hasbro is doing something weird with GoH. But I don't think IDW is doing well either, they're putting everything behind Revolutions and everything else just falls by the wayside.
>>
>>27977145
>Heh, GoH is the one point I would have loved to see them put 110% into making the comics actually fit the setting, but from what I've heard so far I'm expecting the worst.
And what have you heard so far?
>>
>>27977227
>>27977222
Unless anon knows something we don't know, the only info about them that we got is that Jeremy Whitley wrote a few of them.
>>
>>27977194

>Is IDW's pony staff just a bunch of morons?

Nope, they just don't have enough writers and artist in the staff to handle 3 lines of comic

writers:

>Jeremy Whitley
>Ted Anderson
>Rice
>Thom Zahler

Artist:

>Andy price
>Tony fleecs
>Agnes garbowska
>Brenda Hickey

Also the IDW editor for this comic didn't even care about MLP
>>
>>27977223
>I think Hasbro is doing something weird with GoH.
I don't know what weird thing they could possibly be doing, it looks like they're trying to do the same stuff they're doing woth other brands, but for some reason it doesn't look like IDW is on board for GoH.

Hasbro should maybe just buy out IDW at this point, take them over. Clearly as they've acquired video game studios and animation studios, this shouldn't be too absurd. It'd also allow them more direct control over marketting, and increase sales by more oftenly including comics packed in woth toys. IDW only seems to be doing well with their franchise comics anyway.
>>
>>27972663
The comic was genuinely good until the latter half of the first Sombra arc. Then the quality declined. Then the artists and writers went full tumblr and brewed up drama. Now it sucks black dick.
>>
>>27977271

>4 artist and writers

That isn't enought?
>>
>>27972663
I enjoy the comics as a separate thing from the show and an additional source of pony. The main arc has been pretty shoddy, but the Friends Forever can be good depending on the issue. Books on average have been more fun recently.
>>
>>27977305
Nah, Reflections was the first big tumble with the ending. Then came that flat out horrible bull arc that made Twilight into a Lawful Stupid sociopath.

>>27974871
Whitley has a big Creator's Pet syndrome. Remember the kelpie that was going to willingly drown Ponyville to make a habitat, yet got forgiven and let go right there even more lightly off than Starlight? (Who actually lost the proverbial wind in her sails once she found out just how bad the shit she was doing was).
>>
File: medium.jpg (98KB, 714x418px) Image search: [Google]
medium.jpg
98KB, 714x418px
>>27977438
>Remember the kelpie that was going to willingly drown Ponyville to make a habitat, yet got forgiven and let go right there even more lightly off than Starlight?
I love that comic just because of this shit that came from it.
>>
>>27977278
Hasbro wouldn't buy IDW. They would buy some tiny comic company and move all of their stuff to them.

But yeah, IDW isn't really behind GoH it feels like. They treat pony like trash.
>>
>>27977438
>>27977462
>no one will remember the pets being awesome in that comic cause of those last pages
This makes me sad.
>>
>>27977222
>>27977227

>>27977235 is what I am talking about. Jeremy Whitley's OC issues are well known, but I also find his pacing issues are severe.
>>
>>27972663
No because I don't believe that you actually exist.
>>
File: tumblr_ln6snhraqF1qludboo1_500.gif (252KB, 500x269px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ln6snhraqF1qludboo1_500.gif
252KB, 500x269px
>>27977488
Considering Hasbro's size, which is still growing, I feel it's similar in preportion to Disney absorbing Marvel.

Though with that in mind, considering Disney's reaction to Hasbro chatting with dreamworks, I doubt they'd be happy if Hasbro ate a comic company for themselves.
>>
>>27977535
In the few issues where he doesn't have OC issues, absolutely. The guy is a big fan of just being super wordy.
>>
>>27977547
Hasbro would buy some tiny company no one has heard of. That is what they do.
>>
>>27977533
This is another of IDW's problems, turning a great concept into something really lousy with a few alterations or page inclusions. Like how Nightmarity was ruined by moon creatures and "lol im just posessing her"

