[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /m/ Russia is planning to develop its own powered exoske

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 10

File: Ratnik-3-600x400.jpg (227KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Ratnik-3-600x400.jpg
227KB, 600x400px
Hey /m/ Russia is planning to develop its own powered exoskeleton.
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/08/28/army-2017-update-russian-ratnik-3-equipment/
Its only conceptual for now and I think the U.S. is farther in the powered armor game.
>>
mecha-ww3 when
>>
>>15826330
Only trigger-happy psychopaths actually want war to happen. Just be happy with your cartoons and video games, Timmy.
>>
>>15826330
God I hope never. We'd destroy ourselves into the fucking stone age with weapons as it is.
>>
>>15826594
>>15826533
C'MON ANON, GIVE WAR A CHANCE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SevR3wSypQ8
>>
File: 1492516612535.jpg (215KB, 912x801px) Image search: [Google]
1492516612535.jpg
215KB, 912x801px
>>15826064
They`ve allready fielded "passive" unpowered exoskeletons in Syria. Loooks like the tests were quite successfull.
>>
File: 1503939677188.jpg (540KB, 1620x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1503939677188.jpg
540KB, 1620x2160px
>>15827675
The thing on his back is portable jammer station, to prevent radio-detonation of IED`s. It weight ~ 40 kilograms. The exoskeleton isn`t giving strength, or speed. But transfers the pressure not to your spine, but directly to the ground.
>>
Russia can't afford anything good in meaningful quantities. It's all for propaganda.
>>
>>15827818
This.
Get ready for massive amounts of hype from RT. before they quietly shelve the program.
Just look at what happened to the Su-57 (only 12 units ordered), or the AK-12 (downgraded into an AK-74M with extra rails)
>>
>>15827675
>>15827678
I'm guessing sixty to one hundred years from now we'd have something like MA.k units.
>>15828196
I remember the AK-12 but I didn't they just redressed AK-74Ms. Is that russian policy? Design something expensive and advanced and use something cheaper?
>>
>>15829199
Its really a case of bad timing and/or luck for the Russians. They start these programs to get cutting edge equipment that can equal if not surpass their western counterparts, but just as they're late in the prototype phase and getting ready to go into mass production their economy shits the bed, they can only produce a handful of stuff to give to their best units, and everyone else is stuck with upgrades to older equipment assuming they're lucky enough to get that.

Its not just their equipment either. Russia was planning to reform the structure of their military to move away from the conscript centered and top heavy doctrine they're had since the USSR and have a fully professional military like most everyone else has. Then, again, their economy shat the bed and once again they're stuck with a conscript-centered military with an over reliance on officers.
>>
I thought America was making one too? What was that project talos did Obabo was.talking about?
>>
>>15829199
AK-12 isn`t that wide-spread. Largest part of the army is equipped with AK-105 (which is commonly misidentified as AKM or AK-74). Some not directly involved on firefights units (like combat engineer on the first pic) may use even older AK-74 versions.
>>
File: IMG_4672.jpg (1MB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4672.jpg
1MB, 1936x2592px
>>15830480
The American Revision one actually has a working proof of concept while the Russian one is just a prop mockup
>>
File: AK105_74M_Left01.jpg (1MB, 1600x1063px) Image search: [Google]
AK105_74M_Left01.jpg
1MB, 1600x1063px
>>15830491
You're full of shit. AK-74M is still the standard issue rifle for most of the Army. The 105 has a distinct gas block/front sight post and shorter barrel and is typically seen in the hands of some Internal Troops

AK-12 just finished Army trials, but has not formally been adopted yet so no one really has them. Even the SSO units deployed to Syria still use riced out AKs which honestly isn't that far off from the current iteration of the AK-12
>>
>>15827818
>>15828196
I remember about... what, 2, 3 years ago now? There was a thread about this Russian drone tank thing that had this big, long propaganda video showing off its capabilities, in a clearly American city against clearly American tanks and other vehicles, with CGI that made it look like a bargain bin PS2 game.

This supposed powered exoskeleton looks just shoddy enough that it could stand as one of the grunts in that bargain bin game. So at least Russia's being consistent.
>>
>>15830642
Just wonder where you are getting that bulshit from. For example MVD (internal affairs) are using AK-105 as a standard issue.
>>
>>15828196
Su-57, 12 limited run production models ordered for army trials. Ful scale production order, is still 200 units. AK-12 in an early version was vastly inferior to AEK competitor, so it was upgraded (not downgraded, dumbass) to provide adequate accuracy and reliability.
>>
>>15830635
Russia has unpowered one field-tested and well-used allready. See this:
>>15827675
USA - isn`t.
>>
File: 9303652_original.jpg (176KB, 1100x880px) Image search: [Google]
9303652_original.jpg
176KB, 1100x880px
>>15830660
>MVD
>Standard Issue
Their gear varies wildly depending on the unit/region. AK-105 is seen with them, but quite a few still use the 74

