[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I just finished reading the reflections arc HOLY SHIT THAT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 8

File: IDW_comics_issue_18-19_combined.png (2MB, 1280x961px) Image search: [Google]
IDW_comics_issue_18-19_combined.png
2MB, 1280x961px
So I just finished reading the reflections arc

HOLY SHIT THAT ENDING WAS FUCKING RETARDED
>>
>>26756472
Had the most potential of any of the arcs, and it turned into a retarded love story.
IDW for you.
>>
Literally every single IDW adventure arc has ended in a retarded way from the start. Come to think of it, most slice-of-life arcs have too.
>>
>>26756472
On the plus side the next volume looks to be about my waifu so hopefully it won't be a waste of money like reflections was

Well I suppose I only half wasted my money with reflections it was worth it for the starswirl stuff.
>>
>>26756942
Which one? The filly Twilight one? They're only doing one offs for most of the year.
>>
>>26756481
You'd have to really try to fuck up alternate universe plots. They practically write themselves, or at the very least have interesting ideas that could be explored.
>>
>>26756472
I don't know what y'all are talking about I though it was great. Specifically, I enjoyed how it at least made the attempt at making Celestia seem less like a god-being and more relatable as a character (YMMV on whether they succeeded or not, I thought they did). Plus this arc gave Sombra more characterization than his fucking two-parter did, so that's always great to see.
>>
>>26757002
IIRC she explicitly tried to fuck it up because she thought the generic story being set up was too generic. Unfortunately for her she couldn't handle deviating from the stock story and would have been better off playing it safe.

People would be slightly let down by a generic plot done well. Would have been good compared to the mess we got.
>>
>>26757023
I would have preferred Celestia never got another characterization chance and Sombra stayed the way he was, honestly.
>>
File: 1446683157360.jpg (32KB, 271x289px) Image search: [Google]
1446683157360.jpg
32KB, 271x289px
>>26757023
I feel like I wouldn't even have to try to find a few troper tales you've written.
>>
>>26757040
Again, it's totally subjective, I just appreciate it when characters are flawed and actually characters rather being symbols of purity and moral rectitude. No one is infallible, after all, even immortal God-empresses
>>
>>26757058
Nope, I just do edits for shit I like
>>
>>26757075
Oh fuck no. Making her into a horny teenager was not a good choice.
>>
>>26757023
>>26757075
>>26757088
Q pls go
>>
>>26756967
No the great and powerful Trixie.

Twas a good comic.
>>
>>26757097
Thing is though, at that time in her life she probably WAS a horny teenager. If she's over a thousand years old now and that arc began just after Luna's banishment, she was probably in the Alicorn equivalent of adolescence at the time. She had also just lost her sister and was dealing with all the rigors of running a nation by herself, and all the stuff with the mirror allowed her some bit of escapism from the pressures of her life. Wouldn't you take that given the circumstances?
>>
Wait a siren a fucking siren

I think it's better to only have the 3 sirens
>>
>>26757139
Put myself over my people for a fling at romance that cannot work? More importantly, pine for that fling for 1000 years?

No to both.
>>
>>26757167
It sounds shitty when you simplify it like that, but again, she was grieving for her sister and probably still super young and stupid (like we all were at that age), so of course she's gonna make some stupid decisions out of self-interest rather than for the good of her nation. Hindsight is 20/20, my friend
>>
>>26757200
Yes, but after 1000 years?

Also get down to the fundamental problem here: no one wants to read a fucking romance story between Celestia and an OC.
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 320x320px
>>26757227
>>
>>26757219
I'll concede that point, it is a super-hard type of story to do right and even if you do there's gonna be a lot of people that hate it based on the premise alone. I just thought that it gave Celestia and Sombra some decent development as characters and had some genuinely touching moments.
>>
>>26757275
Celestia shouldn't be the leader of Equestria if she acts like this and Sombra was a Marty Stu.
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 300x300px
>>26757301
At the end of the day, it all comes down to your tastes.
>>
>>26757227
fuck
the
fuck
off
/pol/
you
fucking
autistic
retarded
shitlord
god
fucking
damn
it

FUCKING FUCK
>>
>>26757301
>Marty Stu
did you mean to say Married Stew?
>>
>>26757275
I thought it was interesting how they only got to see each other a few hours per year during all those centuries. How do you keep up a relationship like that going?

