[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pony Planeswalker CYOA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 218
Thread images: 18

File: Trixie the Great and Powerful.gif (605KB, 150x133px) Image search: [Google]
Trixie the Great and Powerful.gif
605KB, 150x133px
For a pony to become a planeswalker it would have to be a unicorn or an alicorn. Earth and pegasi need not apply and can stay cucked with their singular plane of existence.

Now who's up for a pony planeswalking CYOA? We need:

*a name
*a gender
*an appearance (eye color, coat, mane...)
*a cutie mark
*a mana affiliation
>>
File: MarwBootyColor.png (1MB, 2500x2176px) Image search: [Google]
MarwBootyColor.png
1MB, 2500x2176px
>>27642477
Maru
Female
pic related (some /trash/can's OC that I happened to like the look of)
got nothing for a mark
Blue/Red
>>
>>27642547
sure let's go with that. Let's have a cascade or a waterfall or something as our buttstamp
>>
>>27642477
>hornheads
>any year
>>
>>27642638
>unicorns
>Not objectively the best race
Please leave.
>>
>>27642708
>Objectively best at causing all the problems
>>
>>27642725
>Objectively best at solving all the problems.
FTFY
>>
>>27642738
>solving
>implying half the villains aren't hornheads
>>
>>27642741
Whatever, plebs like you will never understand.
>>
>>27642768
Whatever you say Saruman.
>>
File: Star Platinum is pleased.png (1MB, 1092x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Star Platinum is pleased.png
1MB, 1092x1080px
Star Platinum
Male
A well-built stallion, purple coat, dark blue mane, haircut similar to Soarin
2 light blue shooting stars
Ripple: Ripple is based on using the energy of the sun's rays through breathing and empowering the body with "ripples" of solar energy. While it can be used to destroy vampires and zombies, it can also affect non-living things
Ripple,
>>
File: 1406506817819.png (435KB, 800x470px) Image search: [Google]
1406506817819.png
435KB, 800x470px
The Great and Powerful Trixie
Female
Derp
Also Derp
Esper, or Blue
>>
File: 1408323857067.png (163KB, 1401x825px) Image search: [Google]
1408323857067.png
163KB, 1401x825px
>>27642850

Also, she should rub it in twilight's face before going on grand adventures
>>
File: Ora intensifies.gif (204KB, 198x309px) Image search: [Google]
Ora intensifies.gif
204KB, 198x309px
>>27642793
This
>>
>>27642793
>>27642883

Sauce on shitty OC?
>>
File: yourpost.png (101KB, 299x193px) Image search: [Google]
yourpost.png
101KB, 299x193px
>>27642793
>>27642883
>jojo
>>
File: Shit taste.jpg (43KB, 494x366px) Image search: [Google]
Shit taste.jpg
43KB, 494x366px
>>27642911
>Not liking JoJo
>>
>mix of best ideas thus far chosen

You are Cascade, a female unicorn living in a small village in the outer fringes of Equestria. You have a light purple coat and a flame-red mane and tail. Your namesake cutie mark is a waterfall pouring into a carpet of flames which is ironic considering that you don't realize just how deeply in tune to those forms of universal magic you are, both in body and soul... yet.

Reflecting on yourself for a moment, what best describes you?

(Choose one of each color)

Blue: Logical or Technological?
Red: Impulsive or Chaotic?
>>
>>27642979
Red
>>
>>27643008
>one characteristic of each color
>>
>>27643025
Fug :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Impulsive and Technological
>>
File: Jojos Bizarre Laugh Venture.jpg (52KB, 599x399px) Image search: [Google]
Jojos Bizarre Laugh Venture.jpg
52KB, 599x399px
>>27642979
>light purple coat and a flame-red mane and tail
We Joseph Joestar now?

Either way, Logical and Impulsive seems like the perfect JoJo
>>27642911
>disliking JoJo
>>
>>27642979

Logical/Impulsive
>>
File: Headlights have turned on.gif (999KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
Headlights have turned on.gif
999KB, 500x374px
>>27643051
This
>>
>Logic/Impulse

You are quite notorious for your studious nature. Your neighbors have a laugh whenever you get around to crawling out of your mother's basement to buy groceries or alchemical supplies. But being so much smarter than other ponies has given you a bit of an ego that pushes others away from you, which is fine in your eyes. The less distractions the better. You're also quite impulsive. You researched summoning circles for months, slightly altering the design for maximum efficiency... but you never planned ahead for, you know, exactly WHAT you'd summon or what you'd DO with the summoned creature!

Heads up, it's coming through!

(What did you summon? Accepted types are flying, swimming, elemenal water/fire, etc...)
>>
>>27643177

Obviously a steam elemental.
>>
>>27643177
We summon a creature that is great at hand-to-hand,or hoof-to-hoof combat.
>>
>>27643177
a goo pony or maybe a lamia
>>
>>27643200
Can this not be a fetish thread please?
>>
A combination of >>27643196 and >>27643200 perhaps?
>>
>>27643210
dude, neither of those have to be fetish fuel
>>
>>27642477
>>27642979
>>27643177
Ey QM, put a name on so that I can actually tell which posts to read.
>>
>>27643200
Snek would be interesting. A qt, and also strong enough to be more powerful than us in melee combat. It would round out our party good for starting. We're the mage, they're the melee.
>>
>>27643177
A storm elemental/golem. He can change the weather and use weather based magic. Looks like a small tornado with a bunch of rocks covered in glowing purple runes flying around within it.
>>
>>27643279
So melee snek?
>>
>>27643286
I'm with elementals. of some sort.

>>27643279
Planeswalkers don't get to bring allies with them is my understanding. You need the spark to travel between planes.
>>
>>27643286
Also I forgot to add. The rocks can form together to create a vaguely life-like form if needed. So it looks like floating rocks loosely floating together to create the vague shape of arms and a head. The bottom half of a boddy isn't needed since it's a floating tornado.
>>
The elemental-infused steam lamia bursts into your reality and bows respectfully. You don't have time to revel in your achievement before the scalding steam comprising her body floods the room. You barely managed to crawl up the stairs and weakly plea for help before you passed out.

Weeks of painful rehabilitation dropped your ego down a peg. Your shame burns you inside more than your fully body injury. It's a good thing you weren't interested in a special somepony before because with your scars you're a hard sell now.

Now that your hospital stay is behind you, you've recently successfully summoned a goo pony and a storm golem. You didn't discard the lamia incantation but you'll definitely take care to cast it in an open area from now on.

You take a break from studying and happen to catch your reflection in a nearby flask. You're hard to look at and you wince sadly.

Do you wear a mask or costume in public now? Are you ready to test out your reverse-summoning spell (get your spark)? Or do you think you'll need some supplies?
>>
>>27643413
Mask?
>>
>>27643413
No mask. This will toughen us up. let's earn that spark.
>>
>>27643195
Digging this.
>>
>>27643450
No mask it is
>>
>>27643413
>Just started a quest
>Already scarred for life
I'm already getting mixed feelings on this quest. I like the storm golem though.
>>
>no mask, no supplies, final destination

You furrow your brow and scrunch up your muzzle. Who cares what other ponies think? They are judgemental at face value and fools at their core. You don't need their friendship and you have nothing you need to hide.

