[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you approach and write an episode with romance involved?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

How would you approach and write an episode with romance involved? It has to fit the FiM theme and mood so nothing too weird or straight.
>>
A plane crash with no survivors
>>
File: toolewd.gif (35KB, 555x555px) Image search: [Google]
toolewd.gif
35KB, 555x555px
>>26938614
>>
>>26938614
it's gotta have lots of blushing and random out of nowhere awkward moments where they bump into each other and temporarily become shit-spewing autists
>>
>>26938614
>nothing too weird or straight
>nothing straight
Faggot...
>>
>>26938614
Well, I wouldn't want the romance to blossom due to looks alone. I don't want to pull a Tenderhooves where we just assume he is a bomb shell for some reason. The characters would have to compliment each other mentally and emotionally without being a facsimile.

Let's take Rarara. A good match for her wouldn't be a fashion man with an over-refined and effete personality. A good match for her would be, however, someone who works as hard as she does. This way they may respect one another. In fact, it would be greater if at first he didn't really like fashion at all but grows to appreciate it one he sees how much work, effort, and personality Rarara puts into it.

Let's take Fluttershy. A good match for her would be someone who can also be shy and introverted at heart, but wills himself to be introverted and interested in others. It would be an opportunity for Flutters to learn that, while it is okay to be shy and to ones self, it takes a certain admirable force of will and courage to do what you're afraid to do, i.e. be extroverted sometimes. He could be the one to help improve her this way.

Let's take Appul. A good match for her would be a stallion who, above all else, cares for her. He wouldn't have to be particularly hard working, or even particularly skilled, but he would have to care about her well-being and her work. A stallion that she can come home to, who will listen to her, make her feel important, validate all her back breaking work, and ease her mind. I picture him being good at cooking and kinda stay-at-homey.

You know. Shit like that.
>>
>>26938714
Those are pretty neat anon.
>>
>>26938614
>Chrysalis invade
>Take control of Discord after transforming into Fluttershy
>Discord break free before hurting real Fluttershy
>Fluttershy realise that him being cotnrol mean that he loves her
>Discord defeats Chrysalis, become a hero and marry Fluttershy
>It already was developed in the previous episodes so it doesn't require additional frinedship episodes like any other introduced characters would have to fulfill
>>
>>26938714
>>
>>26939112
Dash is straight!
>>
>>26938803
>>26939112
I'll expand.

Let's take Twiggles. A good match for her would be someone who, more than anything, challenges her. Twi, being generally superior to everyone else in magic, would have to find a stallion who is somehow a match for her in something, say he is more well-read than her, or he is more charismatic than her, or he can simply deal with ponies better than she can (a point that she may care about deeply being a princess who has to mind her subjects). Whatever he excels at should be a weakness, yet a point of pride, for her. She'll struggle with him, but secretly greatly admire his skill, to the point where she imitates him and tries to improve herself BECAUSE of him.

Let's take Dashie. Stallion, mare, doesn't matter. A good match for her would be someone who knows of, encourages, and can keep secret, her hidden girlishness. He would have to be able to see through her rough exterior and know that beneath it all is a softy who just wants to be hugged and cuddled. Cause let's face it, Dash just doesn't want to be alone and wants someone to sip hot chocolate and read with. I envision him being some sort of intellect instead of being any sort of athlete.

Let's take Ponks. I'm torn between having a stallion who matches or is a foil to her energy. Matching it, you just have a Cheese Sandwich situation, but being a foil to it may be interesting. Someone to ground her and temper her fire. Someone to mellow her out and teach her that, sometimes, it is better to be collected and cool to deal with a situation opposed to spastic and hyper.

I don't know. Shit like that.
>>
>>26938614
There have been eps with romance involved tho. And what's wrong with straight? The fuck.
>>
>>26938714
>>26939970

>Rarara
Nah, her type would be someone who has noble traits. Not riches but more like chivalry, honor and charisma.

>Fluttershy
Also disagree, She needs someone who is really extroverted but also have his hidden vulnerable introverted side. She obviously feel more comfortable around Discord than she was with Maud or Big Mac. She isn't shy becasue she's okay with it like Marble, she constantly struggle to fight it and become more social like around Tree Hugger.

>Appul
>Ponks
These are the characters that would work out dating someone similar to themselves. Aj would never tolerate any lazy intelectual while Pinkie would not only prefer someone as energetic as she is, but no one introvertic or even normal average joe wouldn't be able to keep up with her in stable relationship.

>Dash
She's naturally competetive but she also have a nerd side in her. She could probably date a jock and a nerd as long as any of them isn't an asshole and do show positive and interesting traits. Although she's aromantic, she also is easy to befriend and get her attention (See Discord episode)

>Twilight
I can't see anyone being more fit for her than another egg head. Any wizard, researcher, writer or just a librarian would and should impress her. That's why Equestria Girls was a very bad example of how the writers didn't understand the character. Simple handsome look and acting nice is just not the type of a boy that she would prefer.

Starswirl, Sunburst, Discord, Dr Whooves and Moon Dancer would work.
>>
>>26939970
>Twi
So, Sunburst?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.