[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am legitimately upset at the fact that even though I joined

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 12

File: 1453604712118.png (123KB, 475x475px) Image search: [Google]
1453604712118.png
123KB, 475x475px
I am legitimately upset at the fact that even though I joined this fanbase in the mid-season hiatus of Season 5, that whenever I finished an episode that I really liked and want to talk with other fans about it, I can't fucking find anyone willing to do so without being careless and abhorrent! This really urked me after I finished the finale of Season 3, and after seeing the shocking event that took place, like any excited fan, I wanted to talk about with someone. But NO! Everyone that I attempted to talk to about the earlier episodes of the show were pompous asshats who couldn't give two shits about a decent conversation concerning the older episodes, or were too full of themselves wanting to give any decent talking points or legitimate debate all because they saw it already and I didn't! I can say for certain that this is the only thing that really pisses me off beyond all belief concerning MLP.
>>
File: urafaget.jpg (58KB, 368x375px) Image search: [Google]
urafaget.jpg
58KB, 368x375px
>>27901761
whine whine bitch bitch
keep crying, faggot
>>
File: stfu.jpg (184KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
stfu.jpg
184KB, 1136x640px
>>27901761
>>
>>27901761
Some people are gross.
If you remind me what happens in any given episode, I might have something to say about it...

I should re-marathon the show
>>
>>27901776
>>
>>27901761
I had a legit conversation about a S3 episode right here like two weeks ago. It's not impossible. But unfortunately MMC is still a magnet for shitposts.
>>
>>27901822
All I'm asking is to have someone that I could talk to about certain episodes, man. I've got a lot on my chest and I want to hear what others might want to say and how they felt about it. Although the first two anons are nothing more than shitposters who can go fuck themselves for all I care!
>>
>>27901847
Well that's a slight relief. Again, I can barely find anyone who can legitimately carry on a conversation about the show. All I get are the same pompous shitposters who think they're absolutely fucking hilarious because they post shitty image macros!
>>
>>27901849
>>27901761
>>>/reddonychandaily/
>>
>>27901849
So say some of those chest-dwelling things. It'll be just like a green post
>>
>>27901906
I might as well give it a shot, although I'm still afraid any thread made on the topic will be met with meaningless shitposts as most of these threads do.
>>
>>27901761

thats because mlp is a meme, nobody cares about the cartoon
>>
>>27901906
In fact, I may as well offer something myself. I'm watching The Last Roundup right now and I don't like how my favorite pony sounds differently than she does in Slice Of Life. Also, it's the edited version, so I have this awkward feeling since I have heard the Derpy namedrop before.
>>
>>27901975
but other than that tiny gripe, this episode is HILARIOUS
>>
>>27901975
I see your consensus. I'm really easy, since Derpy is such a lovable character. Her voice wouldn't really make a difference, but I see your point of contention.
>>
>>27901761
I'm usually up for discussion and debate on any episode and try to look for those threads, but you have to consider that every episode older than like a few months has been discussed to death, especially highly contentious ones like Magical Mystery Cure. Many people will just think you're there to start shit or retread a debate that has been had over and over. And of course you'll get some shitposters, this is 4chan after all.
>>
>>27901869
literally kill yourself
>>
>>27902058
That's silly. There will always be those of the uninitiated who are seeing the episodes for the first time. And I should think that the Anons who participated would quickly supply some previous points, in case the new ones come up with something fresh.... Or wait, where am I?
>>
>>27902058
Well, that definitely is depressing especially being that I joined the fandom so late, and all I want to do is have sensible discourse on the episode at hand. Man, I'm just really depressed now... It feels like I missed out on so much, and I don't have the opportunity to buy that time back...
>>
>>27902100
I would like to think that there are people like myself who haven't seen all the episodes up until now, but it seems as if all these fans of the show have been on this ride far longer than I ever was, and they just don't care anymore.

Also, check 'em.
>>
>>27902132
>but it seems as if all these fans of the show have been on this ride for far longer
While this may be true, it is less true than you think. Well, probably. I need to finish season 2 and the second quarter of season 6 before i'm current.

I hate being current.
>>
>>27902107
>>27902132
Well, I also joined late (started watching in September '13, started coming here mid-'14) and am really sad I didn't find this earlier because I seem to have missed the golden age of the fandom. But even though I like discussion, I usually just look at what kind of threads are up and don't make them myself, since I don't really have a lot to discuss myself. So I mostly just join discussions on current episodes.
>>
>>27902358
I feel that pain as well, buddy. As for me, I didn't join the fandom until July of 2015. By then, I felt as if the fandom was dying...
>>
>>27901761
The way you presented this complaint makes it difficult to sympathize. Though I do agree there's a need for less vitriolic show discussion on /mlp/, I'm not sure you and I feel the same way about it.
>>
File: check dubs.png (364KB, 507x469px) Image search: [Google]
check dubs.png
364KB, 507x469px
>>27902544
I watched the first season more or less as it aired, but was turned off by how self-aware the show became by the second season and dropped it until early this year.
I feel that pain too. Fortunately this means there are hours and thousands of stories on the pastebins to read.

