[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>remembering all the stories you never finished. >feel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 21

File: 1427428014811.jpg (133KB, 780x818px) Image search: [Google]
1427428014811.jpg
133KB, 780x818px
>remembering all the stories you never finished.
>feel guilty about not finishing them
>>
spectacular blog!
>>
>>26837506
obviously they weren't good or people would be pressuring you to finish them
>>
File: 1420333371921.jpg (13KB, 251x218px) Image search: [Google]
1420333371921.jpg
13KB, 251x218px
>>26837506
>No one was interested anyways
>No one will ever miss it
>>
File: whyatron.png (173KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
whyatron.png
173KB, 500x281px
>>26837506
>Write fanfiction
>Give up because you've just been so consumed by "This is so autistic and shitty" posting that you start to think you are contributing to cancer
>Then you give up, unsure if you are actually being autistic, or if it's better off not to contribute.
>>
>>26837552
>creating content keeps this board alive
>has been brainwashed into believing board OC is cancer
>by thinking OC is cancer, he has become the cancer

At least you're not a tripfag
>>
>>26837568
But the question is, what isn't cancer?

I want to try writing again. I just don't have the heart too, it feels like if I try, it comes out soulless.
>>
>>26837621
fuck man I don't know then. Learn to draw?
>>
>>26837506
>Remembering all the stories anons liked, then realizing you didn't know how pastebin worked.

I just can't stand the thought of all my talent wasted, and the thought of going back and putting them together would make me look like a plagiarist.
>>
File: 4U.png (308KB, 640x572px) Image search: [Google]
4U.png
308KB, 640x572px
>>26837506
I try to take comfort in the fact that even half finished stories are good practice, and you can come back later to review your work with a truly clear mind, now that you aren't caught up in the writing hype.

So, we posting stories that never took off, or never got finished?

>Dark fantasy, werewolf pony mystery.
>Anon as an AI, conflicted whether to share his crashed ships immensely high tech. Told through the eyes of the three fillies who discover the ship.
>Mythology story of how hearthswarming first came about. Long story about the rise of three pony empires. Set in classical Equestria. Empires would be founded on the flaws of their settlers: greed, petty hatred, and a lack of caring for the plights of others.

I've written myself into a corner with each of these, but just thinking of it has made me want to go back and start all over, better this time.
Hey, unfinished stories ain't see bad, see? Sometimes you just got to let the first draft sit for a while before you can figure out how to make it really good.
>>
File: ITS_TIME_TO_GLAZE_UP.jpg (20KB, 300x428px) Image search: [Google]
ITS_TIME_TO_GLAZE_UP.jpg
20KB, 300x428px
>>26837506
>stopping something you wanted to get done because you're bored

You have no discipline.
I know cuz I'm in the same boat.

If you didn't get it done, you didn't want it bad enough.
Doing literally anything rewarding takes work. Some things just take less effort than others because you somehow already are used to doing those less-effort things, like browsing a sea-of-shit website for hours only to have a couple minutes worth of chuckles.

Don't do things with the reward in mind, do things with the goal of getting it done in mind.
You're gonna find what it takes, son.

Still haven't bothered to finish an epic story I had planned that I started in December, where some good anons literally made two threads for me, patiently awaiting and anticipating me.
>>
>>26837821
I got a shit ton of ideas I never finished
>Story about Spitfire in Junior speedster school
>Anon in Saddle Arabia
>Anon as Coloratura's manager
Those are just to name a few. I've got a few that I really like that I haven't yet started. Most of them are just too much damn work. I got halfway through one, got a critique on it, and found out the story wasn't nearly as good as I would have liked it to have been. I was getting four hours of sleep a night trying to write it, so going back, revising, and finishing it would have killed me. I feel really fucking awful too. My audience really does deserve a better writefag.
>>
>>26837506
>>26837531
>>26837552
>>26837731
>>26837821
>>26837893
>>26837990

nothing is stopping you faggots from picking it back up again...

good to see you'd rather throw a pity party rather than just do something about it
>>
>>26838003
Maybe I will
>>
>>26837506
fak u pete
>>
File: image.jpg (61KB, 613x695px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 613x695px
>started working on a series elsewhere back in high school
>got in about 4-5 chapters in before writer's block struck on how to proceed through a section
>college happened and the project went on the back burner
>years of memos, reports, and professors going "fiction has no relevance here" drained out the inspiration
>over 6 years later
>someone comments saying they enjoyed it and when will it continue
Part of me wants to be flattered, the other part almost dreads pulling the old thing back up
>>
>>26838070
Maybe isn't a yes.
>>
File: 1437601503010.jpg (20KB, 284x285px) Image search: [Google]
1437601503010.jpg
20KB, 284x285px
>>26837506
>Have too many stories in the works
>Work on them whenever I can
>Transitioning into normie life is getting in the way

