[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what was the worst part of last episode? Twilight being a jerk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: cute sun.png (577KB, 1033x1073px) Image search: [Google]
cute sun.png
577KB, 1033x1073px
what was the worst part of last episode? Twilight being a jerk and completely forgetting the fact that she forgave Trixie in season 3? or Celestia being a serious bitch?

PD: pic of sun horse being cute and funny in "make new friends but keep discord". Why they did her so different now?
>>
>>27243931
Neither of them are my waifu so I don't care.
>>
>>27243931
Entire episode minus Trixie was shit. She should have been the one becoming Twilights student instead Sunset clone.
>>
>>27243931
the worst part of the ep is that it ended.
>>
Twilight acting like "season 1 Twilight".
That was blatant character regression for the sake of making the plot work.

Celestia being aloof and cold was jarring, but had little impact on the story itself.
>>
>>27243931
>Twilight wasn't a perfect, always-do-right mary sue, so it sucks.
>>
>>27243931
>Celestia being a serious bitch?

Thin skin much? She didn't even say anything.
>>
>>27243974
>but had little impact on the story itself
disagree, if she wasn't such a cunt she could have called Twilight out of her shit, with a few lines of dialogue the episode could have easily ended with Twilight and Celestia going to Trixie's peformace to watch her and Starlight do something together as friends, everybody wins
>>
>>27243931
desu id rather have twi be a cunt than the bland boring af mary sue she has been for the most part since s3.
>>
>>27244009
That's what i mean. What about Celestia being Celestia and calming down Twilight?
>>
>>27243931
>Celestia can't have off days where she can't stand Twilight's shit
Anything more than one dimensional characterization is OOC, amirite?
>>
love troll threads.
>>
>>27243931
Because it was chrysalis in disguise. It explains why she was uncharacteristic ally quiet like she did with cadence
>>
>>27244044
Except that's not adding character traits, that's shoving them in where they don't fit. When Celestia is through with bullshit, she faces it head on, instead of just pulling passive aggressive faces.
>>
>>27243931
Considering she chooses to live in a literal ivory tower surrounded by the richest members of her society, I always figured Celestia for a self important snob. Hell she loves being worshiped so much it drove her sister insane.

With that in mind her behavior at the dinner seemed the most in character they have ever had her. She was upset her nice royal evening was instead being spent surrounded by commoners. I figure Celestia cares about her subjects...she just doesn't want them anywhere near her if they aren't pretty/powerful.
>>
>>27243931
the worst part was starlight's overuse of magic.
>>
>>27244116
But what if I don't care and you're wrong because I say so and there is nothing you can do about it.
>>
>>27244108
i hope you are right, that would be an amazing explanation of why is Celestia acting like that
>>
>>27243931
>what was the worst part of last episode?
its existence
>>
File: cutelestia.jpg (300KB, 900x503px) Image search: [Google]
cutelestia.jpg
300KB, 900x503px
>>27244135
>she just doesn't want them anywhere near her if they aren't pretty/powerful
that's off character. She is warm and funny with everyone
>>
>>27243931
Different writers used her differently
Go figure
>>
>>27243931
Twilight didn't forget, that was even in the dialogue.

Celestia didn't say a word, just made a few withering looks in the face of a classical Mary Richards party.
>>
>>27243931
the entire episode
>>
>>27244135
This is literally how shallow a ponyfaggot is.
>>
>>27244009
this is what I thought was going to happen in the episode
>>
I can't call this episode "bad" but the characterization, man...
>>
she probably was having a irritating day and wanted to be doing something else.
>>
>>27243931
>Twilight being a jerk and completely forgetting the fact that she forgave Trixie in season 3?

You can forgive someone and still not trust them.
>>
>>27246706
I feel like they should have explained that. Trixie sincerely apologized at the end of Magic Duel. For someone who prides themselves on their friendship skills, Twilight suddenly treating Trixie with resentment on their next encounter borders on OOC.
>>
I kinda have my own head canon that know that Twily is a princess, Celestia has been searching for a new Star pupil and that reminds her of her only failure, Sunset. I think she's depressed that she failed her and has yet to contact her again. Hell, Sunny has made no attempt to contact Celestia so Celestia is probably feeling like a piece of shit. Then again she might just be bored as we've seen, she hates being bored and that's why she was so happy to have Discord cause a ruckus at the gala. The dinner looked hella boring and Twily isnt the most interesting pony. Sunset needs to return.
>>
>>27247045
Twilight will be no longer a princess and Discord will betray the princess and be evil again and be dead in the S6 finale.
>>
File: 1461819942931.jpg (83KB, 635x668px) Image search: [Google]
1461819942931.jpg
83KB, 635x668px
>>27247076
What? I dont think the writers will ever play around with the idea of anypony dying, even a villain. Why would Twily not be a princess?
>>
>>27247159
Because the writers had no plans for Discord this season so they have to kill off Discord in the finale like they did to Trixie on the last episode. And Twilight Sparkle will resign as princess after she save her friends with the Elements of Harmony.
>>
>>27243931
forgiving and forgetting are two different things
Trixie would normally not be the best first friend for Starlight
in her mind it would be comparable to having an Alcoholic that goes to AA meetings who works in a liquor store
the temptation to slip into old habits are there
if Starlight was further along in her friendship lessons when she and Trixie met, I don't see Twilgiht having an issue with them becoming friends

BUT, Twilight was also wigging out about the formal occasion with Celestia and Starlight to go off without a hitch, yet her friendship lesson during the table setting was botched
Trixie is a loud mouth that would try to upstage any pony
Starlight +1 didn't show for the dinner
it was all going to shit, and Twilight kept making excuses for it.
she still sees Celestia as a mentor and not an "equal"
where as Celestia stated that Twilight doesn't need to be formal with her and that she is "one of us" in the sisterhood of princesses
>>
File: 1140718.gif (803KB, 708x396px) Image search: [Google]
1140718.gif
803KB, 708x396px
>>27244247
She can be amused by their antics, but even then she was starting to get a little annoyed.

>>27243931
In all seriousness though I think people are blowing this joke out of proportion. Celestia was pissed at Twilight for obviously lying and wasting her time for a botched dinner with a bunch of frankly 'weird' ponies. She was firm on Twilight before during her antics, like in Lesson Zero where she popped in and laid some smack down on that super sperg. Hell even in S1 she sent Twilight to ponyville in part because she didn't like how she was becoming a stuck up shut in.

Now that Twilight is supposedly her equal, she expects Twilight to be more transparent with her and has even less reason to put up with her autism.
>>
>>27243931
>Celestia being a serious bitch?
>because you wouldn't be annoyed at twilight STILL acting like she needs to suck up to you dispute being an equal now
>you also wouldn't be annoyed that she wouldn't shut up until you took time out of your busy life to show up for a friendship check up dinner despite her not needing you to do it anymore
>you also wouldn't be annoyed and bored out of your fucking mind that the reason for the dinner didn't even show up
>>
>>27244108
Except her magic was yellow.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.