[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would the opinion of G-Reco change if a S2 leads into the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: 20140815200006478.jpg (129KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20140815200006478.jpg
129KB, 1366x768px
How would the opinion of G-Reco change if a S2 leads into the events that led up to what made the world what it is in Turn A Gundam?
>>
>>15852079
mitebcool
>>
Where's that movie, Tomino?
>>
>>15852079
It's set after Turn A
>>
File: 11.jpg (119KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
119KB, 1366x768px
>>15852079
Except Tomino stated G-Reco takes place after Turn-A.

Would be down for an S2 though. If only to see a repaired G-Self using the atmospheric pack while retaining the shoulders and shield of the perfect pack.
>>
>>15852086

Since finishing Turn A I've always been curious what type of pilots piloted the Turn A and Turn X but it would be an incredibly cool twist if G-Reco ended with the butterfly Gundam being activated.
>>
I would love a s2 about Belri going backpacking around the world without any gundam or war. Comfy as fuck
>>
>>15852089
He's in Italy promoting G-Reco iirc. Apparently G-Reco is loved there.
>>
>>15852090
>>15852091
The only reason he ever said that is because he didn't want his message and theme to be overridden by the cycle of destruction in the Black History. A mercy he hypocritically decided not to grant other shows like G, X and Wing. Plus it further means that the message and theme of Turn A would eventually end in tragedy too.

As far as I'm concerned, the Reguld Century takes place immediately after Universal Century, and Correct Century is still the very end. We only ever see evidence of UC in G-Reco anyways, if he really was intent on making it take place after Turn A we would have seen wrecks of WaDOMs, SUMOs and other shit. The entire "one timeline" shit is convoluted as hell anyways, Gundam was never intended to be sorted into a single timeline like that.
>>
>>15852106
>Apparently G-Reco is loved there.

Source
>>
>>15852079
canonfags can go fuck themselves desu~
>>
>>15852134
>The only reason he ever said that is because he didn't want his message and theme to be overridden by the cycle of destruction in the Black History

Well too fucking bad. Its Gundam. Literally every show ends with "and how that we have defeated THESE guys, surely peace will endure forever!" [giant war kills another 10 million people three years later]

Even Wing ended with 'and Gundams were NEVER USED AGAIN' and couldn't make that stick. As long as Bandai wants to make more money, the efforts of the protagonists are forever meaningless because all of their accomplishments will be thrown under the bus the moment doing so lets them come out with five new model kits.
>>
File: it is futile.jpg (54KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
it is futile.jpg
54KB, 640x360px
>>15852134
>As far as I'm concerned, the Reguld Century takes place immediately after Universal Century
As far as I'm concerned, you're a delusional self-important idiot who thinks his headcanon carries more weight that the author/director's word.
>>
>>15852616
Endless war is a small price to pay for sweet, sweet gunpla.
>>
>>15852622
Tomino didn't base his judgement on a remotely thought out chronology, but because thematics. In the end, it's just two men who disagree over what the better Good End for UC and FC and AC and AW is.
>>
>>15852079
I cant fucking believe people got baited this hard by this tread.
>>
>>15852713
>Tomino didn't base his judgement on
I don't care what you think.
I'm not basing my judgement on someone who had absolutely fuck-all to do with the writing of the show. It is what the writer says it is, you don't get a vote.
>>
>>15852079
More Nug to Fug? Yes please

Aida is best girl
>>
>>15852206
Twitter
>>
>>15852765
I concur, people who try and pull Death Of The Author are the worst.
>>
File: 1422708029881.jpg (123KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
1422708029881.jpg
123KB, 600x700px
>>15852801
Good taste anon
>>
>>15852134
Gundam was never meant to continue past MSG but it didnt. Tomino ended up creating the very thing despised. Turn A was meant to end the franchise. but it didn't end, even with him gone, so he came back and made g reco. well not really, g reo was never meant to be a gundam series in the first place
>>
File: turn a.png (858KB, 1277x853px) Image search: [Google]
turn a.png
858KB, 1277x853px
I love the ending of g-reco, I want to see more of that cast enjoying life and such.

Also, here, I asked a friend to explain what was in the turn x sheet.
>>
>>15853018
>Turn A was meant to end the franchise.

Common misconception. It was meant to relaunch it in a different direction as something different, not end it.

At least that was Tomino's approach, it wasn't how Sunrise and Bandai saw it.
>>
Director Yoshiyuki Tomino "should have made it more sexy"
https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.daily.co.jp%2Fleisure%2Fkansai%2F2017%2F09%2F07%2F0010533172.shtml
>>
>>15853406
>"Sorry for the incomprehensible story"

My sides.
>>
>>15852622
And your words should "carry weight" why exactly?
If anon thinks that Turn A is in the very end, he has every right to do it. Neither Tomino, not anyone in Sunrise really give a fuck about continuity either way.
"Auther" had no problem with coming back for Zeta and ruining every message he originally had with that series.

I personally would like Turn A to remain in the very end, because of nature of this show (even though X is probably better suited for "the last entry"), but I don't really care either way.
No one takes advantage of the whole "one timeline", so it's all are just empty words anyway.
>>
>>15856364

> X is probably better suited for "the last entry"

Can I ask what you feel makes X more suited to that out of interest. I can see why someone would think it a more suitable final UC entry, since AW is basically UC events taken to their extreme and several parts are named that was as a reference (like the 7th Space War when UC had 6 at the time), but it doesn't seem any more suitable to final Gundam as a whole story than Turn-A to me.
>>
>>15853433
>>15853406
He must regret making it such a pleb filter.
>>
>>15852079
Even if this hypothetically S2 ends up being good it doesn't change the fact that S1 was pure garbage and the worst TV Gundam I've seen so far. I've Age, Wing and Seed/Destiny still left but even so, Greco was terrible and definitely bottom 5.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.