Even if I have to do it after the board dies and post it in fimfic or fanfic, I swear I'm going to finish every green I've ever started.
And I'm going to write those I've just been kicking around in my head too!
>>
>never written before, only drawn stuff for that ms paint thread
>do not know this feel
>do not want to know this feel

Is it even worth it?
>>
I remembered a story of anon and Luna
It involved fish and an uprising with a battle in it as well
Anyone have the pastebin for that story?
>>
>>26837506
Eh...
I only got one unfinished and another which is a long way to end.
>>
Meh, I've moved on to better stories. Besides, no one was clamoring for my latest update anyway, which I don't mind at all, because, like I said, I moved on to better stories.

>>26838271
I enjoy it. I have friends who enjoy the stuff I write. I have an audience ready and waiting for anything I do. The writing itself is harder on some days than others, but that's alright with me. It's not like something else would be easier once you get really far into it.
>>
>>26837506
If it helps, the fandom is slowly dying anyways. Show keeps jumping the shark; which won't bother younger viewers as much
>>
>>26837506

Should we just post our unfinished stories?
>>
File: 1416596426614.jpg (45KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1416596426614.jpg
45KB, 633x758px
>meh writer
>but
>finished every single story
>>
>Anon wakes up in horseland with amnesia and gets cared for by Braeburn
>Anon going for an adventure with runaway Twist
>Anon gets kicked out of Ponyville and moves in as Zecora's annoying neighbor
>Sombra and Anon go on vacation together in the pony equivalent of Mexico
>Anon takes care of Anonfilly nonsexually until he can find a way to reverse it because Twilight won't
>Anon uses meme magic to go to Equestria but brings along the egregore of Pepe
>>
>>26840158
>Pretty good writer
>Don't actually know how to conclude stories
>Just keep it burning by throwing more conflict into the plot until it dies out slowly, never concluding
>>
>>26837506
revisit every single unfinished story, go to the end and add "And then Timmy woke up. It was all just a dream!"

there, all story finished
>>
>>26840158
You are awesome, I love you.
>>
File: anons_valentines_birthday.png (561KB, 1198x2806px) Image search: [Google]
anons_valentines_birthday.png
561KB, 1198x2806px
>>26837821
>twilight discovers buried/sealed lich anon after a thousand years of imprisonment in an underground ruin
>runaway teenage anon's daily struggles
>hobo anon meets the sirens
>anon teaches sirens music
>pic related is the only one I've finished and am content with
>can't write anything anymore because can't top that
>>
>>26840068
I'm genuinely on the edge of hunting down all of my stories and posting them here in some way.
>>
>write fetish fuel
>/mlp/ loves it and demands more
>still stall and die halfway through despite good recognition
>>
>>26837893
>like browsing a sea-of-shit website for hours only to have a couple minutes worth of chuckles.
Jesus, this sums up my life right now. I think I'm addicted to this place. I've been losing sleep, tasks are left undone, my grades have been lapsing. All because I can't get off this damn ride
>>
File: 1436041469589.jpg (41KB, 550x512px) Image search: [Google]
1436041469589.jpg
41KB, 550x512px
joke's on you, about 80% of the shit i write never makes it past my hard drive. i just have them all in a folder, waiting for an opportunity to post. it never comes
>>
>>26837506
I know you're here, Slazors.
Fuck you.
>>
I don't feel bad about not finishing my stories, I feel bad because I'm probably one of the reasons my favorite general is virtually dead.
>>
File: d90.gif (32KB, 305x265px) Image search: [Google]
d90.gif
32KB, 305x265px
>>26837506
>Write for prompt
>Pretty well received, even got some good feedback
>Come back later
>Thread died.

