[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Human Debris makes no sense. You have the basic idea of: >Implant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: 2F7QV48.png (168KB, 833x749px) Image search: [Google]
2F7QV48.png
168KB, 833x749px
Human Debris makes no sense. You have the basic idea of:

>Implant children with something that makes them exponentially better at piloting mobile weapons than a unimplanted adult.

And then you:

>treat them as expendable

Am I the only one who thinks this is a terrible waste of an investment?
>>
>>15824147
IBO's setting in general was retarded. I don't know why everyone says it's so great
>>
>>15824147
they're expendable enough to get new ones easily. that's the point.

they don't bother with anesthesia when putting those AV implants. that should give you an idea how little they cost (if they botch the operation, you throw them away and get a new one).
>>
>>15824147

There's no shortage of kids to shove shit into.
>>
>>15824155
Because its liked by people who dont like mecha
>>
>>15824167
cyber newtypes are considered an investment with how much they cost to produce
AV kids are disposable
>>
File: img_19.jpg (24KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
img_19.jpg
24KB, 720x540px
>>
>>15824182
Is that a jojo reference?
>>
>>15824147
The surgery is not expensive, but you would only use it on a life that you didn't value anyway because of the failure rate. And all you even get out of it is a mobile suit pilot who can't read.
>>
>>15824237
sorta like how you make unicorns by performing gruesome surgery on a baby goat
if it doesn't work big shit you're just out a goat and an afternoon
>>
>>15824147
They get the treatment because they are expendable to begin with. It's too risky and abnormal for normal people.
>>
File: 6nBxmkp.png (364KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
6nBxmkp.png
364KB, 1000x1000px
>>15824147
So grim. So dark.
>>
>>15824182
Oh my god JC, a bomb!
>>
>>15824237
I thought it could be used on other forms of transportation too?
>>
>>15824604
like the isaribi (actual space ship) and the mobile workers? yes.
>>
>>15824147

>makes them exponentially better

If I recall correctly, the effectiveness of the system scales to both the machine type and the number of whiskers. With CGS, who was only interested in using uneducated kids in Mobile Workers (most of whom only have one AV whisker), it probably amounts to nothing more than a hackjob slapped-on work-around to get pilots without having to teach them how to actually operate their machinery. They probably throw out/euthanize all the paralyzed failures too.

Rather than Human Debris not making sense, it's more like they missed out on showing what happened to those who fell onto the wrong side of the AV surgery success percentage.
>>
>>15824147
You completely misunderstood the terminology, Human Debris were Children that are bought and sold for practically nothing, while kids with the Av implanted in them were called "Space Rats". The terms aren't the same thing, despite every Human debris we see in the show also being referred to as a "Space rat"
>>
>>15824176
Because Cyber Newtypes was a new technology with way more investment placed into it because they were trying to sort the tech out. AV implants weren't. They were just cheap implants you throw into expendable kids you kidnapped from a passing ship. Learn to read context.

>>15824651
Space rats are just kids from space (specifically Mars I think if I'm remembering right), Human Debris are human trafficking and kidnapping victims. Like Biscuit is a space rat but he's not Human Debris.
>>
>>15824662
did you not see the implication of the comparison?

you elaborated on the differences exactly that makes them different cost wise but somehow missed my intention?
>>
>>15824176
AV kids aren't cybernewtypes or a huge investment. They get the watered down version of the surgery in some dirty back alley room from a guy who probably doesn't have a medical degree and they don't bother to use any painkillers during it. And once it's installed and if the kid actually lives (50/50 chance) here's no upkeep of drugs or anything needed to keep it working or stable.
>>
>>15824631
According to S1 it was required just to join CGS and according to S2 if it failed you didn't get to join and were back on the street, now possibly in crippling pain for the rest of your short life assuming you survived it at all.
>>
>>15824631
They did in season 2. You end up crippled and thrown right back where you came.
>>
>>15824675

They did? I should get on S2 then.
>>
>>15824669
exactly!

that's the argument i'm presenting the OP. hence the cyber newtype comparison for contrast on how cheap AV is.

imagine sticking a cyber on a man rodi or whatever basic grunt suit you chose. that's a terrible waste of investment (sure that unit will kick ass but you're wasting the cyber's full potential).
>>
>>15824676
One of the new characters had an older brother who was a surgery wash out. He was in crippling agony for weeks afterwards unable to walk and eventually committed suicide to make it stop.
>>
>>15824665
What are you even talking about? Do you not speak basic English?

Cyber Newtypes were a brand spanking new tech that was still being developed in Zeta. Even past that it was experimental and an expensive process.

AV implants are cheap, dangerous, and only used on wastes of space. The show also addresses that it's too stressful for an adult and one of the things that differentiates IBO from most other Gundams is that child soldiers are treated as morally wrong by the larger government entities. The Tekkeden kids are much more of a rarity than the norm. IBO isn't like SEED where children fighting is considered a normal part of war, or Zeta where villain ego trumps morality.
>>
>>15824693
do you understand basic english?

that's exactly why AV isn't a "terrible waste of an investment" because of how cheap it is and how expendable the people it's being implemented on.

hence the comparison to cyber newtypes. too point out how ridiculously cheap and expendable AV is.
>>
>>15824147
Hey OP, soldiers make no sense either

>train people to better at killing other people and at coordinating with people similarily trained so that they can kill even better
>treat them like dirt during training, deployment and once they're out of the forces
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.