[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright faggots, since you guys seem to argue about this shi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 36

File: 144816602693.jpg (174KB, 1110x720px) Image search: [Google]
144816602693.jpg
174KB, 1110x720px
Alright faggots, since you guys seem to argue about this shit, let's put it to a vote:
Equestria Girls, canon or no canon?
http://strawpoll.me/6226379
>>
>>25720406

It's canon but they're also separate stories that don't interact with each other. Twilight will reference getting a crystal castle in Rainbow Rocks or something, or reference being caught in a time loop, but that's about it.
>>
File: 1449565552983.png (310KB, 936x526px) Image search: [Google]
1449565552983.png
310KB, 936x526px
You could erase EqG completely from existence and nothing would chance in the show
Not canon
>>
Canon.

I don't get why people don't want it to be not canon just because they think its bad. Unless you're that hung up about Twilight having a crush on Flash, there's nothing that its existence does to really affect the pony universe. And just because you thought it was bad, pretending its not canon doesn't erase how the show staff made a bad movie, just like pretending an episode wasn't really canon doesn't erase the episode from ever existing.
>>
>>25720447
Isn't that like saying that you could completely erase an episode like A Bird in the Hoof or Too Many Pinkie Pies and nothing would change in the show since nothing ever calls back to any of the developments in those episodes? So should they be considered not canon too?
>>
>>25720406
It's not canon until it's mentioned in the show. Now go back to sucking Meghan's cock
>>
>>25720465
No, because those episodes are actually referenced throughout/a part of the show
>>
>>25720482
When was A Bird in the Hoof or Too Many Pinkie Pies referenced? I can't remember a time when Philomena was brought back, or anyone making a comment about the time Pinkie made clones of herself.
>>
File: B5fkMiMIYAAAmWD.png (71KB, 500x151px) Image search: [Google]
B5fkMiMIYAAAmWD.png
71KB, 500x151px
>all these opinions

>all are wrong
>>
>>25720500
I know that Pinkie making clones of herself is mentioned in an episode in season 5
Can't remember which one or when
But it's there, I'm telling you
Besides THE SHOW is canon
A spin off isn't, and that's all EqG is
>>
File: sunset.png (191KB, 616x777px) Image search: [Google]
sunset.png
191KB, 616x777px
>>25720455
Seriously? You don't see anything wrong?
I know a lot of you have lost interest in the show to the point that you don't care if they inject Kirby or Metroid Prime or a Monster High ripoff into its canon, but many of us still like the show and wish that it stays in its current "untainted" state
A high school dimension with humans just doesn't fit in FiM
>>
>>25720406
Canon isn't decided by the opinions of the audience, it's decided by the creators of the work. How is this a concept that's difficult to grasp?
>>
File: autism.png (21KB, 250x193px) Image search: [Google]
autism.png
21KB, 250x193px
>>25720563
>How is this a concept that's difficult to grasp?
>>
>>25720577
I'm diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome and I can accept that things I don't like are canon. It's astonishing that people who claim to be less autistic are still refusing to accept any basic facts they don't approve of.

I mean, I couldn't stand Dragon Quest, but that doesn't mean it's not a part of the show, does it?
>>
>>25720545
How is a spinoff not canon? A spinoff is merely a new product that is derived from another product, not a completely separate entity that is not canon to the original. Are the events of Angel not canon to Buffy the Vampire Slayer? Are all the other Star Trek series not canon to the Original Series?

>>25720561
And that's why its only the focus of the movies. There still isn't anything necessarily wrong with the idea that you can travel to other dimensions, and in one of the dimensions is a human world with high schools.
>>
File: 1418951809048.jpg (19KB, 500x449px) Image search: [Google]
1418951809048.jpg
19KB, 500x449px
>mfw I still don't know what canon means
>mfw I don't give a fuck
>>
>>25720561
You sound like one of those guys in Japan who get so upset that an idol or voice actor is in a relationship or even has had sex because she didn't remain pure like how you imagined her.
>>
>>25720406
Since it literally has no conflict with the main series (unlike the comics), it's canon. Events in the movies perfectly correlate to the current state of Equestrian affairs (First with Twilight acquiring wings, then with the Castle existing, and finally with Twilight being out of it for a time loop scenario). Also, Meghan said it was canon, and Flash Sentry (who was made for the movies) has translated to the show twice with the same voice actor and job position.

