[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you feel if there was evidence that Spike was close

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

How would you feel if there was evidence that Spike was close to Twilight's parents?
>>
>>25320733
Spike and Twilight's parents should really be a bigger thing in the fandom. Most of the stuff with him in normally includes Twilight in some form or another.
>>
>>25320747
They are the only ones who have names and appear the most often in the show, why we don't learn more about them is beyond me?
>>
I want an episode where Spike and Twilight visit their parents.
>>
>>25321599
Twilight already has a mother figure (who Faust said raised Spike in her mind). And two big sibling figures. And maybe an aunt figure. Point is, it's not enough to cast two new voices.
>>
>>25320733
That would actually be kind of nice.
>>25321649
But what if there were new toys to go along with it?
>>
>>25321960
They wouldn't sell
>>
>>25320733
I'd feel like it'd make perfect fucking sense and it seems a shame why they haven't covered it yet.
>>
>>25320733
I could see it as them treating Spike as their de facto grandchild, at least until cadence pops
>>
>>25321980
Writers haven't thought about it or realized that the fans wanted to have this set in stone.
>>
>>25322074
Isn't TS an older sister to Spike?
>>
>>25322239
Mostly that and as a guardian. I never did see her much as a mother.
>>
>>25322274
I am just saying that is what the writers think of them.
>>
>>25322086
Or "the comic book covered it"
>>25322274
How could she? She's basically a child.
>>25322333
Better than "the dumb little boy" or "the token non-pony".
>>
File: Worst Character.png (74KB, 400x576px) Image search: [Google]
Worst Character.png
74KB, 400x576px
>>25320733
I'd love to see the parents featured, I think their absence is one of the stupidest failures of the show.

But leave Spike at home. In fact, just write him out of the show.
>>
>>25320733
What's strange is that all of the staff save for Larson considers Spike like a little brother. Larson only considers Spike a friend of Twilight's, and when he lived with her in Canterlot he was just an assistant to her.
>>
>>25322355
The comics haven't covered this.
>>
>>25322364
Even Larson is probably aware that fans think and wish for things to be differently, he seems rather willing to appease fans who want Spike and Twilight to be family.
>>
>>25322367
I'm just saying the comics gave Twil's parents characterization
>>
>>25322475
Oh, was it bad? Did they really claim her mother wrote Daring Do?
>>
>>25320733
This picture is cute.
>>
>>25322536
I don't know if it's the general art style or not, but Twilicorn looks stranger than usual. Like, even more of a race traitor.
>>
>>25322483
Yes
>>
>>25322355
in that case all the clop we have of Twiley counts as loli.
>>
development with Twimom in the show would be complicated since she already has Cellie. Its a thirty minute show. Not enough time.

Want some real drama? Figure out if Fluttershy's parents abandoned her when she fell out of the clouds. That would explain a lot.
>>
>>25322716
We have seen her back in MMC. We can easily make them fun characters as well.
>>
>>25322716
What if she's an orphan or something?
>>25322657
That didn't become more obvious after EqG? ^:)
>>
>>25320733
They will hopefully appear next season when their grandchild is born.

I kind of want them to be bragging about their kids nonstop to everyone around and annoying them in the process.

But the idea of the Sparkles raising Spike is pants-on-head retarded and makes no sense. Pony society knows virtually nothing about dragons so letting a normal (at the time) unicorn family take home a creature with unknown abilities and destructive power is dumb. The idea that he grew up in the castle with servants watching over him makes way more sense and it's what Lauren and Larson envisioned. It also makes Twilight's and Spike's bond better by making them start out as cordial work acquaintances prior to the show to practically family by the time she's a princess.

>>25322874
If she is an orphan, then it would be a pretty cool story if her brother (who's going to be in S6) is a long-lost brother that she never knew about and he just shows up at her house out of the blue.

>>25322629
No. In the background they implied she was a writer and had a Daring Do award. It doesn't mean she's the author of the series, Daring Do could be like the Lewis Carroll awards.
>>
>>25322874
She still could have been a 20 year old posing as a 16 year old.
>>
>>25323072
It is depressing because this is a child denied a childhood or a family.
>>
>>25323098
At the very least, a childhood or a family not surrounded by horsie freaks.
>>
>>25323118
Nononono, I'm not talking biological. I'm saying he has no one who wants the best for him or actively cares for him outside of his employer?

That's fucked up for anyone, especially a child.
>>
>>25323072
Never said he was directly raised by them only that he was close to them.
>>
>>25323072
Twilight shouldn´t have been raised by her parents, since she showed unknown destructive power by making an egg hatch into an adult sized baby dragon
>>
>>25323212
Who said she was? She's displayed more signs of respect and adoration to Celestia than her own parents.
>>
>>25323072
I'd like to believe that at some point Spike was close to her.

Why not have it be clear that Spike had a pretty strong bond with the Twilight family and that was what lead Celestia to believe that Spike deserved to be Twilight's assistant?
>>
>>25323212
Twilight makes more sense as an orphan DESU
>>
>>25323451
>wordfilter
>>
>>25323319
I like this idea.
>>
>>25323319
this could work too and would still have him basically being Twilight's brother.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.