[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it jsut me or is this one of the worst Gundam OVAs in existence?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 81.jpg (39KB, 225x319px) Image search: [Google]
81.jpg
39KB, 225x319px
Is it jsut me or is this one of the worst Gundam OVAs in existence? Whats supposed to be the appeal of this? For some reason it also has fugly early Xebec style character art. The only thing appealing about this show are the shots of the stars that look more like sprinkle paintings than actual stars.
>>
>>15812245
No you're right. 8ms team was pretty bad.
>>
>>15812245
>fugly early Xebec style character art.
Anyone have a pic of Aina and her amazingly well trained traps?
>>
>>15812245
>Is it jsut me or is this one of the worst Gundam OVAs in existence?

I think it's jsut you.

>>15812245
>For some reason it also has fugly early Xebec style character art

I don't know what that means. Are you trying to convey that you don't like the art style or are you questioning why the show has this art style?

>>15812245
>The only thing appealing about this show are the shots of the stars that look more like sprinkle paintings than actual stars

The show is hand drawn. I don't know what you expected, and you probably don't know either.
>>
>>15812262
her what
>>
>>15812245
Problem is, the director died halfway through production and was replaced.
>>
>>15812245
no its not just you actually. i finished watching this a few days ago, because i only recently started watching gundam, and watched this after war in the pocket, and this is fucking hot dogshit in comparison. the artstyle is fucking strange too, but i found that to be the least of its problems.

i think its appeal was supposed to be the gundam vietnam war but as soon as episode 7 happened, it immediately it turned into romeo and juliet.
>>
>>15812266
>I think it's jsut you.
Doesnt look like it

>I don't know what that means
Seems pretty clear if you had watched any of Xebecs earlier works.

>The show is hand drawn
What sort of relevance does that have? Every single show in existence is hand-drawn. You think that someone using a Wacom means that the art just creates itself or something? Pic related is not what I remember space looking in any scifi I have watch to date. I mean, I am not complaining. Like I said I even liked it.

>>15812273
Is this some reoccuring meme at this point or is this really another one of those Gundam OVAs/shows that had their staff change midway through?
>>
>>15812273
>>15812279
its not a meme, the original director died in a car crash while supposedly drunk driving.

i'd kill myself too if i worked on this shit.
>>
Shitposting is not allowed. Report and hide this thread.
>>
>>15812268
Traps, trapezius, those muscles that surround the base of your neck and the top of your back?
>>
>>15812290
An opinion is not shitposting, and the OP brings up points I'd never heard before, like the Xebec comparison.
>>
Yeah, it was pretty bad. The first half was okay but the second half took a nosedive. And nobody here, even the people who like this show, can argue that the final episode was relevant or even good.
>>
Le contrarians strike again
>>
>>15812298

If you're such a conformist, why don't you go live in germany or sweden or japan, where the rest of you conformist scum live? got no time for spineless neanderthals in a western democracy.
>>
>>15812293
yeah the Xebec thing is different and kinda right
>>
>>15812245

Well for OVAS other than this we have

>0080
Pretty hard to top, as one of the franchises high points.

>0083
Pretty hard to top visually, is the story and the characters that much worse than this though?

>Endless Waltz

Worse than 08th, in 08th the characters have better motivations and the show isn't just yaoi bait.

>Unicorn

First half of Unicorn is a bit better, the second half is about the same quality.

>Origin

Origin is a bit better, but visually it is a mess in comparison. 0079 nostalgia and UC world building can only take you so far.

>Seed MSV Astray

08th is better than this without a doubt

>SD Gundam Shit

Not quite comparable

>Thunderbolt

Is marginally better

>Igloo

Isn't much better

>Try OVA

Makes 08th look like a masterpiece.

>Gunpla Builders

Not all that much better.

08th is pretty middle of the road for OVAs and the franchise as a whole.
>>
>>15812529
>is the story and the characters that much worse than this though?
Side cast is more memorable and fleshed out, show has an actual antagonist and antagonistic party while in 08th the opposite faction is basic the existence of conflict itself, romance is slowly build up instead of instead of going from "ive seen you once in space" to "i love you" in e7. So yea, Id say its significantly better. 0083s story is and individual events and episodes also have a stronger connection and are more interconnected while in 08th you basically jump from a mission to the next it feels, the overarching romance plot (which apparently is supposed to be the plot since there really sint anything else) first receive too little, and then too much attention.

Honestly, 0083 is one of the most unfairly criticised shows in existence. Yes the final bit of the love story is trash, and yes Nina is a shit character, and yes Kou can be annoying at times because he acts like a child (which isnt even illogical considering that hes a military tech nerd, when the fuck should he ever have had contact to women?), but its still a more consistently written story than the vast amount of Gundam entries. Its slow and lacks some HYPE WOW XDDD SO EPIK ending, but does every show really need that? I also feel like it handles the whole "people are lunatics for fighting" aspect way better. Corruption of the respective factions and the fact that its being controlled by batshit insane people is made so much more clear.

>the second half is about the same quality
That seems a tad unfair. The last episode maybe, but not the entire second half.

>08th is pretty middle of the road for OVAs and the franchise as a whole.
I guess it might just appear like its absolutely atrocious because its one of the very few that actually shoehorns a romance like this.
>>
Its as close as we've gotten to grunt stories from the trenches, which is what i really want. Would love Kampfer or Jesta spec ops stories or gritty gm/zaku shit with no survivors
>>
>>15812245
It is, Gouf custom and Ez-8 were the only good thing to came out of it.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.