Stepping boldly into your summoning circle you attempt an experiment of which there is no record - to unsummon oneself. You draw energy into your horn and its blue hued glow illuminates your basement laboratory in a shower of glyphs. Your mind reels as a secondary energy starts seeping into your mana stream. You can feel it in opposition to the one you're using... but you can't stop now! It builds up more and more, threatening to throw your concentration off but you press onward despite your impending failure. You NEED this to happen! It HAS to happen!

Your body shudders as it begins to phase, your head throbbing, your heart skipping beats as it rings in your ears. You are being torn apart! You scream as everything goes black.

And then you felt the "ping".

With a flaming burst of steam you find yourself... somewhere otherworldly.

What do you see?
>>
File: 1464612216187.gif (141KB, 287x344px) Image search: [Google]
1464612216187.gif
141KB, 287x344px
>>27642477
>MTG lore
>>
>>27643590
A post-apocalyptic fantasy world (like a wasteland but with magic, swords, and dragons and such). Along with an irresistable stallion butt right in our face.
>>
>>27643590

A large plain. Any trees or life forms you see are made of metal. Some of them seems to have ugly black protrusions that don't seem to match the rest of the world's makeup.
>>
>>27643590
Some place that has a Saddle Arabian feel to it.
There also happens to be a sign that says "Cairo"
>>
>>27643627
I would also like to add instead of dragons and other mythical creatures, all that remains in this realm is horrible abominations of monsters beyond comprehension.

And it's permanently a dark and stormy night.
>>
>>
>>27643590

You're in a forest, there are fox girls everywhere. The seem interested in you, but speak a funny language. Very soothing voices though.
>>
First set of dubs chooses from suggested locations.

An overcast plains with scary metal flora/fauna?
A desert town?
A forest with fox girls?
A cute stallion butt in any of the above?
>>
>>27643735
Desert town.
>>
>>27643735
Metal Forest with Foxgirls. Phyrexians have come to Kamigawa.
>>
>>27643744
Well. That was fast.... dang I wanted dark and scary survival.
>>
>>27643758
We're red/blue in a desert. Time for some oasispunk.
>>
>>27643735
Is it possible you could combine it? Like make it a lone town in a scary world? I wish to keep the cute stallion butt though.
>>
No stallion butts, ever.
>>
>>27643843
The poor unicorn pone is scarred for life. This is the perfect opportunity to find ourselves a nice stallion.
>>
>>27643864

She's a strong woman who don't need no man. Mostly because she want dat candyvag.
>>
>>27643735
Your scream is confusingly cut short as a drift of blowing sand causes you to cough and hack. Through watering, squinting eyes you quickly survey your surroundings and find yourself on a sand dune overlooking a desert town. You see no immediate movement in the town but that would seem logical considering a very large sandstorm is slowly rolling this direction from across the horizon.

Despite your current euphoria you sigh - the lonely filly part of you had secretly hoped you'd find yourself in the company of an attractive stallion who was both intelligent and unconcerned with physical appearance. And who was well hung. Sadly it was not in the deck it seems.

You have no idea where this place is but something new deep down inside you innately knows the way home and that comforts and intrigues you.

Do you stay and try and find shelter from the storm?
Do you return home for now?
Or do you press onward to somewhere else?
>>
>>27643954
Press onward to the town. Just make a shield once the sandsorm hits.
>>
>>27643954
Into the town, find either a library or tavern.
>>
>>27643954
into town!
>>
Your path home already burned into your mind, you decide to continue the experiment and explore your new surroundings. As you bound down the dune and draw near the sand-scoured town, you attempt to throw up a forcefield to keep the grains of sand from obstructing your view.

And then, to your horror, you realize that your magic doesn't function the same here! You start to panic as you struggle to build up a reserve of power, your horn leeching the very essence of the land into you.

You're going to need to rethink your spells!

You know Hydroblast innately.

(Choose 3 red and 3 blue official M:tG spells for Cascade to use. They cannot be summons. The game continues tomorrow afternoon.)
>>
>>27644069
>M:tG
I'm ot very familiar with that kind of thing.
This quest would've been a lot simpler if you didn't include it.
>>
Counterspell
Redirect
Stifle

Lightning Bolt
Fireball
Act of Aggression
>>
>>27644118
It's premise is wholly Magic so it's to be expected. But you can still enjoy the ride and help dictate where to go and what to do.
>>
>>27644152
True. I don't think this is the quest I'd truly enjoy playing though. Ima probably drop it. Good luck on your adventure! I'll probably spectate every once in a while to see what's going on though.
>>
>>27644181
Seconded.
>>
>>27644124
Well I'm here OP guy.
>>
File: 318530-nohi-plainswalker.jpg (140KB, 622x702px) Image search: [Google]
318530-nohi-plainswalker.jpg
140KB, 622x702px
Did someone say my name?!
>>
>>27644124
All these blue spells are a little redundant

I'd replace Redirect and stifle by Echoing thruth and Invisibility

As well as Fireball by Wave of Indiference for more versatility
>>
bamp from a dropped player. no need to see this die yet.
>>
File: Image.jpg (35KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
35KB, 223x310px
Boring

I don't care about the rest, but we must go Unglued for pic related and Fowl Play

Awaken the ancient could be also nice is addition to some small red spells
>>
>>27646701
>>27648169
>>
>>27649042
>>
>>27650095
>>
>>27650972
>>
OP is kill
>>
>>27652055
Sorry but no, OP is still a faggot. Gotta love unscheduled overtime! Continuing where we left off...

Cascade makes haste towards the desert town as the winds begin to pick up. Struggling to find her usual flow of magic she begins siphoning the raw energies out of the land instead. Ideas begin forming in her mind for spells she had never cast before in her life yet now intrinsically felt privy to. This new sensation would be her main focus of study were she not currently both in a strange world and impending danger.

Her temporary spell list is as follows:

(B) Hydroblast: A powerful water beam that counters fire spells and kills fire creatures.
(B) Redirect: Change or reverse a spell's target.
(B) Stifle: Counter a natural ability being used (medusa gaze, etc..).
(R) Lightning Bolt: Damage a target with electricity.
(R) Fireball: Chargeable fire attack; more mana = more fire.
(R) Act of Aggression: Possess target creature for a short time but weakens self.

She eventually makes her way to the outer wall of the town. The wall, about 10 feet high is made of roughly hewn sandstone. Despite being worn from constant storms its surface still remains slightly jagged. There's no gate or entrance in sight, though.

What do you do?
>>
>>27652055
Ya, not trying to be mean, but next time OP, you should just make things simpler. I like the quest and a lot of other people saw potential in it.

The problem is you included the M:tG system. Most players don't like complicated systems, they just want to suggest and see what happens next.