There's literally no harm to the show by accepting its canon since the events literally happen in a mirror universe. I don't get why people get their jimmies all rustled just imagining that.
>>
>>25720561
It's an alternate universe. It doesn't have to completely make sense. Given an infinite number of realities, it just means it's one where everyone has the same personalities (though Fluttershy's a little more blunt), but their entire physical universe is different. Mainly, that difference is everyone seems to be trapped in high school forever.
>>
Is this the same autist that keeps posting those pics of them one tweets
>>
>>25720545
some people seem to try to maintain that filler episodes aren't canon, actually. You'd be amazed how far people go to believe things never happened.
>>
File: glimmer face slide.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
glimmer face slide.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>25720406
>shimmerfags will actually believe that it being canon is relevant
>"EQG happened but it doesn't impact #MLPFIM storylines"
>>
>>25720638
Canon as we're using it here means what officially happened in a fictional universe, as opposed to installments that are set in that universe or feature the same characters but aren't a true part of the story. Any rules or events established in a non-canon installment don't have to be followed in the rest of the series, and vice versa, the work itself may choose not to be totally consistent with what it's based on. It's a non-event, something that won't be brought up or involved in the rest of the series because it officially didn't take place. In short, it means that whatever happens there amounts to a big "what if".

EQG is an odd thing because it's stated to be canon, but it never comes up in the show outside of Flash Sentry's cameos, so it may as well have never happened even though it did. It's at the outer edge of MLP, existing without involvement.
>>
>>25720406
It's deuterocanonical.

FiM is entirely canon to EqG, but EqG is only conditionally canon to FiM (because it can be contradicted by the primary canon of FiM, which would override EqG's secondary canon).
>>
Jesus, people treating Meghan's tweet like the word of God, as if she even knows what's she's talking about.
The staff most likely never discussed canonicity. But it's clear that they have decided that EqG must be avoided like the plague in the show.

Why would that be? If it really were canon, why do the creators go out of their way to make sure it's kept out of FiM?

But the icing on the cake is this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_2eIf1NuWQ

And then there's people here acting like everyone who disagrees with them is some sort of nostalgic EqG hater in denial, and that accepting EqG as canon is the only logical choice. It's not, go fuck yourselves.
>>
>>25720813
This is why I continuously bring up Flash Sentry in my arguments that FiM can be canonically impacted by elements introduced in EqG.

There is, however, a written line in Equestria Games that does cause a small contradiction:

>Last time you were here, you got the Crystal Heart to Princess Cadance in time to save this entire empire from destruction!
You could say this is wrong due to spike visiting in the one where he takes care of the pets, but he was pretty undercover there. It's hard to believe he interacted with no one in EqG 1 on his way to the castle though, unless his visit was unannounced (though they were there for a... princess summit?) and the other was a huge event where Spike was invited to light the flame. Fuck I'm thinking too hard about this.
>>
>>25720824
What he say?

(Can't view videos)
>>
>>25720845
"I don't know, I haven't even seen Equestria Girls"
>>
>>25720406
Canon, but not important.
>>
>>25720406
Until there is an episode on the show with bacon hair featured in it. IT'S NOT CANON
>>
>>25720479
But when it's mentioned in the show you'll still deny it.
>>
>>25720853
But anon, if she doesn't mention the events of Equestria Girls, couldn't she just be Sunset Shimmer, the pony created for Equestria Girls but who technically existed in Equestria as Celestia's student anyway? That's what everyone says about Flash.
>>
I don't think anyone would be debating this if people kept trying to prove their opinion as fact, instead of saying "This is what they think, coolio." I mean shit, who cares if it's canon or not? What harm is it doing to you?
>>
>>25720867
Yes, yes she could, and there's nothing wrong with it being up for debate
>>
>>25720813
That's true, if the show outright contradicts EQG, its word is the final one. But at present they both seem to be coexisting in a mutual state of distance from one another.

