[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spontaneous Gihren's Greed thread, why not? Currently in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: help.jpg (189KB, 973x553px) Image search: [Google]
help.jpg
189KB, 973x553px
Spontaneous Gihren's Greed thread, why not? Currently in the midst of a Zeon campaign, and conquered the entirety of the EF earth-wise aside from England and Jaburo, of which they stuffed half of their entire 200-unit limit into the former. Whoops. And, also accidentally said no to Newtypes.
>>
>>15847508

DId you invest into the MS igloo units, namely the Ze'gok, or the develop the Appsalus II? Those two units are fantastic for base clearing once you knock out most of the Federation air and naval support.

In your current situation, i'd recommend having your main ground forces fall back, have a naval unit hold the Federaiton in position until you can hit-and-run them down with Z'goks or Hygoggs, or get your hands on the Ze'gok or Appsalus II.

Once you take Belfast, you should have the remainder of your ground forces head out to secure Jaburo from the south, and maybe a small unit to guard the north of the base. Any surviving Naval units should also be send to plug the oceanic tile next to Jaburo.

The loss of newtypes is unfortunate, but you will have a chance later on to gain some [in the Zeta/ZZ period namely]. You should be able to take Luna II as long as you have good mobile suit and/or Big Zam support.
>>
How playable is this for someone who cant read moonspeak? also what system ?
>>
>>15847539

[Blood of Zeon] PS1, PSP
Difficulty to play without knowing language: 6/10
[Menance of Axis V]: PSP, PS2
Difficulty to play without knowing language: 5/10
[Independence of Space]: PS2
Difficluty to play without knowing language: 9/10
[Shin Gihrens Greed]: PSP
Difficulty to play without knowing language: 7/10
[Gihrens Amibtion]: Saturn
Difficluty to play without knowing language: 6/10

If you are a newcomer to the series, Menance of Axis is a great place to start. I'd say it may take you about an hour to get the menu's down with a little hunting and pecking.

Order to play series in: [Menance of Axis]-[Blood of Zeon]- [Shin Gihren] - [Gihrens Ambition] - [Independence of Space]
>>
File: oh hello.jpg (172KB, 975x541px) Image search: [Google]
oh hello.jpg
172KB, 975x541px
>>15847524
I've been accepting all the IGLOO events, so yes. Admittedly, mixed production is a bit hard given my initial strategy was blitzing the Federation so fast with plane-Zakus that they were stretched too thin to do a thing, but given it took like, a dozen turns to then move through all the White Base events they had time to turn Belfast and Jaburo into fortresses.

As for the eventual assault on Luna II, I already have, like, five Big Zams, and while I forget about pilots half the time, I need to remember to take Dozle out of his shitty Command Zaku for one of them.

>>15847539
Pretty easy after some fiddling with which menus or commands are what. The version I'm playing is on the PSP.
>>
File: tumblr_njvsrkav6f1qc3nl6o1_500.gif (1MB, 500x468px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_njvsrkav6f1qc3nl6o1_500.gif
1MB, 500x468px
>>15847546
Thank you, kind sir.
>>
>>15847550
The Dodai/Zaku combo is a sound move early game, great for mopping up pesky Type-61 and Tin Cod remnants gaurding the outskirts of Africa and South East Asia. Sadily, unlike the Federation campaign, you can't completely blitz until story events end. The good news is that your army is sizeable and healthy looking enough for the eventual strike on Jaburo, it would be a waste to feed them into the cluster fuck at reinforced Belfast right now.

I would recommend getting development started on the Ze'gok though, not only is it a great OYW Map blitzer unit, but you can convert damaged Z'goks into them, making them great tactical WMD's to throw at the Federation. The Appsalus is also a great option, just make sure to stop at the Appsalus II.

What turn out of the 100 are you on currently?
>>
>>15847553
You are welcome, always nice to see others testing the series out for themselves. It can be a little daunting at first, but it eventually becomes as easy as naviaging the menu's from SRW or the G Generation games. [Except Indepdence of Space, balancing tax's in a foreign language is an utter bitch, along with managing vacations for troops and bribes for Congress and Senate...]
>>
>>15847560
Pretty much the only reason I'm trying to take it is so I can focus solely on Jaburo, given I've had to split the land army in two halves to keep either base from breaking out and taking territory back.

So, painful as it might be, I'm throwing as much as I can into the grinder, both so I can siege Jaburo in full, and so I can get rid of my bloated unit limit, those 14 Doms I have on the coast? Those are the only Doms I have at all, because I have too many fucking Zakus and Goufs to build anything else unless I scrap them. As for turn, about 40 or so?
>>
>>15847578

Unfortunatly most of those Goufs will be useless in the later portions of the war, best to either send them into battle, or to just scrap them for resources after the battle.

The Zaku's can be converted into the F2, and eventually FZ model, returning some of their ability to the battlefield. [Note: If you have any spare Zaku IIC's, keep them intact. They get a rather nifty little bonus before the Luna II invasion]

Just a little bit of advice, once you make it to Jaburo, have some Big Zam support clear out most of the chaff from the south end of Jaburo, the send in the remainder of your ground forces to mop up about all of the survivors, save for maybe 1 or 2 units. While you control the entire planet, try to harvest as much money and resources to get you funded for the second act of the game, along with getting plenty of late OYW tech for the conflict ready.

