[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Welcome to the 3nd Ideon Groupwatch thread. Each day, we�

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 151

Welcome to the 3nd Ideon Groupwatch thread.

Each day, we'll watch an episode of Ideon and discuss it together.

For only 30 minutes of your time a day, you'll be able to experience what it's like to horribly fuck up first contact with an alien race.

Current Episode: 15 - Ideon Recapture Plan

You can get your episodes from the following locations:

HD Downloads here: https://mega.nz/#F!Q7I1XLLA!lIu_NK1GBQxTOZzOEaObPQ

SD Downloads here: https://secretninjaempire.wordpress.com/tag/ideon/
>>
Thread 1 https://desuarchive.org/m/thread/15769944/#15769944
Thread 2 https://desuarchive.org/m/thread/15785248/#15785248

You may now all begin watching episode 15.
>>
>>15811367
Fuck the Solo Ship.

And especially Sheryl.
>>
So why is Sheryl indebted to Karala? Because she took all the blame for the escape?
>>
what time do you guys watch this? I might catch up
>>
>>15811446
Yes. Also she still hates her.
>>
>>15811478
Whenever you want. We watch an episode a day and are currently up to 15.

The whole point of this is to allow people who might have busy schedules or are already watching/playing/reading/doing whatever else that might be taking up most of their time.

Think of this as a break from your regular schedule. Watch an episode, then come in to discuss it whenever you feel like it.

Only rule is that you discuss things from the beginning up to the one we're currently watching.

So right now, you may discuss anything that happened between episodes 1 through 15.

I realize there are some people who might be new to this, so I want to avoid spoilers as much as possible.
>>
Fucking brutal.
>>
>>15812160
They're only like 1 or 2 frames too. I was looking for more of those graphic deaths but didn't really see anymore after one of the first few episodes. I guess they just went by too quickly.
>>
I know this is a groupwatch thread and I want to continue watching Ideon again but I can't seem to download the SD downloads aside from the last few episodes..
>>
>>15812212
A lot of them haven't been. I'm a couple of eps back but most were just getting thrown places
>>
File: a sight for sore eyes.png (1MB, 771x584px) Image search: [Google]
a sight for sore eyes.png
1MB, 771x584px
>>15812160
>>15812212
They really knew when to sneak these in, didn't they?
>>
>>15811363
>3nd
>>
I'm starting to think this thing is Sheryl's biggest fan.

>>15812474
Oops.

But you'll forgive me for it, won't you?
>>
I really liked this episode.

You've got the enemy coming up with a cool plan.
Our protagonists find a neat way of outsmarting them.
There's ship combat, on foot combat, and then a cool (yet very brutal) fight involving the title mecha.
It wraps it all up with an amazing scene that really lets our characters shine and show off what they're really like.
>>
Poor Karala, though.
>>
Also I wanna point out something because it's kinda minor and the show doesn't spend much time on it.

But this is Sheryl's younger sister.

Sheryl walks away from the Solo Ship, but she pays no heed to her younger sister.

Sheryl is such a good person.
>>
>>15812783
Karala is a saint.
>>
>>15812787
I think it's weird that everyone believes Karala not only took Sheryl hostage but also like 3 or 4 men.
>>
>>15813081
I'd let Karala take me hostage
>>
>>15813081
I think most of them just want someone to blame.

For the humans on the Solo Ship, they're surrounded by what's left of family, friends, and neighbors.

Then there's Karala, the lone alien princess whose people are the ones doing all the attacking. Sure, she acts nice, but they're still being attacked by her people. She might be putting up an act, she might be crazy, or she might actually be seriously nice and taking pity on us.

In all three scenarios, she'd probably get the ire of everyone except for Lou Piper, who is far too young to really grasp the situation.

But at least Cosmo was bright enough to realize things didn't add up.

I do find it funny that the end of the episode is Cosmo realizing that his plan to make Sheryl feel obligated in sticking around to research the Ideon backfired because of Karala's willingness to take all the blame, though.
>>
>>15813081
She's an alien. Practically none of them, specially the civilians, know anything about the Buff clan at all. For all they know, Karala could be stronger and more vicious than what she seems and could possibly do it. Suspecting of any of the crewmen sounds too far fetched given they've done everything, so far, to keep everyone safe.
>>
Something I'm liking so far is the fact that all these people are almost irredeemably bad people. A few days ago, I argued somewhere else how, sometimes, characters shouldn't be sympathetic people and shouldn't go through redemption. That's what I'm seeing so far with these characters.
>>
>>15813358
Bes so far hasn't done anything I'd call "bad"
>>
>>15813462
Yeah, Bes and Karala are the exception.
>>
>>15813523
>>15813462
Joliver as well
>>
Where's my boy Gije? He hasn't appeared in several episodes
>>
>Cosmo going straight for the headshot
noice

>>15813358
What I like is that most of their actions are understandable. A lot of the "bad" stuff the Solo crew does is done due to extreme emotions resulting from tragedy, or in self preservation. It makes them more human, rather than just being unreasonably evil (like the Buff tend to be).
>>
Episode 15 really put a sour taste in my mouth. I'm not sure I want to keep watching. This is precisely what happened last time I tried watching this series.
>>
>>15814060
What didn't you like about it?
>>
>>15813818
Harulu sent him back to Planet Solo to research the Ide.
>>
>>15814146
Ah, I had missed that info. Thanks!
>>
>>15813659
Bes Karala and Joliver are too pure for the Solo Ship.
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (1MB, 1431x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
1MB, 1431x1080px
Buff Clan fights dirty as hell. "Samurai honor" my ass
>>
Is it time for episode 16 yet?
>>
File: 2001.jpg (261KB, 960x1147px) Image search: [Google]
2001.jpg
261KB, 960x1147px
BRAVO TOMINO
>>
It is time for episode 16!

You may start watching.
>>
I ain't hangin' out with no kids!
>>
>>
>>15814891
>Cosmo's not hitting that
>>
Thanks, Sheryl.
>>
But at least Gije's coming back!
>>
>>15814976
Mmm... retribution.
>>
>>15814976
I fucking love how the Solo ship's brig is literally just animal cages. It's like locking someone up in a kennel.
>>
>>15812783
I know this is from last episode but fuck me, just look at poor Karala's face. That's the face of a woman who just doesn't care anymore.
>>
>>15814982
I think it's actually an impromptu area made up of the kennels and cages used to transport animals to the agricultural decks.

