[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Be a contrarian faggot and post a mecha that everyone loves

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 19

File: TOY-RBT-3895_08.jpg (110KB, 800x574px) Image search: [Google]
TOY-RBT-3895_08.jpg
110KB, 800x574px
ITT: Be a contrarian faggot and post a mecha that everyone loves but you hate.

Here is Shin Getter Robo. Look at it's stupid proportions and hideous color placement. It's a like big stupid clown-thing with random shit tacked on.
>>
>>15856451
I'm not much of a fan of any of the Getters besides Getter-1.

They all feel ike they're trying too hard to be cool. "the original but more extreme" doesn't really seem to work out. Mazinkaiser is a decent design but I'm not a fan of it compared to Mazinger Z as a result.
>>
File: lancelot.jpg (18KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
lancelot.jpg
18KB, 300x300px
>>15856451
I've never seen the appeal of Knightmare Frames. I'm posting the Lancelot, but any of them would apply. The backpack cockpits are just so dumb. They stick out too much, it would ruin the center of balance and also expose the pilot to enemy fire. Yeah, fine, it's an escape pod, but it's one so big that unless you're facing the Knightmare dead-on the majority of shots are going to hit it. Some designs like the Percival or the Gurren do try to compress it, make it more flush with the frame, but it's still just too big.
>>
>>15856451
You need to stop trying.
>>
I think the V fins in gundams are the most disgusting thing ever, any design that gets rid of it, makes it a better and cooler design.
>>
File: comp.png (685KB, 788x1200px) Image search: [Google]
comp.png
685KB, 788x1200px
I dont know how popular valvrave is with people but I've always struggled to understand the appeal. the hips go to high the shoulder are too low it give it wide blocky look but its curved limbs run counter to that design make it look just odd and awkward. With the black color scheme on it most of its details end up getting lost. Honestly it looks better in physical media then it does in actual drawn.
>>
>>15856905
>mfw the Lancelot is my favorite /m/ design ever outside of grandaddy gundam and 00 quan[t]
>>
>>15856451
Back to the grape field, Carlos.
>>
It's trash. I'm sorry but Mazinger Z is the only good design in its entire franchise, and I'm counting ALL of the robots, not just Mazingers
>>
>>15857117
Grendizer is kino. Eat shit.
>>
>>15857117
Honestly the Mazinger looks like shit too. And the colors make it look like some sort of slut in diapers.

The MSG designs are fucking ugly too and it took the 80s to make them look like actual mechanical devices and not tincan dudes in bending tubes and square diapers.
>>
>>15857083
>says the actual spic
Oh Pablo, you're so funny
>>
File: 1213378675061.jpg (29KB, 284x700px) Image search: [Google]
1213378675061.jpg
29KB, 284x700px
>>15856451
>>
None of these are unpopular opinions except in your tubebot hugbox generals.
>>
>>15856451
>a mecha that everyone loves but you hate

You'll never see unanimity on the Armageddon design of Shin Getter, though. Quite a few people hate it.
>>
File: Rx-124-woundwort-ms.jpg (221KB, 834x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Rx-124-woundwort-ms.jpg
221KB, 834x1024px
It's fucking ugly. I know the modularity thing is neat but it's just fucking ugly.
>>
>>15856451

I hate robots like you OP
>>
>>15856451
I can't speak for everyone, but despite not hating the design I just think that some design choices were a downgrade. It's still a cool robot and it got me into Getter Robo, but there aspects of other Shin Getter designs I prefer.

who hurt you
>>
>>15856451
But I hate Shin Getter.
>>
File: AestivalisLineup[1].jpg (191KB, 1600x706px) Image search: [Google]
AestivalisLineup[1].jpg
191KB, 1600x706px
I don't like the Aestivalis.
>>
>>15856462
Agreed, saved for Shin Getter 2, I feel it's superior to the original getter-2, but the rest of the originals are best.
>>
>>15859610
That's because you're a contrarian faggot
>>
>>15856905
I like backpacks, they make the design look sort of insectal. Knightmare designs are too bulky to really work with it though, I agree.
>>
File: 4540170784_9d9b6c1e46_b[1].jpg (162KB, 1024x734px) Image search: [Google]
4540170784_9d9b6c1e46_b[1].jpg
162KB, 1024x734px
>>15859753
example
It's also actually practical considering how combat works (speed and maneuverability are the only thing that actually matter and every fight is just avoiding beams and slashing back), and that it can transform into a sort of plane/car so it obviously needs a movable cockpit.
In its final form, the cockpit extends to well over twice its length and becomes totally hands-free. It also functions as a sort of engine (its actually more of a 'lung' and presumably is necessary to manipulate trapars at the magnitude it can.)