I suppose being quasi-immortal does limit ones choices for long-term dating, as well as having a different sense of time.
>>
>>26757439
>How do you keep up a relationship like that going?

Either through absolutely single-minded commitment or having the most open goddamn relationship possible.
>>
>>26756472
>Only found the ending retarded.
>>
>>26757162
Oh well it's apparently a kelpie

Stupid is what it is the ending was pretty shit to.
>>
>>26757561
Oh no there was a lot of horrible shit the ending just stood out past it all.
>>
>>26757349
That response was loaded with aspergers.
>>
>>26756472
I know op, it just happen like Siege of crystal empire.

Somebody sabotaged all the king sombra comics.

fuck me.
>>
>>26757561
it was a good comic, until good king sombra fuck up everything... why he didn't put the dark magic in bag or something else.

that ending was stupid.
the love part makes sense... otherwise celestia would be a complete incompetent/irresponsible turd who didn't save her sister just to play whit the other one that is in the mirror.
>>
>>26758541
I think it would have been better if the other universe had no relation to equestria a whole new set of ponys

Just like the equestria girls universe should have had a whole new set of humans
>>
>>26758541
I think the idea is that, when a strong pony uses the EoH alone without friendship, they cannot just magic away their problems without requiring some sacrifice. That's why Celestia couldn't just reform Luna, she had to send her to the Moon for 1000 years. Meanwhile the Mane 6 could just rainbow blast the evil right out of her with no effort or consequences.
>>
>>26757561
Honestly it was standard bad for IDW, but the ending really sucked.

Why do 99% of IDW endings suck?
>>
I must admit the idw folks are extremely good at puns there always very punny
>>
>twilight refuses to use her magic against the bulls

And this storyline seemed so promising
>>
>>26759749
Just what is this if they were worried about a plot hole of why dident twilight just use her magic on them this workaround is far worse then just ignoring it.
>>
>>26759769
Also I don't know if bullies is the right word this is outright terrorism
>>
>>26759773
I mean fuck she's not willing to use heragic to stop them but she's willing to use her smarts
The pen is mightier then the sword princess if you want to fight fair don't fight smart.

This is the worst of the comics so far.

I'm sure dragon town will take that spot when I get to it but still.
>>
>>26759787
How close are you to getting to Dragontown?
>>
>>26759805
I'm up to issue 26
>>
>>26759828
Dragontown is in the Friends Forever series.
>>
>>26759787
>you can't use your magic to defeat evil but altering legaly binding documents after the fact is perfectly OK.
What the fuck were they thinking.
>>
>Celestia would have damaged two different universes, root and parallel, just for love

>...but was willing to wield the elements against her sister to protect her subjects from the threat she posed to Equestria

>1000 years later after she's had more than enough time to grieve and heal over what was lost, and possibly find somepony else from her realm

Yeah, While I don't agree with somepony being perfect, taking a respectable ruler who was willing to plan and sacrifice for the sake of her realm and make her into a massive hormonal and emotional wreck for the sake of a climax....

ALL of this, for a relationship that wasn't even explained (we don't even know exactly why she fell for him besides being a literal faultless "prince charming"). I would have rather we kept Celestia as a vague character if it meant denying this disservice.
>>
>>26759843
Ah well I will have to read that one after I finish these
>>
>>26759864
My bigest problem is with the way sombra beat them
>>
>>26759864
>>Celestia would have damaged two different universes, root and parallel, just for love

Technically there was no damage for 1000 years because she kept her visits short and infrequent.

The thing that screwed everything up was her getting captured by her evil twin and being stuck in the other world for a whole week.
>>
>>26759787
Dragontown isn't nearly as retarded as the bull one.
>>
>>26759965
Alright something came up but I finally got a chance to finish reading it

Holy shit that was retarded why the fuck did celestia just tell her to stop being a retard and blast them away.

