[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If this guy wasn't pissing around literally all the time,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 22

File: latest[1].png (565KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
565KB, 1280x720px
If this guy wasn't pissing around literally all the time, could anyone actually stop him?
Even when the Main 6 had their elements, it seems all he'd really need to do is take one of them out of the equation for a bit and the friendship laser wouldn't work. Without the elements even Celestia and Luna couldn't really touch him.

Was Tirek even needed for him to take over Equestria? Discord is pretty OP
>>
>>27967210
No, Discord is nearly omnipotent. I mean I'm sure his magic has limitations but realistically he can do just about anything. He really cannot be stopped unless he's caught off guard or is being lazy, or doesn't otherwise react to a threat quickly enough. Or is met with some overly-specific thing that his magic cannot touch. (And even then he may think of some creative way to nullify it.)

He is not given enough credit for his moral compass. I know he's depicted as amoral, but he's really not. He's evidently never killed anyone, or done any sort of heinous crime. Think about what just the AVERAGE person would do, if they had his level of power. Think about how very easy and tempting it would be for many to immediately abuse it.

Discord actually uses his powers magnanimously, and being that no one can stop him, he deserves some serious respect for that. Albeit he does use them for selfish purposes and enjoys screwing with people very much. He's doesn't exactly use his magic for charitable means, which he easily could.
>>
>>27967348
To be honest, if I had his power I'd do nothing but fuck around and mess with people all the time too.
>>
>>27967210
>If this guy wasn't pissing around literally all the time, could anyone actually stop him?

Yes, he's vulnerable to surprise attacks, and illness. He could be poisoned, or attacked with something biological. He's got all the power in the world, but the downside to his power is he specifically has to command it to do something, if someone catches him off guard he can't counter it fast enough as evidenced by him being unable to react even when Tirek lifted him up.

Also, his magic is near all powerful, but it's finite. Someone else with a magical drain ability could stop him just as easily as Tirek could if they could catch him unaware.
>>
>>27967348
You give him too much credit.
When you can make everything so easy mode as you describe it, it just makes me think he abused his powers before and killed and did shit that's horrible, but he eventually got tired of getting his way every time so easily.
This would explain exactly why he only does shit to amuse himself now, he got tired of always winning and now wants to experiment new stuff to keep himself entertained.
>>
>>27967406
>He's got all the power in the world, but the downside to his power is he specifically has to command it to do something

Valid point tbqh. You would be required to hit him while his back is turned, which I think would be difficult because Discord appears to have abnormally fast reaction times, but you would only need to hit him with one good spell to take him down. Just hit him with a sleep spell.

>>27967448
That's very possible but we can't know for sure. I used to think he was like that, but the more I see of him, the more I think he probably never used his powers for explicit evil. He could have, (he's centuries old, and people can change,) but we don't know.
>>
>>27967494
>Discord appears to have abnormally fast reaction times,

He really doesn't, he's been taken off guard by things that could have been easily avoided, like the Worm, or that were reasonably slow to pull off and others with decent reaction time actually did avoid, like Tirek draining him after admitting his betrayal, something he couldn't do with Twilight despite hitting her with everything he had. Or hell, even when he literally sees a giant rainbow light, he's still too slow to snap himself to the other side of the planet or something and just holds out his hands. He's very slow with his reflexes, likely due to never really needing to keep them honed
>>
>>27967534
I think he is just slow for plot convenience.
If he was actually omnipotent, that would break the fucking show and it would become the Discord's Show everytime he was on screen.
>>
File: 1439729687001.png (391KB, 600x582px) Image search: [Google]
1439729687001.png
391KB, 600x582px
according to my autistic headcanon…

discord is either an elemental of chaos or aspect of chaotic diety
his only motive is to spice things up a little and he's just see world around him as a playground with a lot of toys to play with
and hey, losing is fun if you can leave a good-looking corpse
theoretically he can pose a threat, but he's not "all powereful and omnipotent"

alicorns are demigods with divine rank of 1-5, with minor control over a portfolio that includes one or more aspects of mortal existence (day/night cycle, love, magic, et cetera), with a tiny bit of lovecraftian "old gods", since one can "ascend into being alicorn" and alicorn can be born naturally, which is strange imo. things was simplier before flurry heart showed up