I'm an egghead
>>
>>27901975
I wasn't especially attached to the voice, so changing that part wasn't too bad, but hearing it without the name still feels a bit like a slap in the face.

Apart from the name, though, Derpy's been handled exceptionally well in her more recent appearances.
>>
>>27902618
Not calling her by her name is for the best though, because her name is now Muffins for Hasbro legal. So by not calling her that in the episode, she can still implicitly be Derpy for fans (I do think considering Muffins to just be a nickname is fine too, but not calling her any name in the episode prevents a lot of unnecessary drama).
>>
>>27901761
>I joined this fanbase in the mid-season hiatus of Season 5

Same here. What made you join?
>>
File: ditzy_doo_flying.png (697KB, 1054x971px) Image search: [Google]
ditzy_doo_flying.png
697KB, 1054x971px
>>27902618
oh yes, I meant it that way. Tabitha did a much better job with Derpy in SoL

>>27902722
personally I prefer filename related
>>
>>27902722
Leaving the name out in Slice of Life is fine, but removing it from The Last Roundup hurt.
>>
>>27902743
Well of course, but I took "more recent appearances" to mean, well, recent appearances, like season 5.
>>
>>27902806
Ah, miscommunicated there- I meant that she's been handled well except that they called her Muffins in the credits. Giving her a generic name like "Gray Mare" or calling her Ditzy Doo would have been okay.
>>
>>27902868
Yeah, but that's probably something the lawyers told them to do so they cover their bases. Annoying, but inevitable. Like Coco being Miss Pommel from now on.
>>
>>27902894
Yeah... What was the event surrounding Coco Pommel, exactly? My friend mentioned it but his explanation was rather uninformative.
>>
>>27902894
I'm somewhat less annoyed by that one since they chose a fitting name for her.
>>
>>27902931
Avoiding any clashes with the Coco Chanel trademark. They've always been very careful with names, so in hindsight it's actually more surprising they greenlighted that in the first place.
>>
>>27901761
I've been here since 2012, and the discussion never was anything to be proud of or look forward to. Even when a brand new CMC-focused episode airs, people refuse to seriously discuss it. It'll get a unanimous "that was mediocre" because it's not about their waifu, then it'll never be brought up again. I envy spikefags who can get deep discussion for his every expression and comment.
>>
File: sweetie_scrunch.png (96KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
sweetie_scrunch.png
96KB, 380x380px
>>27902980
ohhh, a silly trademark thing.

I'm very unworldly.
>>
>>27902739
>personally I prefer filename related
This.
People often bring up that Lauren said Ditzy Doo was a different pony, but if you heard AKR's original lyrics for the Smile song Derpy gets name-dropped as "Derpy Doo" rather than "Derpy Hooves", which leads me to believe Ditzy Doo was going to be the original name and AKR inserted the fan-made first name and either forgot or opted out of using the fan-made last name.

But I digress, in my mind her full name is Ditzy Doo and Derpy is just a nickname.
>>
>>27901761
>MMC

You might as well have asked a Turk about the Armenian Genocide.

Welcome to the Herd, btw.
>>
>>27903007
Well, where would you go for more in-depth discussion?
>>
>>27901761
That's what friends are for. Here, we only discuss the latest news, granted; everything else has already been discussed to death.
>>
>>27903232
His friends are unlikely to be into pony. If they were he'd be ridiculed for being so far behind.
>>
>>27903232
>>27903246
>tfw your pony friends are really just fans of the fanbase
not OP
>>
File: 86473256.gif (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
86473256.gif
2MB, 640x360px
i enjoyed MMC and was excited for twilight.
>>
>>27903125
I've only ever hung around here, so I don't know. I'm just saying I'm used to being disappointed by "show discussion" here and that you really didn't miss out that badly if you're kind of new.
>>
File: absolutely disgusting.png (152KB, 331x363px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely disgusting.png
152KB, 331x363px
>>27901761
>I joined this fanbase in the mid-season hiatus of Season 5
>>
File: you fucked up nigga.gif (288KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
you fucked up nigga.gif
288KB, 640x360px
>>27903290
I joined the ride in that time too, m8
u wanna go u wanna fight ill fight u erl
>>
File: Yes hello, this is berd.png (320KB, 515x450px) Image search: [Google]
Yes hello, this is berd.png
320KB, 515x450px
>>27901761
Hey
That's a long text you got there
Just go somewhere else fgt
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.