[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /m/ hate Code Geass like they do Gundams Seed and IBO, Macross

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5

File: code-geass-r.jpg (595KB, 1400x949px) Image search: [Google]
code-geass-r.jpg
595KB, 1400x949px
Does /m/ hate Code Geass like they do Gundams Seed and IBO, Macross Frontier and Gurren Lagann?
>>
I liked it awhile back
I got into art recently so now it's kinda hard to watch without being autistic about proportions

The mechs are sweet
>>
I'm hype for the return of Lelouch. Been a big fan of this series because of the politics and strategy, but one of the most interesting aspects for me is that the Gawain and the Shinkiro have keyboard controls. Has any other show tried that?
>>
>>15868425
Yes. Even shitpost on /a/ about it every other day, going on and on about how shit it is, how shit they are for liking it and how much better it would be if we all watched ZZ instead.
>>
I want more table humping. That's quality /m/ right there amiright/m/en?
>>
>>15868495
>the Gawain and the Shinkiro have keyboard controls. Has any other show tried that?
I can't think of any off the top of my head but Macross 7 had Basara flying his VF-19 with a fucking guitar so I'm sure there's other shows with keyboard controlled mecha.
>>
>>15868425
>Macross Frontier
Do people actually hate it? I think It's the second best Macross series, right after SDF.
>>
File: 1458539138991.png (295KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1458539138991.png
295KB, 500x375px
>>15868495
>because of the politics and strategy
I just recently watched Code Geass S1, S2 and Akito and the strategies and politics seems really babby tier.

You should watch LOGH. Now that shit has some real politics and strategies.
>>
File: Can I keep it.jpg (117KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Can I keep it.jpg
117KB, 1280x720px
>>15868536
Isn't the thing Eru made for himself in Knights and Magic controlled by a a keyboard as well?
>>
>>15868425
I hate everything, so I guess.

>>15868433
I thought being an artcuck would possibly make you less autistic about things needing to conform?
>>
>>15868544
The joke is we hate everything
>>
>>15868425
Code Geass at least gets so stupid that it turns around and becomes enjoyable.
>>
>>15868696
It just made me pissed off and judgmental towards anyone who liked it.
>>
Just cause I hate SEED and IBO doesn't mean I hate Frontier or GL. I enjoy those series.
Geass is just okay imo.
>>
>>15868550
>watch

Filthy OVA secondary pls.
>>
>>15868425
Eh, I thought Geass was okay. Overrated, especially R2, but not the worst thing we've seen before or since. I did like some of the mecha designs and battles, but a lot of them weren't too interesting. SEED I could never get into. IBO had a weird ending, but I was enjoying it before that point.
>>
>>15868550
LOGH is cool but they're really different genres. Even Gundam looks kind of childish compared to LOGH most of the time.
>>
>>15868425
I really liked the mech progression of the show.
I think it is highly overrated.
I haven't seen any other show where there was never "the best" pilot or mech, it was changing constantly and you can see the experimental features on the newer mechs be applied to the older models later on.
Every mech was ever evolving it just kept going. this seems very believable to me.

Fuck not even the protagonist or the supporting characters were the best pilots, Gino was and you barely know much about him.

I liked how everything changed and there wasn't any "hurr durr imma super best pilooot" or 'i will win because my mech is always 2000% superior to yours at every episode'
>>
>>15868425
Yes
>>
>>15872072
>Fuck not even the protagonist or the supporting characters were the best pilots, Gino was
Wasn't he voiced by Jesus anyway?
>>
>>15868425
Started off strong but got really stupid for the end of R1 and most for R2. Making every mech fly also really took away from the fights to the point the only battle that I enjoyed in R2 was Suzaku and Kallen's last fight.
>>
I can't bear to watch it because of the horrible, horrible artstyle
>>
>>15868425
I'm a big fan of R1 and the franchise as a whole. I really dig the setting and mechs and the geass powers aren't anymore annoying than newtype bullshit. I think R2 was a train wreck though, albeit a fun one.
>>
code geass is so bad it's impossible to defend. only thing it has going for it are akiman mechanical designs
>>
>>15872322
Nah, Geass is pretty easy to defend compared to a fair number of shows, especially newer ones but also some older stuff. There's way worse out there. I think people just get overreactive in both directions. (OH IT'S THE BEST, OH IT'S THE WORST).
>>
>>15872306
R2 definitely felt like one, at times, yet I liked it more on rewatch when it was easier to understand why things happened in certain ways. Even the Geass related content.

