[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>My machine is impervious to enemy weapons and my gun oneshots

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 9

File: Rx-78-2.jpg (35KB, 310x471px) Image search: [Google]
Rx-78-2.jpg
35KB, 310x471px
>My machine is impervious to enemy weapons and my gun oneshots them
what a nice premise
>>
Except for Sayla.
>>
This thread is bait. Anyone who unironically responds to this thread, or responds without saging, is a sucker.
>>
>>15817251
You forgot the part where it loses a head, arm, and leg in its final battle.
>>
>>15817432
>final battle
>relevant to the premise of the show
>>
>retarded Zeekshits don't understand why their shitboxes can't damage a competently designed MS.
>>
>>15817251
>impervious to enemy weapons
except small time bombs, in which case your only hope is that the idiots who planted them set the timer for an entire hour.
seriously, if they did that again with 45 minute timers, the show would've been over.
>>
>>15817486
>author fiat unobtanium armor is now competent design
the absolute state of feddies
>>
File: flamenwerfer.jpg (34KB, 398x334px) Image search: [Google]
flamenwerfer.jpg
34KB, 398x334px
>>15817251
It's not impervious to SUPER NAPALM.
Luckily everyone completely forgot that existed after Mobile Suit Gundam Episode 2.
Wait...that should be "unluckily" because if it will melt Gundam parts it would probably liquify Zaku pretty easily.
>>
>>15817251
And then beam rifles become standard and everyone can one shot everyone.
>>
File: 1352761164605.png (172KB, 1000x719px) Image search: [Google]
1352761164605.png
172KB, 1000x719px
>>15817502
mad cuz bad
>>
>>15817251
That's how you know it's a show of the real robot genre, rather than one of those super robot shows where the robot gets trashed all the time
>>
>>15817251
Reminder that "Zaku" is derived from "zako", a Japanese idiom that means the same thing as "cannon fodder".
>>
>>15817530

One presumes that it wasn't viable as a standard weapon: Too unstable to be put in a launcher, or MS-sized sprayer, more than likely, thus making it only useful for dumping over stuff you do't want anymore and setting it alight.
>>
hello /v/eddot
>>
>>15818422
Close.
It's two words.
saku and zako. zako means "inferior fish" (similar to the english expression "small fry") and saku was onomatopoeia for the sound of marching in snow or sand, basically "a shitty assignment"
Imagine if the GMs had been called "G-Runts" and you'll have the connotation that the name "Zaku" has.
>>
>>15817251
>commenting on the (false) premise of a show he hasn't even watched
If you want to 'troll' us successfully you should AT LEAST know what you're talking about first.
>>
>>15817251
>>
>>15818674
There is a very elaborate conquistador/reconguista pun to be had here but I'm afraid I'm entirely too tired at the moment.
>>
>>15818687
that's ok. post it whenever you're ready.
>>
>>15818570
>rewatch Ep1
>it's exactly what's happening
perhaps you should research into what a premise is, before making wisecracker comments.
>>
>>15819063
>the whole premise of a show is only what in happens the first episode
now this is actually retarded did you read what you just said?
>>
File: Oops.jpg (55KB, 640x477px) Image search: [Google]
Oops.jpg
55KB, 640x477px
>My machine is impervious to enemy weapons
>>
File: heat hawk.jpg (405KB, 640x1920px) Image search: [Google]
heat hawk.jpg
405KB, 640x1920px
>>15819111
>>
>>15817251
I know this is bait, but someone here has to give into their autism.

The Gundam was a machine built specifically to take on Zakus, Musais, and whatever Zeon fielded at the time. Its specific strength are a chassis immune to bullets, but not explosives (which weren't that common, for obvious reasons), or beam weapons (which the Federation perfected, but Zeon had trouble miniaturizing until the war was nearly over).

You can make the argument that Zeon created a handful of mobile suits that outclassed the Gundam, but by the time they were fielded, Amuro became an esper, and was almost unstoppable.
>>
>>15819063
Name a series where the protagonist mech gets damaged in the first episode.
>>
>>15819448
Evangelion
many Gundam series feature their protags machine being wrecked, Thunderbolt, 0080, to name two.
>>
>>15819448
Gundam Wing, IIRC
>>
>>15819495
It doesn't really get damaged, it got knocked off course and crashed into the ocean
>>
File: Dai-Guard.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Dai-Guard.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>15819448
>>
>>15819487
EVA-01 doesn't even fight in the first episode.
>>
>>15819448

Dai Guard.
>>
>>15819768
The first episode/combat that it is featured in.
>>
>>15817497
the hour timer was probably meant not only leave them with time to keep clear of the explosion but also get far enough away that there's be very little chance of being caught
>>
>>15819063
Except for the fact that you said the entire PREMISE of the show is that the Gundam is IMPERVIOUS to enemy weapons which is simply not the case if you've actually watched the fucking show.