Destroying a historic site is grounds for protected involvement but terrorism isent.

Your right this is probably going to be the worst dragon town is social justice and civilised dragons reflections was just silly and that second volume was just a stupid explanation for Luna going crazy but this this was just retardedly making characters act completely fucking stupid.

Applejack or rainbow dash alone could have taken that whole gang of bulls in single combat together they should have taken them out without breaking a sweat.
>>
Wait who the fuck is kibitz
>>
>>26760296
One of Cook's retarded Oc's.
>>
>>26760400
Hey Q. Get that job at IDW yet?
>>
>>26760216
The fact that it basically played up Twilight as God while the rest of the mane six were utterly worthless without her (And WITH her too, since she needed NOTHING from them as far as help goes) didn't help.

Like, WTF, seriously at that arc.
>>
File: 1456261764044.jpg (99KB, 626x688px) Image search: [Google]
1456261764044.jpg
99KB, 626x688px
>>26756472
does anybody notice it looks like a human in the middle?
>>
>>26760459
Ponies in FIM can have a tendency to look rather like humans when the writers get sloppy.

Good sombra has a very human style upper body for example.
>>
>>26760464
so who is it in the middle?
>>
>>26760432
Yep

She's strong but she's not that strong.

Hell if she's worried about abusing her alicorn power or even her above average inate power most of her magical ability still comes from intense study.
>>
>>26757139
I agree. I found it fascinating and enjoyable.
>>
>>26760511
Hell, its not like she didn't solve the problem with her magic anyways; She just, for some reason, needed them to harm a historical landmark as a "crime", instead of, y'know, MUGGING an entire town, threatening to maim rarity, and assaulting her friends.

because Hurting your friends is never a crime, only hurting historical landmarks.
>>
>>26760511
I haven't been reading for the last few hours because of chess but it looks like this revenge of the revenge of the everfree hypes her up a little to.

Well not so much hypes her up as makes her friends useless of course she can take a lone timberwolf but so can applejack, rainbow dash and pinkie pie
>>
>>26760544
Did they just rhyme sure with cure
>>
>>26760544
The deer are the biggest assholes in the entireity of Friendship is magic. They're basically every bad stereotype of why people hate elves, rolled into one big race of douches. And they're racist as shit.

The Only thing that saves the comic is that the biggest asshole of them gets utterly humiliated and the ONE deer that's not an asshole saves the day.

Also, Gotta lol at "Earth pony magic" now since they get utterly dunked on by the deer as far as plant magic goes.
>>
I liked it
>>
>>26756472
I just love how blatantly hypocritical and double standarded ponyfags can be.

>Double Rainboom is full of meme and references!
Just like the show
>The story had potential, but they turned it into a retarded meme fest
Just like the show.
>>
>>26760907
what does everything you just said have anything to do with what op said?
>>
>>26760907
>Just like the show

Exactly, what you think that people enjoy what the show has actually become?

>TFW Mlp is as bad as Double Rainboom now.
>>
>>26760926
Case in point: bronies are dumber than a jellyfish without a brain.
>>
>>26757301
I thought it was gary stu
>>
>>26760934
Op said the ending to the reflections sucked? What does that have to do with double rainboom?
>>
>>26760934
Jellyfish don't have brains you fucking moron
>>
>>26760944
>>
>>26759872
OK just got to read this last volume then it's on to friends forever.
>>
>>26761164
Oh it's a cherelie story I hope its good.
>>
>>26761180
I feel like wrestling was the wrong framing device for this story.
>>
As much as the comics are stupid at times I have to admire that they remembered that it takes a day by train just to get to canterlot.

SOMETHING EVERY SINGLE FUCKING SHOW WRITER SEEMS TO HAVE FORGOTEN.
>>
>>26761199
Wait no I just realised she just meant she would be in canterlot until tomorrow.
>>
God damit idw filthy rich is meant to be a nice guy
>>
>>26761209
That said applejack is nice to but this is perfectly in character for her I guess they are just firing each other up.
>>
>>26761219
Yeah I have come to the conclusion filthy was the right choice spoilt would have made the argument have a clear villan and the story would have been worse for it.