>>15872266
I liked a couple of other fights in R2, mostly early on and I guess during the second Tokyo battle.
>>
>>15868692
It's funny because it's true.
>>
>>15868544
>I think It's the second best Macross series, right after SDF.
That's some fucking shit taste you got there
>>
>>15872072
>Fuck not even the protagonist or the supporting characters were the best pilots, Gino was and you barely know much about him.
Are you fucking stupid?
>>
>>15872329
>Geass is pretty easy to defend compared to a fair number of shows,
No its not. I mean for fuck sake its a Okouchi show
>>
>>15868425
A while back you could not even post anything Code Geass related here without getting shitposted to death. While we still hated SEED and tolerated Frontier there was still discussion about them we loved TTGL before it became "cool" to hate it and IBO was just bad to the point that the only reason why it even got discussion was because of one autist spamming threads but not Code Geass which can be largely blamed on /a/ spamming it everywhere. Things got a lot better though and we even got a steady stream of threads thanks to the new material being released (Akito, Oz, etc.) but a tripfaggit essentially wanted to make it geass general which fell flat on its face but outside that /m/ is a lot more critical of this show than /a/ for obvious reasons being that its not very good in fact if it was airing today this site would rip it to shreds but it came out when "board culture" was a new thing so people who came to 4chan from 2005 to 2010 remember how fun threads about it were (on /a/) so they have fond memories of it despite the show not being good (/m/ does the exact same shit with 00) but unfortunately some posters didn't catch the memo and actually think the show is so well written masterpiece and all its lapses in writing and plot holes were intentional and feel the need to defend every aspect of it to an annoying degree so /m/'s critical nature in regards to it stark a good balance.
>>
>>15872568
>le Okouchi trainwreck maymay

I don't want to hear it from a board that unironically worships Cross Ange.
>>
>>15872600
>worships Cross Ange

You mean the few shiteating waifufags here? Most people thought it was complete shit if you're going to hark /m/ on something how about your point out the fact that we have Symphogear generals 24/7. That being said Okouchi is shit writer.
>>
I've never been able to get into it. I've tried to watch it a few times, but I always lose interest before I even finish the first season.
>>
>>15868495
Gundam Seed. Normals couldn't use mobile suits since at first since the controls were too complicated at the time
>>
>>15872600
>Show is constantly shitposted
>Worships

Honestly I can't think of single show on /m/ that doesn't get shit posted to oblivion. And even if you found one, people would shit post into oblivion to conform with the psuedo contrarianism /m/ has going on.

If you were to pick a show no one on /m/ has seen or talked about and went
>Say Srungle isn't half bad
the rest of the thread would be
>SRUNGLE IS SHIT I SAY SHIT!
>What is Srungle?
>IT'S SHIT! THAT'S WHAT IT IS!
>>
File: 1500857656619.png (528KB, 387x720px) Image search: [Google]
1500857656619.png
528KB, 387x720px
>>15868495
>politics and strategy
>Code Geass
>>
>>15872656
>Honestly I can't think of single show on /m/ that doesn't get shit posted to oblivion.
Fafner Exodus. Doesn't really go beyond the "hurr Hirai face" meme

>Srungle

That show isn't very good to begin with. Great opening song but the mecha designs are legit ugly as sin
>>
>>15868425
It'a delightful technicolor romp through a countryside of drama.

