[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, Shout! Factory is having a week long Super Sentai marath

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: Shout! Factory Sentai Marathon.png (411KB, 580x693px) Image search: [Google]
Shout! Factory Sentai Marathon.png
411KB, 580x693px
So, Shout! Factory is having a week long Super Sentai marathon. They're playing Zyuranger right now (up until 1:30pm, pacific, when Dairanger starts). http://www.shoutfactorytvlive.com/
>>
>>15847669
>Kakuranger
No thanks
>>
>>15847669
Only good show amongst those is Dairanger.
>>
>>15848694
Zyuranger and Ohranger were much better than Dairanger.
>>
>>15848694
There's not a single bad show in there (because only Akibaranger S2 is and even that's arguable) and two top tier shows.

>>15848696
>Ohranger
Even if I liked it, no freaking way.
>>
>>15848719
>Even if I liked it, no freaking way.
Yes freaking way. Dairanger had problems worse than Ohranger, dude.
>>
>>15848726
Such as?
>>
>>15848696
Both are garbage. Zyuranger is kids all the time with a bland cast and Ohranger has a bland cast. Same with Kakuranger. The casts in those shows are shit.
>>
>>15848760
>Both are garbage
No sentai is garbage. What you mean is "/ssg/ told me to hate this"

>Zyuranger is kids all the time with a bland cast
Its as "bland" as most sentai (Red and Sixth get development, one is likable and the rest are passive), /ssg/ just didn't decide to like it.

>Same with Kakuranger.
Only issue in Kakuranger is that Blue and Yellow are kinda samey. Its a good cast.
>>
File: iseriouslyhopeyouchangethis.png (1MB, 2323x416px) Image search: [Google]
iseriouslyhopeyouchangethis.png
1MB, 2323x416px
>>15848692
>not liking Kakuranger
>>
>>15848762
>No sentai is garbage. What you mean is "/ssg/ told me to hate this"
What does /ssg/ have to do with my opinions I formed while watching the shows? Stop deflecting.

>Its as "bland" as most sentai (Red and Sixth get development, one is likable and the rest are passive), /ssg/ just didn't decide to like it.
Again with /ssg/. Most sentai aren't like that. Most of them give the others something to do. Dairanger has every member get their own story arc with reoccurring characters.

>Only issue in Kakuranger is that Blue and Yellow are kinda samey. Its a good cast.
They aren't kind of samey. They have no distinct character traits. The villains after Junior leaves are bad too. The Hanarangers are bland with no personalities and Junior's father barely does shit. The narrator leaves and Ninjaman has the same gimmick in every episode.
>>
>>15848775
>I formed while watching the shows?
top kek

>Most sentai aren't like that.
They are give or take.

>Dairanger has every member get their own story arc with reoccurring characters.
That's actually what makes Dairanger special (and before you go full retard, I never said its the only one) and why I like it. But not the norm.

>They aren't kind of samey. They have no distinct character traits.
It has been a while since I watched Kaku so I wont argue this.

>The villains after Junior leaves are bad too.
Agree, good thing they aren't the only characters.

>Ninjaman has the same gimmick in every episode.
It almost feels like a japanese comedy show.
>>
>>15848785
>top kek
aka I have no argument

>They are give or take.
Which means most aren't like that

>That's actually what makes Dairanger special (and before you go full retard, I never said its the only one) and why I like it. But not the norm.
You're the only one going full retard here. You have no points and seem to be arguing for the sake of arguing

>It has been a while since I watched Kaku so I wont argue this.
Okay?

>Agree, good thing they aren't the only characters.
You have Sasuke, Jiraiya and Tsuruhime. The rest of the cast sucks.

>It almost feels like a japanese comedy show.
That isn't an excuse
>>
>>15848804
>aka I have no argument
That wasn't an attempt at an argument, there was the rest of the post for that.

>Which means most aren't like that
Learn to read.

