[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MFW even if you get reborn in Equestria you will still be the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 14

MFW even if you get reborn in Equestria you will still be the loser you are irl..
>>
>>27583342
at least you would be in equestria.... and have a talent
>>
>>27583342
havent watched the episode, is this gordon ramsay pony?
>>
>>27583377

DYEWTS

or

b8

can't tell.
>>
File: 1429938162351.png (2MB, 1329x940px) Image search: [Google]
1429938162351.png
2MB, 1329x940px
>>27583342
If I'm a pegasus I don't give a shit, I can fucking fly now.
>>
>>27583393
not anymore apparently
>>
File: Boomers.jpg (38KB, 450x336px) Image search: [Google]
Boomers.jpg
38KB, 450x336px
>>27583370

tfw this episode doesn't make sense in-universe. Shouldn't he be off doing, you know, his talent? He's an adult, he has a cutie mark, shouldn't his path in life be very clear to him? There's just certain concepts that don't belong in Equestria, purposelessness is simply not a valid concept here.

Couldn't Shy's brother have just been really mistaken about something? Why does it have to be ennui? Why does literal joblessness even have to come into that when the Equstrian economy still hasn't been explained to us and will probably never be explained to us?

I find it hard to believe this episode was written for any other reason than to insult millenials and slander them as lazy. Guess what constantly pops up in stateside media all the time? The notion that millenials are too lazy and self-involved to define themselves the way previous more "noble" generations of Americans did and it's obvious they do it to shift the blame from their failure to generally run and maintain this country.

tl;dr, he's "millenials are lazy" meme in pony form
>>
>>27583526
I like you.
>>
>>27583526
well, maybe not the pic, loool
>>
File: image.jpg (9KB, 125x124px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9KB, 125x124px
>>27583526
>unironically posting horsey comics
>millenials aren't lazy ungratefull trash.

You know what they said about going full retard right?
>>
>>27583526
>Actually defending millennials
>Shitting on America's golden generation.
>Posting Horsey, unironically.

Good bait, you had me going there.
>>
>>27583526
While I don't disagree with you entirely, I feel as though I should point out a very blatant and unliked truth. America is a country based around growth. We prosper when we have something important to do. Give us new territory to explore, we're all over that shit. Want us to construct the most sophisticated system of travel since the Roman highways? Challenge accepted. Want us to maintain an economy? Nope.
It sounds cheesy, but America has always been like that. We can't sit still, or we die. The reason people don't like millennials is because their purpose of choice is pretty much whatever Tumblr stands for. Baby Boomers, though, didn't even have that. So I don't blame them as much.
>>
>>27583526
Milloonials are low-energy.
They should drop out of life.
>>
>>27583837
how old are you? are you born from 1982 to 1994? congrats you're a millennial.
>>
There doesn't seem to be a general unemployment problem in Equestria...that guy was going out of his way NOT to work, I don't work because the only jobs available to me are manual labor, the military, and I'm a wimp and a pacifist

I'm sure I could get a job fucking....doing literally anything in Ponyville. Fluttershy does nothing but hang out with pets and she does fine, Rainbow Dash gets paid to flap her wings at clouds, a pony life is easy peasy lemon squeezy
>>
>>27583864
what is the name for people who are born past 1994?
>>
>>27583526
>>27583864
>tfw thought was generation Y, the "Ass-Crack" generation as my mother calls it
>millennials is a term that now extends to the 80s
>older folks refer to IT as playing on the computer all day
So basically it's an oldfag circlejerk meme in real life.

>>27584178
Generation Z, aka the Digital Generation, aka the tumblr generation. Not pioneers of technology, but born into it.
>>
>>27584178
Scum.
>>
>>27584194
What I meant to say is *modern technology.
>>
File: ZephsDailyThings.gif (822KB, 517x497px) Image search: [Google]
ZephsDailyThings.gif
822KB, 517x497px
>>27583342
>>
File: 1450122859405.jpg (9KB, 231x266px) Image search: [Google]
1450122859405.jpg
9KB, 231x266px
>>27583526
>He's an adult, he has a cutie mark, shouldn't his path in life be very clear to him?
This occurred to me too.

And I agree that it was fucking weird. He should've known what he was good at, and Fluttershy shouldn't have tried to pass on all sorts of different jobs to him.