Also it's from player choices. You should've never said our character was scarred for life at the start of the game, where we couldn't do anything to react or stop it.

And you should do your best to appease all the players. Instead of saying "first set of dubs gets the special treatment" just try to combine their suggestions together as best as possible.
>>
>>27652323
Fair enough. However, the mc getting burned was pre-adventure. The opening bit was to flesh out her backstory a little before she became a planeswalker. NOW the adventure is beginning. As to relying heavily on M:tG mechanics, don't worry, it's mostly for flavor, I'm not going to have players keep track of HP and tap mana, but if something difficult is attempted or if there isn't an abundance of a particular mana course around I might say the spells don't work right or a strained.
>>
>>27652323
Well even though I dropped the quest, I'll play it a bit for now.

Let's try walking along the wall, maybe the entrance is on the other side. When it comes to using magic, I probably won't know what to do.
>>
>>27652796
Players don't need to worry about the mechanics of the actual M:tG game. Just pick spells from her spell list and cast them when needed. If something in the story prevents it then it wont happen. She can also try and summon player-invented flying and swimming creatures as well as water/fire-themed elementals. But as the intro taught her, you should think twice about summoning a dangerous creature near yourself or you could get hurt...

Cascade makes haste, tracing the edge of the wall, stumbling along trying to keep her balance in the shifting sands. The brunt of the storm is blocked by the town walls between her and the horizon but as she rounds the edge the winds push into her, slowing her movement with choking grains. However, as she struggles to plod onward she notices a crack in the stone near the bottom of the wall. On closer inspection she finds it extends downward slightly and onto the other side where crushed flagstone pavement can be seen.

The crack isn't big enough to crawl all the way through but it does provide slight shelter from the blowing winds. Should she wait here, try to press onward to find a gate further ahead or try something else? Going home is also an option.
>>
>>27652951
Maybe we could try using a fireball to blast open the crack a little more. Try to use enough magic to open it up, but don't make it so huge that we attract unwanted attention from the other side. They shouldn't hear much through the sandstorm anyways.
>>
Looking towards the crimson-hued sky as it slowly disappears in a blanket of darkness you realize that inaction is no longer an option. With disaster quickly approaching you draw forth the warmth of the ground beneath you and channel it into your horn. It happens much smoother than you anticipated and you had to mentally dial back your effort. In a flaming blast the crack is widened, a shower of jagged rock flying into the wind. In seconds the charred rock cools and you find you can squeeze through.

Though the dusty drifts you note your surroundings. A few sun-faded stone humbles are near you, a few larger ones across the narrow way and a small tower-like structure off to the side. You know there are other buildings nearby but the hurricane force sandblast is beginning to physically push you around. You deduce correctly that if you are going to remain here for much longer you need to find shelter or else.

Try one of the two nearby buildings?
Go for the larger one across the street?
Run to the tower?
Or something else?
>>
>>27653005
Let's go for the two nearby buildings since they're closer. Before we go in though, check each one for inhabitants, hopefully at least one of the buildings will be empty for us.
>>
It would be logical to find shelter in the smaller structures, you reason. The force of the storm would pass over the smaller buildings much smoother than the larger ones, and a courtesy glance reveals they may have possibly been designed to do so. As you near them you discover their roofs to be metallic, possibly brass, and domed. Your heart sinks, however, when you saddle up to them only to discover they have no apparent normal windows or doors! They both sport a curious stonework portal mechanism of sorts which suggests it "may" be a way inside, but you don't know if that's the case.

Study the mechanism and try and discover its function? (the storm will be upon you)
Brute force the mechanism? (possibly dangerous)
Try to make it to the larger building or tower? (the storm will be upon you)
Go home or try something else?
>>
>>27653344
Well the only beneficial route now is to just go back home until the storm finally passes over.
>>
With a grunt of resignation you accept the reality of the situation and step away from the device. Even if you COULD figure it out there's no telling what's on the other side and if it would react hospitably towards your intrusion. The billowing sand engulfs you as you hunch down and focus on that point of light deep in your mind. In a heartbeat you phase from existence and find yourself in your familiar abode. You also note that all the sand that had found its way into your mane, muzzle, ears, and "other places" has accompanied you. Despite your discomfort at the very least you can perform experiments on the sediments later so the trip wasn't a complete loss.

Clean yourself up and rest?
Collect the samples and run tests?
Food? Supplies? Another trip?
Something else?
>>
>>27653506
We should clean our selves up and then try to run tests on the otherworldly stuff. That way we can have our magic hopefully function at full potential there too.
>>
Never one to intentionally squander an opportunity for knowledge, Cascade trots over to her emergency shower and rinses herself off. She is comforted by the soothing waters washing over her but also in the fact that her inherent unicorn pony magic has returned to her. Oddly enough her newfound magical abilities have similarly disappeared save for Hydroblast, a spell she had long perfected since childhood. She'd have to look into that.

After painstakingly cleaning every grain of sand off of (and out of) her body, Cascade sets up her lab table and runs tests on the samples. Aside from being ordinary silica to the untrained casual, the sample radiates an ever so slight residue of a type of mana. Until today Cascade had only been intimate with one of them and forced herself to adapt to a second, though with great effort. But this new color, green, perplexed her. She doubts she could ever channel it effectively, but it would be useful to study further nonetheless.

Stretching her limbs for a bit she decides to...?
>>
>>27653656
Even if we can't channel it effectively, we could still probably learn some more things off of it. Let's study for some more then rest shortly after.

This quest is actually getting more and more interesting now since it's not as stat based as I thought. I think I'm going to join back in as a dedicated player. Though I'm gonna go to sleep now. Since I'm the only other person here I think, this thread will die from lack of bumps while I sleep. I look forward to more though.
>>
>>27653694
Glad to hear it. I'll continue tomorrow if I have the day off. If the thread dies I'll make a new proper one. Hopefully others will find it interesting enough to join in.

With a snap of stretched joints, Cascade sits back on the bench and dives back into plumbing the secrets of this opposing mana. She'd work deep into the night as was her norm, her journey resuming another day.

To be continued.
>>
File: Dumb vampireposter.jpg (45KB, 403x392px) Image search: [Google]
Dumb vampireposter.jpg
45KB, 403x392px
>>27642931
>>27643051
>Unironically thinking Jojo isn't rat shit
JOESTARS GET OUT

WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>>
File: 1378398555579.jpg (96KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1378398555579.jpg
96KB, 900x900px
>>
>>27651838
>>
>>27655665
>>
It was past dawn when Cascade collapsed from exhaustion onto the sagging mattress of her camp bed. Not even the night owl spell she often employed on nights of heavy research could keep her moving any longer. The excitement of the previous day disappeared into darkness as she drifted into a deep slumber.

Twisted and strange visions came to her in her sleep. Monsters of unimaginable size and shapes formed and dissipated as if only to make their existence known to her. Strands of colors swirled and pooled into a great eternity and wound through everything she envisioned.

