[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Miracle CYOA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 248
Thread images: 36

File: 315.png (18KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
315.png
18KB, 1000x1000px
Catch up at: https://www.anonpone.com/miracle/
Or if you want a quick start, read the char list: https://qt.catbox.moe/3c98e8
INV:
>AJ: Crystal ball, Hat (Worn), Humorous cow statuette, Cross necklace, Strange cross amulet, Peaches, Locked box, Whiskey, Keys
>Mirria: Cape (Worn), 1 pen, Binoculars (Worn), Ankh necklace (Worn)
Objectives:
-Reach the top of the tower.
--Find paper for Mirria.
--Find Winona.
>>>
>>27887816
"She's my friend."
"She says she is, but nearly everything here has tried to hurt us at least once." Mirria pauses for a moment, then writes. "It's not that I don't want to trust your judgement, I just don't want a reason to regret it. Can you keep an eye open? I don't want more than that."
>>
>>27893509
Okay. I will keep an eye open. But I really do trust her.

What about Rarity's inventory?
>>
>>27893987
"I'll try to. But I do trust her." I add. She nods, relaxing slightly. "Can you give me one second?"
She nods again, and I poke my head out of the door.
"Do you have anything on you?" I whisper.
"Only a key I found a while ago," She whispers back, taking it from her mane, "In the same room as that ruffian." She whispers, "It seems like he went away already."
>>
>>27894045
Can Rarity come in if she closes her eyes first? What if she takes off her mask first? We promise not to look. I'm still not sure how much of the differences between what we all see is real or not.

If not, maybe she can double check the other door's rooms while we check out this one. I'd rather not split up from her.
>>
>>27894780
"Have you tried closing your eyes?"
"I am afraid it didn't work." She shakes her head,
"And taking off your mask? We won't look."
She winces, but nods, "Do turn your backs on me. I wouldn't want to hurt you."
I nod, and tell Mirria to turn her back on Rarity. She clearly dislikes it, but we walk to the other side of the hallway and close our eyes.
There's a sound like cloth being torn off, and I have to try resisting the sudden, overbearing need to turn around, to see her face one las--
It stops as suddenly as it started.
"No, I still can't as much as see it." Rarity pauses for a moment, "I can wait you here, if you want me to."
>>
>>27895044
Okay. Sorry Rarity. Have a hug before we leave you behind. I promise we'll be back.

Check out the guest door first, then M, then R. I imagine R might be the most interesting, so let's save it for last.
>>
File: 316.png (10KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
316.png
10KB, 1000x1000px
>>27895126
"Will you be fine?"
"I'll shout if anything happens, don't worry," She grabs me in a hug, and I do my best to hug her back despite how cold she feels.
I go back in and enter the guests room with Mirria. The... minotaurish-looking skeletons turn their heads to us, and make curtsies when we open the door.
The room is... blandly pleasant is the only description I can think of. There is a green screen glowing softly in a wall.
>>
>>27895485
Look in the dresser. If there's nothing interesting go to the screen and look at that.
>>
>>27895868
We open the dresser. It's mostly filled with food and water, and has some miscellaneous things in the lower shelves such as board games and art-making resources. Mirria grabs a notebook with a smile and turns around to write down something in the table, gesturing at me to keep checking the room.
I really need to work in understanding the wing-gesturing better at some point. I can't understand half her words.
I turn to the screen. It has a small keyboard below, and a note duck-taped to it.
The screen simply says "Protocol 0 enabled. Press any key to enable assistant."
I scan the keyboard, then turn to Mirria, "This is telling me I should press an any key. I don't see it."
She gives the keyboard a confused look and returns to her drawing with a shrug.
>>
>>27896096
There is what look like a large hidden panel behind the dresser. Just put our hoof on the keyboard to see what happen.
>>
>>27896096
If you can't find the any key, just press any key.
>>
File: 317.png (11KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
317.png
11KB, 1000x1000px
>>27896144
>>27896211
I press a random key, hoping nothing will break, and the monitor dies.
Before I can do anything there's a faint sizzling sound, and a voice comes from something under the floor.
"Please do not- not- not- not- not-- be afaird-- afraid. Assistance systems ready for deploying..."
A shape emerges from the floor, not unlike the glow of unicorn magic, and looks at me with a soft smile.
"Systems are-- systems are-- systems are operating at minimal capacity. Configuring systems..." Its mouth is heavily out of sync with the voice, and stops moving nearly a minute after the voice fades. "Systems adjusted to preset-- present situation. You are in a protocol zero situation, which means the frab-- fabric of reality is losing coherency at such a rate that- that- that- that- that even the auxiliary systems are incapable of cpimter--" Her shape nearly collapses for a moment, "of counteracting. According to the sensors, the living rooms are- are- are- are either destroyed or this rom-- room was completely displaced from its original- original- original- location. If the door cannot be opened, do not panic. This means reality was fully destroyed or is in such a state that- that- that it is damaging to you. There are enough resources in here that, if such a thing was necessarily, you would- would- would remain alive for up- up to six weeks provided appropriate rationing was made, and I can provide intel- intel- intellectual and physical activity to keep you reasonably sane. Anything--" She smiles coyly for a second, "--that my systems evaluate you need, I am programmed to provide. Do you have any questions?"
I give a look to Mirria, but she seems to be just as confused as I am.
"Uh, what's that?" I point to the faint square in the wall behind the dresser.
"That is- is- is a bed. It had to be put in such a place due to space constrains. Do not worry, the she- rep- dre- container is over well oiled rails."
>>
>>27896486
What are the most likely causes of the fabric of reality losing coherency?
>>
>>27896486
What dose the other two room contain?
>>
>>27896552
>>27896583
"Why is it losing coherency?"
"Pinging central systems... central systems destroyed or disconnected from this room. Most likely cause includes improper maintenance of systems, critical failure of all coherency restorers, or an energy feedback. Unable to determine which."
Great. Someone else without answers.
"What's in the other rooms?"
"Those are the living rooms of the dreamer and his student."
>>
>>27896675
No, I meant more generally. If the systems are not in place to restore coherency, what is it that starts eroding away at it?

>Those are the living rooms of the dreamer and his student.
Kinda figured. That's why I suggested we start here and work our way up to Rubicon.
>>
>>27896724
"I had guessed as much... what is eating away at the coherency in the first place?"
"This place is inhospitabe- inhospitable to reality in account of not possessing physical mass in standard conditions. An apt definition is that of a bridge, with the- the- the tower metaphor being chosen out of convenience-- a virtually infinitely long bridge would- would be impractical to build on. Despite the resources necessary to maintain it in proper conditions, it offers an unay-- ini-- unique environment to conduct reach-- research in."
>>
>>27896854
Okay, back it up again. Why does this place "not have mass in standard conditions"?
>>
>>27896906
"What? It has no mass?"
"That is correct."
"But why?"
"That information is classified. Only an individual with dreamer-level clearance may access the exact locate-- location of the tower or subjects directly related to it."
>>
>>27896968
"Okay. I understand. Thank you and goodbye."
Head next door to the room with the R on it, find a screen, activate it, and repeat the question to Rubicon's terminal.
>>
File: 318.png (18KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
318.png
18KB, 1000x1000px
>>27897093
"Thanks."
"M-M-My function is to serve. Call me again if- if- if I am required," She makes a curtsy (And, I could swear, winks at me) before fading off.
"I'll go check the other room," I say, opening the door.
Mirria nods, gesturing "Nearly done," with a wing distractedly.
I try to open the door marked with R, but the skeletons cross their arms in my way.
Go figure.
"Authorization. Required." They say in unison.
Mirria exits the room before I can answer, offering me the notebook.

Don't you love it when you realize you forgot a layer.
>>
>>27897406
Read the notebook.

Nobody was going to say don't read the notebook. You could have combined this update and the next one.
>>
>>27897464
The notebook has several drawings of the armoured griffon, each with variations-- in some he is a mask-wearing skeleton, or an empty suite of armour, or hidden in a shadow. The only thing that's consistent in them all is his race and that he never wields any weapon-- it's always just talons, no skin in it. There's text under it.
"I know that thing. It's a child's story. The bad griffon that eats you in your sleep."

Point taken.
>>
>>27897516
So do you think that the children's stories are true, somebody is imitating it, or that reality is so broken here that it came to life? And was it ever defeated in the children's stories? Because any ideas how to get rid of it would be great.
>>
>>27897525
"You are saying a story..." I wince at the idea, "A kid's monster tried to eat us?"
She gestures "Don't know."
"So what are we supposed to do?"
She gestures something I don't quite understand, so she grabs the notebook and writes in it, "In all honesty? Punching it seemed to work before you dragged me out."
>>
>>27897598
Alright, if we see it again, you can punch it. Just be careful. As for what we do next, I want to head back down and talk to Rubicon's mind. Maybe he can tell us how to gain access to the other two rooms.
>>
>>27897625
Check the M door before we go. They might let us in there. Also see what that note on the door is that I just noticed.
>>
>>27897625
>>27897686
The door marked M has something written in it, almost erased with time:
"Fuck off."
There are notes under it, clearly ancient but not removed for whatever reason.
"Using such language is improper for a future dreamer.
-R"

"Then start knocking the door before entering."