This has happened twice and it always feel like it was my fault.
>>
>>26838003
You're retarded, I already said why I don't feel like I can write anymore.
>>
>>26841342

Do it.
>>
>>26842870
+1'd
>>
>>26842753
Yes anon. He's retarded because he tried to motivate whiney writefags
>>
>>26837506

There's this Anon X Applejack (who is preggo with Anon's babies through magic) smut fix I got into writing, but never finished. Maybe I should go back and finish it.
>>
>>26842914

POST WHAT YOU HAVE HERE.
>>
File: 1448881594707.png (353KB, 1100x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1448881594707.png
353KB, 1100x1400px
>pic related
I don't get the Anons that don't pastebin/backup their work so when a thread pops up with the same prompt* they can carry on. Alot of 'em seem to be melodramatic and don't want to finish what they started because they don't have an audience. And that's just sad.

*(as we all know, happens so frequently the board might as well be full of generals)
>>
>>26842927
Kay.

You find yourself slowly waking up, the light of dawn creeping through the window. You continue to lay there, cuddled up next to Applejack, who quietly snores next to you. A few stray strands of her mane lay on your face, that slight smell of cinnamon that has always been with her. You take it all in, the growing sunlight, the smell of her, the warmth of your lover’s body right next to you. She yawns, a cute noise that makes you smile.

You wrap your arms around her, and draw her in close to you. You plant a kiss on her cheek while you run your hands over the curvature of her body. Applejack is eight month pregnant with your children, and as beautiful as ever, even if she doesn't care about “being prettified”. She smiles back at you, that same beautiful, confident smile she had when you first got married.

You continue to stroke her as she rolls over to face her back next to you, so you can both watch the sun. Your hand travels over her belly, long enough for you to feel a kick.

"I think they're going to take after their mother, with all of the kicking they do," you smile. You never thought this would happen, but chance (and a bit of ancient magic) proved you wrong. You remember when she first asked if you wanted kids.
>>
>>26843356
You kissed her then, a bit of sadness. "Quit being a silly pony. You know as well if we were going to have kids, it would have happened by now."

AJ blushed at mentioning of all the time you spent in bed together since getting married, tangled in the sheets as well as each other. She shyed away a bit, still blushing.

"Ah talked to Twilight about it. She said there's a spell so we can have a couple a' foals..." Applejack's voice trailed off, uncertain for the head strong little pony. She had not needed to worry. You threw your arms around her, kissed her deep and told her how happy you'd be to become the father of her children.

It was an old spell, back in the days where political marriages to other species were common to secure the peace. Concocted by pony wizards in those uncertain days so the families would have heirs, even if they came out of necessity instead of love.

The ceremony for the spell took place on your wedding anniversary, and as you reaffirmed your vows, Twilight cast the spell. As you spoke of your love and commitment for one another, you both radiated with magic. And when you finally kissed, a bright flash came from the both of you. You knew it worked.

Everypony said it was beautiful. Big Mac even cried, just like at your wedding.

Now here you both are, no less in love. You kiss her again as you continue to caringly caress her body. You let the sun cover you both as you lay there. Normally, Applejack would already be up, making breakfast or even working the orchard. But for once she's listening to her friends and you and taking it easy. She doesn't give you the same break though. She turns back around to face you, placing a hoof on your chest.
>>
>>26843382

Continue
>>
>>26843382
“Alright, lover boy. Today’s bottling day for all your hard cider that has made us so much money. And since somebody put me out of commission, you gotta finish it,” she kisses your forehead, as if that’s enough to make you leave. You kiss her back, telling her it’s too nice being right next to her to leave just yet.
“Ah said git,” she says teasingly. Her hoof is back on your chest, and she pushes you right out of the bed. It’s only a short drop; even if it’s big and strong enough to hold the both of you, it’s still only a pony bed. You slide back in as she tries to sit up, and before she can react you kiss her. She blushes and stammers, but you’re on the offensive now. Another deep kiss, your hand on her stomach, and as she returns the kiss your hand drifts lower, stroking her inner thigh.
She moans while you continue to kiss her, your stroking just a light touch. As her belly grew, so did her sensitivity, and even the lightly caress almost disables her with pleasure. She breaks the kiss, a strand of saliva between your lips. She’s still blushing, and closes her eyes as you brush over her vulva. You kiss down her body, fingers running over her lower lips. She tries to stifle a moan, as if not reacting would stop the pleasure. You’ve kissed down to her nipples, and Applejack gasps as you begin to suck on one.