God damn you are either dense, retarded, trolling or more than likely all 3 of them.
>>
>>15818687
I want to hear it
>>
>>15819515
Its stabalizers get damaged and it leaves a smoke trail. Not fatal damage but still damage. Wing was ACs punching bag of the gundams and given its role is probably the thinnest armored of the gundams.
>>
>>15821431
the PREMISE of the SHOW is that the Gundam as a MACHINE is vastly SUPERIOR to anything the ZEEKS have and it kicks ass all the way to JABURO and BACK. OP exaggerated it, but when you watch the FIRST episode, what you get as a PREMISE is that the Gundam is so SUPERIOR as a weapon that even a KID can pilot it without suffering a SCRATCH.
>>
>>15822460
It's superior at first, but Zeek tech evolves and Amuro must then rely on his piloting skill. The idea is to make it strong enough to let a novice survive the early war, then get good enough that not being invulnerable anymore doesn't matter.
>>
That is a good premise, I'm glad we agree.
>>
>>15822503
<twitter emojis conveying agreement>
>>
>>15817251
And also bends spacetime.
>>
File: japan smug.jpg (110KB, 592x887px) Image search: [Google]
japan smug.jpg
110KB, 592x887px
>>15822460
This
>>
>all these triggered gundambabbies can't admit their toy commercial is shit
>>
>>15819448
SDF Macross.
>>
>>15832646
>implying the children that enjoy gundam have seen that
>>
>>15819448
MOSPEADA
>>
>>15819448
Xabungle, one of the Xabungle's wings is ripped off.
>>
>>15832654
I've seen it, and was a fan of it until I watched Mobile Suit Gundam.
And the Trainer isn't exactly "the protagonist mecha", that's the only time we ever see it. The VFs are presented as absurdly durable, Hikaru just panicked when he got hit and the trainer wasn't really damaged that badly until after he crashed through several buildings. DYRL's VFs are a bit more fragile, especially if your name is Kakizaki, but in the series it took the barrier overload to kill him. Macross is a special circumstance, though, because you can point to nameless background grunts exploding and say that the main character is using that same machine, unlike Gundam shows where the protagonist is always in some super-prototype or ancient relic of ungodly power.
>>
>>15832713
>Liked macross until he saw gundam
Back to /a/ kiddo
>>
File: Thonking 2.png (437KB, 647x667px) Image search: [Google]
Thonking 2.png
437KB, 647x667px
Is MSG the new shitposting topic since Zeta and G-reco got bled dry?
>>
>>15817251
>...And because they're veteran soldiers, and I've never piloted this machine before, that's the ONLY reason I'm still alive.

That's how you do an overpowered protagonist. The overpowering doesn't make him unstoppable, it acts as an equalizer against the far more skilled/experienced opponents the protagonist keeps getting thrown against.

Then as the series goes on, the action escalates as the enemy throws progressively tougher opponents at the Hero, forcing him to improve his skills. By the end of the series, the enemy is fielding a machine that can kill his easily, and it takes the skills the Hero has learned over the course of the series to survive.
>>
>>15832729
Gundam has a better setting, better writing, better plot, vastly superior sequels, and a much better variety of mechanical design.

Twenty bucks says the next Macross revolves around a pop idol with an unnatural hair color and her boyfriend who pilots yet-another-YF-24-derivative and the world is saved by magic singing.
>>
>>15832773
>This amount of shitposting
What a terrible terrible board
>>
>>15832776
It's not shitposting, it's an honest opinion.
FYI, Macross started pre-production as a Gundam spoof. Massive assault by an enemy from space, giant robots developed from enemy technology to fight the enemy robots, kids forced into conscription, civilians stuck on the ship who want to get off, government using the ship as a lure to draw the enemy's attention while other defenses are prepared, etc, etc. Macross took a *lot* of pages from Gundam's playbook even in its