You gotta realize that the Solo Ship wasn't really meant for this and most of the modifications to it so far have been improving its weapon and armor.

>>15814988
Oh, Anonymous.

We've got many promises to keep.
And many miles to go before we sleep.
And many miles to go before we sleep.
>>
File: Damido's body is ready.jpg (229KB, 960x1428px) Image search: [Google]
Damido's body is ready.jpg
229KB, 960x1428px
This guy.
>>
>Argh, not this hook shit again.
>>
>>15814864
This was probably one of my favorite moments in the series. He just stands up and says fuck hanging out with these annoying brats and sets out to become a productive member of the Solo Ship's crew.
>>
>>15815083
He legit cannot shut up about the hooks.
>>
>>15815142

I really liked how Damido's troops were hesitant to do the hook trick, knowing that the Zurow Jick is ill-fitted for the task. They're probably sick of it at this point as well, considering how Ideon not only got away from it, but even made the attack backfire on them.

That said, I enjoyed hook attacks in this show. The Gidu Mack (and to a lesser extent, the Galbo Jick) come to mind.
>>
>>15814891
S-stupid sexy Kasha
>>
Cosmo and Kasha bants never gets old.
>>
>>15815264
>"we're not Gil Bau pilots!"
Man, I loved this episode.

I'm pretty sure Aijan is coming up soon. Hope y'all are ready!
>>
Rest in RIP my smugfu
>>
>>15816134
What is it about this show that makes a smug second-in-command who's constantly trying to one up his superiors end up being so lovable

I can't hate Damido.

I just can't.
>>
>>15816154
He has a great face, for starter
>>
I like how Bes doesn't even try to explain to Karala why she's being freed
>>
>>15816400
Yeah, he just pulls her out of the cage and tells her "it's a long story" and that's that.
>>
File: IMG_2823.jpg (96KB, 479x743px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2823.jpg
96KB, 479x743px
>>15815083
>it's a Buff Clan hooks on to the Ideon and shocks it episode
>>
>>15816785
Even the Buff Clan rank and file are sick of this.

Also, I keep saying this, so I'm not sure I have to preface my comment with "Kasha and Cosmo are such a pair of dicks", but the whole 'Our ship is under attack and Bes wants us to save everyone? How dare the trained military officer give us an order! He just thinks he's better than we are!"

I also don't quite get where it came from this episode. But then again, it's a Tomino show it works better decompressed.
>>
VF said GMT +3 was the start time right?

I'm going to start.

I love that the Solo Ship are such collosal dicks that they set up a monitor right in front of Cosmo and Kasha's cages just so they could torture them with other people flying the Ideon craft.

Seriously, I haven't been this excited for everyone to die in an anime for ages.
>>
>>15817549
Thanks for reminding me.

You may start watching episode 17.
>>
>>15817572
Thank you.

>Growing sense of disquiet and worry further intensifies
>>
Tomino really loves his fencing, heh?

Also I'm a bit sad they didn't explore the ape planet
>>
God fucking damn it, Karala is a god damned saint; trying to comfort Kasha when she's locked up.
>>
>>15817652
Also Sheryl is actually not being a complete bitch to her immediately. Could things be changing? Dare I hope?
>>
Well, that was a fun episode.

Tomorrow's looks like shit is going to get very real.
>>
>the year of our lord 2300
>not using HDMI
>>
>>15817770
Also the preview mentioned "sub light missiles". That doesn't sound good.
>>
>>15817788
Ha ha, near-relativistic weaponry.
>>
>>15817809
Are there any other anime that had semi realistic depictions of RKV's?
>>
>>15817974
LoGH?
>>
>>15817770
analog equipment is /m/
yamato laughs at you
>>
This show really knows when to cut away for a commercial break. I don't know if it's the quality of the rips or the way the show's put together, but it even avoids pausing the audio before the eyecatch, so it's totally abrupt. I love it.

Damido was entertaining, but I'm happy to see that Gije outlived him and turned out to be craftier than him in the end. I've seen lots of shows where either the schemers outlive their more noble superiors officers and receive promotions, or their superiors make them pay for their betrayal. Watching Damido wipeout on his own scheme, and Gije coming back with good data to use against the Ideon, was a little refreshing.
>>
>>15817648
Bit of an old habit picked up from the Nagahama days. Don't know if Triton had fencing though.
>>
Get your Buff Clan Battleforce today, for only $59.99!
>>
>>15814891
Would you?
>>
Is Gije our /m/an?
>>
Planet of the apes!
>>
Cruel and unusual punishment.
>>
And close ups of babies with fevers.

This show has it all.
>>
This is probably one of the weaker episodes that we've seen so far.

Not because of any issues with the direction, but more so with there being not much going.

At the very least, things got better when Cosmo and Kasha got back into Ideon.

That gave us some cool action shots like the rescue of Ideon's chest piece via docking.
>>
Also Gije's Heavy Mecha attack on Ideon after it combined was pretty smooth. Really well done.

But I guess if anything, at least this episode shows us how difficult it is to depend on Ideon.

Its power system is completely unreliable.
>>
More bants
>>
>>15819137
I think it was needed after the drama of the last two episodes.
>>
Something tells me Tomino watched 2001: A Space Odyssey while making Ideon.
>>
>>15820077
That's a fair point.

>>15820096
Tomino has actually said multiple times that he's a big fan of Kubrick.

One time someone asked him about who he'd pick to direct a Gundam adaptation for Hollywood and he said Kubrick would be his choice.
>>
>>15820126
>A Gundam adaptation directed by Kubrick
The fact that we will never get such crazy idea saddens me.
>>
I was surprised Gije was completely unfazed by the giant Karala projection.

>>15819140
I'm actually waiting for an episode with less action. So far there was a battle each episode, which gets pretty tedious. An episode were the Solo crew mostly talks and starts actively solving their inter-personal issues would be nice. It would also be a good opportunity to get more in depth into Buff culture.
But from the preview it seems that won't be the case any time soon (and knowing Tomino probably never).
>>
You may go ahead and start watching episode 18.

Also what do you call the thing on this outfit that seems to connect the "arm" to the "torso"?

Abadede had one as part of his suit, and I think all the guys in the "commander" positions end up wearing this outfit in the Buff Clan.