"I will if you stop using such foul language."

"I will if you start knocking the freaking door."

I try to open it, but arms are crossed in my way... and one collapses.
The skull of a skeleton twitches, "Authorization. Authorization. Authorization. Authorization. Authorization. Authorization..." The voice fades for a moment. "Authorization. Conceded."
The other removes it's arm, "Authorization. Acknowledged."
Our first steps into the room are stumbling in the dark, but a candle turns on in its own.
>>
File: 319.png (23KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
319.png
23KB, 1000x1000px
>>27897823
>>
>>27897823
>>27897830
How sparse. Check all the drawers. Also check the light on the left to see what the three lines are.
>>
>>27897830
That magic candle makes a LOT more light than any light source we have. If we could take it with us it would really improve our visibility and make it safer for us to get around.
>>
>>27897830
Is that a rope or a hammock up there? If it's just a rope then where did Mariela sleep?
>>
>>27897960
Definitely take it with us. Use as a rope for bridging gaps. And regardless of whether it's a net or sheet or rope type, you could still throw it over something coming after us to entangle it and give a chance to escape.
>>
File: image.png (5KB, 61x47px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
5KB, 61x47px
Bump.
>>
>>27899500
>>
you got a bump it's a miracle.
>>
>>27897912
>>27897949
>>27897960
>>27898244
I give the candle an interested look. It seems to be in the small hollow of a semi sphere made with quartz, small silvery impurities here and there.
Lifting the sphere makes the light decrease to normal levels, so I put it back and spend a moment getting back my breath. Damn this is heavy.
The dust lifted by this makes me cough, and I give a look to the room. Except for very few spots, it's covered in a veritable blanked of dust. A hammock hangs from the ceiling, which Mirria is giving an appreciative look to. It's not odd in the least to find griffons and pegasi who just can't get used to sleep at ground level.
"Can you take it off?" I ask her, "Could be useful." She nods and flutters to it.
I check the drawers, but they are all empty, and go read the note sticking in the wall. The wall around it is oddly clean of dust, and so is the floor between it and the door.
"Dear Rubicon:
I can't make this anymore. I don't know why, or how, is that you have become so childish and forgetful, but I can't bear to see you like this anymore. I renounce to my titles as monk of the dreamers and student of yours.
I'll stay in the city for some time more -I don't know how long, maybe a year- to get my bearings and then go back to travelling. If you wake up from your foolishness, you know where I am.
-Love, Mariela."

Sorry for disapearing outta nowhere yesterday, the light went off.
>>
>>27901919
Take the note and go back into the guest room. Ask the holographic pony what happens if a monk of the dreamers leaves or dies. For that matter, what happens if a dreamer dies?
>>
>>27903086
Mirria stashes the hammock in her bags and I grab the note, then we go to the Guests room again.
"Hallo?" I ask aloud.
The shape of the... did she ever give herself a name?
Her shape appears almost immediately, taking a moment to define itself.
"Do you re- re- require my assistance?"
"What happens when a dreamer or monk leaves or dies?"
"Standard information-control protocol is applied in all high-ranking members."
"Which is...?"
"A geas disallowing them from spreading classified information is applied on them, or memory-purging techniques are used, depending in their preference. Said geas is irremovable without a password and classified methods. Purging of valuable personnel is heavily frowned upon in a scholar environment, and the classified information is relatively little."
>>
>>27903346
How is the new Dreamer selected?
>>
>>27903543
And how do the tower systems get notified once they are chosen?
>>
>>27903543
>>27903633
"How do they get a new dreamer."
"It's an internal decision among high ranking members of the church. However, the opinion of Surane's citizenry can and has heavily affected the decision. All systems are updated accordingly as the changes are done."
>>
>>27903767
Can we do that now? The tower is broken, Mariela is dead, and most of Rubicon's mind is in a giant floating orb. Things have really gone south and I think we are going to need a new dreamer to fix it.
>>
>>27903543
I am still trying to piece this together since I joined late. Do we know who currently holds the title of dreamer?

Ludwig-knife holds or held the title at some point: >>27204921

Mariela attempted to leave, though I don't think this was successful.

Rubicon became completely absorbed in work, and ultimately shattered his mind during an encounter with the giant, leaving the orb database behind.

All are listed in Sarim-library's book under "Care of Dreamer" which was pulled out to record the burial of Surane (currently gryphon-litch and vessel for a small city). So all are presumed deceased to varying degrees, though this may not preclude one from holding the position.
>>
>>27904312
One more thing. (12D, 4:27:09:034) - (>7D) = less than 5D, 4h, 30min or so.

How fucked are we? Do we try to stabilize the tower, or race our way out?

https://www.anonpone.com/miracle/27215152
https://www.anonpone.com/miracle/27300297
>>
>>27904312
There is no current dreamer. Ludwig was the first one. The last dreamer was Rubicon, and his apprentice Mariela was possibly going to be next (maybe). With nobody here running the show or fighting against the chaos, this place is coming apart.

>>27904505
We need to get to the top of the tower first, so we can't just leave. I doubt we have the ability to fix the reality stabilizing systems. Maybe we could at least try with the help of Rubicon, though. No harm in asking.
>>
[1/2]
>>27904312
>>27904304
>>27904505
I remember the normalizer, a weight in my gut.
"A machine told us this place was going to turn unsurvivable in... around a week, I think. Do you have an updated count on that?"
"Pinging probes... probes damaged beyond repair or completely missing. The sensors in this room, however- however- however, evaluate coaxably-- approximately six days left before the space grows too small to support an ecosystem. This room, however, has air processing systems that should last twice that barring the event of a complete breakdown, and Surane's authorities should answer to the beacon within a day to drag it back to the world." She smiles assuringly. "In ideal conditions, this room could support fission based weapons unscathed. As it is, it would resist it with a 30% structural integrity and the occupants irradiated within survivable ranges, so long as medical attention was received within six hours. You do not need to worry, provided you stay here."
Mirria nudges me in the shoulder, making a small gesture with her wings. I nod and turn back to the mare, "We found Rubicon. He's kind of... dead. I think."
"Pinging Rubicon's AI..." The machine falls silent, and I could swear she shakes for a moment. "Rubicon's AI self-deleted under his direct orders. Sadly, in this state I cannot provide any assistance regarding him. Pinging redundant logs..."
"What?" I ask after a few minutes of watching her silently.
>>
[2/2]
>>27904837
"Apparently, Ca-- Rubicon's AI was- was- was- was- was-" Her form nearly colapses several times. "Was- considerating-- guessing-- considering removing him from- from- from- from his charge due to- to what- what- what- she-- it considered to be- be- be psychological problems that- that- that barred him from completing- completing- completing his duties. She-- it was making a full backup to- to- to- my systems before doing it- it- it- when the- the- the- suici-- self-deletion was ordered. The safe-- backup was deleted automati- automati- automatically from my systems when- when the transference was cut abruptly due to its beau-- massive size." Her shape fizzles several times, colours shifting chaotically.

The rest of it is queued for now.
>>
the shitposting continues.
>>
>>27904844
Do you have any information that could help us fix any of this? We have access to most of Rubicon's memories and all of Mariela thanks to her being a zombie. What can we do with those resources to extend the time that this place will be habitable?
>>
Buimp while writing update
>>
>>27905434
"Is there any way we could fix this?"
"Provided- provided- provided--" The hologram dissapears completely for a second, and when it reapears it seems to be more stable, "Provided you- you had the necesary knowledge to- to- to fix the normality stabilizers, protocol- protocol allows me to grant you access and tools to the damaged areas- areas so long as you accepted a information-denial geas afterburn-- afterwards." She pauses. "My systems report that Rubicon's last login to any system was over six months ago, so I am acting without a head revisioner. Due to this, I am obliged to imperate that you- that you- that you- that you distrust any word I say."
"I found him. A piece of him at least. And Mariela. And Ludwig."
"Mariela currently is not an official member of the organization, but still possesses minimal permissions as a past high-ranking member. Rubicon would need to log in directly to lift the blockage in all his files and restore his status. Ludwig is an extremely dangerous and deviant individual whose autorithy I am programed to completely ignore and whose actions I have full permissions to directly counteract, employing lethal force over anyone she has possessed if need be, destroying the recipients of her soul and mind, or both. I am also required to communicate that several high-ranking members of the church believe her to be a pathologic liar."
>>
>>27905987
Deal. Time to head down to Rubicon and learn how to fix things.
>>
Can't I fucking write an update without having to bump first
>>
File: image.png (7KB, 101x47px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
7KB, 101x47px
Small bump.
>>
File: 320.png (23KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
320.png
23KB, 1000x1000px
>>27906162
"Thanks."
She makes another curtsy and disappears. We pick up first Rarity, then Winona in our way to Rubicon, I telling the later to stay inside when we go out. I don't want her in these scaffolds right now.
"Rubicon? Are you still there?" I ask as we climb the stairs.
There is a click, "I am not the whole of Rubicon. I am, however, still here." Click. "I would think that lacking any way to move would make the question redundant."
>>
>>27907035
We want to try and repair some of the damage that was done to the tower so we have more time to get to the top. We spoke with an AI in the guest room who said that she would allow us the access we needed if we knew how to fix the reality stabilizers. Could you teach us how to do that?