See, back before I watched Gundam I thought it was your routine super robot show because the other anime nerd at my high school showed me an episode of G Gundam (he had a pen pal in Japan that sent him VHS tapes) and I always thought that it was Macross that made the giant robot genre grow up. But it wasn't, it was riding on MSG's coat-tails a few years later. Gundam is the show that changed everything, and Macross would never have been made without it. And while Macross just swallows and regurgitates the same love triangle during an alien invasion story over and over with increasing levels of song magic and fold gizmos, Gundam actually has a variety of very different stories. Granted, it does the same sort of rehashing with all the yet-another-RX-78-OYW-side-stories, but it also has a variety of wholly different settings with their own themes and plots.
>>
>>15832825
>even in its
*even in its non-spoof final form.
>>
>>15832825
It's quite clear you haven't actually seen macross, try watching it before shitposting
>>
>>15832846
>No smoking on the bridge, Captain
>Minmay's pacifist cousin/manager is a violent alcoholic
>Claudia made a pass at Hikaru once but he thought she was talking about Misa
>Misa watches her father explode on-screen
>Zentran corpse holding a Minmay doll
>aliens freak out at seeing Max and Milia's baby
>Hikaru was shot down while attempting to fly a bicycle
>Kamujin gets drunk and kisses Laplamiz
>Kamujin then rides into battle on top of a Monster destroid like a drunk cowboy
>Misa hangs Hikaru's Minmay poster upside-down
Yeah, I've seen it.
>>
>>15832867
If you've seen it how did you not understand any of it then and think it's the same story over and over
Gundam fans are a special kind of retard
>>
>>15832873
MSG: Children surviving a war of conquest by a cult of colonists trying to conquer earth
AWGX: Scavengers try to find newtypes and protect them from being turned into weapons of war by bitter politicians
Wing: Terrorists attempt to destroy a globalist government led by a romantic who wants to perpetuate soldiers dying in war because he thinks it's the meaning of life
SEED: Genetic engineering widens the rift between the have and have-not until the riots escalate into genocidal warfare on both sides
AGE: A family becomes massively dysfunctional through three generations of defending earth against a darwinian lunatic
00: A secret organization makes itself the common enemy of the entire world to spur the various nations into uniting into a single society in order to defeat them
G Gundam: A martial arts tournament that has replaced war for the sake of preserving human culture is haphazardly destroying the environment for the people left on earth and a living machine decides that man must be wiped out in order to restore the environment
IBO: child soldiers and slaves revolt against their employers/owners and try to carve their own place in the world but don't know how to do anything but fight and are manipulated and eventually destroyed

Macross: a love triangle during an alien invasion, humanity is saved by magic
Macross 0: a love triangle during the discovery of an alien relic, humanity is saved by singing
Macross Plus: a love triangle during an AI running amok, humanity is saved by singing
Macross 7: a love triangle during an alien DEMON invasion, humanity is saved by singing
Macross 2: a love triangle during an alien invasion, humanity is saved by singing
Frontier: a love triangle during a space war with aliens, humanity is saved by singing

...and that was when I gave up. Pretty sure Delta follows the pattern, though.
>>
>>15832914
>humanity is saved by magic
*by singing
too much wine, i really should proofread before I post instead of after
>>
>>15832914
You're so fucking stupid it's astounding
>>
>>15832925
I notice you're not proving me wrong, just insulting me.
Why is that?
>>
>>15832931
You've done the equivalent of saying all gundams are shows about robots and war
>>
>>15832934
>robots and war
That's both franchises.
I listed the differences between the settings and themes of various Gundam shows. Please explain which Macross show doesn't revolve around a love triangle during an alien war wherein singing saves the world.
I'll wait.
>>
>>15832950
Those are the three aspects of macross and each iteration has a different balance
>>
>>15832952
So you concede that every Macross is a love triangle during an alien war and singing saves the world.
>>
>>15832957
Anon how are you allowed to use the computer
>>
>>15832959
And we're back to insulting again because you have no other recourse.
Nice chatting with you.

To answer your question, there is no one here to tell me I can't. And if there were, I'd tell them to go fuck themselves because it's my computer, I paid for it and the internet connection, and then I'd throw them out of my apartment.

Do you have any actual counter-arguments, or are you just going to insult me over and over? Because that's quite boring, really.
>>
>>15832763
No, they're back to shitting on Zeta as well
>>
>>15832968
I've explained many times anon that Macross has core elements, sounds like your triggered over that
>>
>>15832996
>explained many times
Um....no, you haven't. You've stated it, but you haven't explained anything. I explained my opinion, I proved that I'd seen the show, I listed the various themes of the different shows, and you've done nothing but weak insult posts, and now one blatant lie.
>>
>>15833015
But anon all you've done is be intellectually dishonest about Macross
>>
>>15833024
You're boring me, anon.
If you don't start actually explaining how one love triangle during an alien war wherein singing saves the world is different from another love triangle during an alien war wherein singing saves the world I'm going to stop replying to you.
>>
>>15833032
Well one time they were giants aliens, and another time they were bug aliens.
>>
>>15833032
>You think 7 is exactly the same as Plus
That's the logic you're using anon
>>
>>15822503
this is why the show is brilliant, the arms race that plays out.
>>
>>15833032
In same way as one story about child soldier in powerful super mech is different form another story about child soldier in powerful super mech.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.