[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any 12ish episode /m/ shows worth watching? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: rsz_gundam_baseball_8396.png (109KB, 300x306px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_gundam_baseball_8396.png
109KB, 300x306px
Are there any 12ish episode /m/ shows worth watching? I've already seen the 90s Gundam OVAs
>>
Kotetsushin Jeeg
>>
>>15825725
That's a sequel, right? Is the first one mandatory watching to get anything out of it?
>>
>>15825729
Nah, it fills in the gaps well enough.
>>
>>15825720

I feel like this thread was made before
>>
>>15825720
ID-0
>>
>>15825757
oh rad that's going on the watchlist then, magnet boy has always been one of those mecha i was aware existed but didn't know anything about
>>15825759
I'm sure someone's asked before but this is definitely my first time asking
>>15825762
the CG looked cheap as fuck, but i trust you
>>
Getter OVAs
Mazinkaiser
Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still
Gunbuster
Doamygar-D
Nanoha
>>
>>15825778
i've actually been thinking about gunbuster and doamyger, i've been putting off gunbuster for a good while now and i'm not sure why.
>>
i guess i should clarify and say that 12ish or less is also good. mainly just quick binge watches
>>
>>15825802
Plus Doamygar has like five minute long episodes, so you can watch the whole thing in half an hour. Go get 'em.
>>
>>15825847
lemme get through kaiji and robot girls and i'll do that. super short series like +tic neesan are great.
>>
>>15825802
Once you watch Gunbuster, Diebuster can follow.

Other oldies that I don't see mentioned much are Sadimitsu the Destroyer and Now and Then, Here and There.
>>
File: Kamen Rider Double Cheeseburger.jpg (575KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
Kamen Rider Double Cheeseburger.jpg
575KB, 1280x1707px
Sunred (It's 26 15 minute episodes, so just as long as a regular 13 episode show)
If you've watched at least SDF Macross/DYRL you could give Macross II/Plus/Zero a go.
Diebuster once you finish Gunbuster.
Zeorymer
Dangaioh
Gakusaver

>>15825778
>Nanoha
On that note Symphogear if you just watch the first season, it's pretty standalone and the other seasons are just around because it prints money. If you like it enough go watch G/GX/AXZ later

Honestly there aren't many stand-alone sub-13 episode mecha shows outside of late 80s/early 90s OVAs and recent manga adaptations like Knights of Sidonia or Knights & Magic, and that's not getting into Toku stuff like Blue Blazes or Akibaranger. All the really good ones are either 26+ episodes long or one-off movies.
>>
>>15825886
>Now and Then, Here and There
i don't wanna watch little kid sex slave farms. SyFy's Ani-monday block tricked me into watching the first episode of it back in like 2007 and I had to put a permanent nope after a little research
>>15825895
Seen the first season of Symphogear, it was pretty okay. Started the second season but Pink-hair Girl wasn't doing it for me and other stuff came up so my interested faded
>>
Let's see... Besides things already mentioned...

Gargantia (there is a couple of OVA episodes follow-ups)
Dancouga Nova, aired at the same time as Shin Jeeg.
New Getter Robo, if you want a recent Getter.
Gravion
Vandread
Then watch Zwei and Second Stage, because they are separated seasons of 13 eps, heh

For REALLY short stuff:

Mazinkaiser SKL (3 ep.)
Expelled from Paradise (movie)
Votoms Finder
Votoms Case Irvine (both are standalone from the main Votoms story, Finder even more so than Irvine)
>>
File: spinbiki.webm (3MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
spinbiki.webm
3MB, 1024x576px
>>15825905
Season 2 is the weakest so far, so I'd say skip to season 3 or 4, see if you like those better. Can always go back later.
>>
>>15825938
Boy, tonnes of shit got rebooted in the early 2000s, didn't it? Was Japan going through a creative dry spell or something?
>>15825953
i'm just a little bit too autistic to go around skipping seasons. it took more effort than i was willing to admit to save the first episode of Shin Mazinger for last
>>
>>15825959
If that was the case, they picked the worst possible time to do that, since Gurren Lagann also debuted in 2007. Code Geass was around that time too.

GR Giant Robo also was there, but having watched that, I say it's not really worth it, unless you are really curious and not easily bored.
>>
>>15826006
it might have been like 2009. it was def late 2000s
>>
>>15825720
Buddy Complex. It's mini Gundam at 15 episodes.
>>
hey thanks /m/ i've got like almost 20 shows to check out now
>>
>>15825886
>Once you watch Gunbuster, Diebuster can follow.
Rec'ing this hard, fucking great experience.

Also, rec'ing Gargantia for uniqueness. The ending is fucking good.
>>
>>15826346
The ending is good but everything leading up to it is garbage.
>>
>>15825953
No one likes Season 3.
>>
>>15825953
>Season 2 is the weakest so far, so I'd say skip to season 3
Haha what.
>>
>>15825895
Sunred has 52 eps, though I second the recommendation.

Such a comfy satire.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.