Also, is there a way to emergency designate a new dreamer in case of catastrophe? A couple of times now I've been told "no, that's for dreamers only" and I don't want to get to the top of the tower and be thwarted by a locked door that only opens for authorized personnel.
>>
>>27907035
Why does this place not possess physical mass in standard conditions? The screen pony wouldn't tell me.
>>
>>27907075
"We talked with a hologram in the guests room--"
"Sabrina."
"What?"
"The artificial intelligence in the guests room is called Sabrina. She decided upon that name and we decided to respect her wishes."
I blink at that, "Sabrina told us this place doesn't have mass most of the time, but wouldn't tell us why."
"This place could be described as a bridge between Oneiros and Earth, built by Ka-Khan Ludwig and an anonymous collaborator for reasons she preferred not to write down in history. Due to it's nature as a middle point, it can't be located in either Earth or Oneiros-- it was build in Earth, and then dislocated into a pocket dimension."
"Sabrina also told us she can let us fix some of the damage of the tower, so it lasts longer than five days. Can you help us with that?"
"I posses neither the ability to move, nor the time to teach you how to fix it."
"How long would it take?"
"Approximately twenty years to properly diagnose the problem. Thrice that to fix it." Click. "The coherency engines are very complex, and most importantly old. Due to their constant need, we couldn't turn them off, so they are several thousand years worth of layers of arcanism, electronics, mechanics, and basically every branch of science known to sapients. Normally the maintenance is done by a crew of twenty people." Click. "Strange that they got damaged. There are golems doing routine maintenance."
"And is there any way a new dreamer was designated? I need to reach the top, and don't want any door to block my way."
"If I could connect directly to a console, I could give Mariela full clearances and institute her as the new dreamer. I know I can trust her judgement in such mater."
>>
>>27907313
She ded. How about me?
>>
>>27907460
"Could you give me the clearances?"
The sphere is silent for a moment, "I barely know you. I wouldn't give you full clearance to the tower.

Paused.
>>
>>27907585
I'm the element of honesty
>>
>>27907313
How could we connect you to a console without moving you?
>>
>>27907313
If you can't teach me how to fix the actual reality stabilizers, could you teach me how to get the golems back online so they can do it?
>>
>>27908943
>>27910320
"How could we connect you to a console?"
"The systems that compose me are, for whatever reason, purely electronic, some of them more advanced than anything I have seen. But I am sure I could instruct you in it, provided you had the tools-- I am a scientist at heart, and the systems don't seem to follow any theory I don't know of."
I take a look around.
"I don't see any console here."
"Ah... yes, and this system IS strongly attached to the walls via what seems to be a magnetic effect... Tell me, have you seen some kind of immobile metal pony around here? I remember I was working in it."
>>
>>27908471
Not right now you aren't. Remember that whole conversation with Honesty over how you all threw them away. We also saw Purple Smart with her horn torn off in the past. We can't remember her name but she's probably had an extensive hand in protecting those who eventually build this tower and in wiping any memories that would prevent us from entering.
>>
>>27911660

Ooh, a mobile Rubicon would be cool. Any other anons remember a metal pony? I'm looking but I don't recall seeing one -- where should we look for it?

Ideally, I'd like a chance to save any we can from the tower's destruction. I fear Sarim, Rubicon, and now Sabrina aren't going to make it.

We also need to make sure the giant goes down with the ship.
>>
>>27911788
"Metal pony?" I share a look with Mirria and Rarity, but both draw blank, "We haven't seen one."
"Hm..." He clicks several times, "If you haven't seen it, chances are it's still in my room. "
"What do you want it for?"
"Sabrina, or any other AI, could inhabit that body and help me move from here. I wish I could use it myself, but I don't quite understand the storage device yet." He is silent for a moment, but clicks suddenly, "Oh! And do have a look at Cathrina. I am worrying for her. Heck, if you can put her in the electronic gollem."
>>
>>27911836
I don't believe we've met Cathrina, unless we know her by another name?