>You have no points and seem to be arguing for the sake of arguing
The part you were replying to here was an argument and you completely dissed it while also claiming I have no points. Not sure how saying that proves most sentai are like Dairanger.

>The rest of the cast sucks.
3 out of 5 is pretty good. Specially for a sentai of that era.

>That isn't an excuse
Its ok if you didn't like it but that's how jap humor goes and Kakuranger was a comedic sentai.
>>
>>15848817
>That wasn't an attempt at an argument, there was the rest of the post for that.
It was pointless like this

>Learn to read.
Learn to argue

>The part you were replying to here was an argument and you completely dissed it while also claiming I have no points. Not sure how saying that proves most sentai are like Dairanger.
Many sentai at least try to give people character arcs or some relevance to each other or a villain. Kakuranger and Zyuranger do no such thing with most of the cast.

>3 out of 5 is pretty good. Specially for a sentai of that era.
The cast isn't 5 members. You have the villains too. Other sentai of that era are Jetman which has the love hexagon/triangle whatever, Zyuranger which has a crap cast, Dairanger which gives everyone a plot, Ohranger which has a crap cast.

>Its ok if you didn't like it but that's how jap humor goes and Kakuranger was a comedic sentai.
Again, that isn't an excuse.
>>
>>15848907
>Learn to argue
Says the guy who can't differentiate between banter and argument.

>Many sentai at least try to give people character arcs or some relevance to each other or a villain.
Yes, not the 5 of them though.

>Kakuranger and Zyuranger do no such thing with most of the cast.
As do many sentai, yeah.
>You have the villains too.
fair point

>Other sentai of that era are Jetman which has the love hexagon/triangle whatever
Jetman is a great example of how arbitrary you fags can get. Only 2/5 of the rangers are active and the other is a plot device for those two. Yet its praised like the best thing since sliced bread. FYI, you mentioned three good rangers out of 5 in Kakuranger. Why is it ok when Jetman does it and no when Kakuranger does it?
>>
>>15848943
>Says the guy who can't differentiate between banter and argument.
>I-It's just banter!

>Yes, not the 5 of them though.
The cast is more than 5 people

>Jetman is a great example of how arbitrary you fags can get. Only 2/5 of the rangers are active and the other is a plot device for those two. Yet its praised like the best thing since sliced bread. FYI, you mentioned three good rangers out of 5 in Kakuranger. Why is it ok when Jetman does it and no when Kakuranger does it?

Jetman has a proactive cast and the villains are incredibly proactive too. All of the villains have character arcs and their own goals. Jiraiya got about as much focus as Ako and Kaori learning how to fly is more than the other 2 Kakuranger and Ohgreen/Ohblue got. Kaori's goals aren't the focus of the plot but she has her own romance shit. Jetman was more of a soap opera than any other sentai. The romance is just as important as anything else.
>>
>>15848987
>I-It's just banter!
When did I say its an argument? That only works if I said my entire post was banter which I didn0t. Seriously learn to read.

>The cast is more than 5 people
I was thinking about the rangers. Irrelevant though, as not even all rangers get something.

>Jetman has a proactive cast
Not really, only Ryu and Gai move the plot, the others are nothing special compared to other shows.

> Jiraiya got about as much focus as Ako
Jiraiya got way more than Ako.

>and Kaori learning how to fly is more than the other 2 Kakuranger and Ohgreen/Ohblue got.
I wont really defend the Ohranger cast but you can't say "this is good because others are worse". Kaori is only there to move Ryu and Gai. Sure that's more relevant than plenty of sentai characters but not a good character on her own.