>>25720824
Here is the state of things. We have no word from anyone saying that EQG isn't canon, and we have some word saying that it is. That word comes from a person who, at the time at least, was in charge of deciding such things. Now, those who choose to act like what evidence we have doesn't count and point to the franchise's minimal involvement as the more conclusive proof of its nonexistence are being, for lack of a more polite way to phrase it, idiots. It's a spinoff series, and those have a history of not being acknowledged much by the series from which they originate. Furthermore, the writers know it's not an exceptionally popular spinoff, so they most likely choose not to spark trouble by bringing it up unnecessarily. It's a fair choice on their part. However, until such a time as we hear anyone in charge of anything actually say that EQG is non-canon, either the showrunners or FiM itself, we must default to the statement of whoever's spoken with the greatest authority on the matter. That is Meghan. Hence why we bring up the tweet. Your reasons for denying it are, so far, insubstantial.
>>
>>25720883
I think "open to interpretation" is the better wording, my english is not quite there yet
>>
File: Mane7.png (292KB, 478x251px) Image search: [Google]
Mane7.png
292KB, 478x251px
I eagerly await season 6 just so I can see Starlight Glimmer in the Mane7
>>
Before the rights were acquired by Disney, the Star Wars Expanded Universe was for all intents and purposes canon to the property despite never being referenced to in the movies. Thankfully and I mean that sincerely, fuck those glorified fanfictions Disney as the new rights holder decided to exercise its power by abolishing them from canon, because the person running the show can do that and because nobody has done so regarding EqG and also the comics as much as people will hate it they are effectively canon to the universe of MLP until somebody higher up finally says "no".
>>
>>25720897
>we must default to the statement of whoever's spoken with the greatest authority on the matter
not necessarily. we can't even know for sure whether sunset shimmer actually exists in the show's canon or not, and it's possible that she will never be mentioned and we will never know. we need a real statement, not a shitty tweet by meghan
>>
>>25721083
and that's why many people say something's not canon until it appears in the show
>>
>>25721083
It's a fairly definite statement by a person who was in authority to say so. Until we hear otherwise, it's what we have to go on, and I can't see any logical reason to act like it's not true just because of where it was said.
>>
>>25720406
anyone who wants it to be canon does not give one shit about writing in a story.
>>
>>25721366
considering the writing in episodes sometimes, I'd say it's about on par
>>
>>25721384
just because an episode is part of FIM and not EQG doesnt mean it should have existed. shit is not an excuse for shit.
>>
File: whatever.png (265KB, 854x935px) Image search: [Google]
whatever.png
265KB, 854x935px
It won't be canon until we get an official signed letter by Hasbro CEO confirming it as canon.
>>
File: hnngggggg.jpg (51KB, 668x239px) Image search: [Google]
hnngggggg.jpg
51KB, 668x239px
>>25720406
>55
>54

CIVIL WAR
CANONvNOTCANON
>>
I can think of two instances where it was said to be canon.
First was that one tweet which is already being discussed.
The second comes from the president of Hasbro Studio. I don't know how much his word authority but he did mention EqG as being part of the pony universe when he revealed a 4th film. Take that as you will lads.
>>
>>25721429
well yeah, but no one says the FiM episode isn't canon just because it wasn't the best. #doublestandards
>>
Reminder everything after S1 Ep2 is not canon
>>
>>25721455
plenty of people do mr selective memory.
>>
>>25721460
they say an episode is shit, but they don't say it's not canon. The episode happened, even if it's bad
>>
If it's made my the authors of MLP:FIM and it's framed such that it occurs within MLP:FIM, it is canon.
Based on that the answer should be obvious.