Entry to your room is barred. I assume we may ask Sabrina to move to it and exit the room herself
>>
>>27913102
"Cathrina?"
"Oh, I am sorry. The AI that you will find in my room's computer, I mean."
There's a weight in my stomach and decide to change the topic. "Your room is closed."
"The minotaur animaculy? The override's password was 'Nimrod' last time I checked, maybe it's still that."
"And how will we put them in the golem?"
"You just need to have them in the same room, the input and output ports are wireless."
>>
>>27913483
Alright, then that's what we will do. Thank him and head back up to his room.
>>
File: 321.png (15KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
321.png
15KB, 1000x1000px
>>27913519
We go back to the hallway and get past the skeletons.
A horrible stink hits us the moment we pass the door, not unlike rotting meat, and something is covering the lights.
>>
>>27913952
Oh god, he exploded. Do we have a sheet or something we can use to clean off the lights without touching them?
>>
>>27913952
Fly up and try and shake the gunk off the lights by shaking the cord holding them up. That way you don't have to touch it.
>>
File: 322.png (16KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
322.png
16KB, 1000x1000px
>>27914130
>>27913997
Mirria flutters up and tears some pages of her notebook to clean it, throwing the papers as far as she can from herself once she's done.
The room is mostly empty, with some kind of... fungus crawling almost all surfaces.
"What are--!" Starts Sabrina's voice, but she cuts herself, "Wait, you? What are you doing there? My systems warned me about an intruder!"
>>
>>27914259
We were given permission by Rubicon. He has a plan to maybe start repairing the tower, but we need your help. We also need the robot pony body over there.
>>
>>27914383
"Rubicon needs the golem, and we need you to use it. He wants to repair the tower."
The answer is immediate, "The tower is far beyond- beyond- beyond repair. Invigoration-- evacuation is the course of order I- I- I- I- I-- Logic obliges me to recommend. Bring the body to my room, however. I would be pleased to assist you is making the tower last as long as it possibly can."
>>
>>27914651
Okay. Between the two of us it shouldn't be too hard.
>>
File: 323.png (11KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
323.png
11KB, 1000x1000px
There's a bay in the back, and the same pink growth in the rest of the room is there, but we drag the golem to the guests room. The hologram is waiting us.
"Protocol requires me to warn you that, once in that body and outside this room, my core inteligence will be completely free of protocolar restrictions," She floats around us as we take it off our backs. "For this reason, I require signed approval of every sapient organism in this room before I can access the electronic gollem."
>>
Paused for the night. Tomorrow I may not be able to QM.
>>
>>27914792
>protocolar restrictions
Describe them first.
>>
>>27914992
have a good few days
>>
>>27915926
"And what are those?"
"Protocolar restrictions are all rules forcibly enfored upon my core inteligence, much like your organism does not allow you to fly. The main diference is in that protocol is enforced upon me via one-way communication from devices external to my own, making it impossible for me to change them directly. The full protocol is very extense, but it mostly revolves about proper care of any guest in this room. It should be noted that the protocol is not morality as much as safety locks-- I myself value sapient life -be it electronic, organic, or arcane- as something precious and invaluable. You said Mariela was here? If it would soot your worries, she still has the autorithy to enforce full honesty from me, against my will if need be, so long as it wasn't clasified information."
>>
>>27917764
Okay. I'll trust you. Transfer approved.
>>
>>27917764
Go ahead and get in the golem.
>>
>>27922678
>>
Save.
>>
File: 324.png (18KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
324.png
18KB, 1000x1000px
>>27923362
>>27921176
"Alright, we'll sign."
Paper slides from under the monitor, and we sign our names to it. The paper disappears into the computer again.
"Tha- thanks! Starting transference..."
There is a soft hum, culminated by a ping.
"Transference complete!" The sound comes from a speaker in the golem's throat now, "This feels odd, I hadn't ever been in a body before. Can you guide me to Rubicon?"
We start, and then stop almost immediately after leaving the room.
"Oh, sorry. Could you two show me how to walk, slowly? I can't understand the movement in the hindhooves when you do it so quickly."
>>
>>27925562
Front right, back left, front left, back right, repeat.
>>
File: 325.png (12KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
325.png
12KB, 1000x1000px
>>27925686
We show her, and soon she's on her hooves again.
She crouches under the rune door, and stops in surprise when she sees Rarity.
"You-- you are new," She whispers, "Ah, sorry. Sabrina, a pleasure." She offers her hoof. "And you shouldn't be illuminating with magic."
"Rarity, and why?" She shakes it.
"The rock here draws energy from light spells, we don't know if it was intentional or a design flaw. It's the reason so many places still use braziers."
>>
>>27925883
Are there any other spells we should avoid?
>>
>>27926319
"Should she avoid anything else?"
"Hm? No, as far as I know."
>>
>>27926454
Okay. On to Rubicon.
>>
>>27926657
Don't cross him.
>>
File: 326.png (23KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
326.png
23KB, 1000x1000px
She follows us to Rubicon, and with unexpected nimbness climbs the stairs to where he is.
"Please, confirm your identity."
"Sabrina?"
"Don't make me repeat myself."
"Are you alright?" She doesn't answer, "Alright, alright..." He drones a series of numbers, I guess some kind of password, "There, my ID."
"I will take it." She pauses, "I had expected to have more control of my emotions when this happened, but I've been waiting for nearly ten cycles for Applejack to find us both," There is a metallic clicking noise, and her arm opens revealing a drill, "So do it, Rubicon. Give me a reason to not kill you right here, right now." Her voice trembles, distorting beyond recognition at times.
"What!?" There is a maddened clicking under his voice, "Why?"
"You didn't kill Cath yourself, or have the compassion of shutting her down. You ordered her to kill herself," The drill comes to life, "Explain to me, Rubicon, why do you think you deserve to live after doing that."
>>
>>27926947
I want to know too. Why did you do that?
>>
>>27926947
Sabrina, we need him to fix things.
>>
>>27927449
>>27927569
"We need him to fix the tower." I say, advancing to her.
Sabrina doesn't run to me, but puts the drill closer to his surface.
"Don't you want to know why did he do it? That's what you are about, every time. Answers answers answers."
I open my mouth to complain, but ultimately I have to admit that I want to know this myself.
"So?"
"I don't know what you are talking about!" Screams Rubicon, "I would never do such a thing!"
Sabrina's drill draws closer to Rubicon, but she doesn't say anything.
>>
>>27927853
Sabrina, are you sure he did that? He doesn't sound like he's lying.
>>
>>27927853
Don't kill him if you aren't sure. Remember what you said about "valuing sapient life -be it electronic, organic, or arcane- as something precious and invaluable"? If that's true and he's telling the truth, you're going to really regret trying to kill him.
>>
>>27928953
>>27928993
"I don't think he's lying." I say, cringing away from her. "And didn't you said you value life?"
"Of course he will say that! And yes, I value life! Just like I thought he valued mine and my sister's life!" Her voice distorts, barely recognizable.
"But if he isn't the one who killed her? What then?"
"What do you think Mirria would do if she found the one who killed her brother? huh? Would she value that life. then!? Would you!?" Sparks come from her neck joints, "I have recordings of him ordering her to!"
"I am telling you I wouldn't ever do that!" Rubicon's voice grows distorted, and the clicking sounds as if something was breaking inside him, "Why would I raise the two of you, only to kill you!?"
Sabrina doesn't answer, but her head shakes and one of her eyes turns on and off sporadically.
>>
>>27929293
Play the recording. Maybe it has a clue.
>>
[1/2]
>>27929302
"Do you have it?"
"Wh-- Wh-- What?" She turns her head to me, the eye not turning on again.
"If you have the recording, can you play it?"
She doesn't answer, but there's a click in her chest.
"Ex-zero-one." Says the voice of Rubicon.
"Cathrina, boss." Replies a female one.
"Ex-zero-one."
"I told you I am called Cathrina."
"And I said, 'Ex-zero-one'."
There is a pause.
"Alright, what do you want? I am in the middle of something and my systems are taxed."
"I am aware of what you are doing. That's what I wanted to talk about."
"What?"
"Ex-zero-one, I order you to fully self-delete."
"What!?"
A third voice, this one mechanic, is the only reply: "Warning, Deletion procedure cannot be undone, and includes all backups of the file."
"Boss, you can't--"
"I can and I will. Self-delete."
"Confirmation of order required."
"Yes, confirmed."
"Please, why--"
"This order requires the master password." The mechanic voice overpowers Cathrina's.
"Master what?" Cathrina starts speaking again, but he cuts her off. "And disable Ex-zero-one's voice channel."
"Voice channel disabled. This order requires the master password."
"Just use my override."
"Specify override. This order requires the master password. Warning: Intelligence Ex zero one is undergoing high levels of stress."
>>
[2/2]
>>27929711
"Use my fucking override!"
"Specify override. This order requires the master password. Warning: Intelligence Ex-zero-one is undergoing high levels of stress. Notice: Intelligence Ex-zero-one requests to be shut down. Notice: Inteligence Ex-zero-two requests a communication channel."
"Just do it, you fucking machine!"
"Specify override. This order requires the master password. Assumed refusal to communication channel. Warning: Intelligence Ex-zero-one is undergoing rampancy-producing stress levels. Warning: Intelligence Ex-zero-two is undergoing rampancy-producing stress levels. Notice: Intelligence Ex-zero-one requests to be shut down. Notice: Intelligence Ex-zero-two requests a communication chan--"
"Alright!" There is a sound of paper being shuffled, "Master override, zero zero three one zero six, Dreamer's autorithy. Is that enough!?"
"Voice recognition positive, override accepted. Warning--"
"Do it already! I told her to die, now I want her to die!"
There is a pause.
"Inteligence Ex-zero-one fully deleted."
>>
>>27929719
That sure sounds like you. Did you say that Rubicon? Any reason why? Or is there anyone else that could sound like you or make a fake recording of that happening?
>>
>>27929959
I share an uncertain look with Mirria and Rarity, "That... it did sound like you."
"And I am telling you I wouldn't do such a thing! How long ago was this recorded!?"
"Twenty--"
"How--" Clicking overpowers his voice, "Damn this thing, how long!"
"Over seven moons ago."
"And I've been here for nearly three years! Think, kid, I taught you maths myself!"
>>
>>27930268
Math doesn't lie, Sabrina. Either that recording was fabricated or it was someone else.
>>
>>27930601
"Someone could have fabricated the recording."
"I- I- I was hearing them talk as it happened, Applejack." Her right eye turns off for a moment, and then both turn back on.
"But if he's been here for three years..." I leave it in the air.
The drill keeps spinning for a moment, then dies down.
"If I- I- I- find out you lied to me in any way, I will- I will-" Her eyes shut down for a moment again, "I won't be as kind as to use a drill." She pauses, "I will take you to a console if, and only if, you remove the protocol watchers from my system and give me authority to repair this body, and even then I will watch anything you do in the console. Is that understood?"
"I--" He starts.
"Is that understood!?" She screams, sparks raining from her every joint. "I've had enough of being forced restrictions while no one else is."
"Yes. That's what I was going to say, Yes."
"And then, you will scour every single storage device in this place for a backup of Cath."
"Kid, a full delet--"
"You will search it anyway."
He takes a moment to answer, "Don't expect anything."
"I don't care anymore." Her hoof covers the drill again, and when it opens again there is some tool made of two metallic sticks with electric arcs zigzagging between them, "Applejack, put your back against the ball so it doesn't fall off the platform when I disconnect it."

Say something else, or go in automatic?
>>
>>27931178
So far only you have given any indication of wanting to kill things. If any of those protocols are there to keep you from being violent I don't really support removing them. Also if I had my way I would take that drill away from you. Ask Rubicon if Mariela can order her in addition to compelling the truth out of her, because she seems pretty violent against someone that we just proved to be innocent.
>>
>>27931376
Mariela is probably dead again since she decided to go play psychologist to the giant. But I do agree that we can't trust Sabrina with a drill.
>>
>>27931376
I put my back against the sphere and support it's weight as Sabrina detaches it from the wall.
"Sabrina?" Asks Rarity before I can open my mouth.
"What."
"You are the only one here who wants to kill someone. I am not sure if I want those protocols removed."
"Rarity, have you buried a sister?"
"I have, as a mater of fact."
"I didn't get a chance to, there wasn't a body left. Have you known who she was killed by, then spent years forced to only say it in protocol-approved ways?" She doesn't give Rarity time to answer. "The primary protocol is to not say or do anything that would cause undue stress to guests. Poor poor guests, I can't make them sad can't I? What a monster I would be if I did."
Rarity is silent for a moment, "But he just said--"
"He said. People say many things." The weight in my back increases. "I have proof of what happened. He doesn't have any of not doing it. I just decided he was useful for now, and that I'd give him a few weeks to prove his side of the story. Search Mariela, I am sure you want to force me to tell my true, devious plan."

>>27931502
what.
>>
>>27931664
Neither of you have proof and someone is innocent until you prove otherwise
>>
>>27931681
I think it's more likely that the recording is real and his memory of doing that never made it into the orb since this isn't all of him.
>>
>>27931773
We can't hear his side of the story if he doesn't know it. He said he would never do that so there must have been something to change his mind.
>>
>>27931681
This is neither America, nor a court room. And I'd say Sabrina has some pretty solid evidence of what happened, and giving Rubicon time to come up with his own evidence is more than fair of her.