I can imagine that a pony's talent can be used in several ways, but this notion that he didn't know what he should and shouldn't attempt, along with Fluttershy, really fucking bothered me.
>>
File: 47247.png (1MB, 940x975px) Image search: [Google]
47247.png
1MB, 940x975px
>>27583342
>dat dick sucking face tho
>>
File: 1413660677194.jpg (20KB, 338x430px) Image search: [Google]
1413660677194.jpg
20KB, 338x430px
>>27584261
he was afraid of failing. personally im a bit afraid to achieve my own dreams because so far every fun activity i do to earn a paycheck eventually turns into tedious work that i no longer enjoy. if you reach your dream job and arent happy, what possible hope is left?
>>
>>27584306
he never tried as far as we know. most people like him act that way because their dreams were crushed. There's no real solution to that that can be shown in 1 episode, however.
>>
>>27584261
His cutie mark is a feather blowing in the breeze, or at least that's all I see when I look at it...

It seems to be more of a metaphorical cutie mark rather than a literal one, like he's just a careless guy blowing around in the wind
>>
>>27584306
>he was afraid of failing
That's the stupid part. He should've known for a fact whether he was good at something or not.

When you have it tattood on your ass by the magic of the universe, you can't doubt that you can do it at least reasonably well.

I can believe that he was an allegory or whatever to a certain kind of real people, but in the setting of Equestria he's ill-fitting as fuck.
>>
>>27584261
did we watch the same episode?
he's talent of styling was made clear, it was his lack of drive that was the problem he was just let off at his job at styling, after dropping out of his styling classes because he was afraid of being a failure at what he is supposedly good at

also job=/=talent fluttershy just wanted to gave him whatever job so that he can at least be independent
look at pinkie she doesn't have a baking cutie mark
>>
File: 1458616836077.png (494KB, 800x501px) Image search: [Google]
1458616836077.png
494KB, 800x501px
>>27583808
This, except it's not just Americans, it's human nature.

I've been trying to tell people; if you just take a good look at our history as a whole, you can see it's pretty clear. Humanity would go crazy in a perfect utopia. We'd literally get too bored to function, and we would cause our own problems and complain about the stupidest shit. We as a species need to work towards a goal, and if we don't have an impressive goal to strive towards, we just sit back and stir shit up in our homelands just so we can put our minds to problems and voice our solutions to it.

If we were suddenly attacked by a massive alien threat and faced extinction, you would be seeing global peace because we're all facing a common crisis. Insignificant problems like racism, sexism, religious ideals, etc go right out the window and no one gives a shit.

Now what happens if you transport us into perfect utopia Equestria? We would literally be the next villain because we would start shit to try and solve a problem we created because we're too bored to do anything else.

We are literally Orcs.
>>
File: Fuck your shit.png (267KB, 957x835px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck your shit.png
267KB, 957x835px
>>27584365
>you can't doubt that you can do it at least reasonably well
>MMC
>>
>>27584407
>everybody has the wrong cutie mark so everybody is mislead about their talents
I don't see your point.
>>
>>27584365
>When you have it tattood on your ass by the magic of the universe, you can't doubt that you can do it at least reasonably well.
doubt doesn't work that way, doubt doesn't listen to reason its just fear deep inside you that can't be completely eradicated with logic

twilight had doubts of being a princess, pinkie doubts herself like once a season, rainbow has massive inferiority complex, according to you nothing of the sort would have happened because tattoos
>>
>>27584405
>implying every human that exists would act this way
theres plenty of people on this very site who plan to keep to themselves as much as possible until they die.

>>27584422
the point is MMC, along with some CMC episodes, showed that just because you have your butt mark doesnt necessarily mean everything will work perfectly for you.
>>
>>27584427
Twilight's talent isn't being a princess. Pinkie's doubts are usually about herself as a person, not the quality of her parties.

You may have a point about Rainbow, though.
>>
>>27584365
>When you have it tattood on your ass by the magic of the universe, you can't doubt that you can do it at least reasonably well.

