[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Most people who are pissed with Starlight's turn to evil

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 19

Most people who are pissed with Starlight's turn to evil don't understand the devastation of a best friend who moves away.
>>
>>25591490
and said best friend suddenly stops giving a fuck about you
>>
>>25591490
>>25591502
I can attest to this. Or even just being abandoned by someone you cared about--be it friend or spouse.
That shit REALLY hurts.
>>
>>25591490
>expecting kissless,friendless NEET assholes to understand the pain of losing someone who makes your life a little less shit
Was this thread even needed to relay this?
>>
>>25591490
Said "best" friend didn't look too invested. In fact he couldn't be bothered to talk to the individual who is supposed to be the best friend of the equation. That just makes Starlight look even more pathetic, wrecking a whole world due to behaving like a moronic brat. Reminded me of Mabel from Gravity Falls.
>>
File: e45.png (1MB, 680x499px) Image search: [Google]
e45.png
1MB, 680x499px
>>25591588
>Said "best" friend didn't look too invested. In fact he couldn't be bothered to talk to the individual who is supposed to be the best friend of the equation.

That's the whole fucking point you idiot.
>>
>>25591490
>lose best friend
>get over it because im young and still social as fuck
>lose another best friend during teen years
>stop becoming attached to people altogether in any significant way
>plan to die alone with my pets
i supposed i went the moondancer path rather than the starlight path, with a tough of zoophillia.
>>
>>25591556
its still hard for me to make friends because of this.
>>
File: 1416017043024.jpg (34KB, 604x397px) Image search: [Google]
1416017043024.jpg
34KB, 604x397px
>>25591490
I've had a best friend move away, I didn't dedicate my entire life to making everyone elses life shit
I just locked myself in my basement and never made another friend for the next 13 or so years of my life
>>
She caused multiple genocides because she couldn't go to a social event. She was happy about it. I bet the friend was happy to get away from her.
>>
>>25591878
It's hard for me to make friends, let alone keep them. It's really hard for someone who has basically nothing but bare necessities (and barely having those, at that.)
>>
File: medium.gif (637KB, 300x331px) Image search: [Google]
medium.gif
637KB, 300x331px
>>25591490
I've felt that multiple times and I still think Twilight should've sent a sun-hot beam through her bitch face and blasted her straight into hell where she belongs.
>>
>>25591490
Those pig tails were fucking fantastic
>>
Starlight even said that she did these things because Twilight ruined her village.
She did the village because of her friends, not the time stuff.

As usually you people are to stupid to listen.
>>
File: bradying.jpg (62KB, 513x471px) Image search: [Google]
bradying.jpg
62KB, 513x471px
>>25591490
>tfw the last time I saw any of my childhood friends was 6 years ago.
>>
File: shiggy.png (43KB, 502x284px) Image search: [Google]
shiggy.png
43KB, 502x284px
>>25592009
>to stupid to listen
>>
>>25591490
I'm not pissed with her turn to evil. It was her turn from evil after Twilight's half-assed speech that went explicitly against the actions that very same Twilight committed with Moondancer, an event which Starlight witnessed herself that was bullshit.

Her motivations are understangable. It was her instant dismissal of hr own regime which she hss spent years dwelling on after hearing Twilight ramble on about shit she can't even do herself.
>>
>>25591948

Yeah, THAT'S some moral to send to the kids. "Hey kids! Kill everyone who tries to wrong you! Friendship is magic!!"
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 256x325px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 256x325px
>>25591490
Two of my childhood best friends moved away and I moved on.
I mean sure, I was sad for a while, but I made new friends and shit. It's bad, but not THAT bad.
>>
File: 1448687263208.gif (2MB, 200x174px) Image search: [Google]
1448687263208.gif
2MB, 200x174px
>>25591490
It goes without saying, although I've never really allowed myself to have friends since my childhood pal turned out to be a complete jackass who was only my friend because our parents were drinking buddies.
Aligning your fate with the many leaves you open for failure. You're better off going solo.
>>
>>25592009
this
much of the criticism stemmed from mistakenly attributing Starlight's current actions, which developed over the course of 4 episodes, directly to her story
>>
I honestly don't see the point in having friends. I never had any in school, don't know why, I never spoke to anyone in high school, and they didn;t speak to me and I'm doing alright. Really, I know I'm on the /mlp/ board, but friendship really is overrated.
>>
>>25591894
That's exactly what she did anon. She locked herself away and then studied magic. But then she discovered her talent for magic, and developed the Unmarking spell. She used that to create Our Town where she was happy for once in her life. Where everyone was her friend. Where no one was better than anyone else.

