[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your opinion on Robotech? I'm thinking about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

What's your opinion on Robotech?

I'm thinking about watching it for its relative importance in introducing a lot of people in the US to not only mecha but anime in general.
>>
You should really just watch Macross unless you really wanna be introduced to Southern Cross and Mospeda too.
>>
>>15831673
If you want to watch quintessential US anime, you should be watching Sailor Moon and DBZ instead.

If you've never seen Macross, just watch that.
>>
>>15831678

It might be interesting to see how they tied three completely unrelated shows together. Some friends hae told me that despite Macross itself being better than Robotech, SC and Mospeada aren't really that interesting on their own, but when tied to the overall plot of Robotech they're kinda fun to watch, as an on-going multi-generational story.
>>
>>15831686
Let's entertain this derail for a second:

If I were in the mood for fighting shonen and willing to give DBZ a chance for once... should I watch the original Dragonball first?

Or can I just passively figure out the lore via FighterZ when it comes out?
>>
>>15831673
>>
>>15831691
I'll admit that this is what initially got me into Robotech as a kid. Just know that no matter how interesting that aspect gets, Macross is still better.
>>
>>15831693
Watch the original DB first. It's a great show.

>>15831673
Just watch the individual shows subbed and read the Robotech novels if you want to see how it gets tied together.
>>
>>15831699
The novels are pretty much a continuity to their own, and are mostly bad even though rose tinted glasses.
>>
AND
>>
>>15831691
>Some friends hae told me that despite Macross itself being better than Robotech, SC and Mospeada aren't really that interesting on their own,

Your "friends" are talking shit.
Southern Cross is mighty interesting on its own. And makes sense, which can't be said for the american version.
As for Mospeada, just as for Southern Cross it's a pretty good post apocalyptic story. The Robotech version is just meh.
In other terms, watch the 3 original shows and look at Robotech only is you're fucking desperate. Robotech has absolutely no value in this day and age and it'll make you hate with a vengence Southern Cross, Mospeada and the Voice-over narrator.
>>
>>15831750

Haha, alright, alright, you've convinced me. I'll give the original shows a chance.
>>
>>15831686
Why don't you watch Astro Boy and other older anime airing in US instead of Sailor Moon and DBZ?
>>
Macross >POWER GAP > shit > mospeada > POWER GAP > southern cross > robotech
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.