It was past noon when she awoke. Cascade walked upstairs to freshen up a bit and get something to eat. Her home was empty as usual at this time of day. A plate of muffins and a quick note from her thoughtful mother was left for her in her spot at the dinner table. A full stomach later and the neophyte planeswalker Cascade Admixture was ready to start her day.

Go out for a walk or to buy supplies?
Return to the lab and resume research on the soil sample?
Planeswalk back to the desert realm and see if the storm has passed?
Or do something else?
>>
>>27656566
Let's go out for a walk, see what news the town has
>>
The soil sample had revealed something to her that she'd been overlooking her entire life - the energy radiating off of it was also radiating off of everything else! While she had been using pony magic her entire life she had never really felt the raw presence of this purest form of mana as she did now. She theorized that whatever event happened to her the day before also opened her eyes to the inner workings of the universe.

Cascade decided to take a stroll through town and take note on just how this newly discovered energy played a part in her own world.

Her village on the outskirts of known Equestria, resides near:

An open plain?
The ocean?
A swamp?
A mountain?
A forest?
>>
>>27656685
It's on a mountain. Near the top.
>>
>>27656685
Tolarian Academy :^)
On a serious note, roll with something like Tundra.
Potential for conflict with White mana
Possibilities to benefit from Blue mana
If you don't want to, just go with the ocean.
>>
>>27656800
This
>>
>>27656685
Volcanic island. Gives us the blue and the red.
>>
The crisp mountain air invigorated Cascade as she stepped outside the home she shared with her mother. A hint of sea breeze wafted on the wind from the ocean down the cliff side. Immediately Cascade was aware of the abundance of red and blue energies as they permeated the area. She was fascinated at the aura they radiated, how bright, how natural and couldn't help but smile with excitement being able to experience this heightened awareness of the world.

Taking notes as she walked down the path into the village proper, she decided to go where?

Tavern where her mother works?
Into the flea market to buy supplies?
Mines for rock samples?
Down the cliff to the ocean?
Somewhere else?
>>
>>27656888
First of all, to the tavern. Keep the family informed
>>
>>27656922
This. Let's have a drink while we're at it.
>>
Cascade thrust her head high, slightly more arrogantly than she might have realized, and strut past the tarpaulin tents and vendors in the marketplace. She was used to the cold stares she received wherever she went, but she was still annoyed to be treated as a spectacle for a cosmetic reason. Perhaps if word got out she was a powerful mage now then those stares of pity would be replaced with ones of jealously? She smirked to herself as she beelined for the tavern.

Ashen steam was escaping from the vents in the cliff side today. While the town was built on a dormant volcano, wards held the lava at bay. Maybe they needed reinforcing later? She noted this as she stepped into the tavern.

It's mostly quiet inside. Cascade's mother serving drinks to a band of local lushes, a few travelers siting at the bar talking with the bartender.

What does Cascade do?
>>
Cascade approaches the bar and the bartender grunts under his breath. The travelers glance over at her and wince with equal parts surprise and disgust. Your mother sees you and scrunches up her muzzle in a worried smile as she looks to the disgruntled bartender. You don't normally visit the tavern ever since you were gently informed your appearance makes other ponies sick to their stomach and is bad for business. But today you ARE the business! The travelers scoot to the side to make room for you but keep their gaze from meeting yours.

"Ahem. You want somethin'? Respectfully speakin', ah... Make it quick, yeah?"

Charming as ever. What are you drinking? Cider? Harder cider? Milk? Water?
>>
>>27657093
Geeze. Are our scars really that bad? I hope we can find some way to fix it later on.

Anyways, let's go for some tea. Chai, perhaps.
>>
The bartender grunts with annoyance and fishes around under the bar for a moment. He blows the dust off of a tea bag and heads into the back room for a moment to fetch a kettle. As he goes about preparing your drink you overhear the hushed whispers of the travelers. Their work outfits suggest they come from the western lands, possibly hired helpers. Funny how they can gossip about you just as easily as ponies from your hometown. One of them notices you paying attention to his rudeness and he quickly raises his voice in an unconvincing attempt to fake a different conversation he was having among his group.

"SO! Yeah! We, ah, should... definitely take the southern pass through the valley."

"Oh? Oh! Right! Yup. That sounds best."

Your mother finishes dropping off a platter of drinks at a table and walks up beside you.

"Little one! I'm... surprised to see you here! Is, ah, is everything alright?"
>>
>>27657433
"We're fine, mother. Just taking a short break from my experiments, that's all."
Just ignore everyone who is listening in on us. If they want to hear, then just let them.
>>
>>27657433
More than fine, my studies have never been this fruitfull. Reason we're here, we felt like celebrating
>>
>>27657545
>>27657557
We should also emphasize on our magic capabilities. We need to show these ponies that we're better than they think.
>>
"How wonderful, my little scholar! I'm so happy you are... making progress!" she says with a smile. You catch a glimpse of the bartender miming an insinuating look towards his patrons who silently nod in agreement that you must be insane. Snubbing them you hold your attention on your mother as she heads behind the bar to talk with you.

"So did you ever get that spell working the way you wanted to, little one?" she asks.
>>
>>27657675
You betcha. We visited another world already, even brought some samples
>>
>>27657719
This. Also, there was signs of civilization there too.
>>
Your mother gets that look on her face, the one where she tries to convince you that she believes what you tell her. You hate that look. From the corner of your eyes you can see the bartender hold out his front legs as if to say "SEE?! I TOLD YOU SHE'S CRAZY!". The room grows uncomfortably silent save for a few guffaws and an awkward cough or two.

"Oooh! Haha! I-is that right, little one? Hahaha! Your mama is soooo proud of you! Ha! Haaah..."

You're reminded just how much you hate socializing with others. Spill some more spaghetti?
>>
>>27657815
Let's just say we have to get back to our studies
In reality, let's take a walk outside of town where we're alone and can get refreshed by the cool mountain air. Maybe we find something interesting
>>
>>27657815
We could just perform a planewalking spell right here, right?
>>
>>27657815
Let's enter the other plane right here and right now just to shove it in everyone's faces.
>>
Your mother frowns as you stand up and exclaim that you're going back to your studies. You know she loves you but your presence is shameful, at least that's what you believe. But with a wry smile you whip your mane back and enter your trance, pulling deep down into yourself. The other customers watch in silence to wait and see just what kind of spectacle you're going to make of yourself. But you'll show them...

Where shall you planeswalk?

Back to the desert realm? (The sandstorm should be over, right?)
Try to find another realm? (The colors of mana pull at you like beacons from across the grey maelstrom between worlds.)
Should you gather some supplies first this time, just in case you want to collect samples or experiment?
>>
>>27657939
Back to the desert!
>>
>>27657939
Let's go back to the desert. Maybe try to come in from a distance so we'll be away from the brunt of the storm if it's still there, but still close enough to walk to it.
>>
"Little one?" was the last thing you hear before your surroundings change. The coolness of the mountain is plunged into the sweltering heat of the desert plane. You discover you have slight control over where you will appear and choose to materialize slightly further away from the town than before.

