[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>four gods Why is this a criminally underused motif for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: 1483434968696.png (15KB, 430x113px) Image search: [Google]
1483434968696.png
15KB, 430x113px
>four gods

Why is this a criminally underused motif for mecha? All I can think of is:

>Dairanger
>RyuKoOh and KoRyuOh
>>
>>15847457
There was a four king/gods thing at the end of New Getter Robo
>>
>>15847538
I was thinking that too. There's also the four holy beasts in Digimon, the four generals serving under the Spiral King in TTGL,
>>
File: 4 Gods.jpg (121KB, 971x729px) Image search: [Google]
4 Gods.jpg
121KB, 971x729px
>>
They were a recurring theme in Abenobashi, but I don't think they had much going on in the sci-fi/mecha episode.
>>
There's the four kings in G Gundam
>>
They're not underused in mecha, they're criminally overused in other genres.
>>
Soulgain has attacks named afted them.

>>15847538
That was the Four Heavenly Kings - Bishamon-ten, Zouchou-ten, Jikoku-ten and Koumoku-ten.

Who entered the language as an idiom, meaning that every group of four strong or talented people is referred to as "The Four Heavenly Kings" and most other uses of the name aren't worth mentioning.
>>
I actually have a concept for a super robot that can combine with different support vehicles, with the 4 combinations based off of the 4 gods.
>Aerial frame - Vermillion Bird - Weapon: Jian
>Artillery frame - Tiger - Weapon: Gun
>Armor frame - Turtle - Weapon: Qiang
>Underwater frame - Dragon - Weapon: Dao
Apart from the first one (and armor=turtle of course), I haven't finalized which god and weapon should match up with each frame.
>>
>>15849904
Fold artillery with armor and make Tiger some kind of maniac-fast/gun-fu/burst speed frame?
>>
You know what's better than four gods? Seven samurai.
>>
>>15849999
I dunno, KoRyuOh's a little cooler than Samura 7.
>>
>>15847538
Came in here just to mention those guys and how shoehorned in they felt. Like they were good, but kinda out of left field.
>>
File: Zouchou.png (35KB, 346x392px) Image search: [Google]
Zouchou.png
35KB, 346x392px
>>15849887
>That was the Four Heavenly Kings - Bishamon-ten, Zouchou-ten, Jikoku-ten and Koumoku-ten.
That's why they were? I never noticed because I'm so used to the SMT design where they all look like a combination of a warrior and a demon.
>>
>>15850829
that's who*
>>
File: Source.png (62KB, 307x512px) Image search: [Google]
Source.png
62KB, 307x512px
>>15850829
I did a double-take when I went back to New Getter and realized that I recognized who their leader was now.
>>
>>15847457
Does Romance of Three Kingdoms: Gundam Edition count? IIRC they assigned the Turtle to Lu Bu.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.