Looking at some other CG designs, not all of them are that bulky. I don't really know what is so 'off' about them.
>>
>>15859443
most aoz ms are huge clunky garbage
>>
>>15859348
Says the person who likes shit even worse than tubebots
>>
File: zaku.jpg (30KB, 291x500px) Image search: [Google]
zaku.jpg
30KB, 291x500px
Zaku looks like some dork you'd beat up to escape your shitty life at home.
>>
>>15857034
Reminds me of an armored core desu, looks kind of like a LAHIRE
>>
File: Oz-06ms_colour.jpg (34KB, 310x485px) Image search: [Google]
Oz-06ms_colour.jpg
34KB, 310x485px
I cannot fathom why anyone would like Leo. It just looks like intentionally dumb looking cannon fodder, purposefully designed to look as pathetic as possible. The complete lack of detail in the ugly tube legs is just the cherry on top.

A close second would be the graze. While not as stupid looking, it somehow manages to be even more bland. It being almost entirely one flat color is probably a contributing factor. I swear I would have forgotten the existence of these things by now, unless they got so many goddamn kits.
>>
>>15859197
>le ebin diaperfag meme
Into the trash you, your family, and your shit opinions go
>>
I'm going to be honest, 8th ms team is my least favourite Gundam series, I hate almost everything about it, except Norris and the MS designs, maybe the reason why I hate it is because it wasn't what I expected it to be after I saw the OP. The characters were so bland and one dimensional, te bad guy was such a shitty character, the fights were forgettable, the story was so FUCKING cliche and the romance was so bad, it was so predictable. And let's not forget Shiro's plot armour, that also applies to every one from the main cast.
I wish the series was exactly what the OP promised.
>>
File: Rxuc-ova-ntd.jpg (46KB, 310x500px) Image search: [Google]
Rxuc-ova-ntd.jpg
46KB, 310x500px
This thing. It's both gaudy and boring. Unicorn mode is just boring, so I guess that's an improvment.
>>
Idk if sentai mechs count but Gekitohja certainly qualifies for me. Its just a fuckin ugly looking mech
>>
>>15861893
This. Unicorn reminds me of a Bayformer. It sucks, because most of the designs in the OVA are pretty neat.
>>
>>15859179
Grendizer for all the kino it is doesn't change the fact it looks like a gay clown bot.
>>
File: Msn-04ii.jpg (632KB, 1158x760px) Image search: [Google]
Msn-04ii.jpg
632KB, 1158x760px
The Nightingale looks like a soggy mess.
>>
OP certainly delivered on his premise

>>15859624
fuck you
>>
>>15862895
>Bayformer

Let's not say things we can't take back. I think the biggest problem with the Unicorn design is the colours. The sea of white looks very bland in both modes, and the default red-pink psychoframe glow looks like shit. The green version looks great by comparison. I think the actual design in terms of part separation and shapes is fine, if not particularly inspiring.

Does anyone have some uncoloured line art of the Unicorn in both modes? I want to experiment with it...
>>
File: Rx-93-finfunnels.jpg (180KB, 694x1084px) Image search: [Google]
Rx-93-finfunnels.jpg
180KB, 694x1084px
I've never seen the appeal of the Nu Gundam. As an upgrade of the original design, it's highly outclassed by the Mk. II, the Zephyranthes and the Alex, and that's just sticking to rehashes presented in the UC timeline.
The monochrome color scheme is also handled better with its predecessors and successor the Hi-Nu. Its main gimmick is decent enough, but their general design coupled with the asymmetry makes it look like it has half picket fence stuck to its back.

Oh, and the movie it was introduced in was a piece of shit that couldn't even properly close off it's portion of the continuity.

In short; everything it does is handled better by other MS, and the only reason its considered iconic is because it was there first. Much like the original series as a whole.

>>15862953
It's in the usual spot.

http://seesaawiki.jp/nuriesozai/lite/d/UC
>>
File: trash.png (254KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
trash.png
254KB, 500x376px
>>15859443
>>15863044
I can't believe I share a board with these beasts
>>
>>15859443
It is.
Nobody actually likes the Woundwort anyways.
>>
>>15863044
I just like the MG sans Katoki panels.
>>
>>15866913
>Not liking THICC MS
Your loss.
>>
>>15859443
>>15866913