It may be bad, you may dislike it, and you may wish that wasn't the case, but your opinions and preferences have no bearing on what's canon or not.
There's no discussion. You're just staving off boredom by inventing pissing matches that base themselves on a poor grasp of what the word canon means in the context of fictional universes.
>>
>>25721469
no, they do, again, you have selective memory. you are wrong.
>>
>>25721704
so are you saying that FiM episodes aren't canon or what?
>>
>>25720406
That shit ain't canon.
>>
>>25721745
got a reason?
>>
>>25721711
I am saying that people believe that about certain episodes yes. therefore the idea that people cant say "bad writing makes eqg not canon" because they excuse fim's bad writing is not valid because they do just the opposite and certainly in enough numbers to be comparable to EQG detractors.
>>
>>25721762
well, I straight up disagree with this premise. I think anyone who says an FiM episode isn't canon is flat out wrong. The entire idea of canon is destroyed if the main show can have episodes that are not canon.
>>
File: image.png (758KB, 1023x574px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
758KB, 1023x574px
>>25720406
Here's my answer
>>
>>25720406
lets be real, everything after right before twilicorn shouldnt be canon
show got cashcowed, rip mlp
>>
>>25721786
So, for you the show ended with Twilight be vaporized by her friends?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZqscrIPFNg
That's messed up yo.
>>
>>25721759
>The mirror, Sunset Shimmer, nor the Sirens or alt-Twilight are never seen or mentioned in-show, just as the comics' events aren't.
Despite the Dazzlings and Sunset being from Equestria (and both being somewhat important, with one being Celestia's "former student" and the others being legendary monsters on a similar tier to Discord), they are never mentioned even in passing or legend.

Alt-M5 also aren't mentioned or compared in the FiMverse.

Much of EQGs foundations draws from FiM and its events, while the same cannot be said of FiM (as another anon said, EQG could have never existed and nothing would change. Same can be said of the comics.)

At best, its an extended universe to be regarded with a grain of salt. The very fact that humans, the mirror, or even the Element of Magic being stolen before aren't mentioned in the main series means that they have no place in it. EQG is a separate universe with its own continuity that only happens to draw from FiM because parallel realities and two horses and 3 sirens who crossed over into them.

Also, to that anon who insists that everything not referenced in an episode later down doesn't count? FiM's been kinda loose in referencing past events, but that doesn't mean that they didn't happen, and a number of them do carry over in some way in the future.
>>
>>25721826
Well, with literally no reason to mention the events in passing or legend, it seems silly to use that as a basis for canon. A handful of episodes are ever referred to, no matter how important they are. While the EqG foundations are based on FiM and its events, it is much more consistent than the comics and has characters which have transitioned to FiM unlike the comics. It's clearly a parallel universe, not a separate extended universe.
>>
File: 1449459565136.png (540KB, 1110x720px) Image search: [Google]
1449459565136.png
540KB, 1110x720px
>>25721438
War's on Anon.
Pick a Side.
>>
>>25721837
The comics don't need to have an actual transition since its (supposed to be) FiM characters dealing with situations and encounters not touched on in the show. Thus, its an extended universe, as it has no impact on the show itself.

Even if the EQGverse is a parallel universe (which I said earlier), like the comics, it hasn't impacted the series itself. Unless it has an actual effect on the main series, there's no real way to call it canon and not an "Extended Universe" series that doesn't need to be considered as canon towards the main one (as again, its FiM characters in different situations and context - human high school).
>>
>>25721860
The comics explicitly contradict with the show though, in character depicitions and event timelines. EqG has no conflicts whatsoever. It's made to align with the show as if it were an episode.
>>
>>25720406
People only consider it not canon because they don't want it to be canon. The writers said it's canon, so it's canon.
>>
File: 1449467572682.png (950KB, 2949x2948px) Image search: [Google]
1449467572682.png
950KB, 2949x2948px
>>25721837
>>25721860
This isn't about what's canon or not.
I mean people will point that out as an argument, but it's only a tangential subject meant to obscure the real issue.
The real issue is a concern which has confounded the mlp fandom since episode 1. And that issue is, when will they introduce a sixth ranger into the cast? I suppose the term "Sixth Ranger" is a bit confusing since there are already 6 main characters but it's a power rangers trope. In addition calling them a seventh ranger would be troublesome for fans who consider Spike a main character, which he is. But what I mean is a Seventh Member of the Elements of Harmony.
And now... we have two candidates.
>>
>49 to 51
Scales are tipping!
>>
>>25721872
In that case Starlight wins out, since she has a FiM episode right out. her character in EqG has already decided she'll spend most her time in their world trying to figure out how their magic works. Starlight has been established as a super friend now
>>
File: tumblr_nekzeaCWa21qi6ke5o5_500.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nekzeaCWa21qi6ke5o5_500.gif
2MB, 500x500px
>>25721880
But Sunset already has a connection to the Elements. She was briefly bonded with the Element of Magic, and somehow she still has the power to draw upon that connection.
>>
>>25721826
The Flash Sentry cameo in the episode where Discord pretends to be sick implies that Twilight and Flash Sentry have met before.
>>
>>25721887
yeah, but she literally said she'd stay in the human world. Starlight is actually canonically the mane 6's actual friend
>>
>>25721888
It at least proves he's a real pony.
Whose a guard in the Crystal Empire.
Like in Equestria Girls.
It's rather the proverbial Fly in the Non-Canon Anon's Buttermilk.
>>
>>25721887
Source on that gif?