The sky's color has changed to a bluish green now, presumably because the storm has thankfully subsided. But as you crest the dune to look out over the town you discover nothing but sand and rubble. Sections of the mighty wall lay scattered across the sand for miles as if their meter-thick bricks were nothing but a child's wooden blocks. You swallow hard in the arid air, silently thankful that you had the common sense to evacuate when you did. Were the residents, if there even were any to begin with, that lucky?

Will you investigate the ruins?
Explore the dunes?
Try and find another plane?
Go home?
>>
>>27658056
Ruins first
>>
>>27658056
>didn't say goodbye or anything to ma
bitch

explore ruins, apologize to mom next time you see her
>>
Cautiously you make your way down the shifting slope and towards the ruins of the town. You can't sense the same energy flowing through here as it did before, in fact it's much more muted. Perhaps the source disappeared when the town was destroyed because it WAS the source? Or maybe it was just prevalent due to the storm? You think about this as you wander through the rubble. You see the tower and larger row of buildings you had briefly given thought to use as a shelter earlier uprooted from their foundations and smashed into stones. The large brass domes from several buildings lay half-buried in the sand a good half a mile away. It's safe to conjecture that the sandstorms in this realm don't usually reach that level of intensity, since the majority of these buildings might have stood a chance otherwise.

You locate the small buildings you ran to before to discover their mechanisms smashed apart. Those WERE doors apparently, as one of them is cracked open slightly. However the stone slabs are off-center now and the heavy shutters refuse to move. The only light illuminating the dark interior is the single sliver of sunlight from the crack.

The rest of the ruins from a cursory glance reveal no signs of life or even dead for that matter. A hollow flute-like tone of a whistle hums in the air from the gentle wind passing over the shattered remains of the brass domes, enhancing the eerie atmosphere. An odd abundance of bone-like metal shavings cover the ground. With you squinting in the bright, exhausting sunlight you had failed to notice them right away.

Take samples of the soil, rocks or metals?
Force open the ruins?
Explore more?
Go home or elsewhere?
>>
File: 1399351953880.jpg (65KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1399351953880.jpg
65KB, 600x600px
>>27654784
>>
File: 1399485670737.jpg (154KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1399485670737.jpg
154KB, 1024x1024px
>>27658764
>>
>>27658327
Let's check the ruins
>>
The misaligned stone door is far too heavy to force open manually. Had you your Equestrian pony magic you could use telekinetic power to manipulate it but such is not the case. You're too curious to give up now, though, so you step back a moment to consider your options.

Fireball? Lightning Bolt? Summon something?
>>
>>27659892
Summon our storm golem/elemental from the posts >>27643286 and >>27643332
>>
Curious to see if you can still summon forth monsters in this new world, you focus on a creature you'd bound in the past. The circle of energy glows, the runes flare to life and the golem phases from its paraelemental universe into this one with a thundercrack. All it takes is a gesture of your hoof and the golem muckles onto the door with blind obedience. A heavy grating sound accompanies the stone slab as it's wrenched off its hinges and cast to the ground. The golem moves to the side to allow you entrance and to await any further instructions.

Shall you lead the way or send in the golem? If there's anyone or anything in the building, diplomacy might be an issue the golem cannot peacefully carry out.
>>
>>27660019
let's send the golem in but follow behind in case we meet others
>>
>>27660019
We are a brave mare, we shall lead the way!
>>
>>27660037
>>27660038
How about we go in at the same time side by side? Best of both worlds, am I right?
>>
You weigh the pros and cons of going into the building first. It could be trapped, but then again if anypony is inside they could become afraid or hostile if they see a golem storming in. Taking a deep breath you order the golem to accompany you in lockstep. The tingle of static from its body stings your side but thankfully the singularly large room was spacious enough for the both of you to have personal space, as well as empty both your disappointment and relief.

The room appeared to be a storage unit, solid stone on all sides but the top, a dome of solid metal. With the door open the soft breeze blowing through caused a deep whistle-like hum to reverberate overhead. In the center of the room sat the only furnishing, a very large, featureless stone cylinder. On top is attached one of the mechanisms similar to one that had adorned the outer door before the sandstorm destroyed it.
>>
>>27660179
open up that puppy
>>
Taking time to study the top mechanism carefully, you theorize that it is more than just a mechanical lock, but a device that can be powered up somehow. You could only guess as to what would make it work but trial and error is always an option. So is brute force, as crude and unscientific as it may be.

Hydroblast?
Lightning Bolt?
Fireball?
Golem smash?
Something else?
>>
>>27660332
Powered up? Let's try Lightning Bolt
>>
>>27660332
Let's let the golem use the storm golem use the lightning bolt.
>>
All mechanical devices you know of need electricity to function. So must be the case with this one. You stand a few feet away and draw forth a crackling ball of static... but at the last minute you let it dissipate. You have NO idea what COULD happen if you charge up the lid on that device and blindly taking chances like that could prove fatal. So you order your golem to do it instead and back safely into the doorway. The golem lays a hand on the lid and spins the runes around its body building up pow-

*BOOM*

You wake up laying a few feet away in the sand. Your head is pounding and your mouth is dry. The sun has moved across the sky a few degrees and the shadows longer than before, you must have been unconscious an hour or more. You slowly haul yourself to your hooves and assess yourself for damage. You are scraped up and sunburned and your ears are still ringing but otherwise you're fine.

The air around the doorway lingers of smoke and all is just as silent as before. Your golem is nowhere to be seen.
>>
>>27660451
Wew, good thing I suggested that. The golem can be summoned again, right? Please don't tell me he's dead. It'll make me sad.
>>
>>27660451
let's check already
>>
Peering inside you notice thousands of tiny metal marbles all over the floor. Some are seemingly rolling around on their own accord whilst others seem to contort and pulse. You take a moment to observe their actions all the while cursing that you neglected to bring something with you to carry some home in.

But will you even interact with them is the question you ask yourself. What were they doing in that dangerous jar in the first place?
>>
>>27660537
They seem to be sentient in someway.
>>
>>27660537
Let's try to find a bowl shaped object or urn to place them in for when we decide to leave.
>>
You watch the marbles for a while. They roll about in a disorganized pattern. You drum up the courage to prod one with a hoof but it doesn't react as if understood that you did anything much less the fact you were there. You pick one up and cradle it a bit in your hooves but, again, nothing but limited movement and vibrating. The desert heat is taking its toll on you. You take a moment to plan how you can get some of these little things home with you. For a town that was just through an intense calamity, there is a surprising lack of garbage around. No paper, no pottery, no nothing that would suggest anypony lived here at all! Just decimated stone and metal shavings everywhere.
>>
>>27660658
We can go home to quickly grab something.
>>
>>27660679
This. Let's go home and cool off for an hour, then come back.
>>
>>27660696
No. We go home, Come back to collect the marbles, Then go home and rest. There's no knowing what will happen while we're gone.
>>
File: Amalthea.png (199KB, 375x524px) Image search: [Google]
Amalthea.png
199KB, 375x524px
Made this in a couple minutes.
>>
>>27660751
For some reason it has a blue boarder.
oops.
>>
Sometimes the easiest solution to a problem is the most direct one. You phase back into your realm into your lab and flop down on your bench to catch your breath and have a cold drink for a moment. You have a splitting headache. You never gave it a lot of thought earlier but this dimensional teleporting takes a lot out of you. You suggest to yourself that you should try to minimize how many times you do it per day lest you get stuck somewhere without the energy to return home.

