[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Something I've always wondered, would you have still wacthed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

File: medium-6.jpg (167KB, 800x563px) Image search: [Google]
medium-6.jpg
167KB, 800x563px
Something I've always wondered, would you have still wacthed the show if the charcters weren't horses. Like everything would be exactly the same but they would be human. What does them being horses actually add at the end of the day?
>>
File: 500.png (174KB, 487x269px) Image search: [Google]
500.png
174KB, 487x269px
>>25960372
That there, oh I don't know...CUTE?
>>
>>25960372
Because they're cute.
>>
File: I SHOT REAGAN.gif (331KB, 512x474px) Image search: [Google]
I SHOT REAGAN.gif
331KB, 512x474px
Shut up. It matters.
>>
>>25960386
>>25960395
>>25960401
Okay I get it, horses are cute, it's not like I disagreed with that. But the main question remains, would you have still watched if they weren't ?
>>
File: deth.png (529KB, 778x1000px) Image search: [Google]
deth.png
529KB, 778x1000px
>>25960372
Probably. They are a bit more interesting than your average kawii anime crap they spew out.

>>25960386
And what this guy said. I found my cuteness overload. I don't need it from anywhere else.
>>
And Because I'm legitimately curious about this
http://strawpoll.me/6425685
>>
>>25960372
If the show wasn't such an established brand like MLP it wouldn't have garnered as much attention as it did and I personally would probably have never heard about it or watched it; that's not to say that there aren't a lot of people on /co/ who wouldn't have watched it, it just never would have gotten bigger than a general on /co/ if the idea of grown men watching MLP wasn't attached to it.
>>
>>25961186
>if the idea of grown men watching MLP wasn't attached to it.
Do you think mlp ever be looked at on it's own merits in the future, or would the fact that a bunch grown men watched it always overshadow it?
>>
>>25960444
Maybe, but I doubt it. I say maybe because I actually liked watching strawberry shortcake on the hub.
>>
>>25961242
The MLP brand has been tainted now, it'll die before anyone who remembers 'bronies' has.
>>
>>25960372
I can honestly say I would not watch the show if they were humans

That's essentially what "equestria girls" is and its absolutely abysmal

The fact that there aren't any humans in equestria (and never will be) makes it a true utopia
>>
File: image.jpg (67KB, 508x416px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 508x416px
>>25960372
I thought that op image was twilight until I saw the penis.
>>
>>25963043
>That's essentially what "equestria girls" is and its absolutely abysmal
I thought Equestria Girls was only hated because it focused too much on dumb high school bullshit and werid Doug skin colors
>>
File: image.jpg (119KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119KB, 768x1024px
>>25960372
I don't care that they are horses. Hell, I don't even think of them as horses at all (what kind of horse has a cutie mark anyway?).

I think of them as a sprite-like, neotenic, arcano-corporeal species.

At least for me, they could be any sort of animal, but not humans, because then Id have to think of them as people.
>>
>>25963097
every single argument I ever see by fags who eat that shit up is: "ITS JUST LIKE THE SHOW"

surely no sense will ever grace them
>>
>>25963097
>waifu-stealer featured
>blatant monster high cash-in
>our beloved pone voices attached to those monstrosities
>it couldn't just be laughed off because people actually started defending it
hatred justified
>>
File: wakfu kek.png (243KB, 452x456px) Image search: [Google]
wakfu kek.png
243KB, 452x456px
>>25960372
>Like everything would be exactly the same but they would be human.
Keep the strong magic elements in a fantasy setting, and sure, I'd still be watching it.

I expect to still see everything related to the variety of fantastical creatures still stay "exactly the same", however.

Wakfu was one of the shows I can trace my path to watching this show to, so I can believe it.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.