[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need some assistance with the Mazinger Z manga. I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Mazinger-Z-01-0007.png (243KB, 831x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Mazinger-Z-01-0007.png
243KB, 831x1300px
I need some assistance with the Mazinger Z manga. I've had it for some time on my HDD and finally decided to binge it, I got the scans from here http://getterrobo.blogspot.bg/ . I'm already on the 5th volume, but things felt weird and out of place for some time. For instance Count Brocken's introduction or how out of nowhere Boss had Boss Borot.
So I decided to look around and see what scans manga websites have, most had the same as mine except bato.to. Which had French scans, but they felt like they were in the right order and had chapters which I am missing(while it also was missing chapters that I had). Also looking at the scans I have, the final chapter of volume 5 doesn't even feel like an end to the series.
I'm so confused and just want to read the manga correctly.
>>
>>15861617
The ending to Mazinger Z is in the start of Great Mazinger.
>>
>>15861617
I'd tell you to watch the anime
the manga felt like some pilot for the anime or something
but then I remember it's 97 episodes long and the episodes are quite repetitive

ps: I'm on episode 35, when does the nazi guys appear?
>>
>>15861812
Count Broken and his army debut in episode 39.
>>
>>15861617
The early Mazinger Z manga was published in Weekly Shonen Jump; by the time the manga moved to TV Magazine, it followed a plot more similar to the anime. When the manga was published in volumes there were some issues with the chapter placements as the Jump series did not get a proper ending and later publishes contained chapters from both the original and TV Magazine versions that overlapped each other, leaving out important information from both sides. This continued until a couple decades later where the Mazinger Z manga was given a proper explanation of events along with a final battle against Dr. Hell.
>>
If you can read french, read the gosaku ota version, its better in all levels and there is a conclusive ending.
>>
>>15861617
Don't even bother, the manga sucks ass. Just watch the show for a much better experience.
>>
>>15862178
Bit late there. They're both shit, by the way
>>
>>15862263
>>15862178
t. pedro
>>
>>15861617
>>15861812
There are two separate manga in Mazinger Z.

The first run is the Shounen Jump run, arguably the best part of the manga. The second run is the TV Magazine run, which just apes the anime.

The manga compilation groups both together, and it gets confusing.

http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/mazinger-z-tv-magazine-edition-r16183
>>
>>15862684
Thanks man, this will help for me to understand the timeline and what happens when, even if I don't know French.
>>
>>15864631
I wouldn't try to view them in any timeline. Nagai started neglecting Mazinger due to various reasons which is why he decided to move it to TV Magazine. He basically let the TV anime override his work, which wasn't the case with Devilman.

TV Magazine usually aimed for a younger audience than those of Shounen Jump, and there was barely any time to properly develop anything in that magazine. If you read Jeeg (Manga by Tatsuya Yasuda), you'll notice the same kind of pacing and things appearing out of nowhere, which seems to be a symptom of being a TV Magazine manga.

You should read Great Mazinger where it gets kinda back on track, but overall, Nagai's Mazinger trilogy aren't as snappy as his other works. This is most likely one of the reason why he rebooted Mazinger several times in manga himself, with stuff like MazinSaga and Z Mazinger.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.