also, i think that so many alicorns pop up left and right is not a coinsidence
once again, according to my autistic headcanon…
world is falling apart for some reason
"grey" age of harmony in equestria got disturbed and powereful dieties spawning everywhere to (temporarily or not) keep things from falling apart is a defence mechanism of the… universe/world/yada yada…
because apperantly, there were only 2 alicorns for a very long time and nothing terrible happend
even so, we can speculate that luna and celestia showed up not long before/after wendigo incident

sorry for that post
my crippling autism is leaking sometimes when i forget to take my chill pills
>>
>>27967563
>He isn't all powerful and ommnipotent
He can alter matter at will, physics and time and space.
In every other media such a being is considered a god when he has those powers.
>>
>>27967561
>I think he is just slow for plot convenience.

...So then he's actually just slow?

I've never understood this argument, he's not shown to be very quick in reaction time in any other situation, he's not shown to be it in the important situations, so he's just slow to react. Sure, if you took a step back and looked at it as a writing standpoint, you could say 'they only ever write him as being slow because otherwise no plot', but by that logic they could just write in any other limitations to his powers too, or just have them break altogether, or just have left him in stone and brought back his 'nice' twin brother if they wanted to keep the voice actor/abilities. Saying it's plot convenience is like saying Dash not being able to go back in time is plot convenience

So long as they write him being slow to react, keep him consistent in doing so on multiple occasions(which they do), and never have him break it to save the day(which they don't), then it's not really convenience so much as just character.
>>
>>27967640
Because like I said, it would become the Discord's show if he saved the day and was all omnipotent and close to perfection.
If this wasn't a feminist show, He would go from villain to hero, most likely, just out of trying something new.
>>
>>27967596
chaos is everything but nothing specific
that's why he can be easily defeated by anything of order and harmony
>>
>>27967672
Well obviously he has to have a weak point. Nobody wants another Twilight Sparkle.
>>
>>27967348
On his own he didn't seem to do much, but once he got with Tirek they were pretty much destroying shit left and right and he had no qualms about it, so who knows where his moral compass really was
>>
>>27967406
Surprise attack with what though? Other than the Elements of course.
>>
File: my my.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
my my.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Wow, actually a good thread.
>>
>>27967210
He's chaos incarnate. His entire existence inherently consists of pissing around. His immense power is his limitation. He's incapable of consistent chaos, for consistent chaos is order in itself.
>>
What's with all this morality talk? Are you insinuating morality exists, or are we discussing it from a societal viewpoint?

If the latter, I don't think Discord has a moral compass. He is a lone individual, and whatever society he was raised in assuming he was at all surely means nothing to him after so many eons of destruction.

He's like Rick from Rick and Morty. He just doesn't care. The difference is that Discord is old, very very old, and he craves difference. He's so bored. The only reason he hasn't destryoed Equestria is because it bores him. He wants to experience what it has to offer.
>>
>>27967210
Well he's still vulnerable to strong magic and presumably The Smooze since he had to go out of his way to remove it from his paw. Sure he could remove the gems from it but he still has to go out of his way to not touch the Smooze suggesting it could affect him.
>>
>>27968539
Or maybe he just doesn't like to feel icky with the smooze.
>>
>>27968554
I don't think so. He's never shown to care about that.
>>
>>27968618
He barely touches it at all, when he does he cleans himself. But whatever.
>>
>>27967210
He is the Joker to Equestras Batman.
>>
>>27968659
Name ONE (1) time the Joker actually stayed away from villainy for most of the time, let alone being redeemed.
>>
Seems to me like everything is just a game to him.
He literally disabled the mane6 and their powers but gave them a chance to fight back. He could just have sent the elements to space or whatever.
He could probably have defeated the princesses back in the day, but decided to let them have their chance to see what would happen.
If he just took out anything that could challenge him he'd probably get bored.
Win or lose is probably irrelevant to him as long as he gets to have fun
>>
I really like how intelligent the show made Discord's plans, and I had to re watch his episode to get a good story line of his actions.