Applejack grows hotter and wetter as your tongue and teeth tease her nipples, and as you continue to touch her vulva feather light, she lets out a sigh of contentment. Your teeth give her teat a little nip and she gasps; you can feel the wetness of her sex on her fur now. Her clit hardens and you begin to tease that too. Her hips give a small thrust in the air under your finger tips, and you smile. She may be confident and headstrong most of the time, but lately it's taken little more than teasing to put her in a far mor receptive and intimate mood.
>>
>>26843484

"G... gosh darnit... Ya can't help but tease me till Ah beg, don't ya?" the last word coming out as a gasp as you slide two fingers down her slit then into her. Her sex contracts on your fingers even as you slide your fingers back out. You run your fingers down her labia again, covered in her own fluids. Another flick of your tongue against her nipple and you pull your mouth away leaving her nipples glistening in the sun. You lay yourself against her, kissing her neck and cheek, telling her that you don't hear her begging.

"Jus... just get on with it already and fuck me," she says, a blush on her face. You rest your hand on her pregnant belly and tell her it's not good enough. Another kiss on her neck and it's enough to make her moan. Your hands are still teasing her
And that's all I wrote because I got tired of writing on an iPod. Maybe I'll watch some Applejack episodes and be inspired to finish it, maybe I won't. Who knows?
>>
>>26840195
are you that guy that managed to write in vacation island into the plot?
>>
i'm more surprised that my CYOA still lives and that my player wants to continue
>>
File: top3.jpg (120KB, 800x1170px) Image search: [Google]
top3.jpg
120KB, 800x1170px
>>26837821
I really want to write an EqGverse with SMT elements on it, set in the apocalypse as HSBR pull the plug off the world, letting Fandemons to run rampant,. It had Sunset and SciTwi as its protagonists and the rest of the Humane7 as the conflicting alignments. There's like 1500 words that I managed to wrote in, set in the begining of a battle, but I just cant write anything mysterious or attractive enough for its opening, or any other scenes that had even half of the usual SM moral ambiguity.
best I can do is to draw some shit for the setting, but that alone wont help it.
>>
>>26843509

I'd read it if you continued.
>>
File: Murdering intensifies.gif (318KB, 506x415px) Image search: [Google]
Murdering intensifies.gif
318KB, 506x415px
>Super bad ass original stories that take a week to write and properly finish
>People never care about it
>Smut involving Anon and pone, with 17 different names for the dick and vagina
>Thread turns into a never ending bump general
>>
File: princess condense pfft.png (172KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
princess condense pfft.png
172KB, 1024x1024px
>>26843665
>mfw yfw
>>
>>26843665
This. I hang around in some generals to try and see what some awaited writers that were hold dear as poets actually had in store. Imagine my disapointment when their story, while compactly writen, were basically smut with dicking and flirting as the main selling point. The anons goes oohs and aahs for every blue balling and anon dictating his 'superiority' (read: being a jerk) to the girls.
There are lights among these darkness tho.. but sadly they seems to have been ignored mostly since they arent following the clique

I want to murder the concept of Anon, the bland main character, if his purpose were nothing but dick surrogate
>>
>>26837990
>Anon
Feel glad that you never finished.
>>
>>26843848
>dictating his 'superiority'
>(read: being a jerk) to the girls
Felt that from here.
>>
>>26843848
>>26843908
With the handful of greens I've written but never finished, Anon wasn't even in the story. I think having a self insert Anon helps keep the story going, or at least gives a point of reference? But yeah, the green recently has started to stagnant over the past few months, following the same formula. Utterly predictable now.

>tfw no anti-Anon green exists
>tfw smut is the main focal point
>>
>>26843970

>anti-Anon green

Actually, I might be able to help there. I have an unfinished story where Anon was an asshole, other characters called him on out it, and the main point was the consequences of the smut (unwanted pregnancy) rather than smut itself.

Does that count?
>>
>>26843970
That EqG SciAnon can be seen as a somewhat deviation of the norm, with Sunset as its primary main character as she had the most of the 1st person story told from her perspective, while Anon in the story is very stubborn and uncooperative but had a very strong and believable reason to do so. Anon werent treated as a spoiled MC there, he were treated as "just" another character in the story.
>>
>>26844090
Oh yeah, there are no smut in the story. It was pure drama (but were at a tolerable level) and adventure, which are now starting to pick up its pace
>>
>>26844078
Yep, that counts. Shows more depth than a self insert getting his dick wet. Gold star. Why'd you stop?