It's pretty good. Are there more for the rest of the cast?
>>
>>25721891
Which actually solves another issue.
The main flaw of the Sixth Ranger Paradigm is the popularity of said Sixth Ranger overshadowing the main cast. (Tommy Oliver anyone?) And clearly given the number of Shimmer-Fags (including myself) that issue is valid.
But by keeping her as an Equestria Girls exclusive character, you limit that problem. Sunset becomes the most important character but only to her own separate world. It's actual rather brilliant. Have a Sixth Ranger in an alternate reality spin off, but keep the main cast in prominence on their own show.
It's like having your cake... and eating it too.
>>
>>25721897
Dunno I found it on tumblr. But it looks like the bottom right side has a watermark.
>>
>>25721854
OP should used that pic instead.
cuz is mine.
>>
>>25721773
feel free to carry it to your grave. nobodys stopping you, just don't think there aren't people who have given the finger to shitty fim episodes just because you can't stop masterbating over eqg. while tribal camps argueing over which is best masturbation material is ubiquitous, it is not all consuming.
>>
>>25721954
You did very good anon.
You're a good pony.
>>
File: wtf.png (513KB, 1053x519px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.png
513KB, 1053x519px
>>25720406
>seems balanced to me
>>
>>25721957
the point is, if even FiM episodes can be non-canon, what's the point of canon at all? It's then based on personal opinion rather than any empirical occurrence. I find that to be retarded. Canon should be based on objective fact, not personal opinion.
>>
File: 1449683962361.gif (237KB, 242x242px) Image search: [Google]
1449683962361.gif
237KB, 242x242px
>>25721968
>>
>>25721972
Strange that we have 182 voters but only 27 posters.
>>
>>25721888
Its how Parallel universes work. Just as the M5, the Princesses, and even Twilight exist in FiM = an EQG counterpart. Same for background ponies and Flash.

>>25721973
>It happened in the show but isn't canon
>Something happens outside of the show but its canon guiz

That's some really fucked up logic. Is this what EQGfags really believe?
>>
>>25721870
That's mostly the writer's fault tbqh.They were doing just fine with their extended universe up till they started making the characters go flat out retarded. I'll never forget the bull arc/reflections because of that.
>>
>>25722148
>Its how Parallel universes work. Just as the M5, the Princesses, and even Twilight exist in FiM = an EQG counterpart. Same for background ponies and Flash.
So you're saying that even though EQG isn't canon, characters from EQG (such as Flash Sentry) would still exist somewhere in Equestria? Those characters exist, but the story doesn't. So by your own logic, if EQG ISN'T canon, then...
There's still a power mad Sunset Shimmer out there willing to do anything to become an Alicorn.
Mother of Celestia...
>>
>>25720406
Chaos is the only illogical side.
>>
>>25722219
Well, there certainly SHOULD be a Sunset Shimmer out there, but her experiences would likely be very different than FiM!Sunset seeing that she was born and raised in a world without Magic.

