[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Welp, story time. >be me. >around the hasjew booth at comic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: toucan_ccireg_kg.jpg (110KB, 700x465px) Image search: [Google]
toucan_ccireg_kg.jpg
110KB, 700x465px
Welp, story time.
>be me.
>around the hasjew booth at comic con international yesterday.
>see some really spunky guy giving out freebies.
>normally hasjew sends executives out and whatnot, i asked him who he was.
>said he was a toy designer for the GoH line.
>nerd out just a bit, and i tell him that the GoH line is very well done...
>also designed the minifigures.
>asked a couple of things, first off he does watch the show and he is a fan.
>the solid figures with the solid plastic hair is doing much much better than the barbie haired figures.
now here's where it gets interesting.
>so our conversation ends, and i am now sitting in front of the glass behind a few GoH toys.
>he approaches me, and asks me what would be a decent fanservice followup to GoH.
>thought for a moment and said "I want a toyline exploring the adult versions of all the children in the show, like a fully grown flurry heart and CMC in battle armor, also asked about something to make in the style of celestia and luna, and i replied 'Armour clad steven magnet and the hydra'

i just think it would be good to say this, because if this does happen, it would be neat to know that some anon came up with the idea for a followup GoH toyline.

also as a note, the overall quality of their booth is fantastic, seeing as all the vectors aren't made by a second party, it seems. the panel had all the M6 plus spike, jim and megan, but you all probably know that- but good on hasjew
>>
Satan was here
>>
>>27966652
Correction- he was THE designer for the GoH line, not a designer.
>>
>>27966652
Do you like Spike? I like the GoH line because elf the focus on Spike.
>>
I wonder if there is a series planned for it.
>>
>>27966652
>be me
Stopped reading there.
>>
File: image.jpg (88KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88KB, 1200x630px
>>27966652
>grown adult
>playing with toys for children
>>
>>27966808
>grown adult
>giving a single fuck about what other people think of your hobbies and interstates
>>
>>27966829
>interstates

You must be from America.
>>
Was his name Kevin Evans?
>>
>>27966656
ONE FUCKING JOB
>>
File: 1427677466887.jpg (12KB, 182x183px) Image search: [Google]
1427677466887.jpg
12KB, 182x183px
>>27966890
:(

checkum
>>
Seriously, what part about being a brony necessitates you buy and hoard children's toys?

I mean I know it's all about infantilism, but I do wonder who explicitly made this the norm amongst you people.
>>
>>27966919
Seriously, what part about being a brony necessitates you buy and watch children's cartoons?
I mean I know it's all about infantilism, but I do wonder who explicitly made thi the norm amongst you people.
>>
>>27966919
It's like stamp collecting, except relevant to another facet of your life.
>>
>>27966919
Some people just enjoy collecting things anon. And "for children" doesn't have to always mean "bad" or "adults aren't allowed to like it. " get over yourself and stop being so hung up on other people's interests
>>
>>27966952
>And "for children" doesn't have to always mean "bad" or "adults aren't allowed to like it. "

The fact that you even have to state that means there's something wrong
>>
>>27966959

this is /mlp

something is ALWAYS wrong
this place is more fucked up than a Fucked Up Machine at a Fucked Up Factory.
>>
>>27966959
The fact that he had to state that really means there's something wrong with you. You realize 4chan has an entire board dedicated to toy collecting, right?
>>
File: 1466969188342.png (404KB, 1264x711px) Image search: [Google]
1466969188342.png
404KB, 1264x711px
>>27966919
I know this may seem foreign to s reptilian like yourself but us humans usually like to decorate our personally spaces with things that we like, shocking right?
>>
File: Discord-Fluttershy-Welove-fine-3.jpg (96KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Discord-Fluttershy-Welove-fine-3.jpg
96KB, 1000x1000px
>>27966919
I collect animation maquettes and the nicer toy sculpts. Maquettes are the sculptures that companies like Disney and Pixar create when they are working on an animated film, to help the artists/animators better visualize the characters for drawings and inspiration. Maquettes can run from $300 on up, but most can never be purchased. Sometimes special editions are made or older maquettes come on the market.

Toy figures are basically like cheap maquettes. In fact, a lot of toys for feature films are based on the production maquettes.

These new GoH figures are particularly nice as they have more detail on them and are better sculpted than the usual MLP toys. The only MLP figures I actually own are that WeLoveFine Discord/Fluttershy sculpture and the new Celestia and Nightmare Moon GoH figures. I'm not that interested in the moveable "action" toys but I'd love to see more nice sculptures like Celestia.
>>
>>27966652
Thanks anon for offering that toy designer a good suggestion for future GoH toys/spin-off.

I also wouldn't mind seeing spinoff series with an older CMC and their friends. I suppose Flurry Heart would end up being the CMC's age, but that would be okay -- she could carry on the work of the Crusaders.

Thanks also for NOT suggesting something like Fallout Equestria. Hasbro doesn't want a MLP toy line/series based on the end of a world.
>>
>>27966863
jealous of our interstates anon?
>>
The fuck is GOH? I'm not up to date with all your fancy schmancy acronyms you young whippersnappers are using these days
>>
>>27967803
GoH = Guardians of Harmony.

GoH is a new My Little Pony toy line (and possible MLP spin-off) created for more general audiences of fantasy and sword/sorcery. GoH is meant for girls AND boys but also has some higher-quality items intended for older fans and collectors.
>>
>>27966652
Did you see the LEGO Dimensions panel?
>>
>>27967990
I learned something today. Thanks anon.
>>
>>27966808
i would consider warhammer minis toys does not make me any less of an adult to collect or "play" with them
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.