Discord ruled Equestria until two alicorns decided to conquer his domain. Despite doing all he could to stop the ponies from obtaining a living embodiment of harmony (that tree which spawned the elements), Discord made a back up plan to capture the alicorns with an evil plant and free himself from his statue prison with their power. It did work, just after he had already freed himself. I thought it was a real cloak and dagger scheme.

So after spontaneously gaining his freedom, Discord tricks the ponies into thinking they had lost their friendship stones and couldn't find them. Them he stalls for time with a maze to corrupt each pony individually, before they can learn friendship is inside of them all along. Another smart move, and to top it off Discord doesn't celebrate victory until twilight herself has been corrupted. However he is caught off gaurd when the ponies return back to normal and zap him.

I love how Discord understands that he can't beat harmony out right and has to make cunning schemes to out fox his adversaries. I buy into the truce he makes since Discord knows that he would likely lose again and instead settles for partial freedom.
>>
>>27967563
>we can speculate that luna and celestia showed up not long before/after wendigo incident

>speculate

Celestia and Luna were already around before the three tribes founded Equestria, according to the Journal.
>>
>>27969095
>implying the books are canon.
>>
You're missing the best part of when he got turned to stone the first time. A lot of people don't get it.

He let himself be turned to stone on purpose. Celestia and Luna come walking up to him with the Elements declaring they're about to defeat him, and what does he do? He just sits there. Or he appears to just sit there, but in reality he's planting the plunder seeds right in front of their face, which Celly and Luna don't realize.

He knew perfectly well the Elements could defeat him, and he knew that they weren't going to stop until they successfully used them on him. So he let them.

His plan was to let them use the Elements on him, then let the plunder seeds do their thing. His plan failed because he didn't think the Tree of Harmony would be able to stop the seeds from attacking it. If it worked, they would've attacked the tree, which would've freed him.

Basically Discord expected to pop up in a few seconds in front of Luna and Celestia, perfectly fine and laughing about how worthless their attempts were. Instead, he wound up turned into stone for a thousand years. That's what happens when you get flippant and don't think things through.
>>
Meant for you >>27968911
>>
File: mhjbhbj.png (378KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mhjbhbj.png
378KB, 1280x720px
BUMP. Such a pleasure to read you, guys.
>>
>>27968705
Didn't he sabotage the red skull when he found out he was an actual nazi?
>>
Dude, we haven't seen Discord since What About Discord?, which pretty soon will have aired a full year ago.

I hope the D&D episode is better....
>>
>>27969652
Spike is the new Discord, since the ember episode.
>>
File: justice.png (1MB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
justice.png
1MB, 1024x1024px
No. I'm reminded of Chaos from 40k, humans think Chaos is evil and it's pretty damn evil but in 40k the warp aka realm of souls is just a representation of all the thoughts and feelings of any species in their universe that possesses a soul including humans. So Tzeentch is actually Progress as much as he is Plotting, Nurgle is just as much Nature as he is Decay, Khorne is War just as much as he is Justice and even Slaanesh is Happiness just as much as she is uh...BDSMrapefuckPartyUntilYouDie.

So Discord is what's written on the tin - Discord. Only the scale of what he makes discordant changes, sometimes it's the whole world, sometimes just a single pony. He wouldn't just destroy shit or control everything, then there wouldn't be anything to make discordant.
>>
It's my headcanon that while Discord's powers are unstoppable/limitless he doesn't have too much control over them. He casts a spell with a certain intent and the spell does what he wants, except with other unpredictable effects too. For instance when he cast the spell to open the portal to trap treehugger in another dimension, he didn't know that the portal would lead to a sock puppet world or that it would try to suck whatever it could in.

It's kinda like the metronome attack in pokemon, he cast the spell with a certain intent, but how that happens or what happens after it is randomized.

When Discord uses basic magic -like summoning an object into existence- there's not really a lot that could go wrong so spells like that work out for him. But when he is casting a spell to make a gravy boat come to life, there are a lot of things that are randomized, like what the gravy boat is going to do with it's newfound life.
>>
>>27969148
So basically getting caught was his master plan
>>
>>27970271
Discord doesn't plan. Celestia and Luna just interrupted his chaos-causing that day so he had to deal with them.
>>
>>27968911
>I buy into the truce he makes since Discord knows that he would likely lose again and instead settles for partial freedom.