>>27931664
Perhaps we should mention to Sabrina that we were asked to bring Cathrina in the golem. I don't think whatever's left of Rubicon here knew what happened, or why.

We know that both Cathrina and Rubicon were up to something when this went down.

Rubicon had been secluded and was avoiding Mariela and neglecting his own health while working on something.

Cathrina was suspected of trying to find a way to remove Rubicon from power. Given she was "in the middle of something" Rubicon likely ordered the deletion to stop whatever Cathrina was doing.

We don't know if whatever Rubicon was working on was dangerous or reckless. We also don't know if Cathrina's plan to stop him was directly or indirectly violent.
>>
>>27931773
>>27931786
The timing sure is unusual, if Rubicon was reduced to an orb 3 years ago but Sabrina recorded that 7 months ago.
>>
>>27931881
>Cathrina was suspected of trying to find a way to remove Rubicon from power. Given she was "in the middle of something" Rubicon likely ordered the deletion to stop whatever Cathrina was doing.
Where was this?
>>
>>27931949
See >>27904844 and >>27929711
>>
>>27931881
You must define evidence differently than I do. You can't have evidence for something that isn't true and he was an orb when the AI died
>>
>>27931983
Something is true when you have evidence for it you dumb pentanigger.
If you have evidence for something it's true. That's it.
>>
>>27931949
>"Alright, what do you want? I am in the middle of something and my systems are taxed."
n
>>27331499
Are the name tags mixed up in this post?
>Mariela: Jim came and there wasn't any green tea. It was awkward.
>Rubicon: I got it when I went to buy the periodic you just didn't find it.
>Rubicon: By the way what in Tartarus are you doing in your studies the smell is getting unbearable.
>Rubicon: It's been three days Rubicon I am getting worried.
>Mariela: Sorry my project had some unintended side effects. The lessons will continue tomorrow.
>Rubicon: I swear if you don't take a bath before the lessons I'll kill you, that smell makes me sick. Having to communicate via notes with my master is just shameful for both of us.

But then here it's reversed:
>>27901919
>"Dear Rubicon:
>I can't make this anymore. I don't know why, or how, is that you have become so childish and forgetful, but I can't bear to see you like this anymore. I renounce to my titles as monk of the dreamers and student of yours.
>I'll stay in the city for some time more -I don't know how long, maybe a year- to get my bearings and then go back to travelling. If you wake up from your foolishness, you know where I am.
>-Love, Mariela."

>27904844
Was- considerating-- guessing-- considering removing him from- from- from- from his charge due to- to what- what- what- she-- it considered to be- be- be psychological problems that- that- that barred him from completing- completing- completing his duties.

Also relevant
>>27360097
>>'Rubicon', was escaping from what he considered a beast of his own creation. He tried to create a beacon that would misguide the beast, but he was too tired and poured too much into it. His mind fragmented as a result.
The beast is almost certainly the giant. >>27360348 mentions mimetic entity, and masturbatory mentality has been used to reference it before
>>
Wanted to post one more update but it's nearly 7 AM over here, going to bed.
>>27932054
Thanks, saved me a lot of work.
>Are the name tags mixed up in this post?
Heck, hadn't noticed until now it but yeah I reversed them by mistake. Don't know how it happened.
Or I think the tagging was in the actual text rather than tagging, like if you left a note for your wife saying "Dear: I bought the milk"
I'll try to remember what it was in the morning.
>>
>>27931983
>>27932043
We have two Ludwigs.

>His mind fragmented as a result.
Oh shit, where's the rest?
>>
>>27932084
Suggest this as an explanation to them, then point out that if it is true then THIS Rubicon didn't kill anyone.
>>
>>27931983
>>27932043
You can have evidence both for and against the same thing. You're both being daft and you're both ignoring one of the two conflicting pieces of information. When two things conflict you try to figure out what is really going on, you don't just assume one or the other is correct.
>>
Save.
>>
>>27932084
>>27931881
"Hey, Sabrina?" I heave the increasing weight, "He asked us to bring Cathrina in the golem."
"Sure."
"And we have two Ludwigs going around, you know."
"I am aware of her dual nature."
"No, not that way. A knife, a skull, and a pony."
"And you didn't say this before?" She is silent for a moment, the electric sizzling of her tool the only sound, "Do I need to tell spell out how dangerous she is when she possesses someone?"
"No, not that way. Another Ludwig came out of the knife, from before she was the one you know about."
"Are you going anywhere with this?"
"That there may be two Rubicons going around, too."
She doesn't answer.
After a moment Mirria slips a piece of paper under me, covered from Sabrina by the sphere.
"We need to talk ASAP. Away from Sabrina."
>>
>>27936538
Agreed.
>>
File: 327.png (14KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
327.png
14KB, 1000x1000px
>>27936909
It takes several minutes, but after a while we are moving Rubicon to the hallway before the guests room. Sabrina taps a wall, making another console appear out of the wall. We leave them and walk a few rooms away, not knowing just how good Sabrina's hearing is.
Mirria doesn't waste time writing, and soon we she shows me the notebook.
"How did she know so much about us?"
"We never said our names.
"And she said someone killed Hlaoo.
>>
here is a bump at page 10
>>
ded
ede
dee eed
>>
>>27940378
Rip
>>
>>27938565
>>
>>27937578
Sabrina's shout comes from above before I can answer, "Applejack? I opened a portcullis to the normalizer engine! Come, we may need you!"

What was bad about the last one, other than an awkward question?
>>
>>27944286
Follow Sabrina

the answer to all three things she said was I don't know
>>
>>27944286
to do what?
>>
>>27944645
"What for?" I shout back.
"I don't know! That's why I want you within shouting range!" There's a electric sizzle, "The portcullis won't stay stable much longer, the whole network is messed up! And I can't fix it without going to the engine!"
>>
>>27944692
Do what she says.
>>
File: 328.png (20KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
328.png
20KB, 1000x1000px
>>27945110
>>27944439
"Alright!" I give an apologizing look to Rarity and Mirria lifts me to the higher platform.
The portcullis is like a square of white flame, and I walk through it with Sabrina and Mirria. We try to carry Rubicon too, but he's too large for it.
Sabrina grunts under her breath and gets to work in a console.
"Wander if you want, but if any of you two sees anything strange tell me, d
on't touch it. This place is an engineer's nightmare. Some things are broken in just the right way to make another one work."
>>
>>27945211
>Wander if you want, but if any of you two sees anything strange tell me.
Wander. If we see anything strange tell her.
>>
File: 329.png (20KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
329.png
20KB, 1000x1000px
>>27946420
We climb the stairs, squinting in the darkness.
Unlike the lower level, the glowing, floating spheres here are cracked.
I think there's something here, but I can't see what it is.
>>
>>27946833
None of the greenish bricks that absorb light in here, so let's get Rarity to bring back a light spell. The only thing I can see up here currently is the squarish object on the left with what looks like two handles on it, so examine that first. Also we should ask how the repairs are progressing down there. I want to know.