>Jetman was more of a soap opera than any other sentai. The romance is just as important as anything else.
And only three of the 5 rangers are involved in this.
>>
File: pertwee_is_fear.gif (580KB, 400x309px) Image search: [Google]
pertwee_is_fear.gif
580KB, 400x309px
>>15848692
>taste this bad
>>
>>15849012
>I was thinking about the rangers. Irrelevant though, as not even all rangers get something.
I was talking the cast as whole

>Not really, only Ryu and Gai move the plot, the others are nothing special compared to other shows.
The other rangers have character arcs as do the villains

>Jiraiya got way more than Ako.
He got a scroll arc like the others and one off episodes. Ako got her romance arc with Dan

>I wont really defend the Ohranger cast but you can't say "this is good because others are worse". Kaori is only there to move Ryu and Gai. Sure that's more relevant than plenty of sentai characters but not a good character on her own.
No one ever said Kaori was a good character. Just that she had character. Her learning to fly didn't move along Ryu and Gai. Her fear plot that involved her bulter didn't move along Ryu and Gai.

>And only three of the 5 rangers are involved in this.
The reason Raita joined was because he had a crush on Kaori and Ako had her own romance.
Then you had Grey and Radiguet both liking Maria, Ryu still lusting after Rie. Jetman was a soap opera on both sides. You even had Radiguet get into a romance with a human girl when he lost his memories and powers.
>>
>>15849146
>I was talking the cast as whole
As said, irrelevant. not all 5 rangers get something to do, let alone the entire cast.

>He got a scroll arc like the others and one off episodes.
And his progressive use of japanese.

> Just that she had character. Her learning to fly didn't move along Ryu and Gai. Her fear plot that involved her bulter didn't move along Ryu and Gai.
>The reason Raita joined was because he had a crush on Kaori
>Ako had her own romance
>one off plots count now
Literally "its ok when Jetman does it".

>Jetman was a soap opera on both sides.
I never denied it was a soap opera. Just that its a soap opera that involved three out of 5 rangers.
>>
>>15849167
>As said, irrelevant. not all 5 rangers get something to do, let alone the entire cast.
Just because you don't like it doesn't make it irrelevant.

>And his progressive use of japanese.
That's not a plot point

>Literally "its ok when Jetman does it".
Raita's crush on Kaori wasn't one off and Ako's romance lasted an arc. It wasn't a one off episode

>I never denied it was a soap opera. Just that its a soap opera that involved three out of 5 rangers.
Which you're wrong about and ignoring the villains
>>
>>15849181
>Just because you don't like it doesn't make it irrelevant.
When did I ever talk about liking in this?

>That's not a plot point
>He watches episodic toy commercials for kids for the plot

>Raita's crush on Kaori wasn't one off
How many times has it been brought up?

>Ako's romance lasted an arc.
Of two episodes

> ignoring the villains
I never said the villains were bad, my statement was about the rangers. You are the one shoehorning non ranger characters into this.
>>
>>15849196
>When did I ever talk about liking in this?
Your whole argument ignores the other half of the cast. You continuously saying the villains are irrelevant is because you don't like that they kill your argument

>>He watches episodic toy commercials for kids for the plot
I see you're done

>How many times has it been brought up?
More than twice. He tried to impress her on the bus trip and talked about his feelings for her to Ako at one point

>Of two episodes
About as long as Jiraiya's scroll arc

>I never said the villains were bad, my statement was about the rangers. You are the one shoehorning non ranger characters into this.
>Shoehorning
I've been talking about villains from the beginning
>>15848775
>>
>>15849208
>Your whole argument ignores the other half of the cast. You continuously saying the villains are irrelevant is because you don't like that they kill your argument
First of all, this isn't related to my personal tastes at all. If anything, its related to the argument itself.
Secondly, this line started with
>Dairanger has every member get their own story arc
When I think of the "members" of the Dairanger I think of the 6 freaking Dairanger, not Master Kaku.

>I see you're done
Yet here I am.

>He tried to impress her on the bus trip and talked about his feelings for her to Ako at one point
Whoa man, literally changes the whole of Jetman's plot. Like, nothing is ever the same after this.

>About as long as Jiraiya's scroll arc
How does that not make it 2 episodes out of about 50?

Seriously, "its ok if Jetman does it".

