[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best Gundam series? I was going to start with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

What's the best Gundam series?
I was going to start with Wing, but the art feels really dated.

Which Gundam series was it where that chick with orange hair was naked taking a bath in some spring in the jungle?
>>
08th MS Team is the one with orange hair.
About where to start give a look to The Origin, it's really short and has beautiful animation.
>>
>>15833564
>What's the best Gundam series?

well that's really a matter of personal opinion based on a lot of factors.

>Which Gundam series was it where that chick with orange hair was naked taking a bath in some spring in the jungle?

08th team. Her name is Kiki.
>>
>>15833571
>>15833572
>08th MS Team
Alright, cool. Thanks, anons.
Guess I'll go give that one a shot.
>>
File: DendrobiumConverge 002.jpg (792KB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
DendrobiumConverge 002.jpg
792KB, 2304x1728px
>>15833564

>>
>>15833564
>I was going to start with Wing, but the art feels really dated.
Wow, you are in for some serous culture shock if you think THAT looks dated.
>>
>>15833578
>Guess I'll go give that one a shot.

Good a place as any. It's short out of the way and doesn't rely on cannon as much as something like 0083 does.

It's just, "war. robots. and go"
>>
>>15833585
Too bad the rest of Wing will never look as good as this opening.

http://openings.moe/?video=Opening2b-MobileSuitGundamWing
>>
>>15833564
>starting with Wing
American, please
>>
Turn A is the best one for people with the IQ above 100
ie: not most Gundam fans
>>
I'll just list my favorites:
>Turn A Gundam
The best Gundam if you watch it without expecting lots of action. Beautiful art direction, characters that act fairly realistically to their situations, and a god tier OST.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2NkIJyRylw

>0080 War In The Pocket
God tier mech designs, short but devastating/satisfying action sequences, and it hits home the reality of war far better than any of the others did. Also it's only 6 episodes, and it shows an unusual light on the Zeon side.

>08th MS Team
Unusual angle of the MC not being some special newtype. They are all grunts, and it is grunt warfare. It is slightly marred by the tonal change with the love plot, but honestly I didn't mind. There are some stellar fights, the art is beautiful, and the plot satisfying.

>MSG: Zeta
Both a living sequel and a breathing entity of it's own right. It starts off a bit jarring, especially if you just finished 0079(Who the fuck are the Titans/AEUG, who is this autist Kamille?) but it really starts to level out fast. The characters are likable, and there is a real danger when you start to see any and all characters are equally vulnerable to death. Great designs, and a true classic.

Honorable mention to G Gundam, for being so different and absurd. Very fun watch.
>>
Idk if holiday shows are your thing, but 0080 is the best christmas show gundam has to offer.
>>
Been trying to get into Gundam but finding thr pacing really poor, and my time spent watching is wishing I'm watching something else. I'm still quite early in 0079, but does it pick up the pace?
>>
>>15833856
Watch the movie trilogy of 0079, saves you time.
>>
>>15833859
I've heard the movie trilogy is a poor way to get into it though
>>
>>15833860
Not the anon you are reply too...but my 2 cents:

It depends on what you are after. If you want the 100% no shit get every reference experience...then yes, watch 0079.

But also recognize when it was released. It was one of the first of its kind as far as not being a super mega whacky robot that kills aliens. It was a war drama, that almost failed incidentally.

I say, watch the movies then proceed. Once you have a deeper love for the series, you can go back and get the extra bits that the movies left out.

On their own, the movies are fine. But you don't want to get stuck/discouraged from 80% of the universe because you started eating the spinach first. Let your taste buds develop and realize how good it is for you.
>>
>>15833860
Wrong.
If you don't like 0079, you could watch The Origin.
>>
>>15833867
Honestly the scenes that the movie left out weren't that important actually, the movies fill the gaps with new animation and extended events of the important parts (A Baou Qu)
>>
>I'm a new viewer, and not super excited about the old shit guide:

Watch in this order:
>0079 Movie Trilogy -> 08th MS Team -> 0080: War In The Pocket -> 0083: Stardust Memories -> small break from mecha -> Zeta Gundam -> small break optional to break the enormous tonal change, maybe Thunderbolt works. -> ZZ Gundam -> Char's Counter Attack -> Unicorn

The movie trilogy lays the foundations, the OVAs will give you an excellent brick structure to hold you over when you have to get through some of the slower/boring bits, and breaking up Zeta/ZZ will eliminate 99% of the issues people have. Also, try to enjoy each thing as they are and not in anticipation for the next. Zeta is impressive to me in what they bring to life with the animation techniques that they had. Each scene feels like they tried to breath life and use bold techniques.
>>
>>15833856
It sounds like you'd rather be doing something else so maybe go and do that then come back to 0079 at a later point, if you're still interested in it.

The only reward you get out of these shows is your entertainment. There is legitimately no reason to rush and hurry anything to completion.

Let it be about the journey, not the destination.
>>
>>15833564
00 No contest
>>
>>15833564
Victory Gundam
>>
>>15833867
Gundam is not the first war drama with giant robots
>>
>>15833564
0079, nothing tops that
>>
>>15833583
PATRICIAN
>>
>>15833873
The plot changes aren't a huge deal, but the movies do miss out on a solid amount of character development. I'd certainly still recommend watching them if someone's having trouble getting into the series; it worked for me when I was in that situation.
>>
>>15833564
dont be a faggot and start like everyone did; with 0079

>>15833578
how about you dont because 08th ms team is fucking terrible
>>
>>15840891
Nothing tops 0079 except pretty much every other mecha series
Gundam is and has always been shit, but because it was newfags like yours first exposure to anime you have nostalgia goggles
>>
Reminder that Kiki gets murderfucked by Feddies in the novel.

>>15844799
Back to your containment thread.
>>
>>15833564
The only correct way is production order. Anything else, and you're a faggot.
>>
>>15837960
Try harder.

>>15845139
This. Though I also suggest trying an episode or two of different AU and seeing for yourself what's your type of Gundam

The best Gundam? Probably G as "best package" deal. I personally prefer first half of Wing, since it's the most exciting Gundam for me. Shame about rest of the show, though...
>>
>>15845136
That's a damn lie. She killed herself by biting her own tongue.
>>
>>15845572
>spoiler
Well, yeah, specifically. But what led to her death was the incessant raping (which continued until after she was dead)
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.