[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In the end, this multi-armed design of the power armor has any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: 1459726321965.jpg (407KB, 1200x1011px) Image search: [Google]
1459726321965.jpg
407KB, 1200x1011px
In the end, this multi-armed design of the power armor has any advantages over conventional, except for the size, or Masamune just simply loves insects?
>>
>>15807900
I remember Dunan holding a gun in her own hands while the Landmate carried another.
>>
File: 1477491062181.jpg (1MB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
1477491062181.jpg
1MB, 1944x2592px
>>15807900
enjoy like Italian or scientist
>>
It allows for bigger suits, but i'm not sure if thats an advantage. Havinh your arms stick out like that looks like a ibg weakness
>>
>>15807900
In- universe they claimed that subarms make control better and easier on the pilot.

It's a control interface design choice, mainly. We get to see everything from no subarms, to partials to full subarms after all.
>>
>>15807900
Well, he DOES love insects if the Fuchikoma and those bugs from 1.5 are any indication.
>>
>>15807900
>declarative sentence with a question mark at the end

Can someone explain this hot new meme? I've seen it a lot on /v/
>>
>>15807958

You can't be this retarded?
>>
>>15807960
I mean where's the humor supposed to be coming from?
>>
First thing that comes to mind when I see this thread is the Vok- and VOX-series.
>>
>>15807900
It does have theoretical advantages.
Landmates don't have to conform exactly to the movement of the human body like smaller power-armors such as Iron Man. Having the arms be separate from the sub-arms and mimicking their movements means the arms don't need to be hollow and can have much stronger servos and joints since they aren't limited by needing to conform to the shape and length of the pilot's arm. Also there is no risk of damaging the pilot's arms if the main arms are damaged by enemies, grab something extremely hot, punch too hard, etc.

Of course a smart adversary would target the much weaker sub-arms to wound the pilot instead of trying to damage the main arms, but I don't think that ever actually happened in Appleseed.
>>
>>15807900
>>15807952
^
It's a control interface solution for the arms. The position of the pilot is low, so the hips match up and the legs are huge and multi-jointed so the pilot's lower legs fit in the upper leg section; the arms can't line up from the same position and have to go somewhere. The sub arms give it a way to control the suits arms with natural arm movement. There's no room to keep them fully contained in the torso.
>>
File: Sac21x05.jpg.jpg (52KB, 830x449px) Image search: [Google]
Sac21x05.jpg.jpg
52KB, 830x449px
I love the ones from Stand Alone Complex, such an imposing, threatening design.
>>
>>15807930
Oh hey, there's my finger.
>>
>>15808062
>>15808585
It should be mentioned that there are landmates with no visible sub-arms and are controlled internally instead. Hitomi's boyfriend is playing around with models of these at the end of book 3. He stated that the reason for this was that Israeli landmates were so decked out with munitions that the sub-arms were getting in the way.
>>
File: 1277124097263.jpg (56KB, 354x512px) Image search: [Google]
1277124097263.jpg
56KB, 354x512px
>>15807900
The main reason, was to make battlesuit as small as possible (well, the smaller - the better. Everyone seve for gundam fags knows it) If you use no "magical" controls, like direct brain connection, or ultra-sophisticated AI, you can only rely on mech mimicking the motion of the pilot. If you live the space for pilot to move inside the cockpit, you will get something like AMP-suit from Avatar. And that is hulking huge. Landmates carry the same weapon and power output, while being two times smaller. Simple because "cockpit" houses only head and body of the pilot, living arms outside and legs, partially in mecha legs.
All this was described in manga.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.