[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did they make a movie about 999 without any of the character

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Why did they make a movie about 999 without any of the character development or best episodes, changing the backstory, spending a fourth of the movie on the characters from another show that wasn't on tv or home release at that moment and spoiled the ending two years early?
What were they thinking?
>>
You could say that spoiling the end doesn't affect the three years of material that was the heart of the show, the ending was just a wrap up after 110 episodes of weird planets and sad life lessons. But the movie doesn't give that impression, it's all plot, no one would try the show if it's just an overly long version of the lack luster story they made up to shove as much Harlock of possible. He barely does a cameo in the show!
>>
>>15797515
Simple. The manga was shit and the TV series also was shit so they thought they could maybe make it good by changing it completely.
>>
>>15797675
Aren't you unique, anon
>>
>>15797675
And it still lasted more on tv than Harlock and Queen Millenia
>>
>>15798127
>>15798591
It's just hating on matsumoto for the sake of it.
>>
>>15797515
The TV show is trash. Literally every change for the movie was an improvement
>>
>>15798945
The OP is about making promotional material that promotes something you're not selling and reduces interest in your product. No one cares if you like this or that.
>>
>>15798945
>Maetel having a Tetsuro only look that just happens to be the one she always has
>Emeraldas searching for Toshiro that got retconned in the very next Harlock movie
>Tetsuro having the only gun that kills robots in a universe filled with people killing robots with guns
It's a crap movie filled with inconsistent stuff to hide that they wanted to do a Harlock movie and it came out as the worst one.
>>
>>15799130
That's all Matsumoto's fault, you know.
>>
>>15799319
Since the manga goes with the show and the second manga also has no connection to the movies, that's hard to believe.
Matsumoto in an interview going all
>Yes, the people giving me money are very true to whatever and really respect my imput gimmy money
Has no weight. Promotional material won't have shit flinging and real issues.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.