>>27977535
I feel like pacing issues are not exclusive to Whitely, everyone doesn't know what to do, which is why I don't feel good about the current comic. They have a bad habit of setting up too long for a rushed ending.
>>
b
>>
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2016/07/discord-origins-and-more-coming-to-mlp.html

Cretins like this drooling over whatever IDW shits on their plate are the real root of the problem.
>>
>>27977565
Not really. I don't really think companies like Wizards of the Coast, Tiger Electronics and Backflip Studios are complete nobodies. And IDW isn't really a somebody either. They're only really known because of their franchise comics. Hasbro could easily eat them up.
>>
>>27977651
>Cheese Sandwich and Pinkie Pie
To be fair, this is shit they should be doing. Not "Oh let's have Rarity and the Cakes and then I'm going to write Rarity as if she's Scrooge McDuck because I don't know jack shit about the series."

But yeah, you're right. I remember complaining about that comic in particular, then who else but Q came running to defend it, claiming it was "Just a character flaw!" when she never expresses such traits.

Rarity's definitely one of the worst written characters in IDW's run, only doing well in her friend stuff. At least the Cakes one was the only really bad FF woth her. But in the main series, wow they make her to be such a vain bitch.
>>
>>27977706
The head writer for the series until 2016 absolutely hated Rarity and Rainbow Dash and was pretty open about this. I don't think she has got a major role since that writer quit, but yeah. Price and Cook are still seen as the default by other people working on the comics though, so the others base their work on them.
>>
>>27977763
Are you talking about Cook? Oddly enough she didn't hate Rarity, she actually said she was her favorite. She claimed, at least to my face, AJ was her least favorite. And the story is she and Price jumped to work on the Rarity micro, which admittedly was one of the few good ones.

However, I think it's that they didn't even watch the show much, and just assumed a lot of traits of several characters, and just went with the most likely stereotype for Rarity. The vain bitch who swoons at the sight of anything with a dick. Which oddly enough is the opposite of what you'd see in the series, she only picks a single husbando, and everyone else swoons for her. Then she's never half as obsessed with her appearance as the comic depicts her as the type who'd never look away from a mirror.
>>
>>27977651

>all that butthurt because Q fuck up everything and say some false information about that the discord origin will be appear in the comic in the 2017

My sides
>>
File: img_011.jpg (2MB, 1400x2154px) Image search: [Google]
img_011.jpg
2MB, 1400x2154px
>>27977271

That list don't have pic related artist
>>
>>27977855
Yeah, I assume most of the IDW staff just reads synopses of episodes at the very most. They "liked Rarity" in the sense that they liked the very stereotypical personality they chose to give her.

>>27978187
>>27978275
>It's the illiterate shitposter that can't type English showing up in a thread again
>>
>>27978275
Fosgitt mlp art is awful.
>>
>>27972663
Just this once, yes. You are the only one. Some of the early arcs and standalone issues are good but the comics as a whole are a complete mess. It seems like every major story they do now contradicts the show, other comics, and itself at least once each.
>>
>>27972727
nightmare rarity was awful even in concept since it absolutely shits on any character development luna barely has
>>
Just like with episodes of the show, there are some comics I enjoy more than others. I didn't think I would, but I enjoyed the Sombra/shadow ponies arc a lot. Radiant Hope was such an emphatic character. I think the CMCs in the comics can get a little stale if the conflict is focused on them, I think the show executes on that better, not that those episodes stack up against the better episodes of the show anyway. I appreciate the comics for what they are, and there are some gems, but I still think I enjoy the show a greater percentage of the time.
>>
>>27978424
>Liking a Whitley OC
>Ever

They're universally all bad. Seriously, he needs to stop with adding his own characters into stories.
>>
File: radiant.png (281KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
radiant.png
281KB, 1024x1024px
>>27978438
qt
>>
>>27978539
If there were any justice at all in the comic, Sombra and her would be rotting in the deepest corner of Tartarus. But Whitley's pets don't get treated badly.
>>
File: moreradiant.png (53KB, 233x250px) Image search: [Google]
moreradiant.png
53KB, 233x250px
>>27978554
I'll cross my fingers for you
>>
Radiant Hope >>>> Twilight Sparkle