It's great and I love it.
>>
I've got 18 up on the mog-rog channel on cytube
>>
>>15820612
A cape?
>>
>>15820612
I've seen it compared to Elvis Presley's iconic stage show outfits.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-08-28-16h32m51s094.png (892KB, 960x738px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-08-28-16h32m51s094.png
892KB, 960x738px
Nice poster.
>>
>>
>>
>>15820727
>>15820730
I can't be the only one who thinks Haro is the true villain of the series. Every time something explodes he's right there in the thick of it. Coincidence? I think not!
>>
>>15820612

Time for one of my favorite episodes!

Not all of them. Rukuku's outfit did not have the cape sleeves, and Galbaba's outfit was similar to Gije's and Damido's.
>>
/m/ newfag here, wondering if I should watch Ideon or 0079 first. I'm leaning towards Ideon due to this rewatch
>>
>>15821288
Watch the 0079 movie trilogy.
>>
>>15821329
Is this a meme or should I actually do this
>>
>>15821355
It isn't.
It's the definitive version of the show.
>>
>>15821358
Thanks anon, I'll watch those now
What about the first Ideon movie?
>>
>>15821362
nopenopenope
>>
>>15821288
Watch 0079. Don't just skip it for the films, that's stupid. You haven't watched the series.
>>
File: htrwthrtr.png (645KB, 589x458px) Image search: [Google]
htrwthrtr.png
645KB, 589x458px
Hey... this looks familiar!

>tfw killed, resurrected, and killed in the same exact manner a dozen episodes later
>>
Hi, kids. Ideon here.

We had a lot of cool fun with the Buff Clan today, but do you know what's not cool or fun?

Drugs. They can hurt your mind and your body in many ways.

Don't do drugs, and stay in school.

>IIIIIIIIIDEOOOOOOONNNNNNN.

"Brought to you by the staff of the Solo Ship, the Buff Clan military, and the Intergalactic Anti-Drug League."
>>
>>15821736
iirc Keroro combined Ideon references and drug jokes in that one earlyish episode adapted from the comics where a mysterious pink smoke made everybody lay around and do nothing and then a logo lit up and then Eva things
>>
This dude's squished face and flat colors makes him look like a Filmation character.
I've read that Ideon's a repetitive slog up until the 2nd movie kicks in, but we're almost at the halfway point and the show seems fine. It's slow, but every episode seems to add something to the story. The worst thing I can say so far is that most of the fights involve a ton of missiles.

>>15820747
Maybe the Haros are psychopomps, shepherding the new dead to the afterlife.
>>
>>15821750
I think that's not the only time that Ideon gets associated with references to drugs and hallucinogenics, but I could be imagining things.

>>15822228
>I've read that Ideon's a repetitive slog up until the 2nd movie kicks in

We've basically spent 18 episodes now digging into Ideon, the Solo Ship, and the nature of the energy that seems to arbitrarily manipulate both. If you were to marathon that, you might end up getting turned off by it.

But since we're watching at a rate of an episode a day, we're giving ourselves enough time to let each episode and revelation sink in. It helps the show, in the long run, to have some patience with it.
>>
This raises a good question that I never thought about before. Say we actually manage to colonize space at one point in human history. At what point do Earthling colonies become so separate from each other that we start to see each other as aliens despite all being humans?
>>
>>15822566
As soon as colonies are created.

I mean we already see Black people as alien, so
>>
>>15822228
>>15822245
I actually am getting kind of bored with it. Seems like every episode is just "the Buff clan show up and attack, the Ideon fights them off and the humans get away".
>>
>>15822825
Don't stop watching.

I don't know if this counts as spoilers but it's just something to maybe keep this anon or anyone else that feels similarly interested.

The situation starts getting more and more desperate, which then sets up Be Invoked. I think we're close to the point where stuff starts going massively downhill. Solo ship vs Buff Clan is still the main part of the show but it just ramps up and honestly starts getting depressing with how much shit starts fucking up.
>>
>>15822825
Keep with it. Ideon slogs in a few places but it picks back up towards the end and Be Invoked is a masterpiece.
>>
You may start watching episode 19.
>>
Gije is such an ass.

>Nuke half a planet
>Promise to nuke the other if they don't comply
>Be shocked that they begin fighting against you.
>"TRULY BARBARIC!"

You just glassed millions of people to death without warning you cunt.
>>
>>15823373
Also:

>These aliens are fighting in the city we're wrecking! HOW BARBARIC! THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THEIR OWN KIND
>Proceeds to vapourise girl and her cat.
>>
Oh hey they gave a squirrel a spacesuit. Cute.
>>
It's nice to see that Sheryl and the others have calmed down over Karala.

I'm fully expecting them to flip back at any moment.
>>
Loving the new buff clan designs.
>>
Also is it just me or is Shige Chiba voicing more and more side characters here.
>>
And the episode ends with some pertinent questions and once again the Ideon looming over them.
>>
Damn, even the kids are getting into some sick wipeouts.
I wonder how that one guy at the controls knew they were landing in water. Probably just eyeballed it, or maybe he's figured out the show's formula by now. The trick Cosmo and co. used to take out the Rogg Mack seems like a way to show off a potential gimmick for toys, but it was still cool.
>>
So they also have spy drones after all.
>>
I loved this shot of the ship entering the planet, I don't know why. Maybe because it's such a unique shot.
>>
Also, this sure bring me memories.
>>
I'm so late on today's episode.
>>
But I still wanna kill all the aliens, Cosmo-niichan.

Can't we just chase after them and rain death murder upon their families?
>>
The aerial combat sequences in this episode are very good.

Really well animated and the choreography for it is pretty great.
>>
OMINOUS.

What did you think of today's episode?
>>
You may start watching episode 20.
>>
>>15825476
See above.

I'll watch episode 20 soon.
>>
Poor Lou, kinda sad that he needs to be subjected to harm in order to make Ideon react. I think it's a matter of time before they realize this and try to exploit Piper Lou.
>>
>>15825476
Episode 19 was good. Episode 20 bored me a bit. I didn't care about these Bufu siblings, they felt like a bargain bin version of the Black Tri-Stars. Some of their lines hinted at some class/caste stuff, but it's not as important now as it was near the start of the show. And I didn't like the Rogg Macks to begin with, so the whole episode just doubled down on being awful for me. I was interested in how the Solo ship's barrier backfired on them, and the explosion caused by Kiyaya crashing into Gamus' ship was pretty sweet, but that's all I got out of today's episode.
>>
>>15826707
I think the important part of this episode was to demonstrate that the Ide is beginning to do things on its own.
>>
Man I have so little time to keep up with this, I'm already falling behind.