He breaks that truce though, whilst Harmony does eventually seem to prevail in Equestria, he ruled for such a long time that I don't think he automatically thinks he will be defeated anyway.
>>
>>27970284
Except he himself said this in the fucking s4 opener, so your headcanons and denial can go to hell.
>>
File: 1423785551228.png (437KB, 995x737px) Image search: [Google]
1423785551228.png
437KB, 995x737px
>>27969148
>>27968911
>Discord tricks the ponies into thinking they had lost their friendship stones and couldn't find them.

I don't think his thinking here was necessarily smart so much as just him taking everything as a game. He has the power to just hide the elements, we seem to have seen that and Celestia had to put a spell on them to protect them.

Since Discord knew about the tree of harmony, we can assume he knew about the Elements themselves too. If he wanted to, I assume he could have just taken the elements straight from them and his reign of chaos would resume. But that's not him and so instead he wanted them to think they won like the other anon said.

Back to the point, when he was freed again, he could have easily just hidden the Elements and gave the Main 6 no clue. But he wanted to break the bearers and he succeeded in doing it too.

Then he got overconfident and thought they were still broken, which led to his downfall once again. I don't quite get why he was so confident though, because the Ponies gained their colour back so he surely should have noticed they weren't grey? Spike noticed they were grey so I assume it was an actual noticeable change.

Then he comes back to be "reformed". Again, with his power, he could easily stop the Main 6 from ever using their elements on him. The elements themselves were protected, but the bearers weren't. He was literally placed alone with Fluttershy, he probably could have teleported away completely to his chaos realm or something of the like. He almost threw Tree Hugger to Senor Juevos, I assume he could do the same to an element bearer.
But again, he doesn't because he wanted to beat the Main 6 at their own game once again. And he does, but then realised he'd been outplayed on this occasion so he yielded.

That's what makes me think, is it really this easy for him? A little seriousness and what could get in his way?
>>
>>27970501
Exactly.
He is to overpowered, but like I said, he probably just got tired of winning 100% of the time.
It is like Galactus, that would be extremely boring to follow for long since he is practically invincible as long as he keeps eating planets or like Apocalypsis from X men.
>>
File: DapperFS.jpg (76KB, 691x767px) Image search: [Google]
DapperFS.jpg
76KB, 691x767px
So with all that power, If he was going to turn again, why join Tirek to do it?

Couldn't he just let Tirek watch from the sidelines? The elements were also non existent at the time, it was his for the taking surely.

He helped enable one of the most devastating villains which was pretty evil really
>>
Just a reminder, it's a show for little girls.
>>
>>27967494
>>27967406
Don't know how long Discord ruled but it seems without the elements literally all of Equestria was powerless against him. Don't know if a surprise attack or spell would even do much to him honestly.
Though I suppose he did have to dodge Tireks little laser beam at him so maybe it does some damage, but you've got to think if that's all it took someone would have pulled the trigger on him as he was ruling
>>
>>27970613
(You) (You) (You)
>>
File: 10 10.png (162KB, 562x526px) Image search: [Google]
10 10.png
162KB, 562x526px
Great discussion
>>
>>27970646
Thanks for the yous, anon.