Hope should be the real princess of friendship
>>
>>27978539
>>27978597
>>27978641

fuck off jeremy
>>
File: qt.png (221KB, 549x700px) Image search: [Google]
qt.png
221KB, 549x700px
>>27979337
Ah nuts, what gave it away?
>>
>>27977855
Remember when Cook said she got into an argument with a child about RD?
>>
I've recently started reading the comics. Have I made a mistake or are they enjoyable as a seperate-from-show source of pone?
>>
>>27980835
No? Oh dear.
>>
>>27982567
wtf is this shit? That's some shitty writing right there.
>I can't think of a way to make conflict without Twilight interfering, so I'm just going to ruin her character instead.
>>
File: top whore.png (3MB, 1438x1340px) Image search: [Google]
top whore.png
3MB, 1438x1340px
>>
>>27982731
welcome to IDW's pony team
>>
>>27972674
/thread
>>
>>27982266
You made a mistake.
>>
>>27982266
You'll find that after Comic #17 things start to get questionable to bad, but even then there are still good ones to be found in the main series. Friends Forevers are always hit or miss though. That general mindset you have should serve you well.
>>
>>27984226
I can't remember the last decent main series one. All of the ones I was going to suggest were FFs.
>>
>>27984244
>Last decent main series one
Fucking hell, I think... maybe the pirate one was good for a chuckle? That's all I remember, though.
>>
>>27983513
That's why I hate Cook and Price.
>>
>>27984226
I read them some time ago, but completely forgot about them, that is roughly the issue I stopped at. Maybe it was that. Reason that I'm reading them again from the start is that I completely forgot everything.
>>
>>27984821
That one was just sort of nonsensical. Last good main series was the Big Mac arc.
>>
File: Considering.png (787KB, 654x539px) Image search: [Google]
Considering.png
787KB, 654x539px
I enjoyed the comics. They aren't better but I like how they just expand on their Universe and it gives some background characters more personality. It gives them a chance to be in the limelight without spending money on animation or voice actors.
>>
The comics have just enough good in them to make you eventually bitter about how badly they treat the property- lousy editing, badly written stories, artists that should never have been let near the franchise.

It could have been so much better, but MLP's comic editor literally doesn't give a fuck and the creative choices are "meh, whatever".
>>
>>27986175
you forgot your image
>>
>>27972663
yes
>>
>>27986175
>>27986801
It's weird, because he wrote two decent stories for it. He's just shit at editing.
>>
>>27984926
I remember finding the bookworm one alright, but I got annoyed how that was another "Wow, Rarity is a bitch, isn't she?" because she ended up starting another fight in her friends. It was okay otherwise.

I don't know how this evil-Rarity in the new comics isn't the kindest person in pony now.
>>
>>27987876
Sad!
>>
>>27972663
I actually feel the comic does a lot of things better than the show. I feel the comic can do a lot better at more epic high fantasy stories like the Siege of the Crystal Empire and Crisis on Infinite Equestrias er a Reflections. As you can guess, I enjoy very much that they turned Sombra into a character, instead of a plot device. Even if comic Sombra is a little schmaltzy.
But I think the show still manages to do slice of life and more grounded story lines better. On the other hand I'd say many of the simple one shot issues have been pretty enjoyable. Anytime Discord just shows up in the comics is gold.
It's a mixed bag. Some issues fall flat, some are awesome. I suppose the nature of a rotating creative teams means a varying level of talent. Some issues of the comics have been awesome. Some feel lackluster. But the same could be said for some episodes of the series as well. Mostly I'm just glad we have more ponies for those long hiatuses.
>>
I don't know who it is, I think like the first 9 issues, might have been andy, not sure of the name, but that nigga can draw.