Also is it worth watching A Contact once I've finished the series before going into Be Invoked?
>>
>>15827219
The important is that you take things at your own pace and enjoy it. I'm not going to chastise you for being late because you had to take care of something in your personal life.

A Contact is a very, very compressed recap. From what I understand, it was squeezed into the theatrical run of Be Invoked to serve as a quick recap of all the major plot points in the show, but it haphazardly jumps between scenes and events.

Since my goal is to wrap up the Ideon groupwatch with a stream, I'll be showing A Contact and Be Invoked together, but if you're not going to participate in the stream then you can choose to skip it if you'd like.
>>
>>15827436
>pic
There's also Kasha and Mirai.
>>
>>15827460
I knew I forgot something.

ANN lists that Cosmo's voice actor was also the voice of Marker at some point, but I'm not too sure about that.
>>
Would wife.
>>
DON'T STOP

WON'T STOP
>>
The battles are getting progressively more aggressive and more violent.

And I'm a sick enough person that I can clearly say that I enjoy this aspect of Ideon.
>>
>>15827017
Yeah, it was strictly reactionary. I guess that's important to note too.

>>15827625
>The battles are getting progressively more aggressive and more violent.
>And I'm a sick enough person that I can clearly say that I enjoy this aspect of Ideon.
Any show that has wall bounce combos like the one in that scene deserves praise.
>>
>>15827646
A lot of the shots in this show deserve praise.

One of the big reasons behind my love for Ideon is the sheer amount of visual candy each episode provides.

Along with 0079's TV series, it's one of the shows I don't mind rewatching just because a lot of the fights have great ideas behind them and are typically pretty well executed (with some exceptions, of course.)

Even if it's a really slow shot of a beam piercing something, the people who worked on this show found a lot of neat little ways to really make it stimulating.
>>
I feel really bad for laughing at this shot in particular because everything that came before it was pretty damn cool.
>>
>>15828200

I can't recall a sillier death scene in the series. Damido went down like a chump, but it didn't come off like THAT scene.
>>
>>15828200
If it makes you feel better, I was giggling as well.
>>
Where does the Ideon keep getting missiles?
>>
>>15828566
It is a mystery.

Episode 20 is fun so far; RIP chicken. And that guy who got eaten by the fish (although it looked like the blast killed him.)

ESPer twins being the gimmick this time. I'm actually curious to see what else the Buff Clan are going to come up with later. People often said that the show degenerates into Buff Clan mecha of the week but I'm not seeing it so far.

And RIP Chickens.
>>
>>15828566
Every once in a while they'll talk about reloading the missiles but there probably isn't enough missiles on all the planets that have bee colonized in the show to feed the Ideon's missile usage.
>>
>>15828586
>And RIP Chickens.
The real victims of today's episode were the chickens.
>>
Piper Lou also confirmed for being the true mastermind of the Ide.
>>
>"POOOOOWER! POOOOOOOOOOOWEEEEEEER!"

Have we found the Buff Clan's Jeremy Clarkson?
>>
>>15828200
I laughed too, but it was still great.

I love how the Buff Clan are just getting angry now about how bullshit the Ideon is.
>>
>>15828603
Can we begin talking about episode 21?
>>
>>15828641
Yes you can.

You may now begin watching and discussing episode 21.
>>
>>15828788
Excellent.

I need to take a screencap of Harulu looking at footage of the Ideon on her monitor.

The flying frogs are back too. And we've been a few episodes without any drama... ominous.
>>
Once more we see the gauge reacting to Piper. When will they realise.

Also fucking enemy shop in subspace out of nowhere.
>>
>The power of Ide is now drawing the enemy directly to them.
>Bes is talking about the gauge in hushed tones.
>>
Karala calling for attack? How things change.
>>
Now the Buff Clan are trying to run away from the Solo Ship. What a tweest~
>>
>Ideon acting out of control, overheating and roaring, spooking the pilots
>>
I really like the subspace fights; it's a nice variation on the typical space fighting stuff.
>>
That 'Oh fuck' moment when they emerged under the enemy ship.

Also some very nice space infantry combat.

Also Lotta just fucking killed a man.
>>
And Harulu just makes it out alive thanks to a new Buff Clan machine.

All in all a great episode; varied combat, good drama, and more mysteries of the Ide.

Also the colour palette of this show is great; the shots of space and the planet at the end of the episode were wonderful.
>>
>>15828874
And our boy Gije is back as i suspected!
>>
Recap episode next episode? Can we get a skip or watch the next two tomorrow?
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-08-31-14h40m41s773.png (858KB, 960x738px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-08-31-14h40m41s773.png
858KB, 960x738px
>>
>>15829029
>HELLO MY BABY, HELLO MY HONEY, HELLO MY RAGTIME GAAAAAAL!
>>
>tfw the Buff Clan didn't send their best
>>
Been trying to marathon this to catch up but it's quite tedious. Does it get better at a certain point, as in do the episodes change from a battle of the week format?
>>
>>15829029
>Miss Sheryl... I've come to make an honest woman out of you.

>>15830323
I really don't recommend marathoning Ideon.

It's a slow paced attack of the week show, and it won't really break that format.

Also I don't want anyone to think you're obligated to finish this show just because of the group watch.

If it doesn't click with you, don't force it.
>>
By the way, episode 22 is a recap episode with nothing new in it.

So episode 23 is the actual next episode you want to watch.
>>
It is GMT + 3 so as according to Hash Man's rules, we may begin discussion of the next episode.

Another great; episode in my mind; some may think it new monster of the week esque, but not only do we have the introduction of new characters and the revelation that the Ideon is so powerful that nukes can't touch it we also got some hints that the Buff Clan aren't exactly the unified force. Also once again, Humans are dicks to humans.
>>
>>15831109
You're early by about 6 hours, actually.
>>
>>15830695
Thanks for the clarification. Now I understand why the preview for episode 22 seemed so out of place.
>>
It's time for the next episode.

Reminder: episode 22 is a recap of the first couple of episodes back on Planet Solo/Logo Dau.