Then Twilight and her friends took that away from her too.
>>
>>25592009
But Twilight even said that said moment led to the time traveling moments.
>>
>>25591490
>be me
>Grew up with family
>Has father with line of work that forces us to move ALLOT.
>Never could keep friends because every year or two we move. Sometimes even to other countries.
>Every time you think you make a 'best friend' you move.
>young long before phones were in every childs hand like today, long before email and internet were popular.
>Lost contact with almost every friend ever made.
>Only good thing out of traveling is you see the world for what it is and all the slime that comes with it.
>Learn friends are overratted.

Yeah the feelings are there.
>>
>>25592069
Kill those who try to destroy the world. And Starlight wanted the world's destruction.

It doesn't fucking matter why. I'm sure Hitler had some pretty good reasons to do the things he did, too.
>>
>>25592227
You glazed over the point where she brainwashed ponies to be her slaves.
>>
File: that-feel-pc.jpg (51KB, 648x595px) Image search: [Google]
that-feel-pc.jpg
51KB, 648x595px
>>25591490
I know that feel. 15 years ago my best friend and his sister moved away without telling me. One day I'm hanging out with them, the next day - they're gone. They left nothing, no contacts. It still hurts.
>>
>>25591490
I do understand, but she's still a shit for reacting like that. My only fucking friend moved away in middle school, but did I hold a grudge? No, I moved on. Life is more than just friendships. I focused on my classes and got good grades. If your happiness revolves around other people and not being happy with yourself, then friendship becomes just a cheap knockoff of that happiness.
>>
>>25591490
I do perfectly understand and my situation was even worse.
And i say, her behavior and reasoning is ridiculously stupid.
Literally worst villain in FiM.
>>
File: sad robot.jpg (6KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
sad robot.jpg
6KB, 480x360px
>>25591490
>Tfw raised in small country town
>Move to other parent's house in city
>Lose contact with people in the country
>Visit every so often
>Run into good childhood friend
>They don't recognize you
>>
I didn't even have any childhood friends.
>>
File: akinator doubts of your shit.png (95KB, 285x478px) Image search: [Google]
akinator doubts of your shit.png
95KB, 285x478px
>Most people who are pissed with Starlight's turn to evil don't understand the devastation of a best friend who moves away

>that feel when i had 2 best friends
>we got to different schools
>we lost all contact other than facebook
>last message was over 4 years ago
>last time we all were together was over 12 years ago
>feels bad but i got over it quickly
>mfw anons are crying for people that, deep inside, they KNEW dont lie to yourself, you know you did from the beginning they'll never see each other ever again
>>
>>25591490
No, I know it, I know it too well. It sucks, but you get over it and you make new friends.

I can see how if she never made a friend after that and had something easy to blame, how it would eat at her though. It was a very real thing, taken to an extreme that just isn't replicatable in the real world.
>>
File: 1428955895428.jpg (8KB, 250x230px) Image search: [Google]
1428955895428.jpg
8KB, 250x230px
>>25593593
>childhood best friend moves away
>comes back after 6 years later
>doesn't remember me
I even named my brother after him
>>
>>25593970
>I even named my brother after him
ya wot
>>
>>25593970
>I even named my brother after him
so....you fucked your mom? thats fucked up anon
>>
File: 7oxr0XM.jpg (11KB, 277x329px) Image search: [Google]
7oxr0XM.jpg
11KB, 277x329px
>>25591490
>Most people who are pissed with Starlight's turn to evil don't understand the devastation of a best friend who moves away
i don't even understand what it's like to have friends.
>>
>>25593130
>Kill those who try to destroy the world
well that's kinda soulless from you
>>
>>25593974
>>25593990
I suggested that my parents should give my brother the same name
>>
>>25591490
I don't think this explanation for her behavior really meshes well with her extreme desire for social equality.
>>
File: king feelson.jpg (41KB, 252x338px) Image search: [Google]
king feelson.jpg
41KB, 252x338px
>>25591490
>Be prepared to type a smug, self satisfied post about how the only friend I had that moved away was kind of a dropkick anyway, so nothing of value was lost.
>Suddenly remember I mate that I had since primary school that moved away 2 years into high school.