>>26844090
And I'll admit, I haven't really delved into that thread. Not that I dislike EqG, just doesn't click with me. Might give it a venture though that you mention that story. Who wrote it?
>>
>>26844108

Honestly? I stopped because I got lazy and the story stopped being fun to write.
>>
write CYOA's to avoid making Anon one-dimensional character
>>
File: hh.jpg (127KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
hh.jpg
127KB, 600x600px
>>26844108
Some namefag named Scianon, he seems to have only written that one story so far according to its pastebin, unless he had any other names before http://pastebin.com/u/SciAnon
The thread itself however, is constantly dying, as other writefag that respond to the prompt ironically seems to have eroded away as Scianon's story is the one that gathers the most support there, even sometimes had a very vague art to accompany the story.
>>
>>26837506
You should.
>>
>>26844178
If you want an unpredictable and lol random Anon, with other character needs to constantly bends themself from causing the story to derail from its goal, then go ahead
>>
One of the first fics I ever read was "Through the eyes of another pony", anyone remembers it? I liked it for the comedy and lighthearted commentary of the fandom's autism but dropped it two chapters before the last one (14 or so, don't remember) because it started taking itself too seriously and stopped being fun to read. Might go back to it simply out of curiosity.
>>
>>26843509
Not bad! Write more!
>>
>>26844286
then don't write some silly CYOA's
>>
>>26842886
That wasn't motivation, dipshit. That's just saying "stop having a sad circlejerk" when people are talking about things, and didn't bother reading the rest of the posts.
>>
>>26844108
>>26844078
>>26843970
>>26843848
I've written a lot of green, and I've never done any smut... and it seems that I never really need to, either, if you have depth; if you have a slight deviation, and if you know how to make a character, you can make an anon insert work really well. if you look at PeteQ's work you'll see that most, if not, all his green has an anon as a main character, and he's never had to write smut (from what I've read, I could be wrong on that last point) and he makes each and every anon have a completely different personality, lifestyle, backstory, as long as you have the ability to make a character. the anon works, and works well. but that all depends on the writefag

TL;DR : Anon green can work better than any other green if done properly.

As for finishing green. I've never had to abandon a green. mostly I work in chapter basis, so one story to the next. same universe, not unlike a Sitcom, but not like one, if you make your green episodic, with each one independent, no-one will ever shit on you for not having any loose ties, but... really, that's just my style

TL;DR : episodic green is BAE if you're inconsistent. because you're easily forgiven.
>>
>>26844422
those numbers tho... your so organised
>>
>>26844444

better number
>>
>>26844422
Looks like I've got plenty of reading to do. Time to load up the coffee machine.
>>
>>26844441
off by 3
damnit
>>
>>26844444
Oh shi-
>>
>>26844444
FUCKING THIS THREAD IS NOW GREAT
>>
>>26844441
talking about reading PeteQ's stuff or my post?
>>
>>26844444
It's okay, anon.
It's okay.
>>
>>26844456
It happens.

>>26844444
That the 'all mares want to bone Anon because of his greekgod physique' thread? Shame. I enjoyed the green in that.

>>26844469
wew lad, they be only numbers.

>>26844486
PeteQ's, but a link to your stuff would be appreciated.
>>
Fuck it, I'll just dump these here.

http://pastebin.com/NBphn6Eb
http://pastebin.com/ih8he1RQ
http://pastebin.com/9vdHEnDX

There's a little more but you'll have to go digging through an archive. I'm this guy>>26844078
>>
>>26844494
my pastebin got glassed a bit ago, but I'm making a green under the name " My Idea of A Good Time" >>26812521 is where it starts, I goofed the first post. so i'm linking it here
I got plans, it aint going anywhere anytime soon
>>26812521
>>26812540
>>
File: 1433864820918.jpg (313KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1433864820918.jpg
313KB, 800x1000px
>>26844444
Ponies impressed by Anon's physique was one of my favorite greentexts.

Also, pic related. No idea if there will be a continuity to Anon in Industria.
>>
>>26844444
also, I accidentally reported you, don't ask me how, but I did.
>>
>>26844545
You are my fucking hero
>>
File: Heavy disagrees.jpg (152KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Heavy disagrees.jpg
152KB, 1680x1050px
>>26844444
Quints of Admission of Guilt.
And I forgive you with those numbers.
I myself had a green in MLP:TiM
And i never finished it.
>>
>>26844560
got get a chuckle out of that there post, son?
>>
>>26844632
which writefag are you?
>>
>>26837506
>read my blog!
>give me attention!
Fuck off.
>>
I was at my top when there were story request threads
Now /bat/ barely needs me, just because they don't have much
>>
File: pwa.png (195KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
pwa.png
195KB, 500x500px
http://strawpoll.me/7168265

Faggots report in
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.