[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Isn't 72 Gundams a bit too much? Were the Mobile Armors

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: GundamFrames.jpg (125KB, 752x960px) Image search: [Google]
GundamFrames.jpg
125KB, 752x960px
Isn't 72 Gundams a bit too much? Were the Mobile Armors that much of a threat that they need 72 of these? Maintenance of these were probably hell since each of the Gundam frames had different set of equipment.
>>
>>15850982
if we're going by a pacific rim analogy, maybe there wasn't 72 gundams from the get go? they just reached a total of 72 by war's end and a lot of them are destroyed to necessitate creation of new ones?

also, how many countries are there in the FC universe?

the MF with the lowest number is the arachno gundam (neo cuba placed 83rd in the 12th gundam fight) but there is no indication that was dead last.
>>
>>15850982
Gotta have enough slots for spin-off special snowflake Gundams
>>
>>15850982
It's not like the Gundams only fought MAs, you know.
>>
>>15850995
true...
...but enough about the UC.

so if teens/kids are the ones piloting these, are most of these privately funded (rich kids)? that would explain the differences in the designs (not so much as functionality but pilot preference).
>>
>>15850990
this is true, we can know that since the manual say that "kimaris" was more advance and have the OP spear tecnologi since it was one of the last gundam deployed
>>
It's because the development team was edgy as fuck and reading about demonology during development. Then they realized "fuck, even the RX-78 doesn't have 72 variants and it's 40 years old."

So they promptly gave up and went with orbital rail guns.

Alternatively; IBO is nothing but unused G-Reco designs.
>>
>>15850982
>Were the Mobile Armors that much of a threat that they need 72 of these?
They called it the Calamity War, and the time period after it was called Post Disaster, for a reason.
>>
>>15850982
>Tekkadan are ISIS thread
>72 frames
>Muslims can get 72 virgins in heaven
Really makes you think...
>>
>>15850982
that is felcher gundam for ya, bad in every way
>>
>>15851002
>so if teens/kids are the ones piloting these
They weren't, Mika was the only teen piloting a Gundam frame in the series. McGillis, Gaelio, the first Gusion pilot, Shino, Guts were all older than the average Gundam protag.
>>
>>15850990
You are correct. New Gundams were made as the war raged on. The Dantalion was said to be made towards the end of the war and used combat data from mobile armor fights to tune it.
>>
>>15851287
He probably thinks all AV pilots were kids during the calamity war which has been proven to be false. Adults piloted the Gundams and suffered no damage due to the AV feedback since their surgeries weren't done in back alleys. McGillis had a calamity war style AV implant.
>>
>>15850982
All I know is that Mobile Armors must have been some cosmic horror shit if the only counter was bloodthirsty demon Gundams that can potentially turn sentient and go on unrestrained killing sprees
>>
>>15851378

Couldn't they had made a show about that instead?
>>
>>15851492
Bandai representatives were recently asked about the possibility of a calamity war anime/ova/manga/whatever and they said they had no plans at all nor did they even think people were interested in that. They were surprised someone even asked a question about the calamity war tho they did say they would note the interest in that from now on.
>>
>>15851111
It's 72 for each of the daemons specified in the book, "Ars Goetia".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lesser_Key_of_Solomon#Ars_Goetia

Now all the edgy teenagers can make their own daemon-themed Gundam OC.
>>
>>15851510

God dammit, Bandai. I wonder how many other cool ideas they've passed over just because they're under the delusion hat people don't want to see it.
>>
>>15851510
Sunrise not Bandai
>>
Weren't a fair number of them privately owned by wealthy Gjallarhorn families? That might mitigate a lot of the maintenance costs.
>>
>>15851552
>Uncovered canon material leading to themed OC
I'm ok with this actually.
>>
>>15851331
Is that why Bael sucked so much?
>>
>>15851956
Did it really suck tho? It held its own with Kimaris Vidar who was going ball to the wall full AV unchained. KV was also equipped with it's OG MA killing weapons in the dainslaif lance and drill knees. Pretty impressive for a primitive machine going against a much newer model.
>>
>>15850982

There's basically like 72 Gundams just in the One Year War alone at this point and that's supposed to be the "realistic" Gundam.
>>
>>15852100
Considering it survived the entire calamity war while "newer and better" Gundams got destroyed, I'm thinking that the Gundams power was more down to the pilot and his/her skill; than the weapons.
>>
>>15850982
It was a theme you idiot, the 72 demons of the Ars Goetia, created to kill the "Angels" aka the Mobile armors.
>>
>>15851287
Kudal doesn't have AV

>>15851336
>>15851287
didn't they specifically say AV (at the time) needs to be done on young people for the implants to work? it took mcgillis (via graze ein) needing it to pilot bael to have it refined to work on adults. Shino and Akihiro had those implanted when they were younger (just how younger compared to mika, i do not know).
>>
>>15851336
>Back alley AV
Lewd, those poor little orphan boys
>>
>>15851572
I think they pander more towards the kiddie side as well as the OG UC side. Anything else just get pushed while airing or whatever. Not so much afterwards since them think the hype is dead.
>>
>>15854208
Honestly it's possible AV wasn't done on adults, due to the technology needed for it being lost.
>>
>>15851572
Calamity War is like the Space War in Gundam X and Solar War in 00. They are just there as background story.

Note how MAs end up being irrelevant in the finale despite being the main enemy Gundam meant to fight against.
>>
>>15854835
maybe.

that and gjallarhorn enacting a taboo on it (at least on earth and closer territories) mean the need for adult VA isn't welcome anyway.

wonder if takaki would get laid even with his implant. i'd imagine that would freak a lot of earth people out (or have some really kinky fuckers be fascinated with it).
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.