But you're confident you can squeeze out another round trip today. After all you'd love to experiment on those metal ball things, you just need something to carry them in. A few other things wouldn't hurt either like a saddle bag or even some shades. Or some sunscreen! Ouch!

Do you really want to go back today?
What containers, clothing or supplies will you take?
>>
>>27660757
Shall I make all of these with ideas into cards?
>>
>>27660766
Just grab a container and go. Something we're sure will be able to carry them all.
>>
>>27660766
We should take a lot of water and dried food in case something happens and we get stuck in the desert for a bit. Take clothing that's either white o reflective so it will reflect most of the heat off.
>>
Confident in your abilities but loathing to waste time, you toss the most basic of survival goods into a utility bag and fetch a few of the largest beakers you own. You could use some clothing but you never really were into socializing so you never felt the need to dress up. Oh well. You take a deep breath and push the boundaries of reality apart again, stumbling into the ruin in the other world. You scoop up hooffuls of the marbles into the beakers but there are far too many to carry in one go. Still, you assure yourself, you have more than enough to play with. And speaking of they seem much more lively than they did moments ago. Some of them zip across the floor in haphazard patterns while the others making shapes begin forming small forms. You're definitely excited by your discovery. You can't wait to validate yourself in front of your mother and the idiots she serves all day at the tavern.

You're standing inside the ruined building. Is there anything else you need to do on this plane? What shall you do once you go home, assuming that's where you want to go?
>>
>>27660931
I think we should get these back and test them as soon as possible. Something tells me that if they keep getting more active, they might shatter the beakers and become projectiles or something. And taking forms? We should examine whether the forms are self aware or not.
>>
Wasting no time best left for meticulous study you draw down deep into yourself once more. Your head pounds, your heartbeat races, you falter for a moment which sends a tinge of fear racing up your spine, but in the end you collapse into your laboratory. You barely have the energy to stand up, you've pushed yourself to your limit today. You feel the strong urge to sleep but you need to take care of a few things first.

How will you secure your new samples?
Will you take time to rest or will you study for a while?
Or are there other things you plan on doing like visiting your mom?
>>
>>27661081
Rest. That is by far the most important thing right now. Let's make sure the samples can't get out of their containments and nap
>>
>>27661081
Study, we need to find a way to make them less energetic so we can store them properly.
>>
>>27661081
If we can't make them less energetic, then put them in a very, very strong container and bury it or something. Hopefully it won't become something like a bomb when we wake up.
>>
Your head swimming with weariness, you sit down on your bench and unpack your samples. They are indeed growing more and more active, rattling in the container and morphing around and together. With the exception of just two marbles, one moving one and one that morphs, you carefully empty the beakers into a large metal canister with a lid and place that inside a metal strongbox you keep other alchemical supplies in. You poke and prod the small blobs for a while before exhaustion gets the better of you. You quietly plug their flask with a cork and collapse onto your cot. Your mind floods with formless visions and you drift into sleep.

Your mother's voice gently calling from your doorway startles you awake.

"Little one? Are... are you alright? Can mama come in?"
>>
>>27661223
Let mother come in

Hug her because family
>>
>>27661223
Sure. The door isn't locked.
>>
>>27661223
"Yes mom, just hold on a minute."
Before she comes in, check out the metal strongbox for the marbles. Have a shield up while doing it in case it explodes with projectiles in our face.

The last thing we need is a bunch of supersonic marbles flying around near our mother.
>>
You struggle to tell your mother to give you just a moment. Your mouth is so dry and you feel so drained. You struggle to find your balance. What's wrong with you you wonder. As you find your center and stand up you take a quick glance at the samples you left in the beaker. They've seemed to have fused together into a small, spikey ooze. Tossing up a personal shield you quickly check on the bulk of your collection, to discover the same result.

Your mother greets you at your door after you close everything up. You both embrace, you genuinely happy to see her for some reason. She is startled by your affection.

"Little one! Are you alright? You're so pale! You... you haven't touched the meals I've left you for three days! Mama was worried for her little scholar!"

THREE... DAYS?!
>>
>>27661343
Collapse right then and there from exhaustion
>>
>>27661343
Dang. We should've known that tracks of time would be different between planes.

We should show our mom our otherworldly samples. I want to show her that we're successful and not some failure who's gone insane.
>>
>>27661358
I think we just passed out for a very long time. It was a lot of exertion.
>>
>>27661397
Well, if that was the case, then we need water FAST. Not having water for 3 days is terrible.
>>
You lean into your mother and nudge her awkwardly towards your workbench. She seems more concerned with your well being than with your bottles and jars and tubes. You weakly manage to explain to her that the blob in the beaker is from another world, which she nods her head and accepts, but you can tell she's not really listening. Why is she spiiiiiniiiiing aroooound...?

Your waking world disappears.

You wake up disoriented yet again but this time is in the village clinic. You are greeted by a nurse who explains you were dangerously dehydrated and malnourished. The medical team has had you on a saline drip for a few days now. Yet MORE time down the drain... Your samples better be alright or you're going to be pissed.

Morning comes and you're feeling alright enough to check yourself out. What's your game plan now?
>>
>>27661425
Man, we're seriously beating ourselves up. But we must continue onward. For the sake of SCIENCE.
>>
You stretch your legs and take a deep breath of the mountain air, refreshing yourself. You've had a bit too much excitement in the last few days for somepony who rarely leaves her room. You, believe it or not, "overdid things". Hilarious. You strut through town, stares, jeers, same old same old. But on the way home you see the tavern barkeep locking up shop in the middle of the day. You don't care one way or another but he flags you down.

"Stupid filly! Your mother caught your flu and gave it to me! Thank you for that." he grumbles right before projectile vomiting all over the street. You unhesitatingly leave him to his mess and travel up the path home.

When you arrive home all is quiet. Very quiet.
>>
>>27661562
Is our mother sick with what the bartender has? Check on her immediately. The house is just too quiet.
>>
>>27661562
Did we bring back some sort of disease?
Do we have basic medical skills?
Quickly,our mother needs us!
>>
You pause before you open the door. You reflect for a moment on your actions and how selfishly you've acted since, well, a long time. You couldn't bear the thought of making your mother sick with some alien world flu, you do love her after all even if you don't always show it. Deep breath, door open, mama not in sight. Softly you call out to her and search the house. You find her in her bedroom fast asleep.

You gently pull open the shades and head to her bedside and... and... you can't move or speak or think. Your mother, your mama is something to behold. Her coat is thinning and pale, a rash that rivals your own scars is blistered up over every inch of her body and her sheets are covered in vomit. She's flushed and burning with fever. As you go to rush out of her room she stirs.