As is its an excellent tale I would say second only to big Mac at the fair.
>>
File: medium (9).png (228KB, 758x584px) Image search: [Google]
medium (9).png
228KB, 758x584px
>>26757075
>No one is infallible, after all, even immortal God-empresses
>>
>>26757367
Is it a tasty stew?
>>
OK on to friends forever it's an Intreging concept and there's a few left to go before I get to the dreaded dragon town.
>>
>>26761340
Wait shit it looks like there's auctualy another 6 comics left in the main series but there not listed maybe there not licensed to be sold in Australia yet.

Fucking licences
>>
>>26761359
Wait it seems it's there but the idiots forgot to send it to the store in the series
>>
>>26761370
Fuck it I can't be arsed to deal with this right now the siege on the crystal empire can wait I'm going to check out this villan origin series.
I get the feeling that the sombra and nightmare moon ones will be crap and the others will be great.
>>
Celestia being this stupid did not make her a more flawed and relatable character. It was just plain bad writing.
>>
>>26761386
Hell the show already makes her flawed as fuck she constantly risks the lives of thousands of ponys to test her students.

Telling twilight she had to be the one to stop sombra was pretty fucking reckless just to test somebody's character
>>
>>26760907
The main problem with double rainboom is that they never incorporate any of the references. There's way too damn many and they shove them down your throat, like stopping the action completely just to see Derpy being dumb, that scootachicken billboard, and the troll face cloud.
>>
>>26761383
Yep I was right there making sombra relatable they have plenty of other villans to do that with sombra should stay as somebody who simply has a black heart.

And for the Luna stuff it's going to be more of that nightmare forces bullshit.
The other 4 will be good though.
>>
>>26761410

Yep. She really started go downhill since the S2 finale.
>>
>>26761444
OK I auctualy really loved that story

They made you feel sorry for sombra without auctualy making him sympathetic there is no good in him but for his youth there was and he does not miss that at all.

It was no tradedgy that sent him evil it was in his nature all along.

Why the fuck can't all idw stuff be this well written and if the one I thought was going to be crap the ones I think will be good may well be amazing (although chrysalis will have more of that stupid draining)
>>
>>26761515
Tirek one was pretty good

The refusal to say die got pretty funny though.
>>
>>26761515
That's what made Siege hurt more. First Fiendship was actually pretty good and a sequel to it got everyone's hopes up. Then they all got dashed and ground into dust.
>>
>>26761570
I guess I will have to read siege I do wonder how they managed to fuck up when putting it in the google play store though
>>
>>26761553
Siren one was great until the epilouge the sliced bread joke was pretty funny

But the time frames are all off in that epilouge they were banished 1000 years ago but wound up on a modern Street
Did they travel through time when they were banished or was the equestria girls universe a hell of a lot more advanced 1000 years ago then ours was and if so why did it make so little progress in those 1000 years.
>>
>>26761592
The nightmare moon one was all right but I'm still not a fan of this whole nightmare forces thing I think it should be simple jealousy and feelings of being unappreciated that sent her mad.
>>
>>26761626
Chrysalis was interesting I liked the bits of history but I'm still not a fan of the whole draining the life alongside the love thing.
They did at least show that they can still do a slow drain but they just don't have the patience to do that for longer then it takes to prepare a city for invasion.

Also they seem to have forgotten that all those villans weren't locked away for 1000 years they escaped after 1000 years from prisions meant to hold them to protect those they preyed upon.
Spikes little lampshade hanging about that year was funny.
>>
>>26761669
I think I will read friends forever now worry about the scattered pages of the last few issues of friendship is magic tomorow.
>>
>>26761677
I really really liked the celestia and spike story it gave a lot of insight Into both characters and I am excited to see much more of spike as an adventurer and hero in guardians of harmony.
>>
Well the siege doesent seem to bad so far more lightening dust can only be a good thing.
>>
>>26761835
Ah some tie in back to the fiendship is magic story cool.

