[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

72 years old and still going. Key life moments >Hardcore

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

File: 2612oet.jpg (540KB, 732x1100px) Image search: [Google]
2612oet.jpg
540KB, 732x1100px
72 years old and still going.

Key life moments

>Hardcore diarrhoea
>Becomes assistant to Ishinomori
>First breakthrough and pissing off Japanese society
>Forms own studio
>Numerous breakthroughs to follow pissing off Japanese society for the nth time
>Settles down, gets married and loses his virginity to a clairvoyant

Life is good.
>>
Why doesn't he have any kids?
>>
>>15849250
He was in Toxic Avenger 3!
>>
>>15849250
>pissing off Japanese society
>by creating the most popular mangas of the era
Nagaifags are this delusional. He is Naruto tier.
>>
>>15849369
Because then you'd have to throw everything away.
>>
>>15849250
To have Ai Shinozaki cosplaying as a slutty version of my oc would be a key life moment for me
>>
File: Go Nagai by decade.jpg (3MB, 3840x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Go Nagai by decade.jpg
3MB, 3840x1080px
>>15849369
So that is where it came from
>>
>>15849380
Naruto didn't piss off anyone other than Ninja fanboys. Shameless School did. Get your facts straight.

Monkey Punch: Harenchi Gakuen (“Shameless School”) really shocked me when I first read it. It was the first time I ever thought “man, I can't believe he took it this far!” when I was reading another person’s manga.

Go Nagai: But your manga were sexy from the get-go! (Laughs) Sexy, but with definite quality.

Monkey Punch: The furor over your Harenchi Gakuen was incredible. I never had that sort of thing happen to me. PTA protest campaigns and such. Though some of my work was branded as “manga [kids] shouldn’t read.”

Go Nagai: Yeah, I bet. (Laughs)

Monkey Punch: It might have been something that shouldn’t be read but nobody ever protested it. (Laughs)

Go Nagai: I was bombarded with interview requests from newspapers, magazines, and TV. Eventually I was like, “I can’t take this, I’m taking all my art and going into hiding.” I’d take a plane somewhere far away but when I got off, the TV cameras were right there. (Laughs) I wonder how they knew where I was going. I was branded a “nuisance,” an “enemy of society,” even. In spite of the fact I that what I’d done wasn’t any big deal. I would watch movies and things and had a very clear sense about not crossing the line, about what I could do and shouldn’t do. To make sure the police would never show up at my door.

http://altjapan.typepad.com/my_weblog/2007/06/enemies_of_soci.html
>>
>>15849369
He's already a kid in his heart.

But a good reason is he probably wouldn't make a good dad, given the questionable things he drew. Even to this day, he still doesn't understand why the parents and teachers of his time attacked him over Harenchi Gakuen.
>>
File: BG9Qc4rCIAAsWKm.png (408KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
BG9Qc4rCIAAsWKm.png
408KB, 600x450px
>>15849375
Toxic Avenger Part 2
>>
>>15849380
His manga were not that popular, man. He had a few hits early in his career and that's it. His fame came mostly from Tori anime he helped to create.
>>
I love Go Nagai
>>
>>15849566
>Tori anime
Never heard of that before.
>>
>>15849508
>Harenchi Gakuen
shit, wish that was translated...
>>
>>15849631
It was licensed in French if you can read that.
>>
>>15849636
well shit
>>
I really hope he makes it to at least 80
>>
>>15849250
>>Hardcore diarrhoea

I got this too right now. Stomach churning
>>
>tfw you'll never get such an ass-splitting nuclear diarrhoea that it will make you cherish life and find your true calling as a mangaka
>>
>>15853161
>>15853185
Nagai had it severely for 3 weeks straight.
>>
>>15853191
how come he didn't die?
>>
>>15853375
He had catarrh of the colon / colitis which isn't fatal.
>>
>>15853375
probably because he didn't live in a shitty 3rd world country. you literally cant die as long as you stay hydrated
>>
>>15849566
>this one anon still trying to force this meme
kek
>>
File: img000001.jpg (1MB, 1500x2285px) Image search: [Google]
img000001.jpg
1MB, 1500x2285px
>>
File: img000002.jpg (1MB, 1500x2285px) Image search: [Google]
img000002.jpg
1MB, 1500x2285px
The furor over Harenchi Gakuen was hilarious.
>>
File: img000003.jpg (2MB, 1500x2285px) Image search: [Google]
img000003.jpg
2MB, 1500x2285px
>>
File: img000004.jpg (2MB, 1500x2285px) Image search: [Google]
img000004.jpg
2MB, 1500x2285px
Ishikawa-chan loved to play golf and sing karaoke.
>>
>>15854898
It's true, though. Ask any random japanese if they ever heard of any Nagai-shit other than what was on TV and you will get nothing.
>>
>>15855288
That's actually wrong. The late 60s still remember Harenchi Gakuen.
>>
>>15855288
TV is more popular than manga if that isn't obvious to you by now Movies are more popular than books. Nobody heard of A song of Ice and Fire before the GOT TV series. Nobody heard of Lord of the Rings and Tolkien before the Jackson movies.

Nobody gave a fuck about the Gundam Unicorn novels before the popular Sunrise OVAs. The list goes and on.

Call them uncultured, but it's just the way it is. Many people don't read books.

Get a better argument to support your hate boner, Pablo.
>>
>>15855334
A lot of manga are more popular than their TV versions, though. Sometimes the TV series is very short live while the manga continues for decades. Not the case of Nagai, though. In his case, TV is always an improvement over his half-assed manga.

>>15855323
No, they don't. There's not even that many reprints of that in recent years.
>>
>>15855578
And a lot weren't. who cares anyway? I prefer Nagai manga over the Toei series, and you can do nothing about it except rage like a child. You're one pathetic man.
>>
>>15849369
How do you know he doesn't? Many parts of a mangaka's life can remain secret. There's some mangaka whose gender is unknown. I've only seen one reference to Ken Ishikawa's daughter and wife ever.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.