However, there's no telling what she would do if she came to CHS and met the FiM!Sunset or came into contact with the magic energies that have found their way into the EQGverse
>>
>>25721978
Catalog voters and lurkers. We have a bunch of those, moreso than posters.
>>
>>25722234
Well I was referring to a hypothetical pony Sunset Shimmer who never went to CHS based on the idea that "EQG ISN'T CANON" ridiculousness and therefore is still a disgraced student of Celestia looking for more power.
But yeah there is definitely a human Sunset Shimmer that should exist somewhere on EQG World but has yet to be seen.
>>
>>25722252
That's closer to another reality/timeline, though, but yeah, if we go with complete disregard to EQG never really happened/isn't canon, then there could have been a pony Shimmer.

...Actually, if that ever did happen in-show, it would likely be one of the bigger shocks to the fandom that a FiM!Sunset exists without ever experiencing EQG's events
>>
>>25722259
Honestly that might be more confusing to fans then just straight up acknowledging EGQ in the show.
Could make for an interesting fanfic though.
>>
File: Pre-Op_Sunset_imo_fam.png (141KB, 688x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Pre-Op_Sunset_imo_fam.png
141KB, 688x1024px
>>25722234
>>25722252
>>25722259
>>25722270
>Moves to Canterlot
>Magic related Talent
>Sun-style QTMark
>Never heard from/of again
>>
>>25720406
It's not canon until the staff says it can impact the show (or until we actually see it happen)
>>
File: 1449103304677.jpg (8KB, 349x237px) Image search: [Google]
1449103304677.jpg
8KB, 349x237px
>>25722288
>Sunburst is Sunset's brother
>>
>>25720406
WOAH
THIS SHIT IS COMPLETELY HALF N' HALF.

Man I expected an unanimous no-canon vote from 4chan.
>>
>>25722637
Apparently Half of 4chan is Retarded.
Who would have thought?
I didn't say which half.
>>
>>25722637
EQG faggotory's a cancer that has spread over the course of three movies and countless greens, m8.

Amazing how we went from >No hooves to this...
>>
>>25722654
Most agree SS is the only good thing about EG.
>>
File: News Paper vector.png (82KB, 631x564px) Image search: [Google]
News Paper vector.png
82KB, 631x564px
>>25722681
>>Most agree SS is the only good thing
>The individual main characters
>The Sirens
>The songs
>The potential for a series if done carefully
>>
>>25722724
She's still the BEST thing about EQG.
We can agree on that.
>>
>>25722724
Bullshit, anyone who likes EqG doesn't give a fuck about that
>>
File: 1425976178364.jpg (8KB, 216x250px) Image search: [Google]
1425976178364.jpg
8KB, 216x250px
>>25722816
I'd kinda like to see the premise adapted into a magical girl style show.
...And Sonata's pretty cute.
>>
File: 1441482164238.png (78KB, 224x191px) Image search: [Google]
1441482164238.png
78KB, 224x191px
>>25722806
>>25722816
Uuuummmm.....
Nah
>>
File: implying.gif (1MB, 480x204px) Image search: [Google]
implying.gif
1MB, 480x204px
>>25722724
>Sirens
>Good

>Potential for a generic highschool grils seetings done many times over.

>The songs
I can agree on that, Tricks up my Sleeve was better than all season 5 songs, excluding in Our Town.
>>
>It's a Hasbro official franchise tie-in with MLP.

>Meghan McCarthy said it's cannon herself, but it just doesn't have any effect on the tv show.

How much more cannon can it possibly be for you faggots?
>>
File: 24126369.jpg (100KB, 672x900px) Image search: [Google]
24126369.jpg
100KB, 672x900px
Daily reminder that Meghan doesn't work on the show and everything she says and has said is irrelevant. Oh and the end scene of EqG 3 has some issues with the show

>>25722724
All of those are shit, dunno why Sirens have gotten praise all of the sudden, they're boring, generic, and shit like everything in eqg
>>
>>25722912
If anything about it will be mentioned in FiM.
>>
>>25722915
>The end scene of EqG 3 has some issues with the show

Its no different than anything from ponyworld being mentioned in the EQGverse and is of little consequence to anything. At most, it was a slight spoiler for the finale
>>
>>25722953
>asks if they have time travel problems
>clearly after the resolution with starlight
>the spell was conveniently wrapped up at the end of the finale
>>
>>25722981
And mentioning this in the EQG-world has an impact on either....how?
>>
>>25722902
>>25722915
>Sirens
Became fuel for a general, not unlike the first EqG originally did with two before the movie even came out.