"L...Lit... tle one? Is tha- *COUGH-COUGH-COUGH*..."
>>
>>27661687
Quickly,practice those basic doctor skills that you never learned on mama!
>>
>>27661687
"D-don't worry mom! I-I can fix this!"
Panic. Cry. Break down. We need to do something fast. Please don't die on us.
>>
>>27661687
I wonder if she's being effected by some kind of otherworldly magic.
>>
>>27661700
>>27661706
Both of these,with the added bonus of muttering no no no no
>>
You're torn between comforting her and seeking medical attention. Your mind racing, you quickly gather some damp towels to place on her forehead and magically send out a distress scroll to the clinic as you give her sips of water. You're shaking just as badly as she is, but yours stems from fear of the unknown, of the what ifs. Did you infect her somehow? Some magic you brought back with you? Was it the samples? And if so then why are you alright? You whimper and cry as you console her, though your sadness only seems to upset your mother even more.

"I'm s-so... so sorry, Little... one" she croaks out. "I should not h-have... ruined your... experi... *COUGH-COUGH* Please... forgive... ma... ma."
>>
>>27661763
"O-of course I f-forgive you"
Break down and cry harder
>>
>>27661763
The sample. Was she driven to mess with it out of curiosity?
>>
>>27661763
Do this >>27661781 then have a sudden realization.

Ruined experiments? Did she touch the newly formed ooze? We need to study as fast as we can. Day and night, who cares. It's our mom on the line.
>>
You break down and hold your mother's hoof tightly. Of course you forgive her. Forgive her. For... wait. The experiment? Did she touch the samples? You wipe away your tears and try to gather yourself. Trembling, you ask her to explain what she meant by ruining the experiment. Your mama blinks away tears and swallows hard.

"The ponies mama work... works with say that Little One is... is crazy!" she says between choked sobs. "Mama know little filly... n-no crazy! *COUGH-COUGH-COUGH* Ughhh... Mama go back... mama see the things in... in your room. They so pretty. So pretty... So... So..." She lapses in and out of coherence and you give her a worried shake while waiting for the medical team to arrive. "M-mmmama... take... some... to show them Lit...tle One... so... smaaaaa..."

She passes out. You try to rouse her but you can't. The medical ponies arrive moments later and cart her away. The samples. You fucked up. This is YOUR fault. You have to fix this.
>>
>>27661877
Find jar
We need to search for a cure
>>
>>27661877
Break down even harder. It's our fault. It's always been our fault. We're the reason why we got these scars. We're the reason why we neglected our family and lived in a basement. Now we're the reason why the town hates us and why our mother's hurt.
>>
>>27661912
>>27661899
These two
>>
As you watch your mother taken away you fall to the floor and break down emotionally, ironic given your suppressed past. Science always came before family, logic always trumped emotion. Your mother's smile was seldom reciprocated by you. But where did your path lead you, that studying, that experimentation? The floor. You could hardly get lower than that.

Science got you into this mess so hopefully it can get you out of it. Bounding down the stairs you reflexively throw up a health bubble to hopefully prevent any toxins from effecting you. Bursting through the door a horrifying sight greets you - the samples, or rather what you believe to be the samples, have overtaken their inappropriately sealed containers and branched out across the room in a metallic weave of thorns and burs. The nettles seem to know where you are standing and point towards you, silently urging you to prick yourself on them. A thin grease lightly bubbles out of each hypodermic nettle and coats your bedroom floor. This... this is going to be a problem.
>>
>>27660751

>(2) cost listed after the colored mana costs

if you gonna do autistic shit at least do it like an autist. unicorn is cute though
>>
>>27662006
My goodness. We just collected seeds...

Collect the grease. That's probably what got into our mom's bloodstream.

after we get the grease, we should summon our trusty storm elemental-golem-thing. Since he's a tornado with rocks, he should be close to immune to poisonous plants.
>>
Using your telekinesis you scoop up a glob of grease and drop it into a beaker, when it suddenly lurches outwards and splatters onto your bubble. Startled and backpedaling you scramble backwards as the slime attempts to find a vulnerability in your spell. You feel yourself sinking and realize your entire house is beginning to sag! The slime is moving up the walls and rotting everything it touches! Your research, your thesis, your favorite bed... all dissolve and collapse into twisted, blackened shapes. Panicking you burst outwards with the bubble to fling the otherworldly goo off of you and summon your faithful golem. He would have responded had he not been blown up days before. You haven't had time to rewrite the spell to summon another one you hadn't already bound before!

Your instincts overwhelmingly suggest you get the hell out of your home, but you might not get another chance to grab what sparse irreplaceable possessions you and your mother own.
>>
>>27662138
Get said priceless possessions and high-tail it outta there!
>>
As you rush towards the exit you feel a pang in your heart to try and salvage a few family heirlooms. Your deceased father's portrait, your grandma's favorite cookpot, your mother's favorite book. You desperately snag random objects with your magic and haul them in a trail behind you like some twisted pied piper. Your logic curbs your impulse when the floorboards buckle and collapse into the slimy depths. You barely make it out of the remnants of your home, let alone with the baubles and knickknacks scattering about your lawn.

A muscular and angry looking stallion stands staring down at your sinking home. He looks like he's been at war for years and that's just considering his rugged form and not his tattered animal skin garments. He turns to you with a sour grimace on his face and speaks in a low, gravelly undecipherable language. When it becomes apparent that you have no idea what he's saying he just snorts and turns his attention back on your house. He raises a hoof that illuminates with cinders and he stomps hard into the ground, a pulse of red mana coursing into the soil.

Before you can question his motives or what he just did, the ground begins to shake violently. The steam that had been pouring through the cliff face under the town now explodes in a billowing cloud of ash. The giant pony turns to you and says something in a low voice and then casts his eyes to the ground with a frown and a sigh as he phases from existence. He must have the same powers as you!

The ground shudders and heaves. He must have destroyed the seals down in the volcano! Forget your house, the whole town is in danger!

Try and follow the stranger?
Find the maintenance mages and see if they can fix the seals?
Look for your mother?
Try something else?
>>
>>27662280
Seals, lives are in danger! Including our mother's!
>>
You barely have to time to formulate a plan as an eruption blows a side of the cliff down into the sea and taking a chunk of the marketplace with it. You focus all of your might into teleporting and chain yourself across town to the mage hall. You won't be doing that again anytime soon, but then if the volcano erupts you aren't going to do anything else ever again! Crashing through the entrance you find the place abandoned. Where are the staff?! Where are the crews?! Are they already down in the volcano?! A powerful earthquake leads you to believe that isn't the case.

An evacuating pony in the street takes a second to warn you to leave as everyone else who wasn't sick with the flu has already begun to themselves. This can't be happening you repeat to yourself over and over. As you take a moment to get your bearings you see a sight that makes your heart sink and drops you to the ground.

