[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>elements of harmony >HARMONY >one of them is super

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

File: latest[1].png (345KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
345KB, 1280x720px
>elements of harmony
>HARMONY
>one of them is super special and way more important than the others
>that's not what harmony is.

I know Harmony =/= Equality, but Twilight as least deserves a necklace just like everyone else. I cry foul.
>>
>>27950136
Maybe it is a necklace, and she's been wearing it upside down, edgelord.
>>
>>27950136
>They were used to take down dictators.
>A dictator used them once to stop a coup.
>The ones who represent them now live in a castle.
They are harmonious by name only, they should be called the elements of power.
>>
>>27950147
>Twilight's so dumb she wears her necklace on her head.
>Nobody wants to correct her or she will go into an autistic fit and grow wings or something.
>>
>>27950136
MAYBE TWILIGHT IS THE MAIN FUCKING CHARACTER AND EVEN LAUREN NYX FAUST KNEW IFUJSAHKDBJASHDJBSA
>>
>>27950147
What if the other necklaces are crowns and the rest of the cast was wearing those wrong?
>>
>>27950159
Being the main character does not automatically grant you the ability to break the established rules of your own canon.

>we're all totally equal and harmonious
>except twilight
>some of us are more equal than others
>>
File: ....gif (1MB, 400x320px) Image search: [Google]
....gif
1MB, 400x320px
>>27950174
It was a metaphor for feminism!
>>
File: 1466905993113.png (143KB, 393x546px) Image search: [Google]
1466905993113.png
143KB, 393x546px
>>27950174
>Being the main character does not automatically grant you the ability to break the established rules of your own canon.
>>
File: full[1].gif (112KB, 434x434px) Image search: [Google]
full[1].gif
112KB, 434x434px
>>27950187
>>
>>27950136
leaders always get something distinct to tell them apart
>>
>>27950222
Is that why Trump wears a ferret on his head?
>>
>>27950136
What the fuck are you on about? If you know that harmony =/= equality, then what's your problem with it?
>>
>>27950286
Harmony does refer to an agreement between things, and Twilight's crown breaks that
>>
>>27950153
>The pony princess has no crown
>>
>>27950296
How so? Agreement between a superior and a subordinate is still harmony.
>>
>>27950164

>implying they're all going to be princesses at some point.
>>
>>27950955
not for edgy anarchist kids on the internet
>>
File: agreement.jpg (63KB, 630x356px) Image search: [Google]
agreement.jpg
63KB, 630x356px
>>27950955
But they're not in agreement. Pic related. There's no consistency between Twilight's power and the others. She's far more powerful.
>>
>>27950987
it's not about power, twilight needs them to defeat NMM, and they need her to lead, it's a mutual agreement
>>
>>27951015
That's not harmony though. I agree with you here, but I think it's a misnomer.
>>
>>27951033
you can also interpret "harmony" as what they aim to achieve in their world, not their internal relations
>>
>>27950147

It's a crown on a little unicorn mare.

Flip it upside down and it's a small alicorn sized peytral.
>>
>>27951056
That is an excellent point. The "elements" themselves are not harmonious with one another because they merely create harmony.

Alright, looks like this internet argument is yours, good sir.
>>
File: PrincessTwilight.png (5KB, 126x125px) Image search: [Google]
PrincessTwilight.png
5KB, 126x125px
>>27950136
>one of them is super special and way more important than the others

Yee, it's as if it was foreshadowing something.
>>
>>27950987
Twilight's power comes from her knowledge and magical ability. Any power from the actual elements has been equal, plus they are all the same size roughly when you remove the decorative case
>>27950136
>>
>>27950987
I'm not seeing the discrepancy. The Element of Magic has no power without the other Elements, and all of the Element bearers have to be in harmony with each other in order for it to function. Twilight can't force the other Elements to work for her.

Bearing in mind that Twilight's individual magical ability =/= the power level of the Element of Magic itself.

>>27951033
In what sense is a mutual agreement NOT harmony?
>>
>>27950153
>anon im smart

>>27950164
Don't worry anon they'll all wear it the right way and get their wings and horns

>>27951076
I was thinking the same thing
>>
>>27951159
>Any power from the actual elements has been equal
Yet she activates them, and seems to be the nexus when they use them, and they turned her into an alicorn

>>27951160
>The Element of Magic has no power without the other Elements, and all of the Element bearers have to be in harmony with each other in order for it to function
But the Element of Magic is still more powerful. Twilight herself, that is. Her dependence on the others does not make them equal.

