[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's have a thread for old / obscure or generally unde

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 14

File: robot.jpg (51KB, 400x480px) Image search: [Google]
robot.jpg
51KB, 400x480px
Let's have a thread for old / obscure or generally underappreciated tokusatsu.
Robot Detective K, the only toku hero I know of that needed to yell for his mom to help him out of bad situations. Also a really great OP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKNUgvU2-cc
>>
>>15822938
I read the manga of of this a while ago, I had no Idea it had a tv series made of it.
>>
File: Hito-yonde sasurai no hīrō!.gif (1MB, 294x221px) Image search: [Google]
Hito-yonde sasurai no hīrō!.gif
1MB, 294x221px
Why was Zubat such a disappointment?
Really neat premise, the, "second best in Japan," gimmick was fun, but the whole thing just sort of fizzled out.
>>
>>15822960
The actual superhero component was completely superfluous, there was little to no need for him to be a henshin hero at all. Well the whip was cool I guess but they could've just given him a whip anyway.
>>
>>15822972
Now I think about it, it would've been so much better if it was just Miyauchi strolling around kicking faggots' heads in
>>
>>15822995
Well sure people remember Miyauchi far more than they remember Zubat himself, I mean that outfit is about as generic a toku hero you could come up with, but Ken stays in your mind.
>>
>>15823008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgKln1cmtFU
Still gets stuck in my head from time to time
>>
>>15822960
The ending was pretty damn rushed
>>
File: Red Baron.png (819KB, 457x640px) Image search: [Google]
Red Baron.png
819KB, 457x640px
Good old Super Robot Red Baron. Would have been nice if the uploads were from the BCI Eclipse release and not the Mill Creek one, though.

>>15823008
>>15822972
Given that Zubat is allegedly the one Ishinomori TV property to stay the closest to the spirit of his works, I suspect that the superhero element had to be shoved in.
>>
>>15823061
I'd love to see Red baron done in the same way Zaborger was. Speaking of which, has anyone seen the Zaborger movie?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdnnC43Cotw
>>
>>15823785
>has anyone seen the Zaborger movie?

The "sex" still haunts my nightmares. I really liked the first part, but the second part was just ok
>>
>>15822960
Because the out of suit stuff was awesome but the suit stuff was boring.
>>
>>15823785
>I'd love to see Red baron done in the same way Zaborger was
>https://youtu.be/MEHhdbzaMxU?t=84
No thanks, let Baron rest in peace
>>
>>15822938
So what was this show even about
>>
I've gotten a few eps into Saru no Gundan. Army of the Apes is probably best known in the English-speaking world as Time of the Apes, the just-as-bad-as-any compilation movie that was dubbed by Sandy Frank and featured twice on Mystery Science Theater 3000.

Obnoxious Little Shit Jiro (Johnny in the dub) and his immediate relations get cryofrozen and end excavated in a time where apes evolved from man. Are there other humans? What's up with the UFO? Why are there apes? Why does everything look like stock crap from the period when they filmed the show instead of something apes might make?
Tsuburaya Pro offers answers to some of these questions.

In a similar vein Star Wolf (Fugitive Alien):
Based on some old English language pulp novels.
It's the space future and our hero is on the run. He's from a band of alien raiders (but is really a human raised on their world). He kills one of his comrades and is left to fend for himself in space. Drunken Space Captain Joe picks him up to join their ragtag bunch of Earth mercenaries as Joe comes back from his last mission before retiring to be with his wife and kids.

Giant Robo live action is pretty underappreciated, especially for how not-shit the ancient dub was.
>>
>>15823908
it's about a robot detective
>>
>>15823908
Robot Detective Breaks 1st Law of Robotics, Foils Criminal Organization By Stripping
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-08-29-19h09m22s635.png (399KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-08-29-19h09m22s635.png
399KB, 640x480px
watched lady battle cop today

It was pretty fun, though it's weird how it's not apart of metal heroes, despite sharing some elements with jiban and janperson
>>
>>15823785
I thought it was okay, although I think being intentionally made as a comedy makes me like it less than the original show.

>>15823901
He said done in the same way as Zaborger anon, which basically means it's a parody of the source material.

This looks like some edgy crossover with shitty CG that nobody wants.
>>
Spectreman impressed me a lot. It has a likable main chatacter robot in a very interesting situation and an awesome villain that inspired Mojo Jojo.
>>
>>15824122
Sushi Typhoon does not take anything seriously, so it's to be expected.

>>15823921
Hopefully Army of the Apes and Star Wolf can get subs someday.

>>15824178
It had a not-too-shabby dub too, if one doesn't mind the title theme.
>>
All I see is a picture of the greatest toku hero ever, Donald Trump.
>>
File: Zebraman.jpg (20KB, 440x640px) Image search: [Google]
Zebraman.jpg
20KB, 440x640px
>>
File: 3faf880c.jpg (253KB, 1270x990px) Image search: [Google]
3faf880c.jpg
253KB, 1270x990px
Can someone tell me who is this Golden Face guy?
>>
>>15826897
Dat themesong.
>>
>>15827080
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNBXDUnyW_8
>>
>>15822938
Holy shit is that /M/echa Trump?
>>
>>15823008
I actually think the Zubat suit is cool looking but it just pales in comparison to what Miyauchi wears while not in it.
>>
File: 250px-735Gumshoos.png (39KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-735Gumshoos.png
39KB, 250x250px
>>15827473
With that joke, I just realized it was that kind of detective cap they decided to use for Gumshoos's look.
>>
>>15827136
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2b0XcWRX-I
>>
>>
>>15828124
Didn't noticed it was a cap. Looks like a hair to me.
>>
>>15831127
It's hair, but it's meant to mimic a cap.
>>
File: kangaroo_800_600.jpg (94KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
kangaroo_800_600.jpg
94KB, 800x600px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_aOlFSyDWk
>>
File: ebbdcla0y7wudbzafrrd.jpg (28KB, 620x470px) Image search: [Google]
ebbdcla0y7wudbzafrrd.jpg
28KB, 620x470px
>>
a lot either have no subs or shit video quality releases
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.