It's so easy to piss you guys off :D
>>
>>27970682
>Implying you can piss off another b8
Here have another (You), on the house.
>>
>>27970644
Ponies are pushovers.
>>
>>27970673
It's nice to hear people talking about Discord again. It's been so long.
>>
>>27970692
Nice damage control. I bet newfags are totally convinced. Just admit you fell for my master ruse :^)
>>
File: 1426893869182.png (2MB, 4000x4050px) Image search: [Google]
1426893869182.png
2MB, 4000x4050px
>>27970722
Yeah sure.
Let's just move on and keep throwing hooks, shall we?
>>
>>27970735
Nah. I'm done for the day.
>>
File: Fluttershy is rad.png (337KB, 806x714px) Image search: [Google]
Fluttershy is rad.png
337KB, 806x714px
>>27970756
Whatever. More for me then.
>>
File: Batman_Going_Sane_TPB.jpg (85KB, 492x765px) Image search: [Google]
Batman_Going_Sane_TPB.jpg
85KB, 492x765px
>>27968705
He got some plastic surgery to get rid of his clown-appearance and tried becoming a moralfag normie after he thought he succeeded in killing Batman.
>>
>>27970695
Who else would really challenge him? Ponies rule Equestria lad
>>
>>27967406
>illness
I really hope you aren't basing this off the "Blue Flu". That "illness" that was literally just an excuse to fuck with Twilight.
>>
>>27971170
You miss the end of the episode where he legit gets sick?
>>
>>27971134
I imagine if Discord attempted to rule a Griffin-centric country he'd probably be met with somewhat more violent opposition.
>>
>>27971170
You should rewatch the end of Three's A Crowd.
>>
I wish I saved my posts last time this discussion popped up. I had posted mid season 4 after three's a crowd about how the guy basically is a devious child who never knew what friendship was.

Trying to cut things short. Basically, when he has a plan, he rolls through it until the end , when, upon success, genuinely believes he has become unstoppable and he had won in every way possible. He doesn't see any possible failure in his plans until the very last second because he is so sure there is no flaws in his plans. Never once do you ever see him consider there is a flaw in his plan until the end in all of his appearances. Even when S5 rolled around, this theory persisted. His moral friendship only extends to Fluttershy then distributes unevenly towards the other ponies until there is nothing. Twilight obviously getting the shortest end of the stick in this regard. I had more, but I'm lazy
>>
>>27970501
>I don't quite get why he was so confident though, because the Ponies gained their colour back so he surely should have noticed they weren't grey?
>>
File: what.jpg (31KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
31KB, 720x540px
Holy shit actual show discussion
>>
>>27970501
see>>27972500

The reason he didn't notice is the same reason he didn't even notice turning to stone the first time. It's because he thought he already won. When he was turned to stone the first time, he never saw the beam before, so he thought it was dumb as shit. The second time, he was so damn sure he already won that he only noticed he didn't when he saw the same rainbow beam. This pattern shows with all his plan attempts.
>>
what if discord doesn't have full control over his powers? like it's all RNG. he thinks "hey, let's do something to this road" something happens to it but he can't control what happens to it.
>>
File: 1310659376354.jpg (26KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
1310659376354.jpg
26KB, 500x378px
>>27967210
He literally doesn't take over the world because one waifu. He was never capable enough to really act as a villain. It was just Celestia and Luna who were shit at negotiation and diplomacy.

>lel he attacked as once so let's imprison him for thousands of years in stone, being aware of everything around him and without any form of reaching him or reformation until he breaks free again and give Celestia an idea that the elements might not be around him to stop him if she won't reform him now
>>
>>27967406
He is also easy to affect psychologically or emotionally, see Tirek and Fluttershy. Or even his episodes with Smooze or What about Discord.
>>
>>27967563
I feel like they going to introduce a female draconequus in the movie and completely mess up his unique god backstory
>>
>>27968911
Yet, he succumb to become FS friend only because he's a virgin and hopes that he gonna get laid if he's acting nice. He used to be a clever mastermind and now he's a beta fag who plays RPG's and make plans to make Twilight depressed.
>>
>>27967210

Like the Q he's based on, the amount of destruction he causes is more or less limited by his malice, and luckily he is not that malicious.
>>
>>27970599
>He helped enable one of the most devastating villains which was pretty evil really

He didn't think Tirek was that evil, and was kind of horrified when he realized what a blunder that was.
>>
>>27968911
>>
>I love how Discord understands that he can't beat harmony out right and has to make cunning schemes to out fox his adversaries. I buy into the truce he makes since Discord knows that he would likely lose again and instead settles for partial freedom.

Also that he could be powerful but miserable and alone or actually have friends. Kind of central to the whole show.
>>
>>27972500
>the infamous Discord dick pic
Oh the memories.
>>
>>27972500

He takes a special pleasure in tormenting Twilight because he's everything she despises.
>>
>>27972500

I think the reason Discord is like this is because he is immortal and, prior to Fluttershy, didn't care about anything that was mortal.

