[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It looks like he's gonna cry. Do you think we were too

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: 1495234159609[1].png (408KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
1495234159609[1].png
408KB, 600x620px
It looks like he's gonna cry. Do you think we were too hard on Inafune? Did he deserve it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fkidg3Kxx_A
>>
>>15807623
Deserve what exactly? I saw a few gameplay videos of the game. I don't see much wrong with it. The game was released. This is an achievement of itself.

Megaman faggots are some of the world's most obnoxious people on the planet that nothing will ever satisfy them. I remember talking to a few of them back then. Holy shit, the experience was atrocious.
>>
>this thread
>again
>>
>>15807623
Not hard enough. We've gone through too much faggots the technological industry whose main achievements is being a businessman over an actual innovator. Even in something as minor as the games industry this shouldn't be accepted anymore.
>>
>>15809092
Business>>>>>>>>>>"innovation"
Deal with it cuck
>>
>>15807701
Well, the release was fairly botched. There were tons of errors like [AD-LIB MOANING IN PAIN] and the Wii U version occasionally crashed the system. The physical rewards also took ages to get out, and for a long time there was no word on the 3ds and vita versions at all.

However, the glitches were eventually fixed, the physical rewards eventually came out, and I think they may be trying to get the Vita and 3ds versions out eventually. So, as the old saying goes, "it's better than nothing." Even so, everything about MN9 was like a classic example of how badly Kickstarters can go wrong. Megaman fans might be fussy and demanding, but in this case I think anyone woulda been peeved.
>>
>>15807623
He got bought out by Level 5. I think he's feeling just fine.
>>
>>15809120
The sad thing is that MN9 is still one of the more reliable kickstarter campaigns even with how much of a shitshow it was.
>>
>>15809182
I'm not sure I'd go that far--other similar kickstarters had problems, but not as severe as those of MN9. Yooka-Laylee, from what I've heard, turned out to be relatively underwhelming, but it released without a glut of glitches for the platforms it said it'd go for and with its other backer rewards reasonably fulfilled. You could say similar things about, say, Pillars of Eternity.

It seems to me that MN9 was hit exceptionally hard. Some of it was just bad luck, like Unreal Engine moving on to a new version in the middle of development, but surely much of it had to do with poor management on Inafune's part. Perhaps the choice of Inti-Creates didn't go well; they made good 2d platformers but had a lot of trouble with 3d Unreal. They were working on Bloodstained and IGA had to replace them with a different company, leading many to postulate that Inti might have been the problem with MN9.
>>
>>15807623
Needs to stop being a faggot and give us another Soul Sacrifice, which is the only good Comcept game.
>>
>>15807623
I actually sorta took this seriously until I noticed who the guy translating is. Is it the same guy that translates for Igarashi?

Because in a few Iga interviews or videos with people playing games with Iga I've watched, Iga will say one thing and this guy will completely butcher and misconstrue what he sai and also heavily 'americanize' it.

Just wondering, what did Inafune actually say? I had heard this was a 'mistranslation' but seeing the guy who is doing the translating makes me even more awry of it.

Mind you, I think Inafune got all he deserved.
>>
>>15807623
Why do people hate him? He created the product he promised, did he not?
>>
>>15809100
I agree, fuck being an actual creator, we just need to steal credit from people who actually create something.
>>
>>15809509
it's kinda like the bible parable with the grape pickers. the first set of guys thought they'll get extra bonuses for working the longest but they only got what was promised to them (nothing more nothing less).

people expected the beyond the budget funding would lead to a more polished product i guess.
>>
>>15807701
Yeah, megafags never get enough haha
>>
>>15809215
To be fair, I wasn't comparing it to the few successful campaigns that delivered a fairly reasonable end product. I was comparing it to the numerous campaigns that failed on every level due to incompetence, lack of money, or people on the development team being shitheads.
>>
>>15809499

That's Ben Judd. He was a producer at Capcom until his disasterous Bionic Commando which cost 20 million but sold only a few hundred thousand copies. Now he's an agent, abusinessman. He represents Iga, Inafune, Kamiya and others. He setup the MN9 and Bloodstained Kickstarters and signed the Scalebound deal with Microsoft and Platinum games. He's also a translator. I'm curious at details on how he butchers quotes in translation.

In this case, Inafune makes a heartfelt apology, and then Judd interjects with his asinine "it's better than nothing" comment which overshadowed it.
>>
>>15810136
>signed the Scalebound deal with Microsoft and Platinum games.

More than enough reason to hate this dude.
>>
>>15807623
pure clickbait shit
>>
He redeem himself with Gunvolt 2 already.
>>
>>15809509
>He created the product he promised, did he not?
No, he really didn't. I don't bare a grudge against him and accept I made a bad purchase, but I did not receive the game I was initially shown that caused me to fund the game. The initial concept art, the promised design choices, the gameplay ideas, the flow of action, almost all of these things were changed or scrapped for the actual release. Hell it wasn't until after funding the game that we were informed that it would be 3D not 2D.

I think the hate is ridiculous, but the game is bad and even post patch it's still somewhat buggy due to how broken it was on release. I wouldn't say you should never trust a game made with Inafune at the helm again, he's produced some great stuff, but I wouldn't trust him with a kick-starter ever again.
>>
>>15809120
>However, the glitches were eventually fixed, the physical rewards eventually came out
So? All is well. Smooth launches are something that's hard to achieve, no matter what. Even huge gaming companies rarely get it 100% right on their first launch.

As someone who's actually worked on content management systems for businesses, and had to deliver, I've had a few hiccups on my own. We only had one tester and when he was busy testing other stuff, I had to test my own work and make sure everything's okay.

You change a few lines of code here, and you think it'll be fine, and boom, the whole thing explodes.

Upgrading any libraries/engine to make it work with your existing code is a huge fucking pain in the ass, but you gotta do it if people expect you to continue supporting it in later releases.
>>
>>15810276
pfft
>>
>>15810287
>The initial concept art, the promised design choices, the gameplay ideas, the flow of action, almost all of these things were changed or scrapped for the actual release.

This is probably the biggest reason I never personally support Kickstarter games. It's basically throwing your money at concepts.
>>
>>>/v/
>>
>>15810276
Inafune wasn't involved with Gunvolt 2 or Mighty Gunvolt Burst.
>>
>>15810131
Yeah, you have a point there. I can think of a few Kickstarters which were absolute scams through and through. Wasn't some "Yogsventures" game one of those? I heard the creators nearly killed themselves trying to make the game, and when they couldn't succeed, the Yogscast guys just gave all the backers credits for a different game or something and said that was more than they were obligated to do. Complete shitshow.
>>
>>15810295
The main problem with this game weren't the glitches, it's that most of the promises and original ideas weren't held
>>
File: mighty_no__9_by_0_error-d6m8yfw.png (132KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
mighty_no__9_by_0_error-d6m8yfw.png
132KB, 650x650px
>>15807701
Fucking this. Despite being flawed and how messy the KS campaign ended up, I didn't think the game was that fucking bad. That said, I hear MGB was much better tho.
>>
>>15810136
I think the best example I can think of off the top of my head was some video where Iga played Symphony of the Night with some girl, since it had subtitles you could really see the difference.

If you search up "Iga plays symphony of the night" or something it should come right up.
>>
>>15811184
Yeah. To make matters worse the game they got keys to was also unfinished and, as far as I know, still is. I almost feel bad for the dumb bastards that pledged thousands of dollars for fucking nothing.
>>
>>15810276
Gunvolt 2 is fun but mediocre, not even close to con redeemer. And that's assuming inafune had anything to do with it.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.