>>Potential for a generic highschool grils seetings done many times over
Hence the "if done carefully", it wouldn't be just generic highschool shit. I've seen a few speculations on the potentially interesting directions that they could take it if it became a series.
>>
>>25722987
It does not fit flush with the events of the finale
>>
>>25723054
They did have time travel problems in the finale, which came after EQG. It could have just been a spoiler for the finale (seeing that Starlight did have her caught in a time loop), but a point to continue into EQG4 at the same time (Twilight's next visit post S5 finale)
>>
>>25722637

Neo-/mlp/
It cant criticize the show or rate in under 4, neither read arguments to know which side is right
Look at the very few posters of the thread, lot of people just saw the poll and voted for what option they like, not the one that is right
>>
>>25723187
If the majority likes something.
Then that something suddenly becomes right.

Unless we're talking about morals or higher stuff.
>>
>>25720406
Why do I have to make a choice, OP?

I want to see Sunset and Starlight interact. Maybe have them butting heads as agents of S.M.I.L.E. or something.

Sunset could be the idealistic one who causes a shitload of collateral damage, Starlight could be ruthless and cold with a heart of gold.
>>
Flash Sentry is canon, therefore EQG is canon
>>
Looks like we're divided, we're on a 51-49%, non canon-canon.

I have to ask, would you still vote canon if it had no waifu material?
>>
>>25723466
Ya
>>
>>25723466
As a proud wearer of parcial OCD personality traits, I'd vote only to even the cake graphic.
>>
>>25722806
If this were Life is Strange, she'd fit in perfectly with the girls there
>>
>>25723466
50/50
We've reached equilibrium.
>>
>>25720425
this.

Our opinions don't factor into the equation. It's canon, end of story. Just because some autistic sperglords get restless legs over their waifus having magical high school girl adventures, doesn't mean it's not canon.
>>
File: Down the middle.png (447KB, 1081x423px) Image search: [Google]
Down the middle.png
447KB, 1081x423px
Oh lawd.
>>
>>25723732
Captain Murica v. Iron Bloke: Civil War of Justice leaked ending
>>
>>25720406
Here are your only canon episodes
>the pilot
>Call of the Cutie
>Cutiemark Chronicles
>Return of Harmony
>A Canterlot Wedding
>Crystal Empire
>Just for Sidekicks/Games Ponies play
>Magical Mystery Cure
>Princess Twilight Sparkle
>Key Episodes
>Equestria Games
>Twilight's Kingdom
>Cutie Map
>Crusaders of the Lost Mark
>Cutie Re-Mark
Everything else is non canon.
>>
>>25723884
You can't pick and choose canon dude.
Only then writers and creators can do that.
>>
>>25720406
There are only two reasons people vote non-canon no matter what they try to pretend their reasoning is.
>Flashlight
>No Hooves
That's it, but at least it is better than the reason for the comics (inb4 opinion discarded).
>I don't like it
>I don't know what retconing is.
>>
>>25723916
You're right. And they say everything from everywhere is canon until the facts in one medium are retconed but not that once one thing is contradicted everything is thrown out.
>>
>>25723884
So we're just going to forget that Lesson Zero started the Friendship Letters to Celestia the M5 were doing in that Season.

I dont think that entire episodes are not canon, but not all of them are gonna do some meta level character progression or show changes. They still happened, but its more like "A day in the life of X/Y/Z" than anything significant in the grand scheme of things.
>>
>>25720406
EqG is so bad I hope that it's not canon