Most Army units deployed to Syria still use the 74M
>>
File: Ak12.jpg (1MB, 2250x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Ak12.jpg
1MB, 2250x1500px
>>15830665
I'm pretty sure getting rid of most of the improvements made during the previous AK-12 iterations does count as a "downgrade", my vatnik friend.
>no more ambidextrous fire selector
>no more improved magazine release
>no more reversible ejection port
>>
>>15826064
Some say that he rushes B while screaming Cyka Blyat, others say he's more machine than man, all I know is he's not the stig, he's the stigs Russian Cousin.
>>
>>15832275
>>Someone capable of reading and comprehending the data.
>> Vatnik.
Yeah, sure.
BTW, most russians don`t care about that "nickname", sprouted by stupid ukraineans. Since "vatnik" in russian is literally any winter coat with wadding-like insulator. Quite common and widely used in all cold regions around the world. What ukraineans call "vatnik" is more precisely called "telogreyka". Cheap (relatively) wadding-insulated winter coat, widely used during WW2 and afterwards. Still, that word means no offence to anyone, who remember that war.

As for AK-12, with all those "improuvements" in earlier AK-12 version, the 3 main characteristics namely, accuracy, reliability, ease of maintenance were inferior even to AK-74M. Russians don`t need the M-14, or, god forbid, M-16 to their forces. They need "more accurate AK". And early AK-12 was unfit to that role. Advancement to fit the desired role, called "upgrade", my burger friend. If sime secondary features were lost in the process... sad, but so be it.
>>
>>15833579
Is that why Russian special forces overwhelmingly buy American made firearm accessories, paid for out of their own pocket?
>>
>>15826064

we cant let the commies win
>>
>>15833579
So basically Russians are so incompetent that they are incapable of making a new rifle that works as well as a regular AK so they cancelled the old AK-12, bolted rails onto a 74 and called it a new rifle to fool everyone
>>
>>15840341
it worked for the M4
>>
PROTECT THE WORLD FROM THE ZONE, JOIN DUTY
>>
>>15840341
>>so they cancelled the old AK-12, bolted rails onto a 74 and called it a new rifle to fool everyone
Not exactly. AK-12 is more similar to 10x series AK than to AK-74. The whole mechanics is from AK-12 (AK-12 is NOT balanced automatic system by design, unlike AEK-971 or AN-94). Returning to an AK-74 style magazine attachment was made due to requirement to fit magazines from older AK-versions. Backward compartibility issue.
>>
>>15826064
>powered exoskeletons are quickly becoming a thing
>now all they need to do in 20 years is make the things bigger and we get mechs in military use
MUH DIK.
>>
>>15841787
mechs are never going to be a real thing
>>
>>15841787
Man...that's not how it works.
The thing with these mock ups and concepts is that technology right now is pretty good for very basic rudimentary exoskeletons. But if you look at the one GE made, it could have killed a person. This enhancement technology is actually pretty complicated since it has to take into account alot of factors. For example just taking a shit. Do you dismount or can you just remove the bottom part? Even a power source itself, how is it going to be powered?
>>
>>15840347
Because the AR15 is the pinnacle of firearms design.
>>15830665
>Ful scale production order, is still 200 units
That's fucking pathetic.
>>
>>15844115
>power armour
>shitting
Nene's had the answer for years!
>>
>>15844121
Is it diapers? I never really got to watch BBGC
>>15844119
I love how you guys went full /k/. If you think about it too, improving a slightly older model that worked is much cheaper than phasing into a new rifle program.
>>
File: 699465_original.jpg (185KB, 1600x1065px) Image search: [Google]
699465_original.jpg
185KB, 1600x1065px
>>15841782
Still an older rifle dressed up and re-designated to hide their own failures. I wonder how well the railed dustcover holds zero on magnified optics. The Galil Ace uses a sort of similar method to cinch it down, but it's been shown to wobble quite a bit while firing

Speaking of dressing up old shit as new shit, they've also dug up the old Dragunov MA short carbine design that competed against the AKS-74U back in the day and gave it a makeover to look like a SCAR. It actually looks like it might be promising, but probably will never be produced on a large scale
>>
>>15826064
Doesn't matter, won't go anywhere.

Russia can come up with as many concepts as they want, but they don't have the economy to finalize and mass produce them.

The US has the economy to support such concepts, but the military is cheap so it won't happen.
>>
>>15844119
>>Ful scale production order, is still 200 units
>>That's fucking pathetic.
F-22... 187 planes, minus those that crashed. Production stopped. THAT is fucking pathetic.
Russians don`t need F-35. They`ve allready got Su-30MKI which is more than effective in the same niche (fighting with gen 3-4 planes and ground/antiship runs). No, it isn`t stealthy, but do the same thing, with roughly the same efficiency. Only, 10 times cheaper. Su-57 isn`t needed in great numbers, since it isn`t intended to replace all fighters in Russia. And, unlike americans, russians hardly will stop the production completely.
>>15844133
>>I love how you guys went full /k/. If you think about it too, improving a slightly older model that worked is much cheaper than phasing into a new rifle program.
Not only cheaper, but it helps to blend the new gun in the whole army structure. From storage places in vehicles and ammunition, to new recruits training and visual identification. Changing all that over night cost money too. Much more money and efforts, then the new gun does. Like I said before, backward compartibility issue.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.