Wonder what the crystal ponys did to get hope to turn on them.
>>
>>26761850
Hopes imaginary friends being the umbra is pretty fucking retarded though
>>
File: luh2heQsnH1qfvsmh.png (125KB, 500x260px) Image search: [Google]
luh2heQsnH1qfvsmh.png
125KB, 500x260px
>>26756472
Forgive my autism, but I actually liked that arc.
>>
>>26761890
God damit I could see how this all ends if the fucking tech did not keep fucking up on me.
>>
>>26762114
Ah fucking finally time to see how it all ends
>>
>>26762143
Alright I have been saying through all this that i prefer sombra as irredeemable but damit that story was excellent I don't know why people shit on it so much there are plenty of auctual shitty comics in the series to shit on.
>>
>>26762202
I think most of the problem is Anons being really against Hope's reasoning for her actions.
>>
>>26762327
Oh yeah hope was a bit crazy for sure.
>>
>>26762202
Oh rainbow dash and Trixie

Last Trixie comic was pretty good hopefully this continues the trend.
>>
I love the lineup up applecon but where's Lyra bon bons there does Lyra not like apples.
>>
>>26760907
What the fuck is your point? Double Rainboom sucked, the comics suck, and the show sucks, what are you trying to prove?
>>
>>26762567
Oh never mind she's there.
>>
Looks like I'm up to dragontown.
>>
>>26763203
How did you feel about the Celestia and Spike one?
>>
>>26763203
Ride along is a bad character.
>>
>>26763212
It was my favourite.
>>
>>26763212
Sounds about right. My favorite in that series is a toss up between that one, the Twilight and Pinkie, and the Rarity and Babs Seed Friends Forevers.
>>
>>26763203
Holy shit this is stupid it's well established that spike is unique on his civilised status

A whole God dam town of dragons makes no fucking sense it rapes the lore on so many levels.
>>
>>26763252
On the one hand social justice mouthpiece on the other hand Mina is a cutie.
>>
>>26763265
Holy shit I had seen pictures of the scene talking about the comics but now they are claiming dragons are persecuted and shit.

I really really want to kick the authors face in between this and princeless he doesent deserve to live.
>>
>>26763288
Honestly if it wasent for the social justice agenda and Canon rape I would auctualy find spikes half of this conversation to be really good.

But as is holy shit it's horrible
>>
>>26763310
Storytime thread for it had a similar sentiment.
https://desustorage.org/mlp/thread/22062496
>>
>>26763310
In fact I would say everything about spikes involvement in this story could have been good its Mina and the mere existence of dragon town that fucked it.

The writer clearly has talent why does he waste it on social justice shit he has the police acknowledge that it could still have dragons.

It's like he can turn his social justice warrior off when not writing Mina and in fact is capable of pointing out the flaws in social justice argument.

I ligitimintly think the man has schizophrenia or a split personality or something of some sort.

Either that or he's a shit writer who tried and failed to make everybody who rejected spikes insistence that it was not a dragon out as villans.

Either way I feel sorry for his beautiful brown daughter she has to put up with him.
>>
>>26763364
Hell the police captain or whatever seemed to have the right idea it might not have been a dragon but it probably was so let's start there.
>>
>>26763373
Hm the sjw came out again for lunas appology a bit any decent writer would have Luna say that it could have been a dragon but this guy had her just say because dragons are discriminated against the crime can't have been them.
Which is retarded.
>>
I want to analy violate Jeremy Whitley while I force him to scream "dragons are not negro's" at the top of his lungs for hours
>>
>>26763391
Also I just realised they published this in the wrong series Luna dident fucking do anything.
>>
>>26763322
I'm not even going to try reading through all that on my phone I will check it out when I get home.
>>
Hm seems to be a bit of an error in the applejack and mayor mare comic one of the early pages shows up again later instead of what should be there maybe it dident download right.
>>
>>26760468
it's a comic COVER
don't you know by now that it has nothing at all to do with the contents of the plot?
Thread posts: 133
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.