I'm suing you both for defamation. No one talks about my wife like that and gets away with it.
>>
>>15868609
IT IS A FAT MIDGET NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU DENY IT
>>
>>15861893
I hate it too, it's covered in more pointless glowing shit than a wizard's gaming PC.
>>
>>15857117
Mazinger Z was best for being really simple. All the extra bumps and angles on Great ruined it.
BUT Great had the better special attacks.
>>
>>15856451
>hideous color placement.
I always thought it could lose the dark red.
>>
>>15863044
I actually agree with this post entirely.
>>
I like Shin Getter, but I never cared for Mazinkaiser despite the two being paired off in a lot of SRW games and the like. Shin Getter really fits in with it's predecessors but Mazinkaiser looks so overly complicated with all the extra geometry on it's lower legs and midsection. They also seriously made the chest emblem look like a big bowtie. At least it has a cool scrander.
>>
File: latest.jpg (438KB, 1223x1546px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
438KB, 1223x1546px
This piece of junk. It combines in a dumb transformation, the component parts do jack shit when not combined, and any time it uses any move it has to be screamed pointlessly, no matter how worthless or insignificant it is. Also, those mini component mechs apparently counted as full mechs for the 3v3 to make it a 1v3 so the antagonist can beg his way onto some random team, hijack it from them, and try to settle his dumb grudge with one of the MCs that said MC doesn't even acknowledge, nor did the antagonist even acknowledge the competition he entered beyond fighting his rival.

The robot is gaudy and is as much asspull garbage as the Build/Try Burning is, yet people cream themselves over it. I'll never understand it.
>>
File: the o.jpg (248KB, 498x650px) Image search: [Google]
the o.jpg
248KB, 498x650px
This thing. I mean, it's not an awful design or anything, but given that Scirocco is basically the final boss of Zeta Gundam, it's just not a good fit at all. Those proportions are just way off, with its giant fat legs and comparatively small arms, and just the overall aesthetic and colourscheme make it look like a grunt suit more than anything. The Messala was a much better fit, it was just a much more menacing design, plus it could transform which made it a much better foil to the Zeta Gundam.
>>
>>15868790
You don't say no to the O!
>>
>>15863044
stupid ass post
>>
>>15868759
Gundams fucking suck and an actual proper robot was in it for once
>>
>>15868790
>Those proportions are just way off
No they aren't. Don't talk about things you don't understand.
>>
File: fat legs.jpg (113KB, 410x403px) Image search: [Google]
fat legs.jpg
113KB, 410x403px
>>15868798
>>
>>15868808
See >>15868798
>>
>>15868797
>Gundams fucking suck
>Tryon 3 is explicitly a Gundam
>an actual proper robot was in it for once
>The most idiotic and forced super robot garbage in the entire show
Tryon 3 is anything but a robot. It's an animated version of a toku megazord pretending to be a robot. Dryon 3 in Battlogue was just as shit.
>>
>>15868759
>any time it uses any move it has to be screamed pointlessly
To be fair, that was house rules for Try.
>>
File: daltan.jpg (122KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
daltan.jpg
122KB, 1440x1080px
>>15868832
>It's an animated version of a toku megazord pretending to be a robot.
Or you know, just pretending to be an anime super robot.
>>
>>15868847
Yeah, and so was Build Burning, which was supposed to be themed like the actual Gundam super robot show, yet was still recieved as trash because of the unbeatable martial arts moves and assimilation retardation. ZZ wasn't even super robot beyond the combining scene, so why the hell does this unrelated reference get a pass?
>>
File: ba8cfccc97d46f172973cb2041eaa5e2.jpg (598KB, 1500x1199px) Image search: [Google]
ba8cfccc97d46f172973cb2041eaa5e2.jpg
598KB, 1500x1199px
>>15868866
I'm pretty sure it was just a concept inspired by the fact that ZZ is a combination of two transforming vehicle components, and someone decided to take that idea one step further into a super robot direction, since multiple transforming components is pretty common with the toyetic designs found in older super robot anime.
You are right though. If the Tryon 3's indivudal components count as entire units in a competition, then things like the Victory should qualify the same way, which is silly. I mean look how insignificant the lion is.
>>
>>15868898
it's likely they were specifically registered as independent units, to push even more the Super Robot feeling(the whole "robot never starts already combined" trope), see how Dreion III is a single unit that can split instead
>>
>>15868832
>super robot garbage
Nice delusion, realisticuck
>>
>>15868832
>toku
You have to go to /jp/
>>
>>15868898
Wasn't because of particle BS? If each individual component was registered as an individual MS, they could get particles when combined. Sort of like how nemesis needed the geara dogas to refuel crossbone.
>>
>>15869119
No, it was just for the THREE HEARTS BECOME ONE power-up.
>>
>>15869167
>Gettercucks ruin everything again
>>
>>15857117

What the fuck were they thinking changing the breast ornament into something more bland and generic. Great Mazinger looks like a background character. Even the enemy fodder in Megas XLR that would appear for all of five seconds had more character. Fuck, I hate Great.

>>15856462

Getter-1 looks like a fat guy with a diaper or big underwear.

>>15859624

Fucking awful designs. Especially the legs.

>>15868759

Garish colours, boxes, usually piloted by a team of insufferables, stupid ornaments...This kind of super robot is gay.
>>
>>15869408
wew
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.