[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2016/ 07/bronycon-coverage-mlp

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: whit.jpg (287KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
whit.jpg
287KB, 1200x900px
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2016/07/bronycon-coverage-mlp-idw-comic.html#more

>"As for what is going on with Guardians of Harmony, well Jeremy Whitley did reveal that he wrote a couple of the scripts for those comics"

Guardians of Harmony was going to be so great. Hasbro needs to buy a fucking comic company and do everything in house like they did with Boulder.
>>
>>27903281
FAT
>>
>>27903281

>princeless in a MLP con

Nobody actually buy his comic that he need to shill that shit every fucking time.

Literally the M.A Larson of the comic verse
>>
>>27903327
I saw Jenn Blake at a con and she had some art she drew for Princeless- it's the only good art that Princeless has ever gotten. I'm sure being by a lesbian artist was enough for Whitley to cream himself.
>>
>>27903340
The covers look nice.
>>
>>27903281
>still letting SJWs write for them
why?
>>
File: pukingblood.png (218KB, 430x493px) Image search: [Google]
pukingblood.png
218KB, 430x493px
>>27903384
He writes fast. I just hope only Price did the GoH comics.

>A GoH comic drawn by Fosgitt
>pic related
>>
>>27903384

Nobody "with experience" want to work in the MLP comic, they already loss two writers already
>>
>>27903340

>Jenn Blake at a con and she had some art she drew for Princeless

Why sde don't return to the MLP comic already?
>>
>>27903449
Jeremy Whitley got her to work on his shit. Says in the article she's doing one more thing for MLP then going to do stuff for him.
>>
File: BkdwVYCCQAAo2jk.png (222KB, 536x484px) Image search: [Google]
BkdwVYCCQAAo2jk.png
222KB, 536x484px
>>27903281
Whitley's content is shit, but seeing him in a panel I was attending at BronyCon last week made me think he *could* and I say that loosely because I don't know him personally be a lot more amusing outside of his content. Either way, he's still a faggot, and not the artist Hasbro needs.
>>
>>27903471
He's a writer, not an artist. He just needs the restriction of "no new characters at all under any circumstance" or he will go insane with them.
>>
>>27903429
What about fanfic writers?
>>
File: 291782.png (545KB, 3000x3285px) Image search: [Google]
291782.png
545KB, 3000x3285px
>>27903457

Why everything i like is destroyed? Why Jeremy only use the MLP comic just to promote and get artist for his SJW comic?
>>
>>27903501
I wish the fucker would just move on. He works with Marvel, he has his own Eisner-winning comic series, and plenty of recognition. He needs to leave MLP alone.
>>
>>27903482

>fanfic writers
>"with experience"

They only hire writers that actually have real experience in the comic franchise.

Also Bobby just don't care about MLP
>>
>>27903501
He knows the fanbase is huge, so he will shill anyway he can to promote his work, it's nothing new. People have been doing it for years around here. But it will not go his way if people like us know how bad he is.

>>27903481
You'd think Hasbro would put some kind of restriction with IDW writers just as much as they do with the ones on the show at this point. unless he's using a loophole
>>
>>27903621
Well Whitley is known for testing the limits. He wanted to give Discord a sister and explore Zecora's background, both of which Hasbro flatly rejected.
>>
>http://www.equestriadaily.com/2016/07/bronycon-coverage-mlp-idw-comic.html#more
>The second was an idea to delve into Zecora's backstory

Just imagine the beautiful shitstorm of another nigger character ruined by jeremy
>>
>>27903660
The idea to give Discord a sister is shit, but the Zecora background idea ain't half bad. as long as they have a GOOD writer for it
>>
>>27903766
Especially because it basically was just what Fluttershy's role is for Discord.

Hasbro didn't even let zebras in the background as minor characters, they're keeping a firm hold on anything substantial relating to zebras at all it seems.
>>
>>27903660
>both of which Hasbro flatly rejected.

This pretty much proves the comics are canon.

If they weren't, they would just let them do what the fuck ever they want. But instead they insist on preventing even potential show conflicts.
>>
>>27903789
Nah, it's more that the show would rather cover things. The newest comics couldn't even sell 11k issues, it really makes no sense for it to tie into the show.
>>
>>27903700

>Zecora's backstory
>by Jeremy

The butthurt would be legendary.
>>
>>27903781
NO. ZIGGERS. ALLOWED.
>>
>>27903781
Maybe because Zebras in Equestria are like how humans are there, endangered, or extinct. That can make a pretty good head canon...
>>
I remember somebody posted some pages from Princeless and it was really silly. As in, the entire fictional universe fit that whole "victim blaming, male gaze, soggy knees" thing, and as a consequence everybody was kind of pants-on-head retarded about everything. Any work of fiction that acts like the mewling feminists vision of the world is real comes off as kind of wonky - people don't really think like that most of the time. They don't generally act like feminists say they do, and when they do it's usually the exception or a confirmation bias.
>>
>>27903950
I wonder what /co/ thinks of it in general- like you said the whole comic is kind of like this pandering BS towards the progressives in the comic industry and isn't how people actually act.
>>
>>27903972
If it's SJW related, you know for sure they aren't gonna take it lightly.
>>
You know what WOULD be interesting that we'll never get from Feminist thinkers? A comic about a lesbian soldier or whatever in a universe where the ideology against homosexuality were true. One where if you don't have kids to remember your family line, your whole family ceases to exist and has no afterlife. Like it's this horrible fate and this cruel, insensitive thing, but the main character can't help that she's gay and has to grapple with the albatross around her neck.

Instead of, y'know, acting like everybody is the world is just too stupid to see how things actually are. I feel like Feminism is just the new-wave hippy thing where everybody pretends their minds are open even though they're not very smart or creative and they don't know what they're talking about.
>>
>>27903281
So GoH is just a comic series?
>>
>>27904132

Yes, Hasbro don't want to take any risk
>>
>>27904132
>>27904157
The GOH trademark specifically says that there's going to be SOME sort of animated feature for it.

it could be a 10 minute long thing like those crappy shorts they show on youtube for their furreal pets, or it could be something bigger.
But there WILL be at least something small in animated form to be in keeping with their copyright trademark.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.