Being immortal, he has infinite time to retry any of his schemes. It doesn't matter if they fail. He can always try again.

Clearly, Discord has "won" and taken over Equestria before, so he isn't completely incompetent. Equestria was founded by the three tribes, but Discord was in power when the Sisters defeated him. He must have come to power some time in between.

Actually, that's what I am most interested to know: How did Discord succeed the first time? Celestia in RoH implies that he was in control for quite some time.

> Discord ... ruled in an eternal state of unrest and unhappiness
>>
>>27973644
>Actually, that's what I am most interested to know: How did Discord succeed the first time? Celestia in RoH implies that he was in control for quite some time.

They didn't have the EoH. They discovered them shortly before the battle against him that they won.
>>
File: 6336.jpg (580KB, 698x1024px) Image search: [Google]
6336.jpg
580KB, 698x1024px
Can we agree that Fluttershy single-handedly killed him off as a villain?
>>
Celestia would probably have to fry half the planet, but I'm sure she could beat him.
>>
>>27967210
There's no arguing that if Discord actually tried, no one could stop him. He could kill all 5 princesses with ease in less than 5 minutes if he wanted to.
>>
>>27973875

His power is somewhat finite.

All ponies in Equestria + Discord = All four alicorn Princesses

Twilight vs. Tirek was fought to a standstill.
>>
>>27973929
He can alter the shapes of anything and turn himself into inanimate objects.
I'm pretty sure that he could severely physically harm the princesses whenever they got their guard down.
>>
File: pupils dilate.webm (639KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pupils dilate.webm
639KB, 1280x720px
>>27973448
>He didn't think Tirek was that evil
Mate I don't know where you got this from. He was literally sent by Celestia to stop the great evil and Tirek was literally draining before his eyes. Before he powered up Discord could have rekt his shit. I remember at the time I bloody loved the scene in the alley where he's actually serious for a little while and outclasses Tirek with ease
>>
File: image.gif (1MB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1MB, 680x680px
Goddamit tfw he won't be in the movie
>>
>>27974035
Not to mention enjoyed Princesses getting punished and thrown to Tartarus. I'm pretty sure he enjoyed bullying the weak just like he enjoyed those ponies getting bind by the vines or that mailman getting eaten.
>>
>>27974104
The movie will probably bomb.

And neighter Shatner or Patrick Steward play any role in the movie so there's probably no Starswirl either.
>>
File: Comfy maneiac.webm (312KB, 696x392px) Image search: [Google]
Comfy maneiac.webm
312KB, 696x392px
>>27971942
Maybe, they'd rely more on brute force

Equestria still had the two Alicorn sisters though. If a surprise attack was really all it took, I think they would have done it and probably failed. Either that or they just didn't plan very well and always used overt attacks.

Which, honestly, might even be the case. Celestia's other plan was sending Discord to stop Tirek, which wasn't really the best of ideas.
Then after that, her plan of giving all Alicorn magic to Twilight seemed a bit odd too. Why Twilight specifically when there are three other Alicorns available and Twilight hasn't even assumed the Princess role for long?
The little reasoning she did say was that "Tirek doesn't know there's a fourth Alicorn", yet all 3 Princesses remained in a room with a big stained window showing the new Alicorn and Celestia very well knew Discord was with Tirek, who has knowledge of Twilight, so that reasoning seemed a bit odd.
>>
>>27969137
They above some random anon's headcanon in the hierarchy.
>>
>>27973723
He turned once but yeah, based Fluttershy sorted him out
>>
>>27973929
Tirek drained his magic but he didn't gain his abilities. Tirek's magic itself was pretty limited, in fact All we really saw him do was fire his laser beam. I don't think we've seen Discord launch any form of attack magic really, that's not to say he definitely can't, but maybe that's why he's never seemed to defeat the Princesses flat out.
The one time he seems to have tried was only with his plunder seeds and that was to presumably capture them forever, so maybe by that point he was getting a bit tired of constantly beating them and wanted it to end
>>
File: 1385455315429.png (33KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1385455315429.png
33KB, 250x250px
>>27969148
You think Discord knew Celestia and Luna would be the ones connected to the elements? How?

