[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was the original Tekkaman doomed from the start? Would it still

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: ninjastarvoltekka.gif (2MB, 450x290px) Image search: [Google]
ninjastarvoltekka.gif
2MB, 450x290px
Was the original Tekkaman doomed from the start? Would it still have been shit even if it had the funding to continue up to 50 episodes? It's pretty sad seeing how all the Waldastar space fights animation sequences got reused for the entirety of the show up to the final episode with almost ZERO (and I'm only saying "almost" to account for maybe a shot or two I missed) new animations, the ground fights were terrible and short as well. Characters were stupid and boring as hell (Johji is such a retard, and Hiromi was mentally stunted at the age of 5. Andro was pretty much the only rational character in the show), and the villains never felt even the least bit threatening.

The one appeal in a children's 70's /m/ animu is action, and they couldn't get that right. I wonder, does this mean Tekkaman Blade is a fantastic remake, or that any remake of any quality would have looked amazing relative to the original?
>>
>>15842811
Tekkaman Blade was shit lad
>>
>>15842811
>I'm /y/ning this hard
Still better than the likes of Active Raid and Skull Man in every way.
>>
>>15842814
Most people I know who watched it think otherwise, but eh, different strokes for different folks. Definitely a million times better than Tekkaman The Space Knight though.
>>
>>15842820
kindly eat your own mouth
>>
>>15842819
>it's old so it has to be good
Even if you find Tekkaman TSK appealing, there are things about it which were OBJECTIVELY bad, like constantly reusing 1 set of animation sequences for all space fight scenes (sometimes in the same order too too). The broken bits of animation, the fact that characters sometime talk without their lips moving, etc. This is not something you can argue against. If you like the original DESPITE it's flaws, which you have to acknowledge, then that's a totally different matter.
>>
>>15842839
Your ninja-star-forehead-toy won't make me.
>>
>>15842844
Most of those are not "muh objective", the only real problem with Tekkaman was the cliffhanger ending, lets be honest.
>>
File: tekbl_05_int1.jpg (532KB, 1860x1786px) Image search: [Google]
tekbl_05_int1.jpg
532KB, 1860x1786px
>>15842814

It certainly looked like shit at lot because of the constant crappy animation, but the story was pretty good, and had it's own badass moments... Only if their budget had been higher... And had more Obari...

We all know that he can do wonders if he puts his mind and time to it.
>>
>>15842844
>like constantly reusing 1 set of animation sequences for all space fight scenes (sometimes in the same order too too)
Didn't happen nearly as much as you're over-exaggerating, but it's a trait of early Tatsunoko shows. Original Casshern had a lot of recycled fight animations, for example. But what animations we got were great, better than anything we got in Blade.

I enjoyed the original Tekkaman more than Blade though, Blade was just abrasive and unenjoyable. Tekkaman, while weak, was enjoyable for what it was.
>>
>>15842858
I thought Obari only drew/animated the two openings of Blade.
>>
>>15842859
Bro, I literally just finished watching TSK, and kept my eyes peeled for the animation since episode 1. I assure you, all the Waldastar space fight sequences were recycled for the rest of the series with no variation. I wish I was exaggerating, 'cause I really wanted to like the original, I went in with a very positive attitude, and left very disappointed.
>>
>>15842879

These shows were not designed to be bing watched. 1 episode per week man, 1 episode per week and the re-used animation is a false problem. You simply forget about it. Of course if you race through all the 25 episodes in a couple of hours nonstop the reused animation will jump at you and tear your head off.
>>
>>15842918
I understand that watching it all at once makes that issue even more glaring, but even at a weekly pace, it shouldn't this repetitive, it would actually even be more of a disservice to the fans who anticipate watching the next episode for 6 days every week. I understand that's it's a 70's serial anime, and they usually suffered in the animation department due to time constraint, budget problems, etc. But laziness on the animators' part was definitely a big problem here as well. Some of Tatsunoko's older series, which had the same issues as TSK, didn't flop the animation like this.
>>
>>15842918
>trying to make an excuse for re-used animation
Why?
>>15842814
I see no reesoon to call it shit. Maybe underwhelming at times but not all that bad
>>
>>15842945

I won't defend Tekkaman even though I have the complete dvd version. It's a substandard show even for its time. Casshern or Hurricane Polymar are way better shows and they were done more or less done around the same time Tekkaman was. And yeah, the re-use of animation in Tekkaman is painful. That, the stupid characters and a cliffhanger non-ending just killed the show.
>>
>>15842878

He did... But one of the better animation studios used his variation on the designs for their style.

Like the Voltekker scene they reused a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eARbEUqJeJ4
>>
>>15842952
Yeah, you're right. There should never be any re-used animation in anything ever, no matter what the circumstances are.
>>
>>15842979
Reusing SOME animation sequences is fine, but only conservatively and under reasonable circumstances, not for a whole show's length.
>>
Well so long as we all agree Andro was the best character.
>>
>>15843134
Of course, but ony because the rest were terribe.
>>
It's definately weaker than Casshern, but it's still pretty good for what it is. Most old shows resuse animation all the time anyway, there not much point singling out Tekkaman for it.
>>
>>15843560
I'm gonna be honest, being voiced by Yasuo Yamada is probably why I liked him so much.
>>
>>15842811
Tekkaman is Tatsunoko's weakest series, even as a concept alone.
>>
>>15842811
>The one appeal in a children's 70's /m/ animu is action
That's not true. In fact I enjoy Tekkaman largely from the surreal visuals it has.
>>
>>15845610
>even as a concept alone.

I dunno. Defending an Earth that's already doomed from the outset was pretty ballsy for kid's show in 1975.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.