>I've been talking about villains from the beginning
Point taken, but that gives Zyuranger and Ohranger an edge as they had good villains.
>>
>>15849220
>First of all, this isn't related to my personal tastes at all. If anything, its related to the argument itself.
You conceded this point later in this post
>Secondly, this line started with
>>Dairanger has every member get their own story arc
No it started with
> Most of them give the others something to do.

>Whoa man, literally changes the whole of Jetman's plot. Like, nothing is ever the same after this.
So it goes from "how many times was that brought up" to "I-it didn't change the plot!"

>How does that not make it 2 episodes out of about 50?
Dude, I praised Jiraiya and said he was one of the 3 that got plot. Then I said Ako got the same and you argued Jiraiya got more despite their main plots being the same length.

>Point taken, but that gives Zyuranger and Ohranger an edge as they had good villains.
Zyuranger had a really good villain but Ohranger's villains were up and down. Bulldon't became pretty good but the villains in Ohranger were pretty removed from the cast.
>>
Just a reminder that Ohranger is a horrible mess that has one of the most rushed and poorly executed finales to a sentai series
>>
>>15849228
>You conceded this point later in this post
No, I said "this line" specifically so you don't come up with this. Sorry, I assumed you knew how to read but I should know better at this point.
>No it started with
> Most of them give the others something to do.
Its the sentence right after that in >>15848775
Holy shit, I'm not even insulting at this point. You seriously can't read.

>So it goes from "how many times was that brought up" to "I-it didn't change the plot!"
Generally, something relevant to the plot is brought up many times, yeah. If you can't see the connection then you should stop discussing the plot of anything altogether.

>Dude, I praised Jiraiya and said he was one of the 3 that got plot.
Never said otherwise.

>Then I said Ako got the same and you argued Jiraiya got more despite their main plots being the same length.
The one who is questioning Kakuranger is you, not me. I mentioned its 2 episodes long to show that it isn't as important on a 50 episode show. You just connected two things that lasted 2 episodes in your head. If 2 episodes make a character good then pretty much every ranger ever is.
>>
>>15849232
I like how you're trying to say someone else can't read when you spent over half the thread saying that villains had nothing to do with the argument.

>Its the sentence right after
>Started with
>right after
>Started with
Lord

>Generally, something relevant to the plot is brought up many times, yeah. If you can't see the connection then you should stop discussing the plot of anything altogether.
It's relevant to his character arc. It wasn't a one off plot forgotten about next week like most plots.

>The one who is questioning Kakuranger is you, not me. I mentioned its 2 episodes long to show that it isn't as important on a 50 episode show. You just connected two things that lasted 2 episodes in your head. If 2 episodes make a character good then pretty much every ranger ever is.

You said that Jiraiya got more plot relevance than Ako and brought up his actor getting better at Japanese to try and supplement his character.
>>
>>15849241
>I like how you're trying to say someone else can't read when you spent over half the thread saying that villains had nothing to do with the argument.
They had nothing to do with a specific line of conversation that started in the cited post where we talked about the team members that I bothered to quote for you and you didn't bother to read. The rangers aren't the villains.

"started with" = the idea that started the line of argument
"right after" = the sentence that had that idea was after another, because its not the first sentence in the thread.

Context makes it obvious to a person that can read. Not you clearly.

>It's relevant to his character arc.
That you haven't talked about.

>You said that Jiraiya got more plot relevance than Ako and brought up his actor getting better at Japanese to try and supplement his character.
That's a completely different line of argument. I brought up that Ako's arc lasted two episodes because you brought it up as something that proves her relevant to the whole plot. Jiraiya had nothing to do with it. That line stopped when you said "I see you're done".
>>
>>15849253
>They had nothing to do with a specific line of conversation that started in the cited post where we talked about the team members that I bothered to quote for you and you didn't bother to read. The rangers aren't the villains.
The conversation was always about rangers and villains

>"started with" = the idea that started the line of argument
"right after" = the sentence that had that idea was after another, because its not the first sentence in the thread.
The Dairangers were used as an example

>That you haven't talked about.
Then what did you think we were talking about?