>In what sense is a mutual agreement NOT harmony?
I was speaking of the Element's magical ability, not their opinions
>>
>>27951204
That's because her element is the connective point of the others, that's not the same as having superior power. And her transformation didn't affect the elements power, it only increased hers
>>
>>27951265
>That's because her element is the connective point of the others, that's not the same as having superior power. And her transformation didn't affect the elements power, it only increased hers
>it only increased hers
That is my point, anon. She is the Element of Magic. The other Elements made her more powerful than themselves, after the spell she cast in MMC. That is not harmonious unless we follow >>27951056
>>
We need the elements back, or at least their power to be present again
>>
>>27951284
>>27951204
I'm not sure how their magical abilities as individuals is relevant to their being in harmony, or how an inequality in terms of magical power equates to them not being equals. All of the ponies have different abilities and talents. Why single out Twilight's magic for criticism?
>>
>>27951284
I see your point, but to be fair it's always been really unclear what exactly made twilight an alicorn. Was it the elements being restored? Twilight simply acomplishing enough to reach the status? Celestia deeming her worthy or finishing starswirls spell? This presents the problem of a lack of information
>>
>>27951336
I was going off the fact that the original spell caused the elements to change, the memory spell caused them to switch back, and the remade spell caused the elements to shoot twilight with lasers, and then she became an alicorn.
>>
>>27951333
Also I would point out that Twilight was already the most powerful Element bearer even before she became an alicorn. In fact Rarity is the only other member with any magical ability at all.
>>
>>27951365
What about pegasi and earth pony magic?
>>
File: 1423704670044.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1423704670044.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>27950136
>>27951106
I frankly suspect Hasbro decided Twilight should have a tiara independent of whatever Faust wanted.
>>
>>27951350
If that's the case I would have to say the spell is to blame and the affect of the elements is indirect. And even in that particular case I think the elements are tied to something deeper than just raw magical power. Like>>27951333
Said, the harmony isn't solely based on magical power, I think it's more about maintaining harmony in the equestrian world
>>
>>27951372
Pegasi and earth ponies possess magic, yes, but it is something they are imbued with. They cannot manipulate or employ it directly. Hence, no magical ability. That's the distinction I make, anyway, unless the show contradicted that at some point.
>>
>>27951414
So >>27951056? This is headcanon now, actually, after arguing in the thread.

>>27951423
I think they said pegasi used magic directly to fly/manipulate weather/etc.
>>
File: 1451337373327.jpg (34KB, 600x441px) Image search: [Google]
1451337373327.jpg
34KB, 600x441px
>>27950136
Because magic(friendship) blows the shit outa all of the rest of the elements. It is the strongest force because friendship utalizes the rest of the elements along with itself. The other 5 elements are merley five parts of the whole harmony but at the same time Magic is nothing without the other five. Do you understand?
>>
>>27951427
It's all I can assume about the shows definition of harmony, but again the actual magical power of the elements is equal. In the instance of twilicorn it's unclear and can't be attributed to the elements alone
>>
>>27950136
Alright, but just because Twilight has a crown doesn't diminish the importance of each element and its bearer. In the RoH Spike was in place for Dash and the elements couldn't be used to defeat Discord. If the elements were used to defeat Discord again in KCaFO, Fluttershy refusing to use her element against Discord would have again rendered the rest useless. She could have a necklace but that wouldn't change anuthing in a practical sense.
>>
>>27951427
But their internal relations ARE in harmony. What difference does Twilight's power level make? Even if they were all equal in terms of magical power, they would still be unequal in other areas - "special talents" and what not.

Uniformity is not a prerequisite of harmony. In fact, it is its opposite.
>>
>>27950136
I'm calling bullshit on the Elements of Harmony. They're clearly fucking fake. What are the odds that the generation of ponies that find them have their cutie marks match the symbols that SUPPOSEDLY represent the various elements?
>Apple
How the fuck does an apple represent honesty?
>>
>>27951602
Didn't they take those forms only after being destroyed? I'm pretty sure Twilight's cutie mark is the only one that matches the original.
>>
>>27951632
yeah, other than the magic one, the others look like rupees before they get a bearer
>>
>>27950174
No one said that harmonious meant equal, Starlight.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.