Oh well it's not going to effects FiM universe and storyline anyway so I don't care
>>
>>25720864
But it won't ever be canon. even if there is an episode where Sunset walks through the portal into the friendship castle playset.
>>
>>25723466
Yes, because all evidence points to it being canon. The objections to it not being canon also disqualify a bunch of episodes.
>>
>>25724000
thanks for letting us know your opinion can be absolutely discarded

intothetrashitgoesmagicianman.png
>>
>>25720947
look logic. Completely ignored.
>>
>>25723466
>>25724003
I have to ask, what exactly is the argument for "It's Not Canon"?
Is there something about EQG that negates it from begin canonical material? Is there a story point that causes a conflict between the two narratives? Does anyone act out of character and break your suspension of disbelief?
Or do you just not like it and are being butthurt about? Cause I got news for you, that doesn't make it not canon. And sticking your fingers in your ears going 'lalalalala' is not an appropriate response.
>>
>>25724038
I'm starting to think EQG deniers are basically /pol/.
Cause they also like to pretend some event in the past didn't happen!
It's the holocaust.
>>
>>25724000
As much against EQG being canon as I am, if that happened or any of the EQG events or items were seen, mentioned in the show itself, then I'd have to agree that it would be canon at that point.

Episodes get off with being canon by default because of >>25723944 . Even if it doesn't do something that's referenced later down, it was still something that happened within the show.

Nothing that happened in the EQG movies carry over or even has any meaning in the show's frame. Same deal with comics. They're just two different instances of Extended Universe material that can be considered as supplements of what these characters do under certain circumstances or disregarded entirely.

Expecting Hasbro or any figurehead to say that X or Y is/is not canon is retarded. They don't want to make others think that their respective medias are not worth looking into from those who actually split hairs over these details.

All in all?
EQG ain't canon for me. It doesn't affect the show, doesn't affect its characters or universe.I dont have to watch EQG or read the comics to "keep up" with the happenings of FiM Nothing from EQG or the comics bleeds into FiM while both have to draw from the source, since they're BOTH EU/Spinoffs,
>>
File: 1447657022007.png (287KB, 673x567px) Image search: [Google]
1447657022007.png
287KB, 673x567px
>>25724050
To be honest, I know there are arguments to support the non canon thing, but I just do not like it: It doesnt make sense that the most powerful beings in a magical universe are put in a high school in a human world. It is a stupid concept made just because of the monster girls high school thing's success.
It is canon, but I just wish it wasnt, and I prefer to just ignore it
>>
>>25724150
Fair enough.
But just because you want it to be non canon, doesn't make it non canon.
>>
>>25724050
Because it's a spin-off. Its existence don't affect the main series storyline and it's its own thing in another universe, borrowing the characters from FiM.
It's as canon as the extended Star Wars cartoonsis from the 2 original Star Wars trilogies.

From wikipedia:

(...) it is usually meant to indicate a substantial change in narrative viewpoint and activity from that (previous) storyline based on the activities of the series' principal protagonist(s) (Twilight) and so is a shift to that action and overall narrative thread of some other protagonist(s), (Sunset) which now becomes the central or main thread (storyline) of the new sub-series. The new protagonist generally appears first as a minor or supporting character in the main story line within a given milieu, and it is very common for the previous protagonist to have a supporting or cameo role, at the least as a historical mention, in the new sub-series.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spin-off_(media)
>>
>>25720406
It's probably like MGS PoOps. It's temporary canon.
>>
File: poll.png (345KB, 462x359px) Image search: [Google]
poll.png
345KB, 462x359px
>>25720406
>Personally I don't care, but I'm not displeased with this outcome
>>
File: mspaintface advanced.png (156KB, 4359x3000px) Image search: [Google]
mspaintface advanced.png
156KB, 4359x3000px
>>25726963
>Ponies will suffer, of course, a phantom pain.
>>
>>25728109
Star, I'm already a demon
>>
File: Punished Sunset.png (181KB, 534x577px) Image search: [Google]
Punished Sunset.png
181KB, 534x577px
>>25728145
>>
I don't see why it shouldn't be canon. It wouldn't affect the show and adds a bit of lore with shimmer, the sirens, the mirror and an alternative equestria. So I don't get where the bitching comes from.
>>
>>25728327
Basically what I've gleaned is that the entire Non-Canon Faction of /mlp/ doesn't like Equestria Girls and have just unanimously decided to shut it out of their minds by any means necessary. And any thing that challenges that world view will cause them to scream "Non Canon!".
There are also sensible people who don't like Equestria Girls and just choose to ignore it, which is the reasonable response.
Thread posts: 150
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.