>That's a completely different line of argument
It's the same thing I've been talking about this whole time. You're just lost.

>I brought up that Ako's arc lasted two episodes because you brought it up as something that proves her relevant to the whole plot.
See, you're lost.
>>
>>15849276
>The conversation was always about rangers and villains
The conversation has more than one line. That was about rangers.

>The Dairangers were used as an example
So? The Dairangers are still a sentai team like every other sentai team.

>Then what did you think we were talking about?
If you think "mentions this thing twice" is a plot relevant character arc then every sentai ranger is good.

>You're just lost.
Nigga, you are the one who mixed two lines of argument...twice. I even clarified when it died to avoid further confusion. What else do you need?

>See, you're lost.
You're just gonna meme this?
>>
>>15849283
>The conversation has more than one line. That was about rangers.
But I was always talking about villains too. You ignored villains for over half the thread despite me constantly bringing them up

>So? The Dairangers are still a sentai team like every other sentai team.
I said most sentai gave other members something to do and used Dairanger as an example.

>If you think "mentions this thing twice" is a plot relevant character arc then every sentai ranger is good.
It was relevant to the team. Not the overall plot of the show but it effected their dynamic and was apart of the huge fight they had. It was relevant to his overall character and didn't disappear after one episode

>Nigga, you are the one who mixed two lines of argument...twice. I even clarified when it died to avoid further confusion. What else do you need?
It's all one argument

>You're just gonna meme this?
You've been memeing all thread
>/ssg/ said that!
>top kek!
>>
>>15849289
> You ignored villains for over half the thread despite me constantly bringing them up
I only ignored villains on a line of conversation that wasn't about them and on another line that was and I conceded. Conversations have more than one lines as seen in the fact that you're replying to them yourself.

>I said most sentai gave other members something to do and used Dairanger as an example.
>members

>it effected their dynamic and was apart of the huge fight they had.
Yet the best thing you could come up with was it being mentioned.

>It's all one argument
No and the fact that you think it is makes me feel like an idiot for dedicating time to a person that can only think about one thing at a time.

>You've been memeing all thread
I stopped mentioning /ssg/ after a few posts as anyone who bothered reading said posts would know. That requires the person to be able to read though.
>>
>>15849299
>I only ignored villains on a line
No you ignored them most of the thread

>members
Mhm?

>Yet the best thing you could come up with was it being mentioned.
And effecting the characters, his actions and being discussed

>No and the fact that you think it is makes me feel like an idiot for dedicating time to a person that can only think about one thing at a time.
It's all apart of one argument

>I stopped mentioning /ssg/ after a few posts as anyone who bothered reading said posts would know. That requires the person to be able to read though.
You still memed and then accused me of doing it
>>
>>15849231
Don't know why this needs to be reminded. Outside of this thread, I don't think you'll find many holding out for it.
>>
>>15847669
I actually like the first three to a certain extent (with Dairanger being my absolute fav). Yet to see Ohranger but given the negative response I still kinda dread it.
>>
>>15849417
It's sentai they're all the same fucking show. Jesus what is with you guys acting like there's an actual significant difference between them? Just shut your brain off and have fun even toddlers know how to do it.
>>
>>15849465
>Bioman is the same show as Carranger
Nah.
>>
>>15849465
Have you SEEN Megaranger? It was legit bad.
>>
>>15850388
Fuck off Shark.
>>
>>15849465
>It's sentai they're all the same fucking show.
>Maskman and Hurricanger are the same thing,
>Kyuranger and JAKQ are the same thing.

I'm kinda on board on the idea of shutting your brain off while watching something though.
>>
>>15850388
Megaranger wasn't that bad
In Space blows it out of the fucking water desu
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.