As for your alignment, just be careful about keeping it above 500. If you don't, you will have another war to fight outside of the Federation.
>>
Holy crap this is a daunting wall of moon runes, i take it no one ever made english patched isos for any of these?
>>
>>15847589
The whole reason is simply the pain of using carriers for Doms, when in comparison with just a quick upgrade Goufs are air-mobile. Though, yes, I already plan to scrap most of the survivors to start producing higher-quality MS.

And, yeah, I've already been doing my best to downplay the whole 'Astro-Fascist' deal for the most part. If anything, the Federation were the ones who occupied Side 6 for about ten turns .
>>
>>15847632
Unfortunately not, no. As mentioned, menus and all that become easy enough to remember, but it's definitely a problem to realize what event is which.

The whole reason I turned down Newtypes by accident was because it happened during the same time as the shit with Ramba Ral, so the second I saw Kycillia I assumed it was the event about him asking for Doms, forgetting that, oh right, she was the one who pushed for space psychics.
>>
>>15847632
There's a dude attempt to try this.
He made some progress, but he went MIA.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/gundam-ghirens-greed-translation.443718/
>>
File: mal36s.png (359KB, 1599x851px) Image search: [Google]
mal36s.png
359KB, 1599x851px
>>15847757
I hope he comes back
>>
Almost done with Casval's Neo Zeon campaign. The early and middle was the most frustratingly hard thing I've done in the game yet (playing on hard), You're just so far behind in research to start with and holding America is damn near impossible. Around turn 70 I got the white base crew to join me though and now I have two deathstacks that are rolling pretty much unopposed over eurasia. India's the only hurdle, there's about 90 zeeks piled up there and like 50 feddies at their doorstep. After this I think I'll try Axis Zeon. Seems like another fun hard mode run.
To anyone attempting the Casval campaign, don't give a shit about earth until you've effectively conquered space and corralled loyalist Zeon into Side 3. A two front war is next to impossible with the territory and technology disadvantage you start with. The best you can hope for is holding onto California or New York alone.
>>
>>15848194
Axis is a true test of your ability to build up from nothing. Your starting army is almost completely obsolete, you have no territory, and you're potentially facing a war on two fronts against vastly superior forces. Even if you do sign nonaggression with the AEUG, you're virtually guaranteed to have to face the Psyco Mk II at least twice before the Titans are dead, and that early in the game the only unit you can produce that can hurt it is the Gelgoog Marine. And then you start all over again when you get Gryps'd.
On the plus side you only have one map to worry about for a while, and Haman never gets tied up in events like a lot of top-tier pilots do.
>>
>>15848298
Sounds like a good time. I should have enough clears after I finish this run to pick up Jewdough as well, which should be pretty fun.
Also it's funny and also kind of sad that Fraw stays with the EFF in Casval's campaign when literally every other white base crewmember joins you. I was surprised to see her defending Hawaii in a FAG.
>>
>>15848298

Axis is a bit tough for beginners, but it does give you plenty of way to deal with the Titans horde and gives you the options to stay out of conflict with the AEUG for a bit.

[Axis walkthough]

Step 1: Sell all Papua-classes vessels for extra income.
Step 2: Start development on about two Big Zams to start, they can be used for the mop up units at the colonies.
Step 3: If you are fighting a Psycho Gundam Mark II, try to have all of your shell weaponory based units attack from a distance while a decoy unit takes the brunt of the damage. Getting the Zssa speeds up this process quite quickly.

Step 4. Try to level up Haman and Illia as much as you can before the arrival of the Qubeley, these two can bring out the units newtype abilities to do some real damage to Scirroco's forces.

[Note: Mashymere, Glemy, and 4 other pilots will leave to overtake Side 1 in the ZZ events, even if you decline, they will not return for a while.]

Step 5. When invading Gryps 2, make sure to only send a small scout team to start with, the AEUGs colony laser weapon will destroy 30% of both your, and the Titans forces. After the laser fires, hold your ground until the next turn, then rush the majority of your army into the base, while also guarding your now attackable borders with AEUG.

Step 6. Do not maintain the alliance with AEUG, you will get the A New Translation gameover if you do. Get ready for war though, you will be nearly out gunned and outnumber 3-to-1.
>>
Anybody have an ISO for either of the PS2 games? I've already played the hell out of the Saturn and PSX ones and want to try something new, but PPSSPP is too slow on my toaster. Every supposed link I find online to the PS2 MoA ends up being the PSP version
>>
File: ULJS00178_00001.png (393KB, 1275x725px) Image search: [Google]
ULJS00178_00001.png
393KB, 1275x725px
Okay, so I captured the two little areas next to my base. So how do I advance onto the next areas that are in front of them? everytime I try to move my units from those circles to the blue bases in front of them, the game won't let me.
>>
>>15849948
Ah, I assume you decided against going to meet Jamitov when it was prompted on turn 3? If you chose not to accept the invitation, you would have to pay 5k capital in the planning menu to attack the Gate of Zedan. Given how much time has passed and how fortified the Titans must be at this point, i'd recommend restarting your game and choosing to meet with Jamitov.

For all future invasion, you need to pay for the invasion plan, which can be found in the second to last menu, usually costing from 5k to 3k capital each. Invading an enemy capital once you take over every other position will cost 10k capital to do.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.