The metallic plants your mother had clearly given to the tavern patrons had already taken root in town and began ensnaring ponies and ravaging the landscape. A nightmarish assortment of slimy wriggling corpses dangled from their positions high above the streets as the lethal goo seeped to the ground below.

You can't fix this.

What do you do you ask yourself as explosions of super-heated gasses shatter the very ground under your feet and a web of silvery death sprawls above you. What DO you do? What CAN you do?

...What SHOULD you do?
>>
>>27662421
Wake up from this nightmare.

Seriously WTF!
>>
>>27662421
Geeze man. My power goes out, so I missed 2 hours of the quest.... and I come back to this. This seriously has to be a nightmare. Please stop OP, you're scaring us.
>>
>>27662421
I think I pieced together what is happening.

We brought an invasive species from another plane into our world. As a result, it starts to grow, thrive, and ravage the land.

A fellow planeswalker jumps in and jumpstarts the volcano. Most likely in an attempt to kill off the invasive species before it can destroy nearly all of Equestria.

As for what to do? I don't care anymore about this place. We basically diseased and killed everyone who lives here.

Let's go to the hospital. Get our mom. And planeswalk out of here with her and never return.
>>
>>27662817
>Get our mom.
Who's already on the brink of death and we're unable to do research on the "plant" or take care of her in any way. The only place we know of is some desolate ruins. We'd need a hospital and a new lab. to even have a chance.
>>
The clinic is a clusterfuck of activity. As it turns out, a large portion of the town's population was sick from the otherworldly flu when you left a short time ago. Now everypony that isn't dead or has already evacuated is crowded here to see their loved ones escape from this nightmare.

Pushing through the panicked masses you find your mother unattended in one of the rooms. She's delirious, twitching uncontrollably. She's going on about cooking your favorite soup and blindly asking the wall if it would like some. Through tear-flooded eyes you fumble with her iv drip and bed restraints all the while listening to her hum a lullaby.

There's a tremor followed by a massive explosion. An instinctive brief gap of silence is shared by all at the hospital and then a unified scream as the shockwave tears into the building followed by a searing blast of flames. You embrace your mother, spark already charged and pour forth from inside you to whisk you both from the realm.

In a single second of clarity your mama manages to make eye contact with you and ask if that's you... right before the energies of the blind eternities shred her on a molecular level. She pours from your hooves like sand from an hourglass and is whipped into the vortex between the worlds.

To be continued.
>>
>>27663754
I hope you understand that after all of this bullshit you forced us through the only logical action is to either kill ourself or become a hopeless drunk. Enjoy your edgeventure.
>>
>>27663776
This. I know you just want to continue the story OP, but you seriously have to tone down on the railroading. In like less than ten posts, plants ravaged the landscape, a magical guy appeared out of nowhere and doomed the town, and now our mother is dead.

You should really just reverse all of this stuff that happened. I'd like to go back to when we first appeared back from the desert, right before we fell asleep for three days. Everyone would appreciate it.
>>
>>27663861
I bet the comatose bit was just to railroad us to the point where everything went to hell. Didn't want to give us a chance to prevent all of this mess.
>>
>>27663882
Probably. This was absolutely unfair though. The complete opposite of fun.

It's like you're playing a video game, and you get stunned for a long time and all player actions are completely disregarded. Only to get tossed off the convenient instakill cliff when you get out of the stun.

OP should just reverse all of this and say that it was simply a nightmare.
>>
>>27663989
I never really had someone do this before in a story I've read, and I don't like it!

I want to play a story with endless branches to different endings, not a railroad covered in broken branches. (I don't even know what I'm saying, I just got up from sleeping.)

Also, pmub (bump)
>>
>>27663776
>>27663861
>>27663882
>>27663989
>>27664386
OP here with a quick note. I rushed a bit with how the whole town was suddenly lolfucked, true, but this is a M:tG themed game. The "samples" the mc brought back with her were extremely lethal substances in the M:tG universe, but she doesn't know this as of yet and depending on player actions she may never even know. The story will continue with the next thread and will follow a proper cyoa format with minimal railroading from thereon out. And who's to say the town being destroyed and her mother dying isn't reversible? It's just one more thing to fix.
>>
>>27664638
Alright. I'll forgive you if you go easy on us and allow us to fix our scars, save our mom, and fix the village as quickly and as easily as we lost them with no more "X comes outta nowhere and ruins everything."

After we get everything fixed, then maybe you could start changing the difficulty again.

When are you running again? If it's soon, we can just keep bumping this thread instead.
>>
>>27664638
I'm more butt hurt over knocking us out until it was to late to do anything. We never even got a chance to realize they were dangerous, despite what you said.
>>
>>27664904
Indeed... if we fix one problem all the other problems would be too big to do anything about them.

>>27664638
And, I'm having a hard time with forgiving. I know that it's hard not to railroad but, at this point; like I said earlier. The problems have stacked up, we'd probably only get to fix one problem before things go to shit.

I'm not too sure if I will come back to this story, I might but, I'm not too sure.

So... bye. If this story starts to do better I might come back.
>>
>>27666655
>>
>>27665735
>>27664904
>>27664738

OP again. I'm not going to continue until next week so you can let this thread die for now. I thought I'd just leave a quick message explaining why a few things have happened as they have. For starters I should have explained that while we were generating the mc, that it was actually taking place in the past. When she got burned by the steam I can see where players would be like "wtf now we're ugly this game a shit". I believe in giving a fair chance to players during a cyoa but there has to be a believable medium ground to work with as well. The mc getting burned happened because the players summoned a dangerous creature in an enclosed space and it unintentionally injured her (in the past). But I allowed it to happen so the character HERSELF would learn from her mistake and have foresight for later encounters. Allow me to explain:

If, for example, she were standing in a room full of gunpowder and she summoned a fire elemental to help her carry some, it would be ridiculous for her not to blow up. Some players might even be offended at the kid gloves approach where you can't lose no matter what, the game stops being a game at that point. However, now that the mc has a history with accidental self injury, I as a qm can hint that she might have reservations about doing something unsafe while allowing an element of danger.

As far as things M:tG related in the quest, if you're familiar with the card game then you might get some references, but it's equally good to have players blindly work things out. I'm not going to copy actual worlds or NPCs from the M:tG universe, we're going to build them as we go along like with the desert planet. There will be M:tG related spells and some creatures, but overall this cyoa is still built as we go along.

I did rush the chapter ending and unfairly took control away by knocking out the mc until it was too late. Ah, but this is a M:tG story. M:tG stories are built upon tragedies... ^;)
>>
>>27667373
I understand what you're getting at when it comes to realism and safety, like fire in a room full of gas, but you could at least warn us if something we do might be illogical.

We never knew that our room would be so small, but the mc probably could have noticed that the steam would end up burning us. Try to warn us about things before we end up doing something that a normal sane person would point out.

Also, even if it is the character's past, it's still a cyoa. We can do anything within reason. That includes healing our scars. If you can say we can bring our mom back to life, then we could do just about anything, given we have the time to prepare first.
Thread posts: 218
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.