You win this round /mlp/
>>
>>25591490
I lost a friend I knew, like, since 5, a few years ago and it didn't bother me at all. I contact with many, many same people daily. I can't call them friends. Frankly, they piss me off often. But they are useful. At this point I don't even know why would I need a friend, at the end of the day I want as few people around me as possible.
TL; dr, Glimmer was childish as fuck.
>>
>>25592189
Wow you really are a sad personn bro.
>>
>>25594105
To be precise I have around 140 acquaintances. Go figure.
>>
>>25594018
Twilight tried basically everything else at this point. When the bitch was about to tear the scoll I would have just blasted her face, couldn't risk the fate of all of Equestria because of one pony's friendship problem.
>>
>>25594140
and there's no need to be a giant douche and literally take someone's life because you don't want to bother helping someone else out with problems they can't solve by themselves
>>
>>25594012
It's easy to start, just make a friend!
>>
>>25594188
What's one life compared to all of Equestria?
>>
>>25591490
I understand it. I literally had a girl next door friend through late elementary, she was the only person I ever actively went to visit at her house. We played board games and she'd talk about how she had a crush on my Mormon friend. Then she had to move away.

After that it was always just either being a loner or someones 5th wheel friend who they ignored once their real friends showed up. Ate alone all of high school and am still mostly a shut in with nothing really going for me.

Fuck, always wonder if I could have been a normie like everyone else if fate let me keep my one real best friend.
>>
Fact of the matter is:
She's made up to be a mentally unstable pony with a massive power creep. If you can't get over a friend's success and/or them moving on, even if it means leaving you behind, you shouldn't resort to doing shit any decent person would immediately see as a red flag. Twilight has her nutty moments, as do others, but Starlight's goes a lot further off the deep end.

The lesson to be learned is:
Mental instabilities shown in My Little pony: Friendship is Magic should not be treated in the same manner in real life. Showing compassion and having open arms to the mentally unstable will not always be the answer to every single problem, no matter how optimistic you are about it.
>>
>>25592228
Yes, because the seemingly small action of Starlight losing that friend caused her to go crazy and create Our Town and then be stopped by Twilight.

Butterfly effect; that single small event started the chain of events to lead them there.
>>
>>25594252
You can't estimate a life's worth
I wouldn't say its not a reasonable thing to take extreme measures in cases that seem like an imminent dead end, but the case on discussion had more reasonable alternatives
>>
>>25593830
Assuming that you're at least 18, if the last time you spoke was 4 years ago then you would have been at least 14; of course you'd be over it at that age. Starlight was a kid, probably something like 8 years old, who had no friends and no contact with her old friend at all.
>>
>>25594275
not everyone can solve everyone of their personal problems by themselves
you dont rehabilitate yourself into society, and starlight didnt really seem to have anyone to help her out back then as far as we know
>>
>>25591587
Did you ever consider that this might be the reason some of them became kissless, friendless (and optionally NEET) assholes?
>>
>>25591502
Sort of like when Twi left Canterlot for Ponyville and abandoned Moondancer.
>>
>>25594586
Exactly like that.
>>
>>25594586
>mfw Moondancer is Starlight

Name one time they were seen together. YOU CAN'T MOTHERFUCKERS.
>>
>>25594476
Yeah, but that's because of hand-waving and lazy writing, wanting to 'get things over with', just like every other time the writers take on a 'nutty character' episode.
>>
>>25594635
>tfw they're 100% correct
fuck
having to fit shit in to the two episodes and seeing part 2 being rushed isn't that hard, actually.
>>
>>25594634
The one where Starlight was hiding behind a menu?
>>
>>25594634
The beginning of this episode?
>>
File: 1448008114019.png (608KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1448008114019.png
608KB, 499x499px
>>25591490

>tfw he didn't even move away, just got a gf who replaced me
>tfw we're still on good terms but he just doesn't need me anymore
>>
Twilight should've gone back in time and prevented Starlight's friend from getting his cutie mark at that moment.
>>
>>25594681
You mean when she used the Split Soul spell.

>>25594809
Do you enjoy lying? Because lying and lynch are both five letters, start with ly, and have an N in there.
>>
File: 1423517839726.jpg (32KB, 653x490px) Image search: [Google]
1423517839726.jpg
32KB, 653x490px
>>25591490
I can relate to this feel in some way.
But It's me who moved away, sometimes it feels like they don't care.
>>
>mfw moved away from different schools and cities and then country during muh childhood because paren't job
>lost contact with a bunch of friends every time

w-what if I accidentally did this?
>>
File: image.png (150KB, 511x491px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
150KB, 511x491px
>>25591490
Thank you for having sense, OP.
>>
>>25594634
Name one time you and Chris-chan were seen together.
>>
>>25591490
Hmm. You're right. But I'm not a friendly person anyway.
>>
>>25591948
Self-loathing much, anon?
>>
>>25591490
I don't really know that feel, since I've never had a best friend. In fact, none of my "friends" when I was a kid even cared about me. There were only two people I legitimately cared about and they never really gave a fuck about me. I wasn't completely alone, I did talk to people and some of them used to even come to my house and I went to theirs, but it was never anything deeper than that. I've never had anyone I could really trust. I've never had a "real" friend.