Man am I retarded or something?
I don't see anything about his cutie mark that relates to hair dressing, I keep seeing people talk about this and I feel like I'm on crazy pills
>>
>>27584442
>Pinkie's doubts are usually about herself as a person, not the quality of her parties.
both qualities are intertwined
like in party of one and pinkie pride they both stemmed from a rejection to her parties
>>
>>27583526
The only thing worse than millenials are baby boomers; they are the ones fault for everything bad in the world, and we reap their idiocy, the lazy ungrateful modernists.
>>
>>27584405
>Now what happens if you transport us into perfect utopia Equestria? We would literally be the next villain because we would start shit to try and solve a problem we created because we're too bored to do anything else.
Except "perfect utopia Equestria" doesn't exist, because solving problems is the basic premise of the show. It was the entire plot device of season 5 -- to say nothing of the wild animals and monsters that assault ponykind on a weekly basis.
>>
The episode that drives /mlp/ crazy - the one where they portray a loser pony, shattering the idea that everyone is perfect and happy 24/7 in pony utopia, which makes fantasizing about life in equestria way less sexy for the average anon, who only really tries to escape from their loser-status in the real world. I applaud to the writers, even though that was probably a total accident.
>>
>>27583864
>>27584178
>>27584194
It's really loosely defined, but generations are usually about twenty years long. September 11, 2001 is a common cutoff point, just as a turning point in the zeitgeist of the west.
>>
File: 1243578843.jpg (65KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1243578843.jpg
65KB, 1280x720px
>>27586039
>shattering the idea that everyone is perfect and happy 24/7 in pony utopia

We lost that image long time ago.
>>
>>27584405
So what you're saying is that humans are essentially ponies?

Like, we'd go crazy if there were no problems... doesn't that remind you of something?

(Hint hint: Lesson Zero).
>>
>>27583526
He was doing his talent. He went to school for manestyling, remember? But his avant-garde ambitions, and his tendency to look for an easy out, kept sabotaging him. That created a track record of failures that made him doubt himself.

It was the opposite of Canterlot Boutique, in a way. All he wanted to do was create his personal vision of "ART" and damn everything else, so the struggle was in learning to rein it in and offer something that other ponies want.
>>
>>27583526
>>27584261
Just because you know you would be good at something or that you would love to do something, doesn't mean you will actually go and do that. It sounds simple, but it isn't. At least, not for all.
Some people are lost and locked inside the prisons of their own minds, doomed to repeat old mistakes. They've convinced themselves that they're unable to follow their dreams, that it's too late to start again, that happiness just isn't for them. Afraid to try, afraid to do something outside the realm of "what could be, if only".
There are only ashes, anyway.
>>
File: 1453809746720.png (168KB, 1600x801px) Image search: [Google]
1453809746720.png
168KB, 1600x801px
>>27586039
>shattering the idea that everyone is perfect and happy 24/7 in pony utopia
What the fuck are you talking about? There have been insane asylum ponies, rival families of hillbilly ponies at war for generations, huckster snake-oil salesponies, moon sorceresses and ancient demons, bestiaries full of shit like bugbears and dragons and cyclopes...

There are constant monster attacks in the rare times when ponies aren't stressing out over more down-to-earth concerns like jealousy, uncertainty about the future, and entrepreneurship versus personal fulfillment. If there was no conflict, there would literally be no show. Do you even watch it? Have you ever?
>>
>>27586114
But just a run of the mill pony with all the potential in the world, having it fade away, becoming a social outcast on their own merit without any magical circumstances or monsters helping them out, just a *loser* of a pony, that's a first. And I take it it hits too close to home to Anon, cause this is like the tenth thread about this
>>
>>27586156
That's the first one of these ponies we've seen. Hell, this could be pretty common.
>>
>>27584261
I forgot, do you get your cutiemark when you realize what you're good at, or when you realize what you're good at and like doing?
Because having a talent for something doesn't automatically mean it's the thing you wanna do most.
>>
>>27586156
You forget that this has nearly happened a few times. Pinkie almost quit her Ponyville party planner job just because she felt she was being a terrible friend. Trouble Shoes lived in a shack because of his own personal screw-ups and misunderstandings. This is the first "failure to launch" pony, but self-sabotaging ponies who ruin their own potential are pretty common.
>>
>>27586175
In real life, you're not good at something without doing it a lot which kinda necessitates enjoying it (or being forced I guess). Talents don't emerge out of thin air, it's hard to tell how the pony world handles it...
>>
>>27583526
I like how /pol/ is planning to make horsey the next Ben Garrison. It be funny if horsey was just trolling, but he actually believes what he's drawing.
>>
File: 1465229389856.jpg (560KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1465229389856.jpg
560KB, 2560x1440px
>>27583342
Maybe.
>>
>>27584306
>so far every fun activity i do to earn a paycheck eventually turns into tedious work that i no longer enjoy
What have you tried so far?
>>
rib
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.