Episode 23 picks up where 21 left off.
>>
>>15831849
I watched a little bit of 22 anyway, for curiosity's sake. Seemed less like a recap episode and more like they tried to cut the first couple of episodes into a faster show. I feel like if the rest of the show had been handled the same way, people would like it more, but complain that nothing gets explained or that people do stuff just because.

Episode 23 was pretty good. There were some good effects on display whenever the Ganga Lubu was on screen - the heat haze following its acceleration and the pivoting seemed decent for its time, and even the typical plumes of smoke from mecha damage had a sort of lava-lamp animation to them this time around.
Ajian wasn't too long ago, so it makes sense that the Solo crew would fixate on that. Cosmo has been less of a bastard since Brazillier, and he continues to show some maturity by only hinting at the stunt Sheryl pulled in Episode 15 instead of busting her chops, not to mention that whole scene with Kitty at the end.
With the way Daram was introduced in Episode 21, in that big purple mecha of his, I expected him to be Scirocco-Lite, but he's different. He's just as much of a bullshit artist, though. I don't know what's worse - his pretending that packing a nuke was just a back up plan, or asking "are we the bad guys" and then compartmentalizing the concern, after trashing an inhabited planet to lay a failed trap for one machine. He's a real piece of work.
>>
>there's a character named Kitty Kitten
>>
The Ganga Lubu had a good showing in this episode.
>>
>Are you ready for Cosmo's Wild Ride?
>>
>>15832149
I actually like that; it causes a bit of whiplash in the viewer.

"Oh so the Buff Clan aren't all happy with the warmongering ways of the Emperor, that's... wait, they just fucking destroyed an entire planet just for a trap."

It's a bit clever in that normally that's when we'd start to be sympathetic for them, but it's contrasted with their complete disregard for the aliens.
>>
>>15832149
>>15834061
In addition to what you guys have to say, what really stands out to me is the relationship between the Solo Ship crew and every other batch of Human colonists they've encountered so far.

They've really become aliens to one another, and it's heart breaking to see them treat each other as strangers from other planets. Yet, in the end, that's probably the most believable scenario.

But more importantly, Ideon Groupwatch Thread,

is there anyone who actually likes the act of killing?
>>
>>15834134
Depends. I enjoy shooting pests on some level. Rabbits, rats, pigeons, etc.
>>
File: Hey Wait!.jpg (238KB, 2273x2240px) Image search: [Google]
Hey Wait!.jpg
238KB, 2273x2240px
HEY,....Wait a minute! Why those....
>>
>>15834574
You might be reading a little too much into things.
>>
I know! How dare they remember an important past historic moment in their culture.
>>
Is there such thing as a Tomino show with no WWII allegories?
>>
>>15834924
I was going to say L-Gaim but you could argue it's about a new order after a big war.
>>
You may start watching episode 24.
>>
File: Zudandan Kinnikuman.png (194KB, 529x392px) Image search: [Google]
Zudandan Kinnikuman.png
194KB, 529x392px
Gije has officially crossed over from "knowledgeable special agent" to "Ideon nerd".
This was the best heist episode I've ever seen in a mecha show. Whoever charted this one out came up with some solid ideas for the escape attempt, too. Cosmo's fro looks especially full and wavy throughout Ep. 24, for some reason.

>>15834574
>>15834746
That's a stock way to depict beams of light cracking through spaces in anime. For example, Kinnikuman's 4th opening has a similar symbol. That said, maybe some of those things are supposed to be stand-ins for the rising sun; never thought about it myself, and I doubt it, but it's plausible.
>>
>>15836320
24 is one of my most favorite episodes in the series b/c of Gije trying something other than "send mecha to blow up Ideon". Also Cosmo's payback for Gije besting him on the Dinosaur Planet is super satisfying.
>>
File: Ideon_kick.gif (787KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Ideon_kick.gif
787KB, 320x240px
This ep has some pretty good shots.

>Holy shit, it's the Giant! But it's... unmanned? I've got an idea, let's steal it!
>We would have beaten back the aliens if it weren't for those meddling kids!
>>
Joliver looks like he's ready to cut someone in this shot.
>>
I know, i'm just messing around, Ive been into Japanese animation since i first laid eyes on Speed Racer, 8th man, Kimba the White Lion, Wonder Three back in the early 70's then on to the others. But i got to see Space Pirate Captain Harlock with english subtitles in the original language on Japanese tv in NYC and i never looked back at the western bastardizations.
>>
>>15838868
>But i got to see Space Pirate Captain Harlock with english subtitles in the original language on Japanese tv in NYC
I did not know that this was thing.

Lucky you, Anonymous.

A true veteran.
>>
You know this is going to be an episode when the show opens up with THEME OF FUNKY BUFF CLAN and the ship separates.
>>
You can sense the smug wafting from inside his mask.
>>
>>15839037
I absolutely adore the Buff Clan's ship designs throughout this series. They're fantastic in of themselves, but you can also see future ship designs in other series running through them.

>>15839090
He loves it; the thought of finally being able to deal those Logo Dau aliens some payback.

Great episode all throughout; more interesting things revealed about the Buff Clan; like the current force being private, and some great action; the drama's really getting entertaining as well. Cosmo has really matured over the series and we've still got a fair bit to go.
>>
Is Kitty the first Earthling with an unnatural hair colour?
>>
>>15839197
Nope, literally paused to think about that and the next frame, Bes popped up.
>>
>>15839156
>I absolutely adore the Buff Clan's ship designs throughout this series
There are some really amazing designs in this show, aren't there?

Even the Ideon, which is a simplistic 3-parts combiner with a predominately red color scheme, ends up being a really great design due to the way it's utilized by the show's staff.

>>15839197
You've also got Hatari, with his off-purple colored hair.
>>
>>15839197
>>15839199
>>15839218
Sheryl's hair is pink too. I think Kitten's is just brighter and she was introduced after we've gotten used to everyone on the Solo ship.
>>
File: 1502678151628.webm (92KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1502678151628.webm
92KB, 960x720px
>>15839224
I completely blanked out on Sheryl's hair being pink.

Pink has become a natural hair color to me.

Help, anime has warped my world view.
>>
>>15839235
Same. What a weird impact all this has on us.
>>
I watched this episode and 25 together just now; I'll stave off commenting on 25 until VF gives the all clear, but I'll just say this: it might be one of my favourite anime episodes in general.
>>
>>15839264
2 hours until we can begin watching/discussing the next episode, but I just wanted to say that I'm happy to see that you're enjoying this.

