[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just finished watching the Season 5, and I really fucking enjoyed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: 36346356356.jpg (206KB, 800x449px) Image search: [Google]
36346356356.jpg
206KB, 800x449px
I just finished watching the Season 5, and I really fucking enjoyed it. What did /mlp/ think of it?
>>
>>25666363
I had a throbbing erection from the time Starlight Glimmer first used the spell to go back in time, all the way up until the credits.
>>
>>25666363
Exceedingly good, and the community agrees, probably highest ratings of all time.
>>
>>25666363
Some of the best episodes but overall fairly mediocre. But then the same was true for S2 and that seems to be the fandom favorite.
>>
>>25666858
The Animation was the best in the entire series so that's good.

I'd say it was slightly better than S2 and slightly worse than S4
>>
>>25666363
>Starlight's actually happy
>fan favorites in the group shot as well
>that long stare at the camera
This must have been done somewhat before they got the S6 greenlight. Feels like a closing of sorts with the way the episode faded out.

And S5 was overall pretty good. Sure there was the obligitory season stinker like Princess Spike, but overall pretty nice. Got a real background pony episode and plenty of new pones.
>>
>>25666941
>obligitory season stinker like Princess Spike
I'd say What About Discord was worse.
>>
>>25666952
At least the ending sorta salvaged WAD, PS was bleh all the way through.

Best one for me has to be the Premiere, Amending Fences, or SoL.
>>
>>25666964
>SoL
Opinion discarded.
>>
File: le ugly bartender faic.jpg (7KB, 236x211px) Image search: [Google]
le ugly bartender faic.jpg
7KB, 236x211px
>>25666363
>Season 5
>>
>>25666970
But Slice of Life was objectively good.
>>
>>25667002
except.
the episode had many inconsistencies

sweetie drops lied that the mane six defeated the bugbear (currently still free, with an ambiguous destination) and that, Is never showed as defeated, just let it out

the Eduard Jil's trololo dubstep

Kevin the changeling so that means that the queen chrysalis has escaped or is still alive

and others inconsistencies that I did not even discover.
>>
>>25667058
Just because Chrysalis is still alive doesn't make it an inconsistency.

Also I few errors here and there don't ruin an episode I definitely was unique and that's why I liked it.
>>
>>25667002
>overly drawn out "homage" to one particular previous pop culture reference of many
>cringe inducing "musical" sequence with dubstep dyke and cello cuntmuncher
>Bon Bon is suddenly a secret agent because reasons
>officially turning Time Turner into fucking Dr. Who
>lel so randum everywhere
It was objectively shit. The only reason it's liked here is because everyone seems to love sucking Larson's cock.
>>
>>25667058
Guessing you subscribe to the "All of X race is evil or good" philosophy.
>>
>>25667148
This is pretty interesting the last two arguments that I've over taste in the show have been from people who are absolutely inflammatory.

I don't know why something that other people like that you don't triggers you so much.

Also Larson is objectively the best writer that's why.
>>
It was alright alright alright
>>
>>25667376
You write like a fucking ponychanner. Are you lost by chance? Larson is generally good, but he also gave us MMC and even that was objectively better than the shitheap that was SoL.
>>
>>25667430
I don't go to Ponychan, just like I don't go to Reddit.

Yes I know MMC was awful but he's made up for it with everything he did before and after it.

> "but he also gave us MMC and even that was objectively better than the shitheap that was SoL."

What is Twilicorn?
>>
>>25666363
I really liked it too. The ending is somewhat debatable, but it didn't trigger me as much as it did to some other people. Although the S4 finale had the best action sequences of the whole show so far, this finale showed some really cool scenes too. I thought the comedy was also better than the former finale.
>>
>>25667490
>Twilicorn is bad
>Dr. Whooves isn't
Okay.
>>
File: wtfs.png (175KB, 290x323px) Image search: [Google]
wtfs.png
175KB, 290x323px
S05 in a nutshell for me.

Great episodes next to downdight insulting bad ones, and then the season finale puling a redemption out from it's ass to shit on what until that point was being a great finale.
>>
>>25667587
Still one of the better redemptions to be honest family. Trixie's, Sunset's, and DT's were abrupt as fuck. Only Gilda's really worked for me though.
>>
>>25666363
It was incredible. Loved it so much.
>>
>>25667555
Well I don't see Dr. Whooves in almost every episode and it doesn't effect the show's dynamic at all.

But at least we can agree that Twilicorn is the worst thing to ever happen to the show and fandom.
>>
>>25667684
>le wings ruined twilight maymay
It was her becoming a princess that changed the dynamic of the show, and that was always the direction it was going in anyway, wings or no wings.
>>
>>25666363
it was shit
>>
>>25667717
She didn't have to transform. She could have surpassed Celestia in a different way and I would actually be happy and satisfied with that.
>>
>>25667490
>>25667684
>>25667948
>still mad about the wings
Get the fuck over it already.
>>
>>25668018
Not until the wings are gone.
>>
>>25667587
>puling a redemption out from it's ass to shit on what until that point was being a great finale
Still more believable and better than Nightmare Moon's redemption. :^)

Seriously though, it was one of the better ones.
>>
>>25668050
Not till 2016.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.