[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think society today would be like if ponies had coexisted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 10

File: image.jpg (273KB, 1746x1763px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
273KB, 1746x1763px
What do you think society today would be like if ponies had coexisted beside humans since the beginning of recorded history?
>>
>>27446583
get out you plebbit slime
>>
>>27446619
>>
>>27446583
Significantly worse.
>>
They would be our cute little pets.
>>
everything would have to be accommodated for both parties and since how different we are it would be ass
>>
>>27446583
Not too different, I'm afraid.
>>
>>27446583
too many variables to accurately predict. I'm an optimist though so I am going to say society would be better.
>>
>>27446583
Probably a significant difference in technology and city design since you need to establish pony and human spaces or simple spaces that are uniformly able to suit both. Would be a challenge.
>>
>>27446583
Ponies would be war tools
Industrial revolution would have never existed
Mostly feudalism
No jim miller
>>
>>27446583
We'd have killed them all over religious superstition at some point.
>>
>>27446583
>What do you think society today would be like if ponies had coexisted beside humans since the beginning of recorded history?

actually they have. ANd up to about a couple hundred years ago, we don't need them like we used to like we did back then.
>>
Same as today, only the ponies are assholes.

And something about interspecies relationship rights because Tumblr or some shit, Iunno.
>>
>>27446583
Huh. Now that I think about it I'm trying to figure out if they would be lower or higher than nigger slaves on the totem pole.

Hmmm...
>>
File: 89187-cb1425478627.adapt.352.1.jpg (44KB, 352x532px) Image search: [Google]
89187-cb1425478627.adapt.352.1.jpg
44KB, 352x532px
>>27446583
We drove our evolutionary cousins to extinction, we'd do the same for a species of sentient miniature horses.
>>
>>27449673
Definitely higher. Ponies are far more stable and helpful.
>>
File: retard-alert.gif (400KB, 493x342px) Image search: [Google]
retard-alert.gif
400KB, 493x342px
>>27448993
Yes, religious superstition is way animals go extinct

http://wwf.panda.org/about_our_earth/biodiversity/biodiversity/
>>
>>27451732
*Why*
>>
File: hitlah.jpg (43KB, 538x352px) Image search: [Google]
hitlah.jpg
43KB, 538x352px
>>27451732
I was assuming people saw them as a sapient species but okay.
>>
>>27446583
I think the big question is would they be taken in as basically sapient wolves and eventually raised up along with humans like dogs were as companions and tools? We would probably bring them with us wherever we go and because they are sapient dogs, would probably have their own city or two in the 'wild' but mostly live with us.

You could have grown up alongside a few ponies who your parents took in as 'pets'. In your young life, you might enter the kitchen in the morning to your pseudo big sister pone making breakfast while your parents are out. You might share a cup of coffee and talk as she hops up onto chair at the breakfast table. You bring your own chair up next to hers and though you catch a mild smirk from her expressive pony face, you both know that old habits die hard from when you were littler and your folks always had you sit between one of them and next to her.

+++Or do we take
> since the beginning of recorded history?
as literal and say that ponies were only encountered once we had a civilization of our own? In this case we would probably be like any other foreign cultures growing up near each other. Probably fight a bunch but eventually maintain positive relationships? You might travel to pony cities for your new job or have a pony roommate at your college or a cute little pony maid/chef you might hire one day. Could even have a pony best friend.

The question is how this would impact the notion of identity. We as humans have no equals. We basically consumed our rivals and equals through breeding and wiping them out long ago. Would ponies suffer the same fate or would they join with us? Would they be seen as worth about the same or less than other humans? We already have preferences for race, what about an entire other species with even more subraces than we have? Not just unicorn-earthpony-pegasus-alicorn but the different breeds of each type like various draft horse breeds, thoroughbreds, etc.
>>
>>27451802
>Brings up Hitler
Don't see you crying about Holodomor, the Doctors plot or the night of murdered poets
>>
>>27448319
This

They would be like cats or something
>>
>>27446583
Bestiality would be legal everywhere
>>
>>27446583
They'd be just as jaded and selfish as we are, and the only appeal in them being ponies would be that inter-species is exciting.
>>
File: misc0045_tcm4-15372.jpg (41KB, 460x372px) Image search: [Google]
misc0045_tcm4-15372.jpg
41KB, 460x372px
>>27446583
Slavery
>>
>>27451934
I care equally about all historical events that caused millions of people to die.
That is to say I don't. I give exactly zero fucks about all of them. I just brought him up because he was a devout Christian, and claimed that the holocaust was a Christian movement, thus it being an entire people persecuted for what they were instead of who they were because of a religion, therefore relevant.
>>
That depends, are there still Alicorns? Would early humans worship them as living deities?
>>
Humans would have been declared a threat to the peace and stability of the world, hunted down, and either exterminated or enslaved.
>>
>>27451802

Godwin's Law.
>>
>>27446583
Because humans have such a great record of peacefully coexisting with anyone, am I right?
>>
File: e0d.jpg (122KB, 680x977px) Image search: [Google]
e0d.jpg
122KB, 680x977px
>>27446583
They'd have started acting like real women a long time ago.
>>
If unicorns existed and had magic and could talk I would assume humans would probably worship them.
>>
>>27452499
Stalin was a devout atheist and attacked religion whenever he could

Also killed off most of the Cossacks
During the Soviets Decossackization and Dekulakization programs
But nobody seems to care about that
Looks like nonreligious are just as guilty of what they accuse the religious of
>>
>>27452499
Actually, Hitler was a staunch Atheist, and had to identify as a German Protestant to gain charisma points with the people. He had to let the Catholic Church seat stay in Rome, otherwise the Catholics as a whole would have openly revolted all over the world. Spain and Italy collectively would have just caused a fuckton of problems and allowed the Allies to use their countries as footholds into Mainland Europe.