I'm overjoyed by everyone's participation.

Ideon is a tremendous show, but not just because of the show's content but because of its effect on people who ended up joining the industry. Even veteran voice actors, like Ryotaro Okiayu, have stated on occasion that they got into the business because of watching Ideon.

It's great to see that people are actually participating in this thread, watching and discussing the show, and not just treating it like this ominous thing in the distance that nobody dares approach.
>>
>>15839348
Definitely. It's such a short series, and while we've really only been able to enjoy it properly for a short period of time, there was always this cloud around it: it's too grim dark, it's boring mecha-of-the-week, everyone dies, kill-em-all strikes again, etc.

Taking the time to have a decompressed watch of the series really helps you appreciate it for what it is and enjoy it more. Once we're done with Ideon, I'm going to do the same for Zambot 3, another show I've tried to watch in the old manner and given up on. Just one a day.
>>
>>15839348
>>15839372
I totally agree, though it'd be a shame to end the discussion with Ideon. Once we're finished with it I think it'd be great to start up a group watch for another under-discussed gem.

Zambot 3 sounds like a good place to start, especially for how it would impact Tomino's work in Ideon.
>>
You may start watching episode 25.

>>15839372
>>15839766
If there's interest, after we wrap up on Ideon, I've got a show in mind that I think would go perfectly as the target of a new group watch.
>>
Alright, where to start; love the designs of the Cairal space fighters; you can even see glimpses of their thrust vectoring on the wings at times in close ups. The space fight was absolutely fantastic; chaotic and yet you could tell what was going on with the Buff Clan Foundation ships slowly being torn to pieces; Gije's gambit was not only great dramatically but also had a nice contrast with the carnage going on around them. Cosmo being fucked up along with the general maelstrom was engaging; added tension and showed again that this isn't a curbstomp either eay; the fact that barely any ships went back with the Solo ship also proving that. The animation this episode was great and honestly that whole battle is one of the best I've seen in a tv anime.

Having had time to process, not too sure how I feel about Kitty's death. It was pretty well done and continued to show just how fucked up the situation is, as well as likely to shake Cosmo from his more considered attitude once he learns of it.

Karala finally giving up the co-ordinates of the Buff Clan homeworld and being the same bloodtype as Cosmo was very well done, I think, showing how far people have come and how little difference there is between the two peoples. The fact that Logo Dau, Earth and the Buff Homeworld are so perfectly aligned also contributes to this as well as heightening the mystery.
>>
>>15839804
Sorry, didn't finish my thoughts on Kitty's death. While it was very well done, I can't help but feel that introducing a character so soon, having Cosmo fall in love and then having her get killed is just a little convenient, especially as the series has already done that with not so much as a lover as a maternal figure.
>>
>>15839804
>>15839807
I loved using the ending song during the part where she died. I think it's one of my favorite songs that I've heard in an anime.
>>
>>15839814
Same; especially using another verse of it than normal.
>>
>>15839814
>>15839815
Verse that, coincidentally, details pretty much what happened between Kitty and Cosmo: a quick romance that ended with death and will leave Cosmo with a lot of pain and sorrow.

This episode was beautiful all around. Seeing the Caral forces join up with the Solo Ship and Ideon in what it is pretty much the first sign of military cooperation in a series full of disagreements was a welcomed change. And, from what I understand, it pretty much sets up the last third of the series.
>>
Going on a tangent here: I don't think I can stress enough how much I love the opening. It's one of the catchiest songs for an opening I've heard in a while, much more than "Tobe, Gundam!". And I love how the song escalates in the middle and in the end. The way I see it, it gives a very triumphant yet grim tone to the opening. As if "the time of rebirth" was something both to admire and fear.
>>
File: cosmo.png (1MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cosmo.png
1MB, 1440x1080px
This is my second time watching Ideon and every single episode is still really engaging. I dont know what it is. The show has all the formulas that contribute to a really boring experience but I always feel like no time has passed by the time "IDEOOOOOOOOOOOOOON" and the end of the episode come up.
>>
File: 19.png (892KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
19.png
892KB, 1280x720px
Cosmo is cute! CUTE!
>>
Not doing this rewatch thing but it's cool to see Ideon being discussed. Possibly all-time most underappreciated /m/ thing.
>>
>>15841076
this. i havent been keeping up with the groupwatch but it does fill me with joy to see ideon around again. be invoked is one of my favourite anime movies.

>>15840673
also this, the opening is so fucking good.
the eyecatches are amazing too.
>>
File: Untitled-2.png (1MB, 1434x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2.png
1MB, 1434x1080px
"negotiations"
>>
File: 1383617271614.gif (933KB, 180x135px) Image search: [Google]
1383617271614.gif
933KB, 180x135px
>>15839780
Any hints? How under-appreciated can we get?
>>
>>15839780
I'd be willing to watch.
>>
>>15839780
Ginguiser?
>>
>>15841721
Chargeman Ken?
>>
>>15841499
Where the hell is that gif from?
>>
>Mega being a complete bitch and not letting me download the latest episode

BUFFF CLAAAAAAAAAAAAN

>>15841806
As far as I know, it's a fan-made animation produced by older doujin circles and events.

It's also where the Ideon/Daitarn 3 parody came from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOp_YUwE9VY
>>
>>15841981

>Ajiba 3

Doba failing to bend the bars always gets me.
>>
>episode 25 finally finishes downloading in time for me to watch it before we start the next episode.

Nice. Not sure what was going on today.
>>
Even after death, we'll meet again in time
To keep on living would only bring you sorrow
We had a sudden brush with love
Only to remain locked inside my memories

Traveling through the skies of cosmos
I'll send a prayer your way
Traveling through the skies of cosmos
I'll send a prayer your way

>>15839804
>>15839807
>>15839814
I forget who it was, but there was a famous person working in anime today who said that he wanted to get into anime because of how shocking Kitty's death was and how somber the ED was and how it perfectly fit into the whole thing.

While it does mirror a similar situation much earlier in the show, it's so well executed that you can't help but get sucked into the show's flow.

This will make me sound like a really strange person, but I liked the senseless nature of it. Even Daram is shocked by his own actions and the nature of the situation.
>>
You may start watching and commentating on episode 26.