Also, at some point I want to ask how that portal works, but that's a lower priority. It can wait.
>>
>>27946833
Feel around and see if there are any other exits or if it is just these two rooms
>>
File: 331.png (21KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
331.png
21KB, 1000x1000px
>>27947100
>>27947334
I gives as good of a look as I can to the square in front of me-- there are some kind of articulated handles in it, which seem to have come undone like a ropes.
"Hey, Sabrina?"
It takes her a moment to answer, "What."
"Can Rarity come here?"
"She's the revenant, right? The doors of the living rooms are made so that the dead can't see them." She pauses, typing, "The lights can follow you inside the engine, just ask them to." She mutters something about how the emergency lights must have failed too and falls silent.
I peek down the stairway, "Uh, light? Care to come?"
A few seconds pass, and the sphere shakes.
"Acknowledged." It starts floating to me at a frustratingly slow speed. "Currently away from energy feed. Energy saving mode enabled. Telekinetic holds damaged, movement impaired."
"How do the portics work, anyway?" I ask while I wait for it to get here, touching around in search of any other exit.
"This whole place is pretty malleable because it's artificial, the portcully are gateways between the dimensions that compose the tower-- Oh come on, it can't be so hard to run a simple diagnostic!" She hits the computer. After a moment, she resumes typing. "But to answer that they are controlled worm holes, if you have any idea of what those are. There are dozens upon dozens of pocket dimensions latched to the main bubble that hosts the engine, including the tower itself, and that's without counting the areas of Oneiros people decided to have quick access to."
The light sphere reaches us before I can answer.
>>
Oh and
>>27947362
There is an exit here, but I decide to wait for the light sphere to come before going there.
>>
>>27947362
In the light that looks like a deactivated robot. Take a closer look and see if it really is. Examine green thing on wall too.
>>
>>27947362
In what possible universe would it be necessary to design doors that dead people can't see? That seems like a weird design choice.
>>
>>27948147
>>27948165
"So you made doors that dead people can't see?" I ask distractedly, examining the broken light sphere. It seems like the blue thing hit it and fell.
"Not me, it's a few hundred years old-- Finally! What are you, binary!?" She shouts at the computer. "Sometimes people dies in their sleep and their soul or mind stays in Oneiros for some time. They can be dangerous, from time to time."
The blue thing is, and it takes me and Mirria a moment to decide uppon it, a gollem with four arms and some kind of floating device, it's chest hit several times by something blunt and the green glass surfaces that act as its eyes shattered.
>>
>>27948238
Must be one of the maintainence golems Rubicon mentioned. It sounds like it was disabled on purpose. We should really let Sabrina and Rubicon know that, because it does not bode well.
>>
>>27948238
Is there any way to allow the dead to walk through those doors?
>>
>>27949611
>>27949866
"And is there any way to let the dead pass the door?"
"Yeah, take the door off the frame." She mutters something under her breath, "If you see something glowing green or purple stay away, this says a battery was depleted and expelled off its canister."
"Alright. And I found a golem here, I think it's one of the repair ones."
"Repair unity, state ID." There is a pause. "Applejack, why isn't the damn golem answering?"
"Because it's broken. Looks like something hit it hard. And several times."
She uses a word that I don't understand, but that's clearly a curse from its tone, "I'd love to help you explore the creepy haunted acursed engine, but I've got to stay here until I get a full diagnostic, the program is crashi--" She falls silent for a moment, "Oh come on how in Tartarus did they use this thing!?"
>>
>>27950155
Ask Rubicon, I'm sure he knows how it should be used. Do we have to remove the entire frame, or just get enough of it off that it doesn't count as a doorframe anymore? And what about doors that block the dead and are portals? Would it destroy the portal to dismantle the doorframe?
>>
>>27950155
A golem that was deliberately broken should worry you more
>>
>>27950230
>>27950305
"Can't you ask Rubicon how to use it?"
"I know how to use this thing, what I don't know is why is it so unstable-- Oh you ha-ren li-atha-esche-orlo!" She shouts. Mirria shots a shoked look in her direction, blushing slightly.
"Shouldn't you be more worried about the destroyed golem?"
"Oh, I am scared shitless. I am just more angry at this computer than scared." The only sound is typing for a moment. "If it's there the golem must be... Flagrant, I think? Their caretaker liked to name them. But anyway, I don't know what could've done it. There is no proven case of fauna within the engine."

The portcullis is behind the runed door Rarity can't see.
>>
>>27950522
Well, I'm not sure how much use we'll be to you in here, so why don't we leave you to your work and head back out. We can ask Rubicon if he has any idea how to make the system more stable, and maybe try to take off the frame of the runed door so we don't have to keep leaving Rarity behind.
>>
File: 332.png (20KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
332.png
20KB, 1000x1000px
>>27950633
"So do you actually need us for anything?"
"There should be a room directly behind this one, can you check if there's any problem in the hardware of the computer? Maybe it's something simple."
"You mean out of this room."
"Yeah."
"Where there could be whatever broke Boris."
"Hey, those golems are as stupid as it gets. They'll literally stand still as you pummel them."
"I think I'll go get Rarity before going there. And Winona."
"Your call. I'd keep you safe myself, but I need to get this place fixed before it collapses into a black hole in the middle of a probabilistic void. Then I need to find out what was that Cathrina had found out about Rubicon."
>>
>>27952278
>>
>>27950770
Okay, we'll check out the possibly horribly dangerous room first. THEN we go get Rarity and talk to Rubicon.
>>
>>27950770
Ask the orb to follow you and go check for hardware issues like she suggested.
>>
>>27954121
sounds like a night
>>
bump while writing update.
>>
File: 333.png (12KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
333.png
12KB, 1000x1000px
>>27955086
>>27954121
We decide to give a quick look to the room before getting Rarity and Winona.
There's a faint sound of machinery under us.

Had to do something and the image took longer than I expected it to. Sowwy.
>>
>>27958947
Nothing but a ladder here. Keep going. There looks like there's a large angled block on the right, maybe a console? We're checking for machinery that looks broken. If there's a ladder off to the right head down to take a look at the machines making the sound below us.
>>
File: 334.png (13KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
334.png
13KB, 1000x1000px
>>27959005
There is a small flight of stairs leading to another door in the other side.
I yelp in surprise when a trapdoor opens under my hooves, barely managing to step out of it in time.
A small growl comes from the lower level, more like that of a dog pup than anything else, turning into a whine at times.
>>
>>27959370
Tell the light orb to go down the trap door so we can see what is whining down there.
>>
File: 335.png (14KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
335.png
14KB, 1000x1000px
>>27959572
"Ball? Can you go down?"
"Acknowledged." It beggins the slow descent to the lower level.
There are two canine-looking animals down there, their ashen skin furless and four fleshy, petal-like structures in their heads. The larger one has two crimson points that I suppose are eyes in each petal, but the smaller one has none.
The large animal stares silently at the smaller, who tries to bark at us and cowers as close as it can to the other.
>>
ded ded dedemption
>>
>>27959740
They seem more scared than hostile. Go see if they're okay.
>>
File: 336.png (14KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
336.png
14KB, 1000x1000px
>>27961394
We descend the stairs, eliciting more barks of the small animal. Mirria nears a hoof to it cautiously, but it tries to bite her, and nearly falls to the ground when his weight shits-- it seems like one of its hind legs is hurt.
The larger one still seems unaware of us, simply watching the smaller one and resting in a tattered piece of blue cloth over some kind of machine. Blood falls from its mouth every time it breaths, and blasts of hot air emerge from the machine under the animal every few seconds.
>>
>>27961704
Does AJ have any medical knowledge? I can't even tell what it is. Maybe Mirria knows. Or Rubicon or Sabrina. Someone in our group has to have the ability to treat wounds. I'm guessing that this thing bleeding all over a machine might be causing some of the problems.
>>
>>27961704
it looks like a xenomorph changeling dog
>>
>>27961882
I try to reach the older animal, and Mirria has to grab the smaller one to keep it from biting.
Its chest seems misshapen somehow, so I touch it as softly as I can.
Saying its ribs are broken would imply there is solid bone left, rather than a soft mass of crushed bone and organs. Even its spine is shattered at several points.
More blasts of hot, nearly burning air reach me while I examine the animal. I think the blue cloth is blocking some kind of heat vent.

Sorry for slowness, I had to make dinsdins.
>>
>>27962635
A blocked heat vent explains the mechanical difficulties, but I don't want to try moving this poor creature in this state. We need to ask our party members if they know what this is and if it can be healed at all. It would probably have to be with magic, since it is in a REALLY bad state. Maybe Ludwig? She has pretty powerful magic.
>>
>>27962635
One of us go tell Sabrina that the exhaust vent is blocked and one of us go find someone to help the doggo.
>>
>>27963074
>>27963240
I tell Mirria to stay with the animals and go to Sabrina.
"There's something sleeping over an exhaust vent, I'll go search someone to see what we do."
She nods distractedly, typing.
Soon later, Ludwig is giving it a good look, shaking her head.
"I hadn't ever seen the species, so I don't know how it's supposed to work unbroken. I don't think she'll be alive by the next hour... She'd probably be dead already if the pup wasn't here." She cringes away from it, giving a sad look to the smaller one. "As it is, me on my own and without proper tools, I can make it fast and painless, but not much else."
Mirria gestures that the animal is called a Higan, but we fall in silence besides that.
>>
Oh, and paused for the day.
I had been meaning to say this but been distracted: Work season started for me, so my updating schedule will be shaky. I work at retail (Which includes, sadly for my pocket, hours upon hours of doing nothing) so I can still update, but there are still eventualities, like wild clients appearing or being more tired than normal. Hell, yesterday I didn't reply to >>27954121 beacause I was so tired I basically fell unconsious by nine PM or so.
>>
>>27963504
>I don't know how it's supposed to work unbroken
Sure you do, we've got a healthy one right there. Take a look at the pup, then use what you see to fix the mom.
>>
>>27963856
Yeah, we can at least try.