And to the surprise of no one, I am now an extremely bitter and cynical fuck who hates everything and everyone and fantasizes about having godlike powers in order to rule the entire fucking universe, so I certainly understand what Starlight has been through to some extent. I'm not even kidding about all that, sadly.
>>
They shouldn't have even bothered touching on her backstory. Obviously something happened, we don't need to know specifics. Showing Glimmer the world where everything is destroyed would be enough to kick start her questioning things regardless.

Save the backstory for a full fledged episode and tweak the idea of cutiemarks, even if rare, being something that causes disorder for a group of friends. You wouldn't need time travel since it'd be flashbacks. Hell they could use Zecoras horse jizz in a bottle if they wanted Twilight to see it first hand.

I liked the alternate time lines and had fun with the finale. Like other things that I feel could have been done better it still gives me enjoyment and I'm content. I do feel that when Starlight went back to the village the other ponies should have all just had a look of distrust. Showing Starlight isn't just going to be accepted with open hooves from those she's wronged so easily.
>>
>>25591502
I hope that boy becomes a loser and gets beaten up a lot when he becomes an adult.
>>
>>25591898
>She caused multiple genocides because she couldn't go to a social event.
/pol/ in a world with magic
>>
>>25595666
Satan confirms
>>
I think it would have been better to have her gain her cutie mark and lose touch with her friend as a result (like, Starlight was invited to the party but was too busy being Magic Horse, and afterward they lost touch). It'd make her whole schtick feel like she was actually trying to save others from getting caught up in their own worlds like she did.

As it was done, Starlight just comes across as really petty and completely unable to let go of a grudge over something small. Even if she'd been invited to the party, someone might have spilled a drink on her, and then she'd be trying to destroy Equestria's agriculture. Why? Because fuck that guy who spilled fruit punch on me that one time when I was ten years old, that's fucking why!
>>
>>25591490
>implying /mlp/ has ever had friends
>>
>>25595666
the Mane 6 is the chosen people.
>>
>>25593055
I never understood how people that need to move a lot due to work start families just like that. What, do they think humans are like oxes?
>>
>>25591490
It would have helpedif they didn't state that they were best friends as if they were really close--as opposed to her only friend, more accurately-only for him to immediately sprint out the building without a second thought.

It was one thing to make her backstory a rehash of Moondancer, which was a rehash of Shimmer, but it was another to shove it in at the end in a rushed manner.
>>
>>25595761
I think Starlight being petty was the point though. She WAS just sending Twilight through that loop just for the sole purpose of torturing her. No rational person would do something like that especially with the off chance that Twilight succeeded some how.

As for the whole 'lele she destroyed the world because her BF' that is completely false. She said she was getting revenge on Twilight because of her ruining her village, that was just the reason why she started to take on her equalist ideology. Also she did not know she was destroying the world by fucking Twilight and her friends. And yes, she should have known they were important BUT as Twilight explains in her lecture she'd have to acknowledge the existence of 'cutie mark magic' and shit. Additionally the mane 6 embodied everything she hated: unique ponies made important only because of their ass tattoos. She refused to believe they were important, but when she saw how they were her ideology began to crack.

Again, Starlight was not thinking rationally at all. Revenge is driven by emotion anyway. I still think they needed another minute or two of Starlight and Twilight arguing over their viewpoints but overall it's nowhere near as shit as people try to say it is.
>>
File: CLAPPING INTENSIFIES.jpg (1MB, 1491x1053px) Image search: [Google]
CLAPPING INTENSIFIES.jpg
1MB, 1491x1053px
>>25591556
Abandonment sucks.

However that isn't an excuse to be a shit.

If anything it should be motivation to be better than everyone else, and then lead them under your watchful staff. You, who were not wanted, who is not willing to do the same to anyone, and accepts all persons who follow him.

Then again, there is a great potential for evil as well, so it really depends on the kind of person you are.

But never let your issues be excuses, let them be motivations.
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.