Kasha is cute!
Cute!
>>
>>15843146
Same. It's just another tragedy in a sea of them.
>>
>>
File: 43652842_p85_master1200.jpg (287KB, 600x424px) Image search: [Google]
43652842_p85_master1200.jpg
287KB, 600x424px
This thread is a joy to read. I'm glad if more people are discovering the series through the EG release, makes me feel like all the work was worth it.
>>
I had to take a long trip, so I was back on episode 9 or something. I've caught up to episode 14 now. I normally dislike this sort of episode, but for some reason I don't hate Cosmo's break-down.
>>
>>15843857
Hey, thanks for all the work you put into it! This thread got me to pull it off my backlog and watch it for the first time, and I'm really enjoying it.
>>
>>15844326
And this happened, too. Sheryl's true nature manifests.
>>
File: armitage_III.jpg (136KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
armitage_III.jpg
136KB, 960x720px
>>15819102
>>
Are the other Galbo Jick components manned?
>>
>That preview for episode 27
Being Solo Ship is suffering.
>>
The character development is a lot better than I expected. It's great to see how the relations between the Solo crew members evolved since the early episodes.
I really dig the new Buff mech, but I don't see any reason for it to split into three. I guess they just copied the Ideon since it worked for it.

>>15829029
Best couple
>>
I assumed that Tom would catch a couple of slaps from Cosmo, but I suppose that either Tom left out some details about what happened in Episode 25, or Cosmo isn't so vindictive that he'd knock a child around. Still, fuck Tom.

>>15845450
It's got quite a bit of spoilers, too. I know that previews can either tell you too much or lie to you outright, but this one went above and beyond my expectations. Between the beat-by-beat outline of the episode's plot and the Solo crew's general luck, I feel like I've already seen the whole thing.
>>
Ide's calling.
>>
ya
ra
nai
ka?
>>
Some of the sequences in this episode feel Yoshinori Kanada-esque.

but I'm not sure if he actually worked on Ideon.
>>
You guys were right about the episode preview.

I forgot they show off so much in it.

Regardless, there's still some stuff in it that'll catch you off guard so don't give up hope just yet.
>>
>>15845946
Sheryl is kinda cute when you look at her.
>>
>People enjoying the show

Can't wait to see your reactions to Be Invoked. The series is solid but the movie surpassed all the hype and anticipation I had for it. And it was a lot of hype.

It's such a wild ride, holy shit. Top tier action movie.
>>
You may start watching episode 27.
>>
>>15846135
She reminds me of my hot aunt.
>>
I've fallen behind pretty badly hope I'll catch up for tomorrow
>>
>>15846537
Take your time with it, I don't want anyone to feel like they need to rush through this show.
>>
File: Untitled-3.png (1MB, 1437x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-3.png
1MB, 1437x1080px
I like how much Deck and Cosmo have bonded.
>>
>>15846135
Her skin is the color of space suit, though.
>>
>When a research ship looks cooler than a warship
>>
>>15847358
>when a ship the sponsors don't give a shit about looks cooler than a ship designed to be a toy for retarded children
>>
>>15847358
Hey man, its an ancient alien ship. It probably looked really cool to them.
>>
>>15847366
I always thought that the main shit in cartoons and stuff was never as cool as some occasional side thing. This ship is the Boba Fett of Ideon. Actually every ship in Ideon that isn't Solo is a Boba Fett. The designers went nuts in this show and it's awesome.
>>
File: salt.jpg (85KB, 952x716px) Image search: [Google]
salt.jpg
85KB, 952x716px
I started watching this a few weeks before you guys started doing this, been really slowly going through it as I have very little time these days. I've actually been working my way through all of Tomino's non-Gundam stuff starting with Zambot 3 It's been interesting and I'm up to episode 20, but I find the past handful of episodes have been pretty dull. There'd be a really good episode then a few that just felt like they were trying to pad out the story, then another good one. It seems to be picking up as we start finding out more about the Buff Clan at least.

Also the salt ocean episode gave me flashbacks to Gundam.
>>
I liked this part. Pure kino.
>>
>>15847358
IMO all of the ships, Solo Ship included, are pretty neat.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-09-05-11h43m29s153.png (753KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-09-05-11h43m29s153.png
753KB, 960x720px
You know, for all the treachery and disdain Earthlings are shown to have for their fellows aboard the Solo Ship, the existence of the Geru Field weapon makes me think about the implications of what the Buff Clan were willing to do to their own, just so that they were one step closer to taking down the Giant. Pursuing Ideon drove them nuts as well, but that shit becomes easy to forget when the good guys get utterly shafted by people who are supposed to be on their side.
>>
File: hate.png (811KB, 911x678px) Image search: [Google]
hate.png
811KB, 911x678px
I am extremely late. I hate him more than the children in Eureka Seven.
>>
And thus, one comes to the realization that what is yet to come is only more pain.
>>
This line made me thing: Is the Ide, and thus Ideon, named after the psychological concept of the "Id"? After all the Ide activated because of a pure instinct of self defense. Once it gained proper consciousness, it looked better ways to please such instinct. I'm saying this from the perspective of someone that doesn't know about psychology and only used Wikipedia to base my point.
>>
Also: This eyecatch looks fucking great yet it's still ruined by the SPACE RUNAWAY in the logo.
>>
Been a bit down for the last few days so haven't been watching. Now for three Ideon episodes in a row to cheer me up!
>>
It's the third time they use the exact same plot device, and it starting to lose its impact. At least this time it's wit Sheyrl and not Cosmo.

>>15848952
It might just be a coincidence (Id isn't a particularly complex word), but considering that it's a Tomino show I'd say it's probably the case. The dynamic between the crew's actions and the Ideon's unknown desire can also be mirroring the conscious and unconscious parts of the mind.
>>
>Cosmo gets the Ideon to punch
>Tears off the Buff Clan mecha's leg
>The arm then launches all its missiles at it for a finishing blow

That was beyond cool.
>>
>>15847248
I like that whole scene because it really shows that Deck is being forced to mature in the scenario he's in.

The show still reminds us that he's a kid, though, but he's a kid who's been forced to accept a very harsh truth.

>>15848042
The combat scenes on the whole have been improving greatly.

Each episode has better fights than the next, with some of the coming episodes having some of the best fights in the show in my opinion.

>>15848593
I'm honestly wondering how they developed the Geru Field.

It's such a destructive device.

>>15848952
Freud's Id, Ego, and Super-Ego stuff was really popular in New Age sciences that dominated the the 60s, 70s, and 80s.