I think that artstyle is the best for MLP in general. shit looks so clean, whoever drew OP's pic is who I'm talking about. Fucking nice art, and all the characters look much cuter, save for the evil ones.
>>
>>27989934
Andy Price? Yeah. He got a lot worse as time went on, sadly. This was his good period.
>>
>>27973143
That's a pretty hard issue to crack when you're saddled with a TV-Y rating.
>>
>>27982731
honestly mundane problems get hard to not immediatly solve when your protagonist is a god-princess and a top tier magic user.
>>
>>27991091
Well that's a problem the show invented itself with the shitty DBZ stuff.
>>
>>27991091
just come up with problems that can't be solved through brute magical force
>>
>>27972663
>It's been almost a year since my last purchase of an mlp comic.
Where did the time go? What issue are they on?
>>
>>27992090
Number of issues 40 (main series)
10 (micro series)
26 (Friends Forever)
5 (Fiendship Is Magic)
2 (Annual Edition)
2 (Holiday Special)
(as of March 2016)
>>
>>27978331
The concept was fine. Only real change that was needed would be Luna being less of a pushover.
>>
>>27992057
Got any suggestions? The "friendship issues" they have right now are an okay problem you can't just poof away and they get other characters involved.
>>
>>27990687
My biggest suggestion is slow down their actions some. Stretch things out over 2, maybe even 3 episodes so that we have a chance to see them taking smaller actions. Slapping an alicorn down is an easy out because you can show it happening in 10 seconds and be done with it. I say, be inventive - don't limit yourself to direct displays of force like that.
>>
>>27992870
Resolving friendship issues is literally what the Princess of Friendship is for.
>>
How are you guys feeling about the current arc in the main comics?
Part 2 of it should be out some time after midnight tonight.
>>
>>27994045
I feel like the ponies are barely even that evil.
>>
>>27993907
I'm pretty sure that's what the Mane 6 are for, not the Princess of Friendship exclusively.
>>
>>27994045
Suffers from the same issues all the other comics do.
>Can't get emotionally invested in the conflict, because I know everything is going to be reset at the end in a hamhanded attempt to 'preserve canon'.
>Characters won't advance at all because the comics writers can't do characterization in the first place
>Case in point, the "bad M6" are some of the most halfassed "characterizations" I've ever seen
>Comic length, even as a multiparter, gives no time for a proper narrative to develop
>CMC get to be heroes for whatever weird reason, when it'd make a decent opportunity to use and/or develop the character of random Ponyvillers (Mayor Mare, Noteworthy, Cloudchaser, Zecora, etc)

I feel like at some point they went, "hey, remember how in Reflections people were upset because we advertised an anti-Mane6 and then barely showed them for a couple panels? Yeah, let's do a comic with that again!"

Except, they didn't have a rationalization, so lolrandom geyser. And they don't really have a story, so half the time the "evil" M6 seem to be doing random evil things instead of actually acting on their negative personality traits in a coherent manner. And then they shove a bunch of popular characters together and hope for the best, instead of looking at alternate character options to pick up where the show won't.
>Mysterious mind-altering substances is literally Zecora's shit
>Mayor Mare decides she's had enough of these ponies fucking with her town, goes off to get to the bottom of this mess
>Cloudchaser's pissed at the captain of her weather team going berserk, goes off to find out what's gotten into her, etc

Basically, wasted opportunities all around.
>>
>>27994045
I think I'll reserve my new judgement for when I see the new comic. Seeing as they'll probably show off Nightmare Moon at the end, which might take things from "This isn't really good." (where it currently stands) to "This really is bad." Depending on how much Luna stuff they contradict.

Anyway, as it currently stands, I just feel like it's not noteworthy. I feel like another decent concept has been wasted as always.
>>
Christ, I forgot that the comics even existed. Mainly because I've been enjoying Rebirth and trying to start a hellboy collection. Are they still okay at best and hot trash at worst? I remember quitting after the siege of the crystal empire. I still can't believe they spelled siege wrong.
>>
>>27992057
its not just that she has brute magical force going for her, she also has the authority of royalty. She can overwrite anyone's orders, demand reinforcements from the army, or just pass a decree that solves the problem.
>>
>>27995191
[citation needed]
>>
>>27995191
Look, I hate Twilight Sue as much as the next guy, but we've never seen her exert royal authority like that. There's just no proof for that.

Not like she needs to anyway with how ridiculously OP she is in the first place.
>>
File: 1454603272163.jpg (26KB, 357x395px) Image search: [Google]
1454603272163.jpg
26KB, 357x395px
i just read the first comic, is it worth continuing?
>>
>>27996455
no
Thread posts: 127
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.