Hell, a lot of the victims of the Holocaust were German Catholic priests and bishops openly speaking out against the Nazis.
>>
>>27452571
>religious people do shitty things
>pisses off other religious/nonreligious to act the same way
>back and forth
Gee, it sounds if humanity in general are a bunch of angry children who kill people they don't like.
>>
>>27452650
I guess it's because they are a bunch of angry man- and womanbabies who like to kill each other.
>>
>>27452571
I didn't say atheists never did anything wrong, just that people do stupid shit because of their beliefs. Atheists are technically in this group, as to be an atheist you have to believe there is no god, often confused with agnostics who don't think there's a god, but acknowledge that it is, by definition, impossible to disprove an all powerful being.
>>
>>27452792
You claimed the holocaust was a Christian movement

I brought but holdomor and the Decossackization and Dekulakization programs which were a atheist movement backed by Stalin and the league of the militant godless

Now you are backpedaling
>>
>>27452842
Then I think you misunderstood my first point. I was partly commenting on the "Beginning of time" bit. Atheist movements began relatively recently, whereas religion based wars have been the second largest instigating force in human history, largest being some dumbfuck wanting more shit, AKA greed. People often turn to religion in times of hardship, while also finding someone to blame, like how many blamed the Jews for bringing about the black plague. So my point was that at some point, after or during some catastrophe, someone might look to blame the mystical and unexplainable ponies who can mind control entire towns and manipulate weather. I wasn't meaning to piss on religion in general, just that people were really fucking superstitious and quick to blame even just a few hundred years ago. The Salem witch trials come to mind.
>>
>>27446583
First and foremost, it will give us another 'sapiens' being that will wonder what lies beyond in the stars beside our self.
>>
File: 1461477469389.jpg (80KB, 668x674px) Image search: [Google]
1461477469389.jpg
80KB, 668x674px
>>27446583
We would have hunted them into extinction because their meat tasted good.
We can't even coexist with each other. How in the fuck do you think we can coexist with another goddamn sentient species?
>>
>>27453096
Claims ponies will get killed off because of "religious superstition"

I say that is stupid because animals go extinct all the time and provide the wwc website

You post a pic of hitler and claim the holocaust is a Christian movement
and your post says "I thought people would see them as sapient creatures"
Which is dumb as shit since we have gorillas that were taught and can communicate with sign language

And their is a list of highly sapient animals that includes all the great apes (like bonobos and chimpanzees), elephants, cetaceans (which includes both dolphins and whales), and even some birds.

I respond with Stalin and his programs

You backpedal and say I am misunderstanding

Show me where I am wrong
>>
>>27453257
I backpedaled because you corrected me when I was wrong. What the fuck did you expect me to do, stonewall and whine like a petulant child? And yes, we can teach sign language to gorillas. That doesn't make them as intelligent as us though. They have little comprehension, and when you see a PSA about global warming or something, you'll also see a little disclaimer on the side telling you that the gorilla is incapable of understanding the message it's conveying, and is mostly just parroting what they were told to parrot. They have cognitive ability of a retard, or a small child. Ponies, however, have a similar level of intelligence to humans.
>>
>>27453343
If you use "sapient" expect me to go by its definition not your interpretation of it

Also glad you agree you are wrong
>>
>>27453191
Because pones are probably less of a fighter than we are? They love peace so much. Herbivore mentality vs carnivore mentality
>>
File: Fluttershyapproves.gif (458KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Fluttershyapproves.gif
458KB, 960x720px
>>27451869
I like this post as it seriously answered the question and makes for some nice thought exercises.
>>
>>27446583
Such a thing would never have happened.
Ancient man=/=Modern man
While the modern day society would ecstatic to coexist with another species and make sure to bend over fucking backwards to accommodate them, ancient man would not have put up with that shit. Ponies would be extinct long before we made it to the modern age. We could coexist at the start of recorded history, but after ten years tops, that'd be the end of it.
>>
>>27455663
>Ponies
>Lesser fighters
>Literally their Christmas tale is about 3 groups who were having a war until they made up
>we see multiple times where ponies argue a lot
>Dr. Caballeron's thugs
Just because we haven't seen the shadier side of Equestria much, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
>>
>>27446583
Homo sapiens coexisted with Neanderthal once upon a time ago. That didn't work out well for them.
>>
File: fightan.gif (1MB, 883x694px) Image search: [Google]
fightan.gif
1MB, 883x694px
>>27455887
>>
>>27456194
>pic related: the height of pony warfare
>>
>>27456194
>be royal guard
>main method of attack is to rear up on your hind legs and hit things
>have no chest, neck, or face armor
Fucking retards
>>
>>27456194
Kids' show; couldn't actually show violence. It's toned down a lot from what it would actually be.
>>
>>27456840
He's a unicorn and he's so retarded he used no magic.
>>
>>27446583
>Dragons, Unicorns, Pixies, and trolls. All these creatures hold a place in our lore. Yet all met their demise to that of many men. Brave and valiant men all which has slain these beasts for the glory of their kingdoms. Though known to the world these creatures are no longer of our world, cast out and extinct, how would ponies fair?

"There dead, all dead."
>>
>>27458170

>Unicorn horns ground into powders, poured into magical elixirs to retain one's own youth.Dragons whom breath fire and bear horns of the devil and spaded tails, slain for the sake of Christianity, their hoards of gold stolen from kings reclaimed by the noble knights which sought to reclaim it. The only creatures that seem to last long enough to evade escape are the pegusai which can only evade as long as they are airborne. As for the Earth ponies, well that is where this tale begins.

(shall I continue yes or no?)
>>
>>27458257
Yes
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.