Japan loved latching onto that stuff, so it's no surprise that Tomino (who used some similar concepts in Gundam) ended up using them in Ideon.

>>15849186
How she acts on the Solo Ship after everything wrapped up honestly had me feel really bad for Sheryl.

She's not an easy to like character, but this episode shows how the events that have transpired have taken a toll on her psyche really well.
>>
>>15849259
>Each episode has better fights than the next
than the last, I meant to say.
>>
>>15849261
>abandoned by his crew and left stranded on an alien moon
That's the point where I would have felt bad for him, if he didn't genocide two entire planets in comically bad attempts to capture a robot piloted by teenagers. Gije finally gets the punishment he deserves.
>>
It's time for Episode 28.

>>15849282
I really do feel bad for Gije.

Guy comes from a society where all you really have is pride, and pride is how you go up the ladder.

It's understandable, and a bit pitiable, to have him develop a maddening complex after all the harsh beatings he has received at the hands of the "Logo Dau aliens" who he perceives as being a lesser race.
>>
>>
File: Untitled-4.png (1MB, 1437x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-4.png
1MB, 1437x1080px
>told to fuck off by the one place you thought you would be safe
>>
File: Hmmm..jpg (1MB, 3988x3988px) Image search: [Google]
Hmmm..jpg
1MB, 3988x3988px
Am I the only one that made this connection?
>>
>>15811363
This is a cool idea. Got any ideas for what the next series will be?
>>
>>15850717
Well, at least we should watch the film.
>>
I'm sorry, what? Did I miss anything? Or is this a sort of asspull? At least when they previously discovered a new ability on the Ideon, it was because of the unknown ways the Gauge works. This is just "Oh, we found this gun in the ship off camera".
>>
>>15851333
I think at some point they said there was something they couldn't reach near the ship's engine. I'm not sure if that was ever explained to be something else but they initially couldn't get to the engine and they found the gun near the engine.
>>
I don't get is where did Cosmo's almost murder level dislike for Sheryl come from. Ten or so episodes ago it would've made sense, but Cosmo had a lot of development in the mean time. Seemed out of character.

>>15851333
That was pretty cheap. They could've easily put the scene in an earlier episode, or just do it like the black hole power and discover it mid fight. At least the fight scenes were really good.
>>
Man I totally got distracted today. I'll have to catch up.

You can start watching and discussing episode 29 now.
>>
The combat in these last few episodes has been wonderful with the wild sweeping, trails, etc.

It actually reminds me a little of Homeworld in its execution. Makes me wonder if Relic was familar with Ideon when they made it.
>>
>>15850807
That's what's happening; the idea is to finish Ideon and then watch the films together on a stream (I'm going to just put them on my PC using the BD and watch at the same time).
>>
>>15850592
Yeah, I think so.
>>
On a scale of 1-10

how do you rate the Buff Clan women based on what you've seen?

9/10 for satisfying both my Idealistic Princess and Warrior Bride fetishes.
>>
>>15852185
About the same. As close to perfect as one can get. Cute outfits too.
>>
>>15851333
Yeah, it was quite clumsy. They had hinted at it earlier, but I'm not sure that was meant to be the Ideon gun or not.

Still looked cool firing.
>>
Also you guys have said a bit about the episode, but for both 27 and 28 you sorta ignored our good buddy Gije.
>>
BAKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>15852234
He just can't catch a break, can he?

>>15852236
akaaaaaaa....
akaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...
>>
Just finished downloading all 39 episodes. I'll start to watch them soon. Will you upload the movies as well?
Thanks for the uploading all of this.
>>
Where did they get that ribbon for that pig?
>>
>>15852234
Well he just judo chopped Sheryl through a space suit.
>>
>>15852260
The echo was my favorite part of that scene.

And it's a really good scene.

>>15852262
I'm not the one who uploaded this stuff.

I got it from the Nyaa Recovery Thread's Pastebin

If there's no DDL for A Contact and Be Invoked, I'll upload those.
>>
Some fantastic animation this episode; it's brilliant.

Gije has gone full Ideon fanboy this episode too.
>>
Holy shit this episode.

Ideon just keeps getting scarier and scarier.
>>
>>15852298
Yeah, the mounting dread is the best part of the show.
>>
It's official, these Earth forces are lunatics.
I like how, for a split second, you can see how terrified everyone on the bridge of Rukuku's ship is.

>>15851619
If you're going to have a flashback, adding new info is the best way to do it.
And I don't think Cosmo's dislike of Sheryl is murderous, just contemptuous. He might have become slightly less impulsive, but she keeps coming up with new bullshit to stack on top of the big pile she's already made, and that would try anyone's patience.

>>15852185
6/10
Mayaya was fiiiiine - she reminds me of the babes from the Andersons' UFO series, and that's a huge plus. Kiyaya, Karala's attendants and the background characters are kinda cute, too, in that '70s way. But all the high-ranking Buff Clan women (except Karala herself) are ice queens. Can't be bothered with that. So I split the difference.
>>
What I liked about this episode is how Daram and Rukuku seemed to be masking their disdain for each other until the Ideon Swords kicked in.

>The first thing I'll do after being rescued is to drink my resounding failure away.
>>
File: 12345453564563.png (1MB, 1431x1080px) Image search: [Google]
12345453564563.png
1MB, 1431x1080px
>>
The sound effects for the beams has to be one of the most uncanny ones I have yet to hear. Kind of like the sounds Ramiel does in Evangelion.
>>
File: Ashura.png (1MB, 1431x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Ashura.png
1MB, 1431x1080px
>>15853060
>>
File: Ideon.png (580KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Ideon.png
580KB, 720x540px
>>15854419
I think it's not as scary as Ideon's scream like the one in episode 14.
>>
>>15854432
This is definitely an Ashura episode.
>>
We're back to seeing the regulars of the Buff Clan military, which means a return of the Buff Clan military uniform.

I'm not sure which I prefer, the Orme Foundation's uniforms or the Military's.
>>
>Better blow them up than let them have anything!

What a world.
>>
One thing I like about this show is how the background characters got upgraded into regulars.

Moera, Techno, and Hatari all end up in key positions.

I'd say Joliver, too, but he always felt like an essential member of the team from the early episodes.
>>
Lots of close ups in this episode.
>>
Best friends already.
>>
New thread.

>>15854988
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 151

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.