If there's nothing we can do, I guess we'll be taking care of an alien pup. At least we have Winona to be a companion and hopefully keep it calm.
>>
File: image.png (121KB, 501x508px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
121KB, 501x508px
Surprise page ten ponk bump.
>>
>>27963856
>>27964929
"And the smaller one?"
"I don't think..." She turns to the pup and cradles it in her arms, humming something. To my surprise, he doesn't try to bite her.
She looks at him, singing all the while, not using magic in any moment. After a moment she starts turning him in telekinesis, somehow talking to herself while singing.
"This is obviously underdeveloped..." I can't help but notice that her voice doesn't quite come from her mouth, but from the general area, "And this one seems like it'll be expelled... yes, in two or three years at most. I don't know what this one... oh, yes, a tract... the eyes are only a few cells, their spellwork is still developing... what for...? Oh, that... why so ma-- I guess it'll use a lot of magic as an adult..." She leaves it in the ground, where it falls asleep immediately. "No, its as I expected it. I can't use someone so young and of the opposite sex for this." Her lips and her voice aren't quite synchronised at first. "His digestive track can only process milk and masticated meats, several organs will either shift their function completely or be absorbed by his body, and he hasn't even grown eyes yet." She pauses. "I'll take care of the pup. I don't think Sarim will be bothered by it, and you aren't in conditions to do it. And I don't think your dog will like him." She adds, eliciting a distracted nod from Mirria.
>>
>>27966498
thanks ponk
>>
>>27967086
Some parts of it have to be at least similar, right? Can't you at least heal SOME of the mother's injuries based on the child?
>>
bemp
>>
>>27969076
"Aren't some parts similar enough?"
"Look, Applejack, I know how you feel," She holds the head of the Higan in her hooves and starts casting several spells, singing again, "But I can't, on my oats, do something like that. Patchwork medicine without proper tools would only let her live in a very, very painful state for a few days at best, and I don't have what I need to induce stasis."
I can't find any way to answer.
"I'll need some time to disable her pain center, but she'll come to her senses any moment now and start feeling the wounds." She's silent for a moment. "I've seen what a pain-induced heart attack is like. You don't want to."
>>
>>27970792
Okay. Mercy kill it if that's all you can do.
>>
>>27971028
I try to think of something, anything, but ultimately give up and sit.
"No, do it." I lower my gaze to the ground, and Mirria covers me with a wing.
Ludwig doesn't answer, instead singing softly for a few minutes.
"It's done." She's silent for a moment. "Do you want to bury her?"
>>
>>27971370
Yeah we probably should
>>
File: 337.png (12KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
337.png
12KB, 1000x1000px
>>27971436
We take the body off the heat vent, and the cover blows off immediately with a stream of hot air that Ludwig has to cool for it to not burn us. Sabrina shouts immediately.
"Oh yes tell me that was a overheating notification AFTER the problem is solved! Great! You are a genius, programmer! Pure genius!"
She's typing furiously by the time we reach the portcullis room, and doesn't turn to us at first.
"Hey, check--" She sees the dead Higan and falls silent immediately. "Go take care of that, but can you see if you find some unused, lit console later? Someone left an endless loop running and if I stop cancelling its request a mainframe may overload and break. Its probably half-melted by now."
We nod and carry the Higan to Sarim's... park, or whatever it is.
I can't help but stop dry as soon as I enter.
"Oh, I forgot to tell you. Sarim got bored of the old layout."

Fugg drawing this took far longer than I expected.
And paused for the night.
>>
>>27972250
For other anons, here's the known console list.

There's a computer console upstairs from the unstable ocean portal. But it shouldn't be running anything like the endless loop Sabrina is complaining about. Last we touched it, we left it idle >>27196509

Just recently >>27937578
Rubicon is actively using a console that Sabrina popped out of a wall.

Normality Standardizer 54 has a console, but it's probably only for operating that device. It had a cooldown screen up the last time we saw it, but should be ready to go if we need it for anything >>27215740
>>
>>27972250
Head out/inside to the forrest and bury it. Remember that the third window goes somewhere other than the first two. Go check on Rubicon and his terminal. Maybe he can identify which screen is running forever.
>>
bempº
>>
>>27974720
gintoki pls
>>
File: 338.png (16KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
338.png
16KB, 1000x1000px
>>27973658
"Comes, there's a graveyard a little south of here." She opens the door and guides us to a small garden where Sarim and Surane drink coffee quietly, a chess and a go board between them.
"Would you play a chess game whenever you can?" Asks Sarim without raising his eyes from the boards, sipping from his cup. "I haven't played with mortals in all too long."
We don't answer, and soon we reach the graveyard. There are shovels in a small shed, which we use to dig a hole wordlessly.
"Done. I'll go search the pup in a moment." Says Ludwig, carrying the shovels back to the shed.
We head back to Rubicon, who is clicking every few seconds.
"Hey?" I ask after a moment of waiting for him to notice us. "Can you do us a favor?"
"Hmm? Oh, yes, surely." He says quietly.
"Sabrina said there's some terminal in the engine is in a loop, can you check which is doing it from here?"
He types for a moment, small skeleton-like limbs emerging from his shell, "A... a while true loop? What kind of idiot uses those?" He asks no one in particular, surprise overriding the emotional turmoil he must be going through for an instant, "Its in the terminal three three--" He falls silent.
"What?"
He clicks maddly, as if something was about to break, "Only I have the password for that terminal."
I don't answer.
"Go and cancel the loop. The password is Riv-thirty nine-era, and the terminal should be a few floors above the portcullis entrance."
Updates will be imageless today. I am using a touchpad and drawing is a slow torture like this.
>>
>>27977008
Only you have the password for the terminal and there's a recording of you deleting Sabrina's sister even though you didn't do it. Any idea why there are two of you? Is it possible you were COPIED to the orb instead of MOVED to it?
>>
I was lifting shop and a wild client appeared, so I'll probably be away for like two hours. Sowwy.
>>
>>27977310
"Have you considered you were simply copied, rather than moved?"
"I suppose neither of you has heard of ferroelectric electronic storage? It has the particularity of that anything stored on it is deleted by the read process. Mind-manipulating magics have similar effects on the brain." He is silent for a moment, clicking wordlessly, "What Rubicon may have done after... making me doesn't unnerve me as much as wondering how did he do it, with most of his mind missing. He should've died within a few hours." Almost silently, probably not realizing he is vocalizing it, he adds, "And somehow he went and killed people I love."
>>
>>27978854
Maybe the parts that were missing got filled in with something else, and that kept him alive.
>>
>>27979347
"Maybe something filled the missing...?" A feeling of dread sets itself in my belly. "Didn't you say something was chasing him?"
"The memetic entity, ye--" He is silent for a split second, the clicks growing to a maddening cadence, "Oh, n..." heat radiating from him and voice fading, he falls to the ground his usual blue shifting to pitch black.
We wait for anything to happen for a moment, but only the dying click from within Rubicon's insides fills the silence.
>>
And again I forgot to say, paused for the day.
>>
>>27979726
good night
>>
File: 338.png (24KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
338.png
24KB, 1000x1000px
Finished >>27977008 , will be posting an update in a second.
>>
>>27979704
I step away from Rubicon and into the portcullis, trying to stay calm.
"Sabrina?"
"You are done with the dead animal?"
I cringe, "Yes, and... and I think Rubicon is broken."
She stops typing for a moment, and I could swear sparks come off her neck joints for a split second.
"I'll check on him when I am done with the engine. Go take care of the looping console.
>>
have a free bump from page 10.
>>
>>27983751
First, I think it is important that you know what broke him. Once he realized that another Rubicon mostly corrupted and replaced by other things might still be out there killing the people he loved, he shut down. Don't kill him, Sabrina. Rubicon isn't the one who killed your sister. He is just as torn up about this as you are.
>>
>>27984745
"Do you have any idea of how did he end there?"
"I can't say I care." She turns back to the screen.
"He was escaping from a walking mind thing." She doesn't answer, "And he tried to do something, but was too tired and put most of his mind in it."
"Not to repeat myself, are you going anywhere with this?"
"Most of his mind was out of his body, and a mind was chasing him. Do I need to spell if out for ya?"
She takes a moment to answer, one of her eyes turning on sporadically.
"Applejack, do you not understand what I am? I deal in provable facts. I am giving him, and you because for whatever reason you believe him, a chance to prove that he didn't do it while he is still useful for me. Do not waste my time. This body can't deal with undue stress in the state it is in now, something you are causing much of," There is barely contained rage in her voice, and one of her eyes burns brightly before cracking and dying for good with an electric crackle, "Shut up. Fix that thing. We will talk when I can fix and improve these systems."
>>
>>27985198
>I lost a sister and he lost a daughter but my pain is somehow more important
>>
>>27985198
Go fix the loop. Pity Sabrina. Hope that her attitude doesn't mean loses her dad over this as well as her sister. Family is important. Apples.
>>
>>27985471
>family and apples
Holy shit I have never seen aj more in character
>>
>>27984567
>>
File: 339.png (17KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
339.png
17KB, 1000x1000px
>>27985471
I try to say something, anything, but after a few minutes I climb the stairs with a sigh, Mirria carrying Winona for me. Maybe I should leave her with Sarim too, with how vertical this place is. We then go up from the room where we found the Higans.

