[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on this OVA (i.e. "retweaked" character and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Dagwon OVA.jpg (100KB, 360x505px) Image search: [Google]
Dagwon OVA.jpg
100KB, 360x505px
Thoughts on this OVA (i.e. "retweaked" character and Dagtector designs)?
>>
>>15827344

looks gay. reminds me of Reideen the gay one.
>>
>>15827344
>Thoughts on this OVA

It's one of the worst pieces of swill I've ever seen. Not only is it a fucking terrible OVA with an absolutely fucking stupid plot, it has literally 0 mecha action at all, and the updated armored human forms spend the entire time getting the fucking shit kicked out of them by random drones.

Before you ask, yes, the robots show up at the very end. They don't DO ANYTHING though - the Dag forms turn into that big Crystal Dagwon thing and then it walks forward a little.
>>
File: Final Dagwon.png (286KB, 422x636px) Image search: [Google]
Final Dagwon.png
286KB, 422x636px
>>15827679
Ah yes, this form which is nearly completely "grayscale" in color except having Fire Dagwon's red helmet and having less than 3 minutes of screentime.
>>
It felt really disjointed compared to the series, barely any mech action and the plot was kinda tepid in execution. The Dagwon redesigns were nice but barely enough time to develop why they're different. I really wanted to see them in action besides quick flashes a good deal of the run time. So I'd say C+ at best and D- at worst. It should of been longer by making it about 4 episodes and better writing, if that makes sense.
>>
Suffers from the usual "let's make it more mature than the TV series and also toss out everything that made it remarkable - oh and the mechs only make a cameo near the end, if at all" issues that quite a few tie-in OVAs had.
>>
>>15828113
>>15828119
Personally speaking, would you say this OVA has more problems/weaker than GaoGaiGar Final, he other Brave OVA sequel that that has similar flaws from the Dagwon OVA?
>>
>>15828130
At least GGG Final had mecha action. the Dagwon OVA, from what I remembered, only camr to be to appease the fangirls, hence no mechas until the end and even then, it was useless.
>>
>>15828119
Except Iron Leaguer, which somehow managed to make a perfectly fine OVA sequel (if not a particularly great one).
>>
File: dagwondoujinshi3.jpg (313KB, 700x1051px) Image search: [Google]
dagwondoujinshi3.jpg
313KB, 700x1051px
>>15828154
>>
>>15828706
Which is interesting, since Sho Aikawa wrote that one. Then again, you either get good stuff or complete shit when he is involved.

>>15828119
What about Raijin-Oh's? Seems a bit too kiddy for that.
>>
>>15828732
Raijin-oh's OVAs were great. The concept of the OVAs was around an imaginary second season and the episodes were basically that.
>>
>>15828738
Also, one of them had this lovely thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn3zUfp4jTs
>>
>>15828706
>>15828732
Not all of them of course but then you have stuff like Borgman Lover's Rain, Wataru the Never Ending Tale of Time, the Godmars OVA, the second Ryu Knight OVA, the Machine Robo OVAs, Zillion Burning Night, Granzort Bouken-hen, etc.
>>
>>15828817
And Tales of Neo Byston Well too.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.