Not perfect by any means but anybody who was bored by it has no soul.
>>
>>15872568
And? It's easily in the top three shows made by Okouchi. Even he's made worse stuff than Geass and the overall state of the mecha industry isn't exactly shining perfection. Never has been and never will be.
>>
>>15872577
Frankly, I think the extremes are wrong. Geass and 00 are both flaws but okay. Some things are intentional, others aren't. Absolute praise is wrong, but so is absolute criticism since they are overhyped yet also not the worst things ever made like some folks claim.
>>
>>15872607
Okouchi is more like mediocre. He can do both good and bad, depending on the circumstances.
>>
>>15873050
*are both flawed
>>
>>15873044
>It's easily in the top three shows made by Okouchi.
Is this suppose to be praising him?
>Even he's made worse stuff than Geass and the overall state of the mecha industry isn't exactly shining perfection.
Fuck off. There's plenty of mecha anime that were better that were better than CG back when it was airing and even fucking now. It wasn't a beacon of quality nor did it move the industry it was just following a really shitty trend prevalent back then.
>>15873050
>Nobody can ever criticize anything and nothing can be bad
You sound worse than tumblr
>>15873052
He really is bad. The best thing he did was an adaptation of an already good source of material.
>>
code gayass is a fucking joke of a series for kids trying to look smart
>>15868550
LOGH is the same trash as code gayass but too long and with more /pol/ appeal. It's incredibly childish.
>>
>plebeians trying to talk shit about Okouchi

The weekend doesn't start for another 10.5 hours, assholes.
>>
>>15873091
No, it's a point of reference to put things in perspective rather than left in isolation from the context of the industry.

Who ever said it was a beacon of quality? Not me.

There's some valid criticisms, to be sure, yet others are exaggerated or outright incorrect. Same with the praise and the cheers for it.
>>
>>15873096
LOGH is a lot better than most anime and every single mecha series, including CG, so shut up.
>>
>>15873132
It's hilarious because his latest show is being pretty well received even by some anime hipsters who thought Geass was beneath them.
>>
>>15873144
>his latest show is being pretty well received
So well received nobody is fucking watching it
>>
>>15873144
/m/ is basically just hipster heaven.
>>
>>15873132
>trying to be a fucking hipsterfag for Okouchi
Too obvious anon. Too obvious. Next time do Okada
>>15873144
Nobody cares about Princess Principal, its only a standout in this really lackluster season and those same people praising it shat on everything he's work on before it so it being "good" is only in comparison to his other works.
>>
>>15873181
Plebe detected.
>>
>>15873144
Not really also its pretty fucking shit. Its only well received in comparison to everything he's done including Geass but as you can see its getting very little fanfare
>>
>>15873188
Sup Hipster. Still can't defend Okouchi's ability as a writer I see and only praising him because everyone shits on him
>>
>>15873172
>>15873189
>>15873189
I forgot some people just love to be contrarian as fuck.
>>
>>15873189
>Its only well received in comparison to everything he's done including Geass

Are you high?
>>
>>15873181
>those same people praising it shat on everything he's work on before it so it being "good" is only in comparison to his other works.
The lack of logic in your post makes it meaningless. If they didn't like the show, they wouldn't be buying and watching it.
>>
>>15873176
More like shitposter heaven. You can't even talk about new anime anymore without having to deal with this bullshit attitude.
>>
>>15873142
Entirely wrong, it's garbage for /pol/ pseuds
>>
>>15873227
>contrarian
This word has lost all meaning hasn't it?
>>15873229
Are you illiterate?
>>15873237
Your post makes no fucking sense. How can they buy something that's not even available you fucking retard
>>
>>15873227
>contrarian
Show's not even popular to begin with so what's there to be contrarian over?
>>
>>15873142
>LOGH is a lot better than most anime
No, it's incredibly average. You only like it because it's long and was planned to be long.
It cannot be better than 'every single mecha series' because the best mecha series is also the best series ever.

LOGH is a generic war dramaBUT IN SPACE AND VERY LONG whereas E7 is a terrifyingly real war drama while not being a war drama, and not being so pathetically heroic.
>>
>>15873819
>He doesn't know how
>>
>>15872322
I remember that I felt the 8 deadly words pretty hard by the second half
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.