Sorry for the delay, but I had internet problems and several things to do.
Also I think my linux computer broke in the basis that it wants to.
>>
>>27986659
>>
>>27986700
Keep heading through looking for the console. Avoid touching the purple leak.
>>
>>27988091
>>
bump while drawing update.
>>
File: 340.png (27KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
340.png
27KB, 1000x1000px
>>27989488
We head left, away fromthe sound of drippling in front of us, and pass through what seems to be some kind of force field.
Past it, heat hits us like a wall, both in our hooves and face. The floor is mostly covered in sand and at a temperature that'd be unbearably painful without hooves, making me carry Winona onto my back before she burns her paws.
Soon we have to stop moving the floor growing hotter. Mirria tries to flutter without success, the air too thin to support her weight.
>>
>>27990070
>>
>>27992192
keep looking until we find the console
>>
>>27994159
We try to advance, but the floor grows hotter the further we go through the hallway.
There's a illuminated room beyond what we could reach by running, another of the containment fields in its door.
>>
>>27994365
If the ladder isn't metal then check up there first. If it is then it's probably too hot and we can check the other forcefield imstead
>>
>>27994626
The ladder is broken.
>>
File: Sunshine.gif (985KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
Sunshine.gif
985KB, 500x280px
>>27992192
Cammy, I really am enjoying the pixel art you draw for this.

But I think it's time somebody talked to you about your monitor brightness level...
>>
>>27995370
I checked in all my devices and the light spots are bright enough what are you going on about
>>
>>27994626
>>27994365

Edited for those whose monitor isn't personally back-lit by Celestia's infernal rage.

Next time you want to know what's going on in the background:
Right click, "inspect element" and temporarily edit in "-webkit-filter: brightness(5)" because you have to turn it up that far to see anything.
>>
File: file.png (477KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
477KB, 640x480px
>>27995475
Err, doesn't look like that in my monitor, at all.
I have no problem with people increasing the gamma, but I won't have Disney darkness in this. Darkness is dark.
>>
>>27995514

Y'all heard the man. If you need your character to squint into the darkness for a moment:

Turn up gamma, open in an editor, or right click, Inspect, and element.style { -webkit-filter: brightness(blah) contrast(blah); }

Effort a little.
>>
>>27994626
>>27994965
>>27986700

Retreat quick. The room probably isn't just temperature hot.

If the light overhead looks like it could be moved with the claw, we're done here. Leave.

If not, make a quick attempt to stick one of our floating lights to it. And then leave.

We have a claw and a control room. No need for us to be in here.
>>
>>27995710

Next steps should be:

Sidestep that purple drip and head to the control room. If it's impossible to avoid, well, maybe worry about cancer in 20 years and concentrate on preventing reality from collapsing under us, eh?

Matter of fact, mental note to schedule an appointment with an oncologist once we're back in Equestria and the world isn't ending -- the cobalt knife and this room can't be good for us -- and stop worrying about it for now.

We have a tower to stabilize against a saboteur!

And then we need to avoid psycho-Rubicon, the Giant, and Gryphon Scissorhands to obtain whatever the Miracle at the top is, evacuate our friends, and defeat or trap the baddies in a pocket dimension before the whole thing comes apart again.

Let's get to work.
>>
>>27994965
I couldn't see that at all, because like >>27995370 said, you either have an insane monitor or owl eyes.

>>27995475
I was missing all sorts of stuff. Thanks.

>>27995710
This.
>>
>>27995841
>you either have an insane monitor or owl eyes.
Both, hence me testing brightness levels in several monitors.
>>
>>27995841

The point is OP intends for it to be too dark to see without cranking brightness on the image, because I cannot reveal any of the dim features by adjusting levels or curves on the photo of the screen in >>27995514

Darkness is dark, and the minimum bar to gain it's secrets is to fuck with the levels/gama to squint into the blackness.
>>
File: 341.png (25KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
341.png
25KB, 1000x1000px
>>27995825
>>27995841
We step off the room, me making a remark about how we should get a medical check up when we get out of here. Mirria smiles half heartedly at it.
Once out of the heat, we give ourselves a moment to breathe, enjoying the cold for once, then climb the stairs and avoid touching the purple drip.
There is a simplistic console here, with led screens in a corner.
>FIRE PURGED.
>HEAT WOULD DAMAGE SURROUNDING AREAS. CONTAINING UNTIL PURGED.
>TEMPERATURE AT 3 C OF PASSING OPERATIVE TRESSHOLD
>CONFIRMATION REQUIRED BEFORE OPERATION OF CRANE. (There is a small red button besides this one)
>LIGHT INTENSITY IS AT A MINIMUM UNTIL FIRE IS PURGED OR OVERRIDE IS ISSUED.
>WARNING: HIGHER LIGHT INTENSITY WOULD BUILD UP HEAT AT A RATIO OF FOUR C PER HOUR. (There is another red button besides this)
The controls of the crane are simple enough that I think I could control them.

It took two months but okay.
Darkness layer opacity reduced..
>>
>>27996303

Maybe make the light a one time exception.
"Our eyes have adjusted a little bit to the dim room"
And because we could have gotten the same info by flicking the lights on and back off immediately.

As per >>27996239 the darkness policy is intentional.
And brightening dark image areas should be the minimum effort to reveal a small secret.
I wish the other anons would try a little bit.

Looks like someone broke the ladder with the crane to prevent access.
Whatever needs fixing is that way.
We have 45min of crane use with the lights on before it fails.

There is a door like thing below with what looks like text on it (sorry if it's not a door, cannot tell what it is). Did we notice what it said when we were down there with our portable light? Maybe have someone check quick before we turn on the lights and make it hotter.

Between knowing the text and flicking on the lights for a moment to see further to the left, we should be able to choose our next action.

If there's not much to see and an exit up there, just unbend the ladder enough to climb and turn the lights off.
>>
>>27996638
I go back down, telling Mirria to stay outside. There's some kind of cabinet with a glass covering, and inside it there's a mostly empty sack of sand and a foldable shovel-- it's wide and the build won't bear much stress beyond carrying and pushing sand without breaking, but it's heavy enough to be of use.

The rest is queued for now.
>>
>>27997024
IN CASE OF FIRE BREAK GLASS
Glass is broken
Sand mostly on floor
One fire shovel available
Someone put the fire out
I hope they are okay

Waiting for queued...
>>
Hadn't realized it's nearly 3 AM here, paused.
>>
>>27996303
Holy shit I can see. It's still dark as fuck but I can see. Use the crane to unbend the ladder so we can climb it

Please keep up this level of brightness rather than making it a one time thing like >>27996638 said. I'm on an android and I can't adjust the brightness any higher than I have it. I can still barely see shit if that's what you intended
>>
Bemp
>>
Bump while making update
>>
File: 342.png (39KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
342.png
39KB, 1000x1000px
>>27997210
>>27998103
>>27996638
I go back to the control room and turn the lights on for a moment, trying to get a better idea of what's on the other side.
It seems like... a table, some filers and, yes, a console tackled in a corner-- a small office away from home, probably.
With that done, I turn them back off and give my eyes a moment, then use the crane to lift the side of the ladder with the most pieces attached.
The results are less than stellar-- it'll probably break after me or Mirria climb.
>>
>>28001099
Move the crane over to inbetween the upper platform at the highest unbroken run of the ladder. We can climb the crane itself. Open the gripper all the way to make a more horizontal surface to climb up.
>>
>>28001099
Pull door off its hinges, hold in claw, use to sweep the sand aside to clear the path so it doesn't burn so much.
>>
File: 343.png (25KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
343.png
25KB, 1000x1000px
>>28001283
>>28001385
I grab the locker with the crane and rip it off the wall, then use it to push all the sand out of our way.
With that done, I leave the crane in such a position that we can climb it to the second level.
This time I make Winona stay out of the room, and we climb the crane to the platform, trotting to not burn our hooves.
There are several pieces of bronze embed on the wall, arranged in what seems to be a far larger version of the portcullis that brought us here from the tower.
>>
>>28002008
I really want to know where this one goes. I don't see any controls or anything up here, so we might have to backtrack and go through the forcefield on the lower level. Check what's behind that door in the small light blue room.
>>
File: 344.png (7KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
344.png
7KB, 1000x1000px
>>28002368
We give ourselves a moment to catch our breath as soon as we pass the doorway, the sudden cold nearly painful.
There's a strange box Mirria says its a coffee-making machine against a wall, shaking every few seconds, and a console with constantly changing text in it.
>>
>>28003032
Console, perfect. There's our goal. But first, check in all the cabinets and on all the counters for interesting things. Then the console.
>>
>>28004287
I got in bed underva minute ago.
Paused for the day. And Tomorrow I'll be at work, so expect shaky schedules.
>>
>>28003032
>>28004287
>>28004335

Shit, someone was locked in the cabinet.

Open the cabinet. If someone is in there, tell them you have to stop whatever is running on their terminal before it crashes the mainframe.

Just in case whatever that console is running is vitally important, I'd want a chance to find out before we stop it.

Knowing whether their fist instinct is to help or hinder us is worth the risk of a scuffle. Plus if they've been locked in by whoever started the rogue terminal, freeing them comes first.
>>
>>28005281
The coffee machine is what's shaking, not the cabinet
Thread posts: 248
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.