[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should she return as show story editor while Meghan is working

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 10

Should she return as show story editor while Meghan is working on the MLP movie?
>>
>>25559370
http://youtu.be/ztVMib1T4T4
>>
>>25559370
no
>>
File: let it end let it all end.gif (4MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
let it end let it all end.gif
4MB, 480x360px
>>25559370
As much as I love her, I wouldn't want her to be dragged back into what this show has become, and I DEFINITELY wouldn't want her to deal with what the fucking fandom has become.
>>
>>25559370
Either they bring her back permanently or they let Meghan crash the series **with no survivors!**
>>
Or y'know they could bring her back and ret-con all of Meghan'so work.
>>
>>25559417
Someone needs to add the treebrary destruction to this.
>>
>>25559370
No. She's too unwilling to collaborate and compromise. I'm pretty sure the only reason she's working with the TFH people is because they're willing to give her total creative control over it.
>>
File: 254[1].jpg (76KB, 480x832px) Image search: [Google]
254[1].jpg
76KB, 480x832px
>>25559427
She's a big girl.
>>
File: books.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
books.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>25559444
>>
>>25559471
>She's too unwilling to collaborate and compromise.
You say that like it's a BAD thing.

Shining Armor and Candyass were the result of "compromise".
>>
File: twin peaks spoilers.png (233KB, 400x298px) Image search: [Google]
twin peaks spoilers.png
233KB, 400x298px
>>25559370

>David Lynch had creative differences with ABC/Mark Frost
>leaves the show after revealing the big mystery
>returns to write/direct the final episode
>Lynch settles his beef and agrees to make another season 25 years after the show ended
>tfw Lauren Faust will NEVER return to MLP
>>
>>25559515
Only plebs dislike Fire Walk With Me.

That film is Twin Peaks at its purest, none of that soap opera bullshit that ruined season 2.
>>
>>25559389
Seconded.
>>
>>25559370
There is no point. DHX has already killed her creations and has been raping them since S2.

Don't get me wrong. The writers on the show are great... at writing dialogue. But they have no respect for the canon, despite the fact that it was the SETTING that initially caused the show to explode.
>>
>>25559602
>it was the SETTING that initially caused the show to explode
It was a whole lot of things that caused the show to "explode". Don't be a dipshit.
>>
>>25559370
>>25559568
Agreed. Except I'll add that I think Lauren gets too much credit. She's not the infallible Fausticorn.
>>
>>25559627
What caused it to explode here specifically was the animation. The veritable bounty of faces for reaction images was a gold mine.
>>
>>25559688
>I think Lauren gets too much credit
Yeah, you and all of the other new blood.

>>25559707
It was, and I'm repeating myself here, a lot of things. The animation was above-average for Flash, the voice actors were fucking excellent and also had some name-rec pull from the old CN days, the songs and background music were, and for the most part still are, fucking outstanding, and the whole team just worked together to put out something nobody was expecting: a GOOD show for little girls.

However, from your mention of memefaces, I get the distinct sense that you aren't talking about the show exploding, but rather the fandom. In which case, fuck the fuck off, you flaming fan-of-the-fandom faggot.
>>
>>25559627
Without the vibrant, unique setting, it wouldn't have had the power for escapism that it does. It would have just been another good cartoon, nothing special.

Most threads on here have nothing to do with the actual show. The actual episodes get the same amount of discussion as any other cartoon, which is jack shit.
>>
>>25559737
Without the talented voice actresses, nobody would have given a shit about the characters. Without the decent animation, people would have written it off as another shit Flash cartoon. Without the music, the story wouldn't have pulled the viewer in so completely and totally.

The setting was good, and was very important. I'm not denying that. Just objecting to a gross oversimplification of the sort that always stirs the shitpot up but good.
>>
>>25559370
>Lauren return as story editor
She never was story editor before, what makes you think she's good at it?
Besides, Meghan's done with writing the movie which is why Larson was story editor for the first half of season 5. The situation you're proposing already happened with someone else.
>>
>>25559417
>into what this show has become

>Slice of Life, Crusaders of the Lost Mark, Amending Fences, Scaremaster, Rarity Investigates
So...something amazing?
>>
>>25559602
>The writers on the show are great... at writing dialogue
They're fucking shit. It's the most forced, illiterate and uneloquent dialogue I've seen in my life. I've seen better from saturday morning cartoons in the 90s.
>>
>>25560462
>Slice of Life
>Crusaders of the Lost Mark
>amazing
You are certainly entitled to your opinion, just as I am entitled to MY opinion, which is that your opinion is shit, as is your taste.
>>
>>25560518
I never cared for the "meme sides" of the franchise much when I watched it, but it was genuinely entertaining and something new.
As for CMC, I always liked Diamond Tiara, and it was a great episode for her, where she finally got to show more than just the surface.
Getting their cutie marks was only a nice little topping.
>>
>>25559370
Nobody is going to hire her to do shit for awhile. She just walked on another project.
>>
>>25559370
She would just quit again.

>muh creative expreshun
>>
File: opinion.jpg (67KB, 441x705px) Image search: [Google]
opinion.jpg
67KB, 441x705px
>>25560462
>Pandering: The Episode
>Magical Mystery Cure 2: Electric Scootaloo
>amazing
>>
File: 1367376347778.gif (3KB, 210x210px) Image search: [Google]
1367376347778.gif
3KB, 210x210px
>>25560746
>Magical Mystery Cure 2: Electric Scootaloo
How long have you been waiting to use this?
>>
>>25560486
Lol, you obviously haven't watched a lot of cartoons.
>>
File: vlcsnap-00013.png (339KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-00013.png
339KB, 720x480px
>>25559602
>fan of the fandom
Just get out
>>
>>25559370
No. Fuck her.
>>
>>25559515
>>Lynch settles his beef and agrees to make another season 25 years after the show ended

Didn't that all fall apart a week after it was announced, though?
>>
File: fak_u_chickun.png (168KB, 1149x894px) Image search: [Google]
fak_u_chickun.png
168KB, 1149x894px
>>25561747
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.