He obviously knew about the Tree of Harmony, whether he specifically knew about the Elements I'm not sure, but his plunder seeds seem to be made specifically to capture Celestia and Luna, when it could have been 6 other Ponies who were yielding them surely.

Unless he saw them take the elements since he had the plunder seeds in his hands even before they approached him and made their presence known.
>>
I don't see anything particularly out of line with Discord's redemption but I still wish they had kept him as a villain.
An all-powerful madman unmotivated by good or evil is the scariest big bad villain this show could ever have.
On the other hand when some big-strong-dumb like Tirek strolls out, the entire thing is predictably boring. Without Discord the season 4 finale would have been a real sleeper.
>>
>>27973242

It's hilarious how that fits with a lot of that nicely drawn tumblr headcanon.
>>
>>27973761
Alone?
>>
>>27974109
He wasn't there when the Princesses were sent to Tartarus was he?
>>
>>27972681
don't let it die
>>
why did Discord join Tirek bros
>>
Autistic headcanon time? Autistic headcanon time.

Twilight calls the mane 6 "the spirits of the Elements of Harmony" in part 2 of the series premiere. Discord also calls himself "the spirit of chaos and disharmony." Assuming both statements are true, I think it's safe to say that the mane 6 and Discord are somehow similar beings. My attempted explanation of this through comparing MLP to Star Wars is as follows:

>"Harmony" exists as a physical yet mystical thing in the MLPverse, like the Force from Star Wars
>The Harmony-Force can be broken down into multiple component pieces, its "Elements", just as the Force contains a light side and a dark side (and the Living Force and Cosmic Force for you anons here who know about that)
>The gems that we usually call the EoH are actually a physical manifestation of the real Elements, as are the mane 6 (although to a lesser extent)
>Disorder is necessary for the existence of order, so chaos is also a part of harmony
>Chaos is harmony's "dark side"; it is necessary and natural, but can become evil and oppressive if someone delves too deep into it
>Discord is a physical manifestation of the chaos part of harmony
>Magic, generosity, kindness, loyalty, honesty, and laughter are the components of the "light side"
>>
I want Discord to fight against true order and harmony where nothing can flourish, everything is bleak and organised, aseptic to life and chaos.

Evil alicorn Twilight OCD freak control mode.
>>
My headcanon is that even after getting his magic "drained" by Tirek, Disord still could've obliterated him with a snap of fingers.
He didn't do it not because he "couldn't", but because he "didn't wan't to". Maybe due to legit shock and feeling like shit after being betrayed.
>>
File: 1438532506628.jpg (525KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1438532506628.jpg
525KB, 1920x1080px
>>27968527
>What's with all this morality talk? Are you insinuating morality exists, or are we discussing it from a societal viewpoint?
>>
>>27972500
>that picture
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHbfr3TrNLg
>>
>>27973678

First, I was talking specifics. How did Discord demoralize the previous rulers? He wouldn't have been satisfied with just winning with a snap of his fingers. He would have toyed with them and got to hand over power. It could be an interesting story.

Second, It doesn't make sense that the Elements were the difference. The show has demonstrated several times that harmony magic is usable without directly having the physical elements. Why couldn't any ponies use it before the Sisters got the elements.

It also doesn't make sense that the Elements were undiscovered before the Sisters, either. The flashback shows that Celestia knows what they are when she and Luna find them.

>>27973929

Only if you assume that a) Tirek actually got Discord's full power. I still think it plausible that Discord new he would be double-crossed from the beginning and the whole thing was a plot to help Twilight get her key. and b) Tirek understood how to use Discord's power. Magic in the show is not something that can be used without training, and Discord's magic is different from ponys'.

>>27971942

Why would he attack griffins? They were already disharmonious. Discord targets ponies because they currently have the most harmonious society.
>>
>>27968515
This. I think if we try to imagine a character who's discord, but calculating and methodical, then it's not chaos incarnate anymore - it's simply some really OP dude. I'd expect that after a while, we'll realize that he was never evil per se, but that being spontaneous is basically as fundamental to him as breathing.
>>
>>27980255
>Hey, he stole my magic!
>I'll get him back, with all this magic